Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #3286
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

That was an awesome day. I have never heard of transportation cards. We will have to ask on our next trip. Watching the fireworks from the boat is awesome. We did it once from the Pirates and Pals boat, and once from the celebration boats. We will rent out the yacht one day! The cupcakes in the form of Mickey's head is cool. Neither Xander nor Connor ever got that. It is a cute idea.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #3287
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
That was an awesome day. I have never heard of transportation cards. We will have to ask on our next trip. Watching the fireworks from the boat is awesome. We did it once from the Pirates and Pals boat, and once from the celebration boats. We will rent out the yacht one day! The cupcakes in the form of Mickey's head is cool. Neither Xander nor Connor ever got that. It is a cute idea.
It is certainly no secret that trying to get Transportation Cards is like a hobby for me, The current series has 26 the breakdown now that I know what the new card is, 3 bus - 11 Boat & 12 Monorail

- 3 Bus Cards are the easiest to get, just keep asking bus drivers
- 12 Monorail Cards these are hit and miss seems like the 3 monorail resorts and Epcot station are the best spots to score them

- 11 Boat Cards these are the hardest to get since they are spread out 3 areas and can only get certain cards in certain areas (you may luck out and find a cool Captain that has them all but it is rare) the 3 areas are, The main watercraft area this would be the MK area for a total of 6 cards, the next is DTD area + a couple of resorts that uses the Water Taxi (4 cards) the last is the new card the Friendship Boats these are the boats that are used at Epcot and the Boardwalk area also HS (1 card), Basically I ask anyone wearing the white boat outfit, especially before the entrance of MK you see a bunch of them walking around

I have found the best way to get the cards is to ask - You wouldn't happen to have any Bus, Boat, Monorail ( Depends on form of transportation your on) Cards , I try to ask them discreetly without a lot of people around, also if you have a child with you, your chances increase

Not all Transportation CM's have them so if someone says no, don't give up the big score could be the next one you ask
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #3288
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I
- 11 Boat Cards these are the hardest to get since they are spread out 3 areas and can only get certain cards in certain areas (you may luck out and find a cool Captain that has them all but it is rare) the 3 areas are, The main watercraft area this would be the MK area for a total of 6 cards, the next is DTD area + a couple of resorts that uses the Water Taxi (4 cards) the last is the new card the Friendship Boats these are the boats that are used at Epcot and the Boardwalk area also HS (1 card), Basically I ask anyone wearing the white boat outfit, especially before the entrance of MK you see a bunch of them walking around
I did the transportation cards that one trip, but just couldn't get into it. But, we rode a boat almost solo family on the Poly MK route, and we talked with the Captain while they waited. He gave my two dds a pirate doo rag each and a pink bracelet. So, they were honorary pirates I suppose. Like you said, those extra episodes of magic make the trips even more special.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #3289
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I did the transportation cards that one trip, but just couldn't get into it. But, we rode a boat almost solo family on the Poly MK route, and we talked with the Captain while they waited. He gave my two dds a pirate doo rag each and a pink bracelet. So, they were honorary pirates I suppose. Like you said, those extra episodes of magic make the trips even more special.
Seems like it's always those little unexpected Magical Moments you remember the most
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #3290
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

thanks

Never heard of transportation cards but now I know to ask thanks for the tip...

My daughter and grands were just here for 6 days we went to Michigan for a day at the indoor water park in Dundee and the Ren faire in Holly the next day.We had a great time. Then back home for a big bbq with friends and neighbors. Whew they are back in NC and the house is quiet again but it was loads of fun.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #3291
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Day 2 started off great we meet up with our friends for EMH at the gate my friends had a problem with the wristband and it had to be rebooted (this was just the start of problems they encountered during the trip), Once we got in everyone left the agenda up to me So this is what we did, we headed to the safari and walked right on, and as I promised the animals were all out and about, did the trail got our Wilderness Explorer book started collecting badges and were on the 1st train to Rafiki's planet watch, collected all the badges there meet Rafiki, did the petting zoo got on the train and headed back, then headed to Asia, did the Thailand & India table then hit the trail in Asia and collected all the badges along the way, then got a FP to EE and headed to Nemo and walked right in , after the show we did Dino 2x, then it was time to use EE FP, we were going to catch FOLK's 1:30 show but heading there it poured we got soakedThis was the only time that no one listened to what I had to say, when it started raining I got us under shelter knowing it only rains about 30mins, well everyone wanted to continue to FOLK, I knew this was a bad ideal since there is no shelter on the path to Camp Mickey, needless to say once we got there and had to wait outside till the doors opened everyone agreed we would freeze once we got inside, so we left and headed toward Flame Tree for lunch within a few minutes the rain stopped and we looked like we just jumped in a pool So we had lunch and headed back to our resorts to get changed, For 2pm I was pleased with what we got done

Our friends were going to MK that night since they had a CRT ADR, and we were going to HS for EMH so we parted at the buses

We got to the resort changed and hung out for about 2 hrs before we headed to HS, At HS we hit Star Tours 1st, then Muppets (last day before they closed for refurb), did the Cars M&G then did Great Movie Ride during the ride everyone sung Happy Birthday to Hunter then stood on a 50min line for TSM, after that we did Rock n Roll Roller coaster then TOT during the start of EMH, then did Star Tours and TSM again and called it a night

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #3292
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Hi Commandos!!! Oh my gosh, I hadn't been on Disboards in months!! I've had some new ventures going on, but I had an awesome trip in March! I changed up my plans a bit on this trip and everything worked out great! I didn't try to get any Transportation cards though. But I'll have to get on top of that next trip! I'm for sure going in March 2014 again, and if things work out, I will go this December (but I'm not holding my breathe).

I haven't read too far back here....has anyone been selected to try the magicbands?? I'm still not sure about these things...
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #3293
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Rule # 3 in the Mamudduck Commando Handbook- "Listen to what I (the commander ) say to do in all questionable situations"
Quote- "This was the only time that no one listened to what I had to say, when it started raining I got us under shelter knowing it only rains about 30mins, well everyone wanted to continue to FOLK, I knew this was a bad ideal"

Glad to know the rule holds true and works for all other commandos

We have specialize Disney skills that we have earned by trial-by-fire.

Can you give me more info( or point me in the right direction) for the Wilderness Explorer badges, I get the concept but how long does it take and will it be ok enough for 3,5,6 yrs olds to do in a day at AK?
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #3294
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianha View Post
Hi Commandos!!! Oh my gosh, I hadn't been on Disboards in months!! I've had some new ventures going on, but I had an awesome trip in March! I changed up my plans a bit on this trip and everything worked out great! I didn't try to get any Transportation cards though. But I'll have to get on top of that next trip! I'm for sure going in March 2014 again, and if things work out, I will go this December (but I'm not holding my breathe).

I haven't read too far back here....has anyone been selected to try the magicbands?? I'm still not sure about these things...
- Just read your blog & watched your Recognizing a Disney Addicted, very cool!
I work at a bank and whenever a customer tells a coworker of mine that they are going to WDW the first thing my coworkers say is "You gotta talk to Wendy she'll tell you EVERYTHING you need to see & do there!"
I only extra comment I would have added to the video "Please send your cheques, visa or cash donations to Feed-this-Disney-addict-now fund"
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #3295
zianha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
- Just read your blog & watched your Recognizing a Disney Addicted, very cool!
I work at a bank and whenever a customer tells a coworker of mine that they are going to WDW the first thing my coworkers say is "You gotta talk to Wendy she'll tell you EVERYTHING you need to see & do there!"
I only extra comment I would have added to the video "Please send your cheques, visa or cash donations to Feed-this-Disney-addict-now fund"
Hahaha! Don't give me any ideas!!! Hee hee Thanks for watching!

Old 08-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #3296
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

I checked out your Youtube videos, Nicely Done, I was thinking of the 50 things and I can probably come up with at least 50 more

As far as the magic bands we did not have them but our friends did, seems like they had some kind of trouble with at least one of them everyday, it kind of tied things up entering the parks, the gates were loaded with CM's with laptops that were there to reboot them

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #3297
zianha

Quote:
I checked out your Youtube videos, Nicely Done, I was thinking of the 50 things and I can probably come up with at least 50 more

As far as the magic bands we did not have them but our friends did, seems like they had some kind of trouble with at least one of them everyday, it kind of tied things up entering the parks, the gates were loaded with CM's with laptops that were there to reboot them
Haha! Thanks! So I only found out today about A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas treasure hunt. Have you done or seen it??

Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #3298
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Haha! Thanks! So I only found out today about A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas treasure hunt. Have you done or seen it??
This is going to be a Yes & No answer, we signed up twice got 2 different maps (think there are 5 total), but never played the game, my son was too into the Sorcerer's game and wanted to keep playing, although we saw where all the stops were they had a pirate chest and a lantern, maybe next time he will want to play, the headquarters is between the rest rooms next to POTC and the French Fry stand over on the side of Peco's Bills

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-27-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #3299
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
Rule # 3 in the Mamudduck Commando Handbook- "Listen to what I (the commander ) say to do in all questionable situations"
Quote- "This was the only time that no one listened to what I had to say, when it started raining I got us under shelter knowing it only rains about 30mins, well everyone wanted to continue to FOLK, I knew this was a bad ideal"

Glad to know the rule holds true and works for all other commandos

We have specialize Disney skills that we have earned by trial-by-fire.

Can you give me more info( or point me in the right direction) for the Wilderness Explorer badges, I get the concept but how long does it take and will it be ok enough for 3,5,6 yrs olds to do in a day at AK?
The true starting point is on the bridge next to the Tusker House next to the little gazebo, although every station has the books so you can really start anywhere, We completed the book within 2 half days, both days we were done around 1pm, so a full day should be enough time, each station has a task (it only take a couple minutes) then they give you the badge, which is a designated sticker they put in the book, there are 31 badges and at some places you get more then one, our last badge was in the middle of the book, when we got it my son said to the CM we are done with the book The CM looked through the whole book to make s=ure we got them all, then said this was the 1st time he got to do this since his station was in the middle of the book, he asked my son's name, and then said Congratulation's Hunter you are now officially a Wilderness Explorer shook his hand and said Welcome to the troop, we then had Russell sign the book and told him that he completed it and was now a Wilderness Explorer, Russell shook his hand and patted him on the back

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #3300
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
The CM looked through the whole book to make s=ure we got them all, then said this was the 1st time he got to do this since his station was in the middle of the book, he asked my son's name, and then said Congratulation's Hunter you are now officially a Wilderness Explorer shook his hand and said Welcome to the troop, we then had Russell sign the book and told him that he completed it and was now a Wilderness Explorer, Russell shook his hand and patted him on the back
This got me thinking maybe we commandos should have our own books with speciality badges etc.?

P.S My annual passes arrived today!!!!!!
WDW Commando Member#199

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: