Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #3046
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hey guys
I need some help. Thursday May 9, I have AK and MK planned. Originally I was going to have an early dinner at BOG and then the Wishes Desert Party, but BOG didn't work out. So now we will just play lunch/ dinner by ear. Anywho, other than brunch on Mother's day we have no breakfast planned and I really want my mom to experience Boma's. It s vacation though and I don't want to make my mom get up too super early, but Thursday is my best chance to do it If we got to AK at 9:30 oe even 10 instead of 9 RD, would we miss to much time? I'm thinking of a 8 or 8:20 breakfast, which we would have to get to from the Swan by either a Epcot bus or a taxi. What do you all think? Breakfast ends at 11 but I don't think 1.5 hours is enough tour time nor would I want to go back and forth between the park and AKL, but maybe I am looking at things wrong.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #3047
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Hey guys
I need some help. Thursday May 9, I have AK and MK planned. Originally I was going to have an early dinner at BOG and then the Wishes Desert Party, but BOG didn't work out. So now we will just play lunch/ dinner by ear. Anywho, other than brunch on Mother's day we have no breakfast planned and I really want my mom to experience Boma's. It s vacation though and I don't want to make my mom get up too super early, but Thursday is my best chance to do it If we got to AK at 9:30 oe even 10 instead of 9 RD, would we miss to much time? I'm thinking of a 8 or 8:20 breakfast, which we would have to get to from the Swan by either a Epcot bus or a taxi. What do you all think? Breakfast ends at 11 but I don't think 1.5 hours is enough tour time nor would I want to go back and forth between the park and AKL, but maybe I am looking at things wrong.
That's a tough call, I'm not a big breakfast person, we usually only go to one during our trip, mostly just grab something quick while getting ready at the resort

We do like to hit the safari at AK 1st thing in the A.M., we have found that most of the animals especially the Lions are up and about (they haven't found hiding spots yet)

I've never done Boma for breakfast, so I can't say what it's like there at that time with the animals

Since BOG didn't work out, maybe a noon lunch at Boma's, this way you get to beat lines at AK, Eat at Boma's tour the resort and not be rushed eating
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #3048
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Since BOG didn't work out, maybe a noon lunch at Boma's, this way you get to beat lines at AK, Eat at Boma's tour the resort and not be rushed eating
That would have been perfect except Boma's is not open for lunch. It all may be for the best though. It seems I will not be able to get the PAP as I had anticipated this trip, and that means no TIW card I'm just not financially able to in time, so I will have to hold on to my UT ticket and upgrade later. This way atleast I should still be able to go, so no worries
Commando Member #216

Old 04-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #3049
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Hey guys
Are you set on Boma? The problem with AK is that it closes earlier, so you will miss some touring time. If you're not set on Boma, you could try for a Tusker House ADR, and then be right inside the park. The Tusker House breakfast is good, but doesn't have all the Boma favors.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #3050
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I was pretty set on Boma, but I just decided not to do it at all.
Commando Member #216

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #3051
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Yeah, I was pretty set on Boma, but I just decided not to do it at all.
I always scare Ron when I mention this, but do you have a non-park day planned? We only do parks every other day, and I can work in dining, shopping, pool/resort time, etc. If you add in that day (which is dropping a day of tickets), you could have plenty of time to eat at Boma and then enjoy AKL, some animal watching, or whatever else that have going on.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #3052
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I always scare Ron when I mention this, but do you have a non-park day planned? We only do parks every other day, and I can work in dining, shopping, pool/resort time, etc. If you add in that day (which is dropping a day of tickets), you could have plenty of time to eat at Boma and then enjoy AKL, some animal watching, or whatever else that have going on.
Awww, thanks for trying, but since this is a conference, were unable to make ticket changes and we only have 3 days, 2 for WDW and 1 to do both Universal parks. We will miss it and I will go on my trip and perhaps convince my mom to do a Christmas trip where I can take her then. Thanks for helping though, I like a person who tries to make it happen.
I think I am set on how this first trip is going to go as far as plans. . .
I want to take my mom to Olivia's for their key lime dessert as she loves a really good key lime pie. I then think we will go to the beach at the Poly and watch Wishes and the Water parade. The next day is AK/MK so we will probably grab something from Boardwalk Bakery and then hit the parks. There should be enough time to nap or go to F&G between the parks. I figure we will snack, F&G and split the chicken dinner at Cosmic Rays before the dessert party. The next day we have a very late start so we will go to Epcot for a few rides, not too many, probably just Soarin', Captain EO, Figment, Spaceship Earth and maybe Test Track. After that I want to get to DHS no later than 1:15 in order to see Indiana Jones before our Fantasmic! dinner at Mama Melrose. So yeah, were good to go
How goes everyone else's plans?
Commando Member #216

Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #3053
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
This is actually a really good idea for your next trip (it's in Nov right ) since you have a lot of activities planned that don't involve a park, if you can group most of them into one day it will free up some running around on park days, and during that time of year there is tons of stuff going on in the parks
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #3054
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Got all of my ADRs done for our trip.

Tuesday: CRT 10am
Wednesday: Teppan Edo 3:20
Saturday: 7:10 anniversary dinner. Location is classified
Monday: Hollywood 7 Vine at 1:45

We're still going back and forth on when to do Chef Mickey's. I'm tempted to book it for 3pm the day we do MNSSHP.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #3055
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Awww, thanks for trying, but since this is a conference, were unable to make ticket changes and we only have 3 days, 2 for WDW and 1 to do both Universal parks. We will miss it and I will go on my trip and perhaps convince my mom to do a Christmas trip where I can take her then. Thanks for helping though, I like a person who tries to make it happen.
?
Glad to offer my 2 cents. We are doing Olivia's for breakfast. It is a great restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Got all of my ADRs done for our trip.

Tuesday: CRT 10am
Wednesday: Teppan Edo 3:20
Saturday: 7:10 anniversary dinner. Location is classified
Monday: Hollywood 7 Vine at 1:45

We're still going back and forth on when to do Chef Mickey's. I'm tempted to book it for 3pm the day we do MNSSHP.
It is a short walk over from CR and you can get in at 4. Will you have then wear costumes to CM? They may get some extra attention, but I am not wild about food there for lunch or dinner. We are doing BoG at the start of MNSSHP, which I would have preferred at an earlier time. I want to do V&A's for dinner without dds. But, my palette is probably better suited for ESPN club.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #3056
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
Glad to offer my 2 cents. We are doing Olivia's for breakfast. It is a great restaurant.

It is a short walk over from CR and you can get in at 4. Will you have then wear costumes to CM? They may get some extra attention, but I am not wild about food there for lunch or dinner. We are doing BoG at the start of MNSSHP, which I would have preferred at an earlier time. I want to do V&A's for dinner without dds. But, my palette is probably better suited for ESPN club.
Now you've got me second guessing.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #3057
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Now you've got me second guessing.
Didn't mean to cause a problem. What are you second guessing? CM or secret anniversary restaurant?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #3058
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
Didn't mean to cause a problem. What are you second guessing? CM or secret anniversary restaurant?
Taking out CM and putting in BoG. But BoG is booked solid that night.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #3059
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:

Taking out CM and putting in BoG. But BoG is booked solid that night.
I called right when it opened, because 180+10 didn't work on Internet, and I could only get 6:50. There may still be a chance. Once, we got CRT for breakfast 2 days out while we were at a McDonald's eating breakfast on the drive down there. Good luck. I just cannot recommend lunch/dinner food at CM, but at least it won't be dark and you'll be a short walk over when done to get into MNSSHP.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #3060
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Finally something exciting in the news, The Monsterail, The teal monorail has been wrapped as the Monster University monorail, This is pretty cool I hope it still there in August

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: