Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #3211
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

So far so good, last semester was 1 A, 2 B+ AND 1 B. So far this semester is just as good if not better. I'm so excited for you commander, you guys are going to have a blast.
__________________
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #3212
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
So far so good, last semester was 1 A, 2 B+ AND 1 B. So far this semester is just as good if not better. I'm so excited for you commander, you guys are going to have a blast.
Good for you, Those are Great grades, Mom must be proud Keep up the Great work
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #3213
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Well I got to sit down with my friend down the street who is arriving at WDW the same day we are and this is our plan,

We should be arriving at All Star Movies around 10:30, we will be taking our car to Epcot, since we will have some of our friend's luggage plus all their DD's princess dresses, they should be arriving somewhere between 2-3pm, when we get the text that they checked in, then drive to Pop and drop the stuff off

Then drive them back to our resort, drop off car, grab some cocktails, and jump on a bus to one of the parks, then catch a bus to The Poly, We have a 5pm ADR for Ohanas, they want to tour the monorail resorts until it is time to meet at 7pm at Captain Cooks for my son's B-Day party, after the party I'll get them onto a bus to DTD (they want to go there, and don't want to use up a day only for the night), and we will head to MK till 1am (EMH)
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #3214
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

I'm glad to see Bob Iger will be staying with Disney till at least June 30, 2016, He is a Great leader for Disney, has done some great things and hopefully still has some Awesome ideas that will come to play
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #3215
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
So far so good, last semester was 1 A, 2 B+ AND 1 B. So far this semester is just as good if not better. I'm so excited for you commander, you guys are going to have a blast.
Excellent grades. Good work.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #3216
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 290

Just a quick update. I've been given a clean bill of health by my doc, with one exception. I've had a diagnosis that I've permanently damaged my Trapezius muscles in my shoulders in the crash. I'm going to have mild chronic pain permanently from this. It's not going to get any better or worse, so it is what it is. Told to take Advil or muscle relaxants if the pain get's bad. But I'm stubborn and am trying to avoid taking meds, unless it get's really sore. The insurance co is having fits over my diagnosis, so the war is on regarding the personal injury claim with them. I've been told I can go on rides, but to be very careful about it, and take muscle relaxants before I go on them. Lot's of fun all around. Am looking forward to my Nov trip!
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #3217
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixrising View Post
Just a quick update. I've been given a clean bill of health by my doc, with one exception. I've had a diagnosis that I've permanently damaged my Trapezius muscles in my shoulders in the crash. I'm going to have mild chronic pain permanently from this. It's not going to get any better or worse, so it is what it is. Told to take Advil or muscle relaxants if the pain get's bad. But I'm stubborn and am trying to avoid taking meds, unless it get's really sore. The insurance co is having fits over my diagnosis, so the war is on regarding the personal injury claim with them. I've been told I can go on rides, but to be very careful about it, and take muscle relaxants before I go on them. Lot's of fun all around. Am looking forward to my Nov trip!
Well now your trip is looking a lot better then it was a couple months ago
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #3218
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 290

I'm having lot's of fun with the insurance agency, and should have an offer from them by the end of the month, then the games really begin. I hope to get the settlement resolved over the next couple of months, as I intend to settle early, as I've heard from friends of ours that have gotten into long drawn out battles with them, and have been told that they wish they had settled early. At least I know where the source of the pain is coming from, so that I can deal with it. I refuse to let the pain control my life, and intend to live life to the fullest, working around my shoulder injuries. We'll see how the insurance games play out over the next couple of months. Either way I'm really looking forward to my DL trip in Nov!
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #3219
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Picked up my Mickey mail from AAA today, inside I found a nice surprise, I knew we were not getting Storytime or the Preferred fireworks viewing since we did not get the full package (DP), but I think we got something even better, inside the packet are 2 vouchers for a 1 day admission for DisneyQuest & 2 vouchers for a round of Mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland

We have never been to any of these so instead of going to Gatorland we will be using these vouchers
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #3220
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixrising View Post
I'm having lot's of fun with the insurance agency, and should have an offer from them by the end of the month, then the games really begin. I hope to get the settlement resolved over the next couple of months, as I intend to settle early, as I've heard from friends of ours that have gotten into long drawn out battles with them, and have been told that they wish they had settled early. At least I know where the source of the pain is coming from, so that I can deal with it. I refuse to let the pain control my life, and intend to live life to the fullest, working around my shoulder injuries. We'll see how the insurance games play out over the next couple of months. Either way I'm really looking forward to my DL trip in Nov!
Glad you know the locatin of the injury and good luck with the settlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Picked up my Mickey mail from AAA today, inside I found a nice surprise, I knew we were not getting Storytime or the Preferred fireworks viewing since we did not get the full package (DP), but I think we got something even better, inside the packet are 2 vouchers for a 1 day admission for DisneyQuest & 2 vouchers for a round of Mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland

We have never been to any of these so instead of going to Gatorland we will be using these vouchers
Congrats. We really enjoyed the Fantasia gardens mini golf. We played the fun side and really enjoyed it. Both dd got a keepsake golf ball, which added to the memories. We stayed at BWV, which made it even better to walk over from there.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #3221
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Doe's anyone have any tips about DisneyQuest, this will be a new one for me Once you are in can you leave during the day and come back later Anything we must see or need to avoid
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #3222
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Doe's anyone have any tips about DisneyQuest, this will be a new one for me Once you are in can you leave during the day and come back later Anything we must see or need to avoid
We went there 13 years ago in our Disneymoon trip. It was included with the trip package at the time. It wasn't that memorable and we haven't been back. Maybe others had a more enjoyable experience and can give you some tips.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #3223
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We went there 13 years ago in our Disneymoon trip. It was included with the trip package at the time. It wasn't that memorable and we haven't been back. Maybe others had a more enjoyable experience and can give you some tips.
From what I've seen so far about it , it looks like a giant arcade with a bunch of virtual reality stuff
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #3224
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!
 
MaMudduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ptbo, Canada
Posts: 2,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post

From what I've seen so far about it , it looks like a giant arcade with a bunch of virtual reality stuff
Yep that's it! And it's really not a big as the map seems. I really like DQ, drawing class like at DHS but on computer tables. Better roller coaster builder than Sum of all thrills". POTC virtual game is fun with your family & so is the Aladdin flying carpets, the only heads up is there is a heavy upsell to buy the "recording/toy story toy created/ drawings etc."
All in all still lots of fun, especial for a free ticket, it's not an thing you could do all day at but they used to be open later at night. Not sure about the in & out thing thought, but my guess is yes, but that only a guess
__________________
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #3225
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,726

Will be departing on a training mission for a few days to prepare for WDW, Busch Gardens Va is always a great way to get in shape before the big trip
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: