Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #3076
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Just realized we broke the double digits, 97 more days
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #3077
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1 View Post
Currently planning for October 2014. Yes, I know that is 18 months from now, hence the commando thing. My last WDW trip was in November of 2011. Last year I went to DLR and CA (also US Hollywood). Maximizing my time for each park day saves money. I can see and do everything I want without purchasing another day in the park.
It's never too soon to plan a trip to WDW Keep us posted on all the plans.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #3078
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Ok Commander, I need your help, I plan on going to MVMCP for the first time this year. I need a few tips. I want to go on the first night 11/8 as that is our arrival day and I plan on getting an early flight. I had originally planned on going to Boma for dinner, but it does not open until 5 and we are already going to Jiko and Sanaa later on the vacation. I wanted to know if you thought this was a good idea as I really really want to go to Boma for dinner? Also, does the first night usually sell out within the first month? How would you tour? Bearing in mind I do want to see the fireworks but do not necessarily need to see the characters, maybe a few, idk. Also, I will be doing the dessert party but was saving it the last night, but do you think, due to crowds, that I should book it for the first night as well? Any other tips you have, or anyone else, are welcomed TIA
Commando Member #216

Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #3079
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Ok Commander, I need your help, I plan on going to MVMCP for the first time this year. I need a few tips. I want to go on the first night 11/8 as that is our arrival day and I plan on getting an early flight. I had originally planned on going to Boma for dinner, but it does not open until 5 and we are already going to Jiko and Sanaa later on the vacation. I wanted to know if you thought this was a good idea as I really really want to go to Boma for dinner? Also, does the first night usually sell out within the first month? How would you tour? Bearing in mind I do want to see the fireworks but do not necessarily need to see the characters, maybe a few, idk. Also, I will be doing the dessert party but was saving it the last night, but do you think, due to crowds, that I should book it for the first night as well? Any other tips you have, or anyone else, are welcomed TIA
I know the 1st night MVMCP sold out last year but I don't know how fast they sold

I would not recommend dinner at Bomas if you are going to MVMCP afterwards,IMO you will run into a time issue and run into a massive crowd, when we did MVMCP last year MK was very hectic from 6-about 7:30 with people leaving the park, I would suggest to be at MK no later then 6 and dig in deep, maybe get in a line for a M&G that will be a popular one and be a step ahead of the crowd, If you can get a late lunch at one of the resorts on the Monorail line or somewhere in MK, or if you are doing a park earlier that day

I'm not positive but I don't think they do the Dessert party during MVMCP nights

One thing I wouldn't do is get on line for cookies and hot chocolate (they are not that good) plus you waste valuable time in line

Other then that it's all up to your preference, but remember you are spending extra money for that 5hrs, all the rides will still be there the next day, but the special M&G's, shows etc, will only be there on a MVMCP night, it would be wise to see as many of them as you can, otherwise it would be like throwing money away
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 04-29-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #3080
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks ok I will switch something around. Since it is our free day and not in addition to our park ticket days, I'm ok with using the extra time to ride in MK. I do want to see the parades, fireworks and a few characters so I will make that priority!
Commando Member #216

Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #3081
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
So, DW and I have been to all the WDW signatures (except V&A) and Jiko is in our top 3. It has such a relaxing atmosphere, exceptional service, and excellent food. Boma was a great buffet - all the different flavors and sights. Sanaa was good, but similar to other Indian meals, which is just not my favorite cuisine. Point being - you have three meals over at AKL which is a lot of transportation time. I try to minimize transportation on my park days - no hoppers and eat in the resort.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #3082
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

The Limited Time Only event for this week on May 4th looks like the coolest one so far, Star wars day

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #3083
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
So, DW and I have been to all the WDW signatures (except V&A) and Jiko is in our top 3. It has such a relaxing atmosphere, exceptional service, and excellent food. Boma was a great buffet - all the different flavors and sights. Sanaa was good, but similar to other Indian meals, which is just not my favorite cuisine. Point being - you have three meals over at AKL which is a lot of transportation time. I try to minimize transportation on my park days - no hoppers and eat in the resort.
I don't think it's a lot based on the plans. Did you check out my PTR? The dinner at Jiko is apart of a Safari we are taking, as is Lunch at Sanaa, which is also on a free day. We plan on staying at AK Jambo house so breakfast and dinner at Boma was going to be easy, until I decided to add MVMCP that is I do park hop, but I like my meals to be in the same area as you do. I was originally having dinner at Boma later before we went to bed/ stayed at the resort for the night, but now I rather use that free time to hit the party instead of taking time away on a park day. We never go to parks on our arrival/departure days, idk, just the way we always did it.
Commando Member #216

Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #3084
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

It's looking more and more like my upcoming trip to DL in Nov will determine if we head to WDW in 2015. Am having ongoing problems with my shoulders/neck, thanks to the accident in Jan. The insurance co (ICBC) has agreed to pay for some alternative treatment for me called Active Therapy, as the Physio is no longer working for me. They have approved the treatment (at no cost), but still have to get doc approval, which I should have next week to start it. I have no idea how my back is going to react to flying, and am very nervous about flying since the accident. But if you don't at least try, how can you know?? This trip is going to answer alot of questions in how much abuse my back can take post accident. So we'll see how it goes. Am so bored, I'm so ahead of the game that it's disgusting for this trip. Gotta get healed up and do the things I've been wanting to do since before the accident. Have a great day everyone!

Trish
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #3085
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

I don't think it's a lot based on the plans. Did you check out my PTR? The dinner at Jiko is apart of a Safari we are taking, as is Lunch at Sanaa, which is also on a free day. We plan on staying at AK Jambo house so breakfast and dinner at Boma was going to be easy, until I decided to add MVMCP that is I do park hop, but I like my meals to be in the same area as you do. I was originally having dinner at Boma later before we went to bed/ stayed at the resort for the night, but now I rather use that free time to hit the party instead of taking time away on a park day. We never go to parks on our arrival/departure days, idk, just the way we always did it.
Must have missed the PTR, sorry. The safari sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to do that. We stopped doing parks on our arrival and departure day as well. Time to enjoy the pool, maybe some shopping, and a nice meal. I think that bus ride from AKL to MK took forever, but that is just because I am so anxious to get there. If you moved Boma up earlier, then that should work. We haven't been in Nov/Dec yet, but when we do MNSSHP, we don't do a park ticket and just get in for the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixrising View Post
It's looking more and more like my upcoming trip to DL in Nov will determine if we head to WDW in 2015. Am having ongoing problems with my shoulders/neck, thanks to the accident in Jan. The insurance co (ICBC) has agreed to pay for some alternative treatment for me called Active Therapy, as the Physio is no longer working for me. They have approved the treatment (at no cost), but still have to get doc approval, which I should have next week to start it. I have no idea how my back is going to react to flying, and am very nervous about flying since the accident. But if you don't at least try, how can you know?? This trip is going to answer alot of questions in how much abuse my back can take post accident. So we'll see how it goes. Am so bored, I'm so ahead of the game that it's disgusting for this trip. Gotta get healed up and do the things I've been wanting to do since before the accident. Have a great day everyone!

Trish
Sorry to hear that you are hurting and prayers for your recovery.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #3086
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

The recovery is dragging on for TOOOO long for my liking. Was told 3 to 6 months, and now it's pushing to 4 months without much progress beyond 75% the past 3 weeks. My biggest problems is that I can't sit or stand for more than 30 mins without my neck and shoulders seizing up on me. I'm not supposed to bend over for any length of time, and lifting over 10lbs blows out my back. Talk about frustrating. We were at a union related event on Sunday, and after standing for an hour, it took a min for my back to unseize enough to re tie a shoe lace on my sneakers. I don't want to have these issues become chronic, so am working with the insurance co in an attempt to avoid this. Have been inactive for too long, and am wanting to resume normal activities, but can't because I'm not fully recovered from the accident. And have been advised not to by my Physiotherapist (grumble!!!!). Such is life in recovery. If I can get back to 80% of where I was before the crash I'm happy. But it's getting there that's the problem right now. Such is life, but am trying to keep a positive attitude over the whole mess. Just hope that this next therapy for the neck and shoulders finishes what the physiotherapy started.
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #3087
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Must have missed the PTR, sorry. The safari sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to do that. We stopped doing parks on our arrival and departure day as well. Time to enjoy the pool, maybe some shopping, and a nice meal. I think that bus ride from AKL to MK took forever, but that is just because I am so anxious to get there. If you moved Boma up earlier, then that should work. We haven't been in Nov/Dec yet, but when we do MNSSHP, we don't do a park ticket and just get in for the party.

Sorry to hear that you are hurting and prayers for your recovery.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you, I appreciate my commandos helping me navigate these Disney planning waters Those extra half days make a difference in relaxing (relative to Disney that is) as well as your pocket book (for those without annual passes).

Phoenix I truly hope you feel better and traveling will work out for you!
Commando Member #216

Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #3088
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Great thread. Cannot believe it took me this long to find it. I am a desperate commando married to a man whose idea of a vacation is to relax in a hotel room. It gets hard at times to get everything I want done. I usually fight his urge for a mid day break or to hop parks wasting valuable time in the middle of a park day. That is why I refused to buy hoppers on our last trip or the upcoming one though. Sometimes I have to give in. A couple of trips ago, I was forced back to the room after breakfast at Chef Mickey's and not allowed to go back to the park until lunch at CRT. I guess a true commando would have just gone to the MK solo. Anyway, I am happy to be here.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #3089
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Great thread. Cannot believe it took me this long to find it. I am a desperate commando married to a man whose idea of a vacation is to relax in a hotel room. It gets hard at times to get everything I want done. I usually fight his urge for a mid day break or to hop parks wasting valuable time in the middle of a park day. That is why I refused to buy hoppers on our last trip or the upcoming one though. Sometimes I have to give in. A couple of trips ago, I was forced back to the room after breakfast at Chef Mickey's and not allowed to go back to the park until lunch at CRT. I guess a true commando would have just gone to the MK solo. Anyway, I am happy to be here.
You are member #234 Was just getting a chuckle reading one of your TR's that your husband likes to be referred to as CB, I'm big on the park hoppers, but I certainly understand that there could be a problem in your case that you might not make it to the next park in a decent time (someone might want to go back to the resort), you have done the wise choice. You got to fill everyone in on why he likes to be referred to as CB

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #3090
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

We have a couple Commandos at WDW now, and I know of one who is packing at this moment ready to go, I can't wait to hear some reports

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: