Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #1321
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Hey Ron, who do you ask to get the monorail transportation cards? The driver or the person directing the que?

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #1322
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~armywife~ View Post
just booked our christmas 2012 trip. 406 days to plan . glad to see the commandoes are still going strong!!!!
Congratulations Looking forward to hear what you are planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hey Ron, who do you ask to get the monorail transportation cards? The driver or the person directing the que?
The CM's at the queue, remember not everyone one has them, so you might have give it a couple tries, best spots I've found were the resorts

Bus cards ask the Driver
Boat you can ask the CM at the queue or on the boat

Good Luck
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #1323
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Congratulations Looking forward to hear what you are planning

The CM's at the queue, remember not everyone one has them, so you might have give it a couple tries, best spots I've found were the resorts

Bus cards ask the Driver
Boat you can ask the CM at the queue or on the boat

Good Luck
Thanks . I was thinking it would be fun for my FIL and I to try and get as many as possible.

DisDad Member #188

Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #1324
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Hi Commandos! I'm so out of the loop since i started a new job in August! I think I'm finally adjusting to my new schedule so I've got alot of catching up to do! I haven't even had enough time to commando plan my May trip!!!
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #1325
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

OK ran into a snag on planning next years WDW vacations

was going to go the last week of June (but it is 4th of July weekend and since I'm the iceman at work, they don't really want me to take it off)
The 2nd week we were going to go was Jersey Week in Nov, but my wife works in a school and she has to do a workshop day that week

So now I have to cut back to 1 week at WDW looks like August 19-25 we would be staying off site since my Inlaws are giving us thier timeshare, I already have 5 days worth of PH's (have to use by Oct), Will not be doing the DP, I'll use our Disney Rewards and pay OP, Will be coming up with a whole different breed of Commando planning, since we won't have EMH's, we will be using the minivan to get back and forth (will probably save a lot of travel time) All in all I think everything will go smoothly
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1326
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianha View Post
Hi Commandos! I'm so out of the loop since i started a new job in August! I think I'm finally adjusting to my new schedule so I've got alot of catching up to do! I haven't even had enough time to commando plan my May trip!!!
Congratulations on your new job Better get hopping ADR's are coming up quick

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #1327
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:

was going to go the last week of June (but it is 4th of July weekend and since I'm the iceman at work, they don't really want me to take it off)
The 2nd week we were going to go was Jersey Week in Nov, but my wife works in a school and she has to do a workshop day that week

So now I have to cut back to 1 week at WDW looks like August 19-25 we would be staying off site since my Inlaws are giving us thier timeshare, I already have 5 days worth of PH's (have to use by Oct), Will not be doing the DP, I'll use our Disney Rewards and pay OP, Will be coming up with a whole different breed of Commando planning, since we won't have EMH's, we will be using the minivan to get back and forth (will probably save a lot of travel time) All in all I think everything will go smoothly
Sorry to hear about your change in plans, but sounds like you've got it under control. One trip next year is better than none.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #1328
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Ron

My FIL is excited about the transportation card quest. It will be fun to add that with our silly hat quest

DisDad Member #188

Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #1329
zianha

Quote:
Congratulations on your new job Better get hopping ADR's are coming up quick
Thanks! I am sooooo behind on planning right now! I've spent most of today trying to decide what to do. Me and my kids are CS peeps and decided we won't do Ohana or Sci-Fi this year so no ADRs this trip! I'm trying to decide whether to stay off site this trip or not. We're driving this time and since it's not looking good for free dining for May/June, I'm thinking off site may be the way to go this year. Yes, I realize free dining isn't really "free" but figuring in food costs it saves me money vs other discounts which are currently non-existent for my travel dates anyway.

What to do, what to do!!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #1330
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Ron....sorry to hear that you've had a change in plans, and will be only going once next year. Take heart that at least you'll be going once, which is better than skipping a year entirely. Some friends of ours are planning a trip to DL next year, and DH is hinting that he'd like our family to join them, as our kids get along really well with their grandkids. I've told him forget it, as I want to see WDW alot more than revisit DL again. While I do love DL, I've been far too many times these past couple of years, and want to explore new territory so to speak. Maybe after the WDW trip I will be more receptive to going back to DL, but for now the WDW trip is at the forefront of my savings, even though it's over 3 yrs off in the future. And will start saving for it as of next month. To me DL is safe, as I've been many times, now it's time to give the kids new adventures in a different Disney park.

zianha...since you are driving down to visit WDW, maybe I'm wrong in my thinking, as I've haven't visited yet, but in my mind since you are driving down instead of flying, you have much more options to look at in regards to lodging then those of us who have to fly. Since you have your own transportation, I can't see staying off site to be much of a problem, since you can drive to the parks, and catch one of their trams to get to the parks, once you have parked in one of Disney's parking lots. The thing that you have to look at is how much you are going to have to pay for parking in the WDW lots, and factoring this in would it still be cheaper to stay off site, versus on site. You have still a little time to figure it out, just be sure choice you make is the right one for your family. Have a great day!!

Trish
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #1331
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Sorry to hear that Ron

My FIL is excited about the transportation card quest. It will be fun to add that with our silly hat quest
Dave, here's alittle info you might not find anywhere else

- There is a Boat Tranportation booth at MK that you can most likely make a quick score on some boat cards (they have some in the booth plus alot of boat CM's hang out there)

- HS there is a Transportation booth that you can most likely score Bus cards

- There are 4 cards (water taxis) that you can only get on the water taxis at DTD (something I didn't know until the last day, a Boat Capt told me)

- If a Monorail CM does not have any cards, ask if they have any Monorail wing stickers

While I was on the hunt for the cards, I got these tips from various CM's They paid off quite well

Happy Hunting

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #1332
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thanks! I am sooooo behind on planning right now! I've spent most of today trying to decide what to do. Me and my kids are CS peeps and decided we won't do Ohana or Sci-Fi this year so no ADRs this trip! I'm trying to decide whether to stay off site this trip or not. We're driving this time and since it's not looking good for free dining for May/June, I'm thinking off site may be the way to go this year. Yes, I realize free dining isn't really "free" but figuring in food costs it saves me money vs other discounts which are currently non-existent for my travel dates anyway.

What to do, what to do!!
Your Driving, are your parents coming with you

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #1333
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dave, here's alittle info you might not find anywhere else

- There is a Boat Tranportation booth at MK that you can most likely make a quick score on some boat cards (they have some in the booth plus alot of boat CM's hang out there)

Happy Hunting
I just asked (like thirty minutes ago) them for cards and they said they were on back order. So disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #1334
zianha

Quote:
Your Driving, are your parents coming with you
No they're not! I'm just not letting them pull the "you can't drive" bit this year! We'll be in Orlando for 11 days next trip and I plan to see a few sights in Orlando this time. It's been several years since I've spent any time off of Disney property.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #1335
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I just asked (like thirty minutes ago) them for cards and they said they were on back order. So disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet In August I was told that a couple times (It might be true, but since not all CM's carry them, it could be a nice way of saying they don't have any) I would keep asking around and hope to run into a CM that has some (the worst they can say is no)

Quote:
No they're not! I'm just not letting them pull the "you can't drive" bit this year! We'll be in Orlando for 11 days next trip and I plan to see a few sights in Orlando this time. It's been several years since I've spent any time off of Disney property.
That's good to hear, you got me alittle worried, after the last trip, Glad you got it worked out

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: