Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #1276
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Dave was getting worried about you, glad you made it back

Well it looks like we all pretty much agree on the new ADR policy, if you plan to be there you will be there I do see the point of not everyone has a CC but I'm sure they give you a option if you don't have one Guess we will find out when someone makes a ADR after the 26th

I have to give a CC # for a ressie to get a haircut (it's fairly cheap and alot of people are always in line) so this is all fair I do think if they do it for some they should do it for all of them

I did read that 1 sig resturant was charging $25 if you are a no show, (Victoria & Alberts)

I've seen some other threads talking about this and there is some conflict (comining up with any excuse on why they shouldn't do this), most posters are in favor of it, but you always have some that are not
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #1277
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
To me the new policy sounds fair. Where I can see problems with it is with young families who are just starting out, and may not have a major CC to secure their ADR's. It will be interesting to see how their new policy changes how people make their ADR's. We are the same in that we don't book anything that we can't follow through on. DH may be changing jobs in the coming months, so we'll see how that plays out. Mutley the new hound is working out well for us, but has to learn if he's lonely at night to climb on one of the kids beds and not start rooing (howling) for attention. First greyhound we've ever adopted over the years that actually howls.
Mutley I like that name, reminds me of the cartoon character, but a totally different breed of dog
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #1278
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

That's why we kept name and not changed it to something else. His racing name is Medicine Hat, and the person that owned him called him Mutt as a nickname. The volunteer that was helping us on Sunday called him Muttley and since we remember the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons with Muttley and Dick Dastardley in them it stuck. D**M dog took over our bed last night and growled when we tried to move him. Safe to say that he was over ridden and got moved anyway. I really do hope that they do put this policy in place across the board with ADR's not only at WDW, but DL as well. I find that far too many take advantage of the no charge advance ressies, and feel free to change them at whim. Perhaps this would encourage more people to be more careful when placing ADR's and only book the ones that they really want. Rather than booking something, then changing it multiple times before the trip.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #1279
BELLEDOZER

FWIW, I did receive a response to the email I sent DL guest relations in regards to the problems we had during Gay Days. They did apologize for the problems we witnessed there. And offered us some hopper passes to DL for a future date. On Sat, I did as they requested, and sent them in our hopper passes, along with a copy of the email they sent me, and a cover letter. In it, I explained that our next trip would be to WDW instead of DL, as we wanted to explore the WDW parks. Whether I'll get anything back from them is anyone's guess. I didn't send the email to get compensation from them, just to make them aware of what went on that weekend. Even if I get some good info on WDW I'd be happy, but I personally know that I can get just as good, if not better info here than with Disney directly. We'll see how it goes.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #1280
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
FWIW, I did receive a response to the email I sent DL guest relations in regards to the problems we had during Gay Days. They did apologize for the problems we witnessed there. And offered us some hopper passes to DL for a future date. On Sat, I did as they requested, and sent them in our hopper passes, along with a copy of the email they sent me, and a cover letter. In it, I explained that our next trip would be to WDW instead of DL, as we wanted to explore the WDW parks. Whether I'll get anything back from them is anyone's guess. I didn't send the email to get compensation from them, just to make them aware of what went on that weekend. Even if I get some good info on WDW I'd be happy, but I personally know that I can get just as good, if not better info here than with Disney directly. We'll see how it goes.
I'm glad to hear that they sent a response to your email And if they want to offer you hoppers (take them) if they are for DL you can always sell them and put the money towards your WDW trip. I'm sure you were not the only one that ran into some problems during this event, they would rather send passes than get bad reviews

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #1281
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I've been playing with ideas for our June off site trip, I haven't stayed off site in a while, so it's going to be a whole different type of plan

We have our resturants we would like to go to for dinner picked out
- T-Rex Cafe (I know I can walk right in around 3-4pm
- House Of Blues (still have to find out what time they open, and if I need to make ressies)

- Schula's (do you make ressies through WDW or with them direct)
- WCC
- Teppen Edo

If I remember right I have to call and make these since I wouldn't have a Reservation Comfirmation # because we will be off site

Since we will be driving in I'm going to try to avoid the main Parking lot (T & T) since Epcot is open till 10, I think we will have less traffic exiting from there, since I know my way around the Transportation system I am confident we can breeze through and go the less crowded exit from the parks

EMH's This trip I have to avoid them, have to wait and see what the Park Hours are

I heard a rumor that Test Track will be in Refurb form Easter till Sept, If this is the case I will have like a extra 6 hrs of park time, my son will not be a happy camper though

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #1282
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I find myself in a unusual dilemma, next year we are trying to get together 2 trips to WDW 1 will be a normal trip & 1 on the fly and off site

the two weeks we are looking at are 6/23-6/30 & 11/3-11/10

As of now I'm thinking the June trip will be the Off site trip, this is my reasoning

My wife and son want to go to LegoLand, in Nov it will be dark by 5 and I don't know what kind of hours they will be open

I priced the Autotrain for a round trip it would be $1168, now if we only went down to FL it would be $385 (have no idea why it's like 2.5 more coming home), but since it light out longer I would suffer with the drive home (stopping over night) With gas, food and a hotel I would still be saving $400 I'm not a big fan of night travel, so if I'm going to drive a far distance it will be during the day
Reality check

Per Legoland Florida's website there are several days in Nov it will be closed (11/01 and 11/02). (11/08, 11/09, 11/15, 11/16) (11/29 and 11/30). Other than those days they will be open 10 to 5. That is November 2011. Is it this year you were thinking of?

And tkts for age 13 plus are $75/day.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #1283
BELLEDOZER

I know that I wasn't the only one who had problems during Gay Days. Maybe if more people complained, DL guest relations will do something about it rather trying to placate all who were offended by what we encountered that weekend. If nothing else they could tell the group to tone it down, as it's a family based entertainment. What puzzles me is that I had no problems on my SOLO trip last year during Gay Days, so it's possible that those who were there the prev year thought it was OK to get more touchy/feely this year. What's done is done, and it's now up to DL guest relations on how Gay Days is handled next year. Hopefully better than how it was handled this year. I probably will receive something back from them over the next couple of weeks, but what it is who knows. I'm not concerned, as I've got other things on my plate to deal with that are of a higher priority than DL at the moment.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #1284
daleswife
DIS Veteran

OH OH I wanna be a Commando!!! I love to plan every detail of our trips!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #1285
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Sounds Great, What is the theme going to be
Red shirts with black Mickey heads. We are going to wear them to MK. Sorry for the late response. 39 days to go

I keep analyzing the plan to make sure that my in laws have plenty of opps to rest, but that we don't miss out on the must do's. As with all experiences they have good and not so good. And although we normally go at a faster pace, this opportunity to spend time with them is priceless.

My MIL said the best on skype yesterday. The chance to see Disney through a childs eyes is what she looks forward to the most!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #1286
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Can you get more commando than me???
Old 10-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #1287
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
That is impressive! Would you share you secrets with us?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #1288
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Time to get caught up had a no PC week, turned out to be a loose wire in the hard drive I'm glad my friend was able to fix it, my wife was ready to get a Apple Macintosh

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #1289
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleswife View Post
OH OH I wanna be a Commando!!! I love to plan every detail of our trips!!!
You are member #176 Do you have a upcoming trip planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
You are member #177 Once I get caught up I have to read your TR, looking at the title I would have to say you are a extreme Commando like myself

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #1290
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
Per Legoland Florida's website there are several days in Nov it will be closed (11/01 and 11/02). (11/08, 11/09, 11/15, 11/16) (11/29 and 11/30). Other than those days they will be open 10 to 5. That is November 2011. Is it this year you were thinking of?

And tkts for age 13 plus are $75/day.
It will be in 2012 but Thanks for the info

So far I have $10 off coupons for next year

BUT this is what I hope happens

We hold Busch parks platnium passes (all parks Seseme Place, Busch Gardens, Seaworld, plus water parks included with unlimited visits), since Legoland is owned by Merlin, who's parent company is The Blackstone Group (who owns all the Busch properties) So what I hope is that they will include Legoland in tha package to bring up visitor count

Only Time will tell if they will do it

They also own 1/2 of Universial (looking to sell there share, which can speed up the Marvel rights to Disney, if they don't sell to the other 1/2 owner Comcast)

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: