Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #3196
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I like the backlot express and hate to see it gone, but like many others, attractions come and go. Don't hear much about avatarland anymore. WDW had added another value resort and another DVC resort, with only fantasyland expansion. It is about time they add on some more at the parks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I have heard that the Poly is getting DVC also they are even supposed to be building some (hut type) villas on the beach
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 06-17-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #3197
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I have heard that the Poly is getting DVC also they are even supposed to be building some (hut type) villas on the beach
That's the rumor. There is no guarantee that those will be for the DVC inventory, but from what I've learned from these boards, Fl timeshare laws require an existing amount of inventory to exist before sales can be made. Which, for example, may be why there are DVC rooms at the Ak Jambo house. I would like to see some form of direct transportation from AKL to AK theme park - walkway, ski lift, zip line.

GF and Poly are expected to sale super fast. And, while I would want to stay at both, I probably won't buy points there as I would just add on more at BLT first thru the resale market.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #3198
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

DW and I just wrapped up a discussion on our touring planning. We both agreed to do a bit more casual touring plan for each park going clockwise around the park and try not to back track too much. We figure going full blown commando would just frustrate the kiddos and make for a less than magical experience. Plus by doing multiple days at MK we can hit things we miss on day 1 later. And we can go full blown commando next time after Star Wars Land is finished. DW even said we could take the kids in early December for that trip.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #3199
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
DW and I just wrapped up a discussion on our touring planning. We both agreed to do a bit more casual touring plan for each park going clockwise around the park and try not to back track too much. We figure going full blown commando would just frustrate the kiddos and make for a less than magical experience. Plus by doing multiple days at MK we can hit things we miss on day 1 later. And we can go full blown commando next time after Star Wars Land is finished. DW even said we could take the kids in early December for that trip.
Clockwise is the way to go, IMO you make better time, as far as you and your wife deciding to take it at a more causal pace , sounds nice but you really don't have much say with twin 4yr olds you are no match, if they want to do something chances are good you will be doing it when they want to, ever go on Jungle Cruise 7 times in one day, just keep a open mind with young kids you never know what you will encounter
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #3200
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Quote:

Clockwise is the way to go, IMO you make better time, as far as you and your wife deciding to take it at a more causal pace , sounds nice but you really don't have much say with twin 4yr olds you are no match, if they want to do something chances are good you will be doing it when they want to, ever go on Jungle Cruise 7 times in one day, just keep a open mind with young kids you never know what you will encounter
I think I go with an it depends on this one.

We've done MK the most of all the parks, so it depends on what we want to do. Also, it depends on whether or not we are doing MK twice or with a MNSSHP in the same week. Going clockwise gets Tomorrowland, with Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter as my must dos. They also can have really long stand by lines. But, to counter my own argument, Astro Orbiter is way more cool at night. Counterclockwise gets you the Jungle Cruise, POTC, and keep on walking to Splash Mountain and BTMRR. Two big rides early in AM with later long lines, but I don't want to get wet from Splash Mountain that early in AM. This strategy was great when one could hoard FPs. If you have a breakfast ADR at CRT, then one might start in Fantasyland. We have done that several times as well, and this will be our first trip to MK with the new expansion, so a new strategy may arise. It is good to have these type of problems to figure out.

With Epcot, it depends on what side of the park you enter, but we usually do Soarin first.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #3201
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I think I go with an it depends on this one.

We've done MK the most of all the parks, so it depends on what we want to do. Also, it depends on whether or not we are doing MK twice or with a MNSSHP in the same week. Going clockwise gets Tomorrowland, with Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter as my must dos. They also can have really long stand by lines. But, to counter my own argument, Astro Orbiter is way more cool at night. Counterclockwise gets you the Jungle Cruise, POTC, and keep on walking to Splash Mountain and BTMRR. Two big rides early in AM with later long lines, but I don't want to get wet from Splash Mountain that early in AM. This strategy was great when one could hoard FPs. If you have a breakfast ADR at CRT, then one might start in Fantasyland. We have done that several times as well, and this will be our first trip to MK with the new expansion, so a new strategy may arise. It is good to have these type of problems to figure out.

With Epcot, it depends on what side of the park you enter, but we usually do Soarin first.

The ole clockwise, counterclock theory also depends on where your starting point is, if you are at the hub that would be 6 o'clock so clockwise would bring you to the Frontier Land side, if you are in Fantasy Land 12 o'clock, then Tomorrow land would be next, once again it would all depend on starting point

You could also go with the left, right or straight theory, but it's pretty much the same thing

I agree with Norm that Splash Mountain is not such a great morning ride

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #3202
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:

The ole clockwise, counterclock theory also depends on where your starting point is, if you are at the hub that would be 6 o'clock so clockwise would bring you to the Frontier Land side, if you are in Fantasy Land 12 o'clock, then Tomorrow land would be next, once again it would all depend on starting point

You could also go with the left, right or straight theory, but it's pretty much the same thing

I agree with Norm that Splash Mountain is not such a great morning ride
Yeah, I got my clockwise and counterclockwise confused. Don't confuse me - left or right is easier.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #3203
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I'm kinda excited about the new root beer slush at Pecos Bill's that you can get in a souvenir boot promoting The Lone Ranger, I'm always looking for something refreshing on a hot summer day

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #3204
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

This year I think we will hit CoP, my son has never been on it (and he likes Spaceship Earth) so we will see, but for some reason that song "This is the time" from CoP has been stuck in my head

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #3205
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
This year I think we will hit CoP, my son has never been on it (and he likes Spaceship Earth) so we will see, but for some reason that song "This is the time" from CoP has been stuck in my head
CoP is a fun attraction, but not one of my must dos. Last year, I wondered why we hadn't been on it in so many years. After we walked in, I remembered - it's the smell. Still, they didn't remember it, so it was fun having them do a "new" ride.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 06-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #3206
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
CoP is a fun attraction, but not one of my must dos. Last year, I wondered why we hadn't been on it in so many years. After we walked in, I remembered - it's the smell. Still, they didn't remember it, so it was fun having them do a "new" ride.
I almost forgot about that musky smell , my son has never been on it, my main reason that we skip it is because everything they talk about is pretty much outdated, Most of us have experienced a lot of the things in CoP, but I wonder if a 8yr old would find it interesting since almost everything is far more advanced now, Guess I'll find out

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #3207
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I almost forgot about that musky smell , my son has never been on it, my main reason that we skip it is because everything they talk about is pretty much outdated, Most of us have experienced a lot of the things in CoP, but I wonder if a 8yr old would find it interesting since almost everything is far more advanced now, Guess I'll find out
Mine were 10 & 8 and they enjoyed it. Now, it wasn't their highlight of the trip, but they did talk about it briefly after we exited it before the next one. I always enjoy the futuristic stuff. I'm hoping for no terminator or matrix futures, but fliying cars should be here in 2 more years (Back to the future).
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #3208
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

We went the other day to see Monster University, during the previews I got excited seeing Planes is being released while we will be at WDW, Why my excitement, since it seems in the past WDW usually does something special for a movie about to be released, I might have some kind of a chance of being a part of it. my luck they will do something the week before, but you never know

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #3209
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hey Commandos, busy with this semester at school and planning for next semester. How is everyone? Hope all is well. I need to go back and read later on to catch up. Still planning this November trip, unfortunately I am unable to start my TR from May though, hopefully I can do it next month. Any new Disney news?
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #3210
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Hey Commandos, busy with this semester at school and planning for next semester. How is everyone? Hope all is well. I need to go back and read later on to catch up. Still planning this November trip, unfortunately I am unable to start my TR from May though, hopefully I can do it next month. Any new Disney news?
Hope your doing well in school, Nothing major lately in Disney news a few rumors, and small things, I have 38 more days hope some good Limited Time Only things are in the works

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: