Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #721
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I tried at midnight and 12:30 am, no luck. This morning I got on at 6:30am and it worked, so somewhere between 12:30 am and 6:30 am it opens, I would take a guess and say 6am

I Did manage to get everything we wanted

This is what we got

8/21 - Ohana 5pm
8/22 - WCC 5pm
8/23 - Teppen Edo 4:10pm
8/24 - 1900 Park Fare 8am
8/25 - Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic package 4:30pm
8/26 - LeCeillier 11:35 am (lunch)

I lucked out with the times, they are all keepers

This week I have to make the ressies for the extras, we will do, hope they work out just as well as the ADR's

Nice! I love Ohana and one of these days I will actually book a meal at 1900 Park Fare.... I wish I was planning ADRs or a trip or anything right now. 6am sounds about right for them opening the window. It might have been 6 when I booked for my September trip last year but all I remember is setting the alarm ridiculously early and then not being able to go back to sleep because I was so excited that I got everything we wanted.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #722
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

A few must do's this trip

-Visit the new lego store (should be done by then since they are saying April)

- Jedi Training (son loves this)
- Phineas & Ferb Meet And Greet - (they should be in HS for the summer)

A few ressies I still have to make (should be in place within the next week)

- AAA Storytime
- AAA Parade Viewing
- Haircut
- T-Rex Cafe
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #723
MiceFan
I like this place

I am currently planning a DLand trip for this summer and it's just not nearly as fun as WDW planning!
Maybe I should go ahead and start working on a Halloween trip to the World to satisfy the urge.

Mice Fan
Commando #129

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #724
Dobby
27 years is too long to wait for Disney

I'm finally caught up on the whole thread! Now I'm itching to get planning, but I can only do a basic look as I have to wait for October's hours to be posted. I know that with 10 whole days, and part of an 11th, we should be able to fit in most of what we want, plus rest times if needed.

Today I removed my Disneyland information from my Disney binder, and put in my menus and maps. Love my binder!

So, I have a quick question about the free dining plan...I booked before Dec. 20th, so I got the fd offered last fall. I put our check in day as Sept. 28th. What I'm wondering is, if we wanted to add one more day to our trip (fly in on the 27th instead) would it still be covered under the fd as it would be all listed under my reservation? Or because it is now past Dec, I would have to pay for the dining plan for that one day?
WDW Commando #139
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #725
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Wow I LOVE this thread! Made me realize that I am definitely Commando!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #726
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
I'm finally caught up on the whole thread! Now I'm itching to get planning, but I can only do a basic look as I have to wait for October's hours to be posted. I know that with 10 whole days, and part of an 11th, we should be able to fit in most of what we want, plus rest times if needed.

Today I removed my Disneyland information from my Disney binder, and put in my menus and maps. Love my binder!

So, I have a quick question about the free dining plan...I booked before Dec. 20th, so I got the fd offered last fall. I put our check in day as Sept. 28th. What I'm wondering is, if we wanted to add one more day to our trip (fly in on the 27th instead) would it still be covered under the fd as it would be all listed under my reservation? Or because it is now past Dec, I would have to pay for the dining plan for that one day?
Good question, I have no idea if they will include it, Best bet would be to give them a call.

If they do not , you could always go somewhere not on the DP like T-Rex Cafe, if your son likes dinos, he would love it there.

Let us know what you find out, never know if someone else is looking for the same info
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #727
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Wow I LOVE this thread! Made me realize that I am definitely Commando!
You are member #141 I see you have a trip in the planning Feel free to share what you have planned

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #728
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Back to the FP thing, I saw today that they will be starting FP's to meet Mickey in the MK in the spring.

I know I'll be following this, since I have a gut feeling they will be adding more Meet & Greets to the list and maybe some shows that will have FP's.

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #729
Dobby

The other day I sat down with September's hours, and October's hours from last year (just to get a general idea of what I had to work with), to come up with a very general plan, including thoughts on meals, park days, extra things like Fantasmic, etc.

I'm a little out of my league here. I had hoped to spend as little time as possible on the bus. I'd like a plan for if my youngest needs a rest, and a different plan for if it turns out he doesn't. lol! Does anyone here get off on planning OTHER people's days as well as their own? Because when October's hours come out, I'm going to need some serious help

I am trying to convince myself to cut down on the TS meals so I don't have to pay out of pocket, because I know that I am returning in 2014 with my mom and son when he turns 8 (it's tradition). However. I want to do it all.
WDW Commando #139
Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #730
Dobby

Rides to cut (unless my brother comes, then he can take DD on them):

Expedition Everest
RNR
Space Mountain
TOT
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Hall of Presidents (I remember this as a kid, but there's no way the boys will sit through it yet)

Maybes (depending on how the boy reacts to the rides)

Big Thunder
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
POTC
Mission Space
Dinosaur

Anything I'm missing? I am so hoping to get to do all the rides on the maybe list, but if I can't, I will let my 9 year old on them and wait for her. No need for her to miss out.
WDW Commando #139

Last edited by Dobby; 02-26-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #731
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
The other day I sat down with September's hours, and October's hours from last year (just to get a general idea of what I had to work with), to come up with a very general plan, including thoughts on meals, park days, extra things like Fantasmic, etc.

I'm a little out of my league here. I had hoped to spend as little time as possible on the bus. I'd like a plan for if my youngest needs a rest, and a different plan for if it turns out he doesn't. lol! Does anyone here get off on planning OTHER people's days as well as their own? Because when October's hours come out, I'm going to need some serious help

I am trying to convince myself to cut down on the TS meals so I don't have to pay out of pocket, because I know that I am returning in 2014 with my mom and son when he turns 8 (it's tradition). However. I want to do it all.
We will help you out based on what your looking to get done, there are enough Commandos here, that can give you alot of different ways to plan

I didn't see you mention it, are you planning to do Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party

I'm sure we can set you on the right path, remember the only dumb ? is the one not asked

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #732
Dobby

I am planning on attending one party for sure, maybe two if the schedule permits. lol! When we went to the one in Disneyland, there was so much going on, and we enjoyed it so much, that I ended up splurging on a second party at the last minute!

I'm just going through the tentative menu plans to see if it's worth another upgrade...I already upgraded from the QS to the regular dining plan, because I knew we wanted some character meals. I don't know if I can afford another one. lol!
WDW Commando #139
Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #733
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

I have a lot planned for us. We have a summer 2012,14 day trip planned. Woohoo. It will be our first time staying that long. My plan is to hit a park every other day. I have lots of extras I would like to do.
DS:Pirate cruise
DD:Wonderland teaparty
All four of of us F! Dining package
Characters in flight
Epcot seas tour for DS AND DH.
While the boys are playing in the water DD and I will be having lunch (fingers crossed) at CRT.
think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #734
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I am planning on attending one party for sure, maybe two if the schedule permits. lol! When we went to the one in Disneyland, there was so much going on, and we enjoyed it so much, that I ended up splurging on a second party at the last minute!

I'm just going through the tentative menu plans to see if it's worth another upgrade...I already upgraded from the QS to the regular dining plan, because I knew we wanted some character meals. I don't know if I can afford another one. lol!
The Food & Wine Feast is also going on while you are there Great places to use some snack credits Also they have concerts, never know someone you like might be there

2 years ago at the F&WF, Taylor Hicks was there, of course my wife had to go see him (she was big on American Idol), I had a few cocktails during the show, Oh Yeh Good Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-like-tink View Post
I have a lot planned for us. We have a summer 2012,14 day trip planned. Woohoo. It will be our first time staying that long. My plan is to hit a park every other day. I have lots of extras I would like to do.
DS:Pirate cruise
DD:Wonderland teaparty
All four of of us F! Dining package
Characters in flight
Epcot seas tour for DS AND DH.
While the boys are playing in the water DD and I will be having lunch (fingers crossed) at CRT.
You have some really sweet extras planned, plus 14 days at WDW

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #735
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I got to do my favorite part of my planning today The live call to make any other ressies, the CM I got was great
After giving her all my info, she asked what I was looking to book

-AAA Parde Viewing
- AAA Storytime
- Haircut

The Parade Viewing is no longer offered Too much going on in the park I guess

I then asked for The Harmony Barber Shop for the 25th at Noon, as soon I as said this, she said you are quite aware of what's going on around the parks, Then we started talking about The Dapper Dans & haircuts I was able to get the best time to get a haircut at noon

The AAA storytime was not offered the day I wanted (2 days a week they don't do it, and I pick one of those days)
So I got the 1st one on the 24th at 10am.

The 24th is going to be a real busy day
- 8am Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
- 10am AAA Storytime At Epcot (Norway)
- Off to Seaworld (hope to be in park by 11:30am)
- T-rex Cafe Dinner (8ish)
- DTD
Talk about spreading yourself thin

Was on the phone for a good 25mins, I asked if there was anything going on that I might not know about, after going down a list she did metion something I didn't know

Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing Along at the campsite, seems it starts at 6:30pm and is Free, no ressies needed just show up The kids sing songs and make Smores at 9 or 9:30 they show a movie. Now I knew that they had this but I didn't know if you weren't staying at the campsite you could still go

I think we will give it a try

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: