Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #3151
jmorrisey1204
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Disneyland?

I've heard that rumor too.

I read that somewhere too. I had my skepticism as well. Not only the challenge of getting up and down, but how often. If one person says it, they fall, and get up again. You know someone else is going to say it immediately again. Will they fall again? There would never be any autographs or meets or anything then.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Other half of plane is in jungle cruise
jmorrisey1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #3152
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I'm starting to put my touring plans together for each of the parks. Way back when we went to DL my sister and I went counter clockwise around the park just hitting the headliners like Star Tours, Space Mountain, Materhorn, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, HM, POTC, and Jungle Cruise. Then when we got through Adventure Land we'd head back hitting the lower priority rides and shows. By the time we got back to Tomorrow Land the lines were much shorter and it'd be another lap just hitting headliners. I'm thinking of doing MK and AK the same way. What are your thoughts?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #3153
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post

It's true, but you have to say Bonnie is coming, not Andy. He gave the toys to her in the third movie. It worked with Andy before the third movie came out though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That's right. I'll have to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorrisey1204 View Post

I think I remember them saying something about that plane in their joke telling. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I'm starting to put my touring plans together for each of the parks. Way back when we went to DL my sister and I went counter clockwise around the park just hitting the headliners like Star Tours, Space Mountain, Materhorn, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, HM, POTC, and Jungle Cruise. Then when we got through Adventure Land we'd head back hitting the lower priority rides and shows. By the time we got back to Tomorrow Land the lines were much shorter and it'd be another lap just hitting headliners. I'm thinking of doing MK and AK the same way. What are your thoughts?
Hmmm. I think it depends on what you want to do. The story goes that it is better to start at the back of the park and work your way frontwards, as most people start at the entrance and work their way towards the back.

In MK, we have done went thru the park I think in most all the ways - Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Fantastyland, started from CP and CRT with 8:00 ADR. I usually don't start with Frontierland land, because I like to do Splash Mountain when warmer or close to when park closes. I think we have just alternated in different years. For whatever reason, when we start in Adventureland, we somehow won't get all of Tomorrowland done. And, I don't do CoP anymore because it stinks too bad inside.

In Epcot, I ride SpaceShip Earth towards the end of the day as there usually no crowd at the end of the day. Our usual plan there is to ride Soarin immediately, Soarin FP, then the land, seas, and figment, Soarin,and then over to Test Track and Mission Space. We may jump up to for Mexico or Norway boatride, but we try to save the walk around the WS to later in the evening.

In DHS, we usually do TSM first. Although with the Star Tours, we may head there first. I really liked the new scenes last time. Then, we go around DHS based on show times. I've never figured out how to get every shows/ live events in, so we pick the ones we want and tour in that order.

In AK, I haven't figured out a good one. Kilimanjaro Safaris is essential. So, we go their first and get a FP for it.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #3154
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorrisey1204 View Post
CorrectWe have a winner

Quote:

I think I remember them saying something about that plane in their joke telling. Good to know.
Usually they are just winging it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #3155
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
We do it that way, although I agree with Norm about doing Splash Mountain later in the day or last since you really don't dry out completely, that can be a bit uncomfortable

There is a theory behind this, if there is a choice of Right, Left or Straight - Left is usually the less taken direction, majority of people are right handed and tend to vere right, others will keep going straight, left would be the lesser chosen path, it doesn't stay that way for long, you might have a hour tops before the crowds start to catch up
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #3156
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

We usually head right to do Tomorrow land and then go left and come through the middle of the castle, go eat somewhere and either park hop or eat. We usually do a pre-RD breakfast at CP as well.

I plan AK and DHS around the shows and Epcot I do FP runs, starting with Soarin and just go around counter clockwise. I have not done WS rides, I just go for the food
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #3157
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

I am back Dis,ers. When I have no coming up trips I avoid this place like the plague. We are going in 2014 and I can not wait

think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #3158
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-like-tink View Post
I am back Dis,ers. When I have no coming up trips I avoid this place like the plague. We are going in 2014 and I can not wait
back Congratulations on your upcoming trip

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #3159
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Got some good and unusual news today, my wife told me that our friends down the street are going to WDW, and guess what they are arriving the same day we areMy son will be so surprised, their daughter is my son's best friend and they love to hang out together

They are no strangers to my touring methods we have taken many day trips together, They are all WDW 1st timers, so this is kinda of a unusual pairing a Extreme Commando & 1st timers, but they know the drill, Plan is we will tour from RD till about 12 or 1, then they said they would rest till after dinner and meet back up for the evening till closing, on days that we are going to non Disney parks they will rest up and do some touring of their own

Not sure what to expect, I'm sure I can make it a positive rememberable experience and cover all that needs to be covered, plus I work cheap (for cocktails) OK maybe not that cheap

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 05-20-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #3160
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

Well, It is a small world after all.....
I would be afraid I'd get stuck with my sons BFF if that happened to us.

think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3161
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-like-tink View Post
Well, It is a small world after all.....
I would be afraid I'd get stuck with my sons BFF if that happened to us.
That would not bother me, it would make our group a even number, the only thing I'm worried about is being on time when we meet up, I'm not one to wait around, I give a small window after that we move on and then you would have to catch up to us, somewhere in the park

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #3162
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Got some good and unusual news today, my wife told me that our friends down the street are going to WDW, and guess what they are arriving the same day we areMy son will be so surprised, their daughter is my son's best friend and they love to hang out together

They are no strangers to my touring methods we have taken many day trips together, They are all WDW 1st timers, so this is kinda of a unusual pairing a Extreme Commando & 1st timers, but they know the drill, Plan is we will tour from RD till about 12 or 1, then they said they would rest till after dinner and meet back up for the evening till closing, on days that we are going to non Disney parks they will rest up and do some touring of their own

Not sure what to expect, I'm sure I can make it a positive rememberable experience and cover all that needs to be covered, plus I work cheap (for cocktails) OK maybe not that cheap
That will be fun. Just how good of friends are your son and their daughter? My oldest just graduated 5th grade. There were some girls and boys who are boyfriend/ girlfriend crazy. Thankfully, mine is aware of boys but not as much as the others.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #3163
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
That will be fun. Just how good of friends are your son and their daughter? My oldest just graduated 5th grade. There were some girls and boys who are boyfriend/ girlfriend crazy. Thankfully, mine is aware of boys but not as much as the others.

They play almost everyday, I'm not too worried about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing since he will turn 8 on arrival day and she turns 6 in July, I think I have at least a couple more years before I need to worry about this

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #3164
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
They play almost everyday, I'm not too worried about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing since he will turn 8 on arrival day and she turns 6 in July, I think I have at least a couple more years before I need to worry about this

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #3165
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:

I thought your DS was older. Yeah, I think you are ok on not worrying ..... for now.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: