Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #871
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

My question about the Jedi Training: is there an age limit? DH would probably love to do this and I'd love to make it happen for him but, well, he's 37.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #872
cinabug
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure the age limit is 12 for Jedi Training Academy.

cinabug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #873
cinabug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
OK Commando Club, please tell me how this works.

We are going to HW in August & will want to go on both the new Star Tours & Toy Story Mania. How do you get on both? Do you send 1 person to get fast passes for TSM & the rest of the family to wait on line for Star Tours? Or do you get fast passes for both? Can you have fast passes for 2 different rides? Sorry for all the questions!
OK, I'm new, so not really the expert on this, but you can only get one fast pass at a time, which will have a time printed on it for the time you can get another. My plan is to send one member for TSM fast passes while the rest sign up the kids for Jedi Training. Then we'll all meet and ride Star Tours without a fast pass.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #874
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinabug View Post
I'm pretty sure the age limit is 12 for Jedi Training Academy.
Uncle Jonathan's corn cob pipe! Thanks for the information. I may have to deal with tears for the rest of the day.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #875
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

It's so hard to be a commando and a DVC member! Most DVC members slow down in the parks or skip the parks etc. We are the total opposite. My poor brain nearly exploded today with planning. We can change our DVC reservations for our Dec. trip in 2 days. This morning I went into overdrive trying to come up with a plan! Most DVCers wouldn't take into consideration making rope drop when deciding on what resort to stay at! Thinking about BWV my husband was like..well we could leave early, skip the boat and walk to be at the front of the pack at DHS. Thinking well..how would rope drop be from the international gateway? We went over the transportation times and possibilities from every dvc resort to every park haha. We need an intervention!!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #876
supersuperwendy

Quote:
OK, I'm new, so not really the expert on this, but you can only get one fast pass at a time, which will have a time printed on it for the time you can get another. My plan is to send one member for TSM fast passes while the rest sign up the kids for Jedi Training. Then we'll all meet and ride Star Tours without a fast pass.
That's a great plan!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 04-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #877
supersuperwendy

Quote:
OKay. I'll put the pie on my list. I had some ADRs for Epcot, but just wasn't sure they were the best fit for us. I think we're going for counter service that day, unless anyone here has something better to recommend. The Electric Umbrella is counter service, right? I'm thinking Via Napoli is not? That might actually be something we could agree upon. I might breeze over and see if I could still get reservations for that.
If you want counter service in Future World think about going to Sunshine Seasons in The Land building by Soarin' instead of Electric Umbrella...I think it's WAY better.
DVC Members since 2008

Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #878
cinabug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
If you want counter service in Future World think about going to Sunshine Seasons in The Land building by Soarin' instead of Electric Umbrella...I think it's WAY better.
Thanks. There are so many choices that it is pretty overwhelming to those of us with little experience.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #879
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
That would be how I would do it

Side Note, If your FP says for ex. 10:05-10:35 and you are doing something else at that time, you don't have to rush to get back to the ride, as long as you go back past the start time on the FP you will be OK, even if you get back at 5:00, it's basicly good for the whole day past the time
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #880
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
My question about the Jedi Training: is there an age limit? DH would probably love to do this and I'd love to make it happen for him but, well, he's 37.
It's for ages 4-12

I'm not sure, but I think they might have some events adults can do during Star War Weekends in June I'm going to be following events that go on this year, since we want to go to it in 2012
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #881
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Side Note, If your FP says for ex. 10:05-10:35 and you are doing something else at that time, you don't have to rush to get back to the ride, as long as you go back past the start time on the FP you will be OK, even if you get back at 5:00, it's basicly good for the whole day past the time
A question about your side note: I heard that the new FPs for the Mickey meet and greet at MK were not going to allow you to come back anytime after your window "closes". Does anyone know for a fact which way they went with this?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #882
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
A question about your side note: I heard that the new FPs for the Mickey meet and greet at MK were not going to allow you to come back anytime after your window "closes". Does anyone know for a fact which way they went with this?
I remember reading they were going to use FP's to meet Mickey, I haven't heard anything recent about it

For something like a meet & greet they might be more strict on times, since the characters take breaks and are there at certian times, I guess we won't know for sure unless someone who recently went has any info

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #883
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Besides most of the restaurants in DTD, Does anyone know of any restaurants that do not take the DP

This is my plan, next June when we do the Star Wars weekends, we are getting room only (Hope they do a 30% off promo) we already have 5 days worth of PH's , that leaves meals, I should be able to cover alot of them with Rewards from the Disney Visa, I would like to try some places that do not take the DP, that I usally wouldn't go to

A few places we will go to are-

- T-Rex Cafe, a must do for my son everytime we go
- House Of Blues, always wanted to eat there
- Hoop-De-Doo Review, won't waste 2 credits, feel get a better value OOP

Any ideas

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #884
cinabug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's for ages 4-12

I'm not sure, but I think they might have some events adults can do during Star War Weekends in June I'm going to be following events that go on this year, since we want to go to it in 2012
Another small special Star Wars thing you can do is print the Galactic Passport that Disney is providing. You print at home and take it with you. It appears that CMs will put a special stamp on it and you can keep track of the destinations you visit in the new Star Tours. You add your picture with add on effects to make you a jedi, a rebel pilot, etc.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #885
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Besides most of the restaurants in DTD, Does anyone know of any restaurants that do not take the DP

This is my plan, next June when we do the Star Wars weekends, we are getting room only (Hope they do a 30% off promo) we already have 5 days worth of PH's , that leaves meals, I should be able to cover alot of them with Rewards from the Disney Visa, I would like to try some places that do not take the DP, that I usally wouldn't go to

A few places we will go to are-

- T-Rex Cafe, a must do for my son everytime we go
- House Of Blues, always wanted to eat there
- Hoop-De-Doo Review, won't waste 2 credits, feel get a better value OOP

Any ideas
If you had a sitter for your son one night, you and your wife could go to Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. Last I heard, they don't accept the DP, but it's very upscale.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: