Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #3271
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Ron, I don't think you've left yet, so here is the Limited Time Magic for next week,

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #3272
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrl View Post
Hi guys!
Can I join? I really think that I belong here!
My boyfriend and I are travelling from Spain next october and it will be our first time in WDW.
I've been planning this trip for more than a year now and we are really happy. I did a lot of research, got Free Dining, 180 days ADR's, made lots of lists, everyday schedules... Even some packing!
Since we live very far from WDW we don't know when we would be able to return (hope it will be soon) so we are going to try to make the most out of our time there, that means no sleeping allowed
Can't believe it's less than 3 months
Welcome. You are really far away. DW and I honeymooned there, and we were able to accomplish a lot of the park without children. We did have some fun with spontaneity in that trip as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Ok my trip is oct2014 and I have already set stuff aside for that trip. Stuff I bought just for that trip so I know I won't need it before that.....
I don't have anything packed for October 2014, but I have started planning that trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
I don't actually pack until the day before and day of our trips, but I make a big pile of "things to be packed" on the sofa, lol.
I have to travel for work, so I have some extras that just stay ready for a quick drop into the overnight bag. DW will start piling things up a week early, and I'll pack the day of our trip, load the car, and when dds get home from school, we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
About 82 hrs till I'm WDW property and my wife is already bugging me to get the luggage so we can start to pack, I have found in past trips the earlier you pack the more you forget, I can pack in about 10 minutes for 11 days
Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #3273
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

I'm putting my question to the Commando's as you are the wizards of wisdom when it comes to all things WDW. I've got a solo trip planned for Nov to DL. There's a good possibility that we will be going to WDW next year, and will know hopefully by my Nov trip if the WDW trip is a go for next year. I've been looking at the Premier AP that's good for both parks, and was wondering if the savings of the AP would offset the cost of it. By my calculations I would be $200 in the red, but that's not factoring in the savings of the Premier AP for the family going to WDW. What are your thoughts on this??? Thanks for your help in regards to this. My trip to DL would be for 5 days, and the trip to WDW would be 6 days in the parks.
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #3274
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixrising View Post
I'm putting my question to the Commando's as you are the wizards of wisdom when it comes to all things WDW. I've got a solo trip planned for Nov to DL. There's a good possibility that we will be going to WDW next year, and will know hopefully by my Nov trip if the WDW trip is a go for next year. I've been looking at the Premier AP that's good for both parks, and was wondering if the savings of the AP would offset the cost of it. By my calculations I would be $200 in the red, but that's not factoring in the savings of the Premier AP for the family going to WDW. What are your thoughts on this??? Thanks for your help in regards to this. My trip to DL would be for 5 days, and the trip to WDW would be 6 days in the parks.
Sorry, can't help on this. I always heard that it was 10 days with regular AP, but don't know with this one.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #3275
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

When I got a Premium AP for DL in 2010, it was worth the money, and we ended up going to DL 3 times over the time that I had the AP. Now with the prices of the AP's in general, they are no longer they deal they once were. Even though there's a good chance of the WDW trip next year, if it is a go, we haven't decided when we'll go. So I'm not sure if I want to commit to buying the Premier AP, in case the dates we end up booking are past the expiry of the AP. It was worth looking into to see if was a viable option in to save money on the trip.
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #3276
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Ok, I'm going to tell you what I did a few years ago but you'll need to do some homework to see if it will still work now. Way back in 2006 (I think) when dd & I went for 2 weeks and DH met us down there for 1 week in-between. I had to buy tix for DH, so I got 10 day ph+ 10 extras no expiration! DH can't/ won't ever do more than 4 days of parks, so I knew I'd be using the for many trips. When we were planning to go to DL (back in 2011) and I was looking for ticket info, I found information either here on the Dis, Mousesavers, or Allears.net that PH+ from WDW can be exchange for admission into DL, you can only do 1 day at time for admission that day and its done at the front gate by a manager. Basically they take your ticket, remove a day and print a day ticket for DL, it took 45 minutes for it to be done (cuz they don't use the same system at WDW & DL), if you called either WDW or DL no one knows about this, most of the ticket booths CM know nothing about this, and just about everyone else doesn't know about this. That's why I had to actually wait until I was there at DL gate hoping that it would work.
A couple things that are different with your situation could be: 1) my ph+ were already WDW activated 2) it was the first year that they offered Premium annual passes 3) no RFID bracelets.
I'm not sure if it'll still work or if it'll even save you any money, but it did work a few years ago.
My decision of when I buy an Annual passes is always based on whether I will have more than 12 days within one year at WDW. e.i . This dec (2 weeks) and then 2 weeks again in nov. 2014 before the AP runs out.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #3277
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
Ok, I'm going to tell you what I did a few years ago but you'll need to do some homework to see if it will still work now. Way back in 2006 (I think) when dd & I went for 2 weeks and DH met us down there for 1 week in-between. I had to buy tix for DH, so I got 10 day ph+ 10 extras no expiration! DH can't/ won't ever do more than 4 days of parks, so I knew I'd be using the for many trips. When we were planning to go to DL (back in 2011) and I was looking for ticket info, I found information either here on the Dis, Mousesavers, or Allears.net that PH+ from WDW can be exchange for admission into DL, you can only do 1 day at time for admission that day and its done at the front gate by a manager. Basically they take your ticket, remove a day and print a day ticket for DL, it took 45 minutes for it to be done (cuz they don't use the same system at WDW & DL), if you called either WDW or DL no one knows about this, most of the ticket booths CM know nothing about this, and just about everyone else doesn't know about this. That's why I had to actually wait until I was there at DL gate hoping that it would work.
A couple things that are different with your situation could be: 1) my ph+ were already WDW activated 2) it was the first year that they offered Premium annual passes 3) no RFID bracelets.
I'm not sure if it'll still work or if it'll even save you any money, but it did work a few years ago.
My decision of when I buy an Annual passes is always based on whether I will have more than 12 days within one year at WDW. e.i . This dec (2 weeks) and then 2 weeks again in nov. 2014 before the AP runs out.
We have a leftover day from our WDW honeymoon trip ten years ago. I also heard that Dl will exchange it for a ticket. On 10/25, I am going to see if they still allow it. I will report back after that. Did you go to the gate rather than the window? I am afraid the people behind me will get mad if it takes too long.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #3278
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

I first went to the booth and they told me to go to the gate, and yes people started getting mad ( bet they were thinking that we were trying to do some wrong/illegal) but they did have us stand off to the side. I really don't know why it took 45 minutes, seemed extreme even for Disney. The 2nd day we did it I walk up to the gate closest to exits (before RP/ with the gates still closed) told them about the length of time the day before and that we need to get in early because we had a "walt's footsteps tour" it didn't take as long ( 20 mins) but they could see that I was getting anxious about making the tour time.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #3279
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
I first went to the booth and they told me to go to the gate, and yes people started getting mad ( bet they were thinking that we were trying to do some wrong/illegal) but they did have us stand off to the side. I really don't know why it took 45 minutes, seemed extreme even for Disney. The 2nd day we did it I walk up to the gate closest to exits (before RP/ with the gates still closed) told them about the length of time the day before and that we need to get in early because we had a "walt's footsteps tour" it didn't take as long ( 20 mins) but they could see that I was getting anxious about making the tour time.
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of exchanging the ticket just before the Halloween party on 10/25 (probably shorter lines too, since we will not go in right at 4pm but still before 7pm) but not using it until the morning of 10/26. Do you have to redeem the ticket on the day you exchange it or can it be redeemed the next day? I want to have an early pre park opening breakfast on 10/26 and do not want to be stuck at the gate for 45 minutes.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #3280
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of exchanging the ticket just before the Halloween party on 10/25 (probably shorter lines too, since we will not go in right at 4pm but still before 7pm) but not using it until the morning of 10/26. Do you have to redeem the ticket on the day you exchange it or can it be redeemed the next day? I want to have an early pre park opening breakfast on 10/26 and do not want to be stuck at the gate for 45 minutes.
You can try but I think I remember them saying that you could only redeem them ON the day you're using them.
WDW Commando Member#199

Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #3281
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I"m back
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #3282
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowGrl View Post
Hi guys!
Can I join? I really think that I belong here!
My boyfriend and I are travelling from Spain next october and it will be our first time in WDW.
I've been planning this trip for more than a year now and we are really happy. I did a lot of research, got Free Dining, 180 days ADR's, made lots of lists, everyday schedules... Even some packing!
Since we live very far from WDW we don't know when we would be able to return (hope it will be soon) so we are going to try to make the most out of our time there, that means no sleeping allowed
Can't believe it's less than 3 months
You are member #244 sorry it took so long to officially welcome you, I just got back from my extended trip to WDW
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #3283
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Now that the trip is over here are a few things I will be bringing up

- How asking for Transportation cards can lead to unexpected Magic

- A great place to eat at DTD, reasonable with huge portions at a good price

- how at least this time of year most nighttime EMH's are not exactly fair to those staying onsite

- the new Magicbands not what they are cracked up to be

- Why when celebrating a birthday or anniversary it is important to wear buttons and let them know you are celebrating when making a ADR

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #3284
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Guess I'll start with day 1 that will also cover why asking for Transportation cards can lead to the unexpected

- our train arrived lat around 11am by the time we got checked in and unpacked it was almost 1:30, so we drove to Epcot since my son wanted to get a couple things in the store in Japan, we did the boat ride in Mexico & Spaceship Earth at 3:30 we had to leave to meet our friends at Pop Century, so we drove over to Pop dropped off some of their extra stuff and we all got in the van and headed to the Poly, we had a 5pm ADR, and they explored the resort and got something to eat, while we were at dinner we meet a family that was from our town turns out they live about 2 miles away, Dinner at Ohana's was great as always my son played the coconut rolling game and was one of the few that were celebrating a Birthday so he thought it was great with the extra attention, after dinner the CM's came over to the table with 3 cupcakes that made up a Mickey head and sang Happy Birthday

After dinner we went to Captain Cooks downstairs for his little surprise Birthday party, there we meet up with 2 DisDads (Barry & Sean), our friends and all the kidsand it was dole whips all around or whatever they wanted, so we sang Happy Birthday and a few minutes later the CM's from Capt Cooks came over with a giant cupcake and sang Happy Bitrhday That was really cool the one CM said they don't get many BD's there and were excited to be a part of it, that was our first dose of pixie dust

Then we drove our friends back to Pop and dropped our van off at our resort, OK so what does this have to do with Tranportation cards nothing yet but it's coming

So now we board a bus to MK since they had EMH's till 2, I ask the bus driver if he had any bus cards and he did, he gave my son all 3 bus cards, when we got off the bus and were heading to the park we stopped at the Boat transport booth and asked if they had any boat cards, they did and my son got another 4 cards, walking up to the gate we see 2 boat Captains standing by the rail and we ask if they have any boat cards, they didn't answer instead they asked us if we were going to see the fireworks that night, I said yes, then they asked us if we would like to see them on the water along with the Electric Water Pagent as part of a Magical Moment, of course we said yes and we got on the boat, we were joined by 2 more families for a total of 11 passengers, during the voyage we were told all kinds of interesting things about WDW, during the fireworks we were between the Pirate Cruise and the Grand One Yacht, at the end of the cruise they gave my son and another boy a bunch of Boat Transportation cards we did notice that only people who came up to them asking a question got the chance to have this Magical Moment So with that don't be afraid to ask for the cards, you never know it may lead to a Magical adventure

That was my 1st unexpected thing that happened while asking about the cards, in the coming days I found the new mystery card and you can only get them in certain locations plus a card I never even knew existed

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #3285
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Wow sounds like you had a very magical first day! Your son must have been so excited

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: