Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #3001
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hey Ron, here are some pictures Jodi and I took the week Carsland opened.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #3002
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Something doesn't sound right there, why would lunch be available and not dinner, if they were doing a refurb I would think nothing all day would be available, I would call them to see what the deal is, it could be some kind of glitch or something
:
No glitch. I can book dinners on both sides. I called to verify, but yes, that one day is all booked up. Guessing that there is a special event planned. I went ahead and booked something for Wednesday as well. I think the better plan will be to miss ESPN club and go to Fulton's instead.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #3003
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I want to see me in Disneyland. Will you make that happen?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I can take a picture of you and hold it up in front of the castle?
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #3004
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
I can take a picture of you and hold it up in front of the castle?
I think Ron was thinking about photoshopping me into a DL picture. I'll get out there eventually. I'm thinking 2020, for our 20th wedding anniversary.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #3005
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Awesome pics Randall!
I was in DL in 2011 and Carsland was just being built. On the huge ferries wheel I could see "Radiator Springs" I was so disappointed that it wasn't open then but that just gives me another trip to plan to get back there!
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #3006
DisneyFamily7
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Welcome. Any commando planning secrets you have that you are willing to share?
I don't know that I have any secrets . I learn a lot from the boards here I almost always make rope drop. We do not go back to the resort and rest. My little guy can nap in his stroller, and the rest of us don't need the rest. I feel like planning is half the fun. I make plans down to the hour for park days. I study park hours, show schedules, character schedules, get our ADRs and then spend hours planning the best order to do things in to:

See and Do as much as possible. (We like to ride almost everything, see as many characters as possible and see the shows and parades.)

Enjoy our favorite restaurants.

Wait as little as possible.

Avoid too much backtracking and criss-crossing.

Avoid the hottest shows and rides in the heat of the day.

So, as you all know, this takes a ton of planning, (which I LOVE). I don't follow any traditional touring plans, I just make up my own and I can adjust pretty well on the fly to soak up Disney magic when it comes our way

I am not a big park-hopper person. I have done that on previous trips, but I feel like it sucks up so much time in travel, so for this trip in the middle of summer, we will have a WPFAM ticket, and stay in each park from rope drop to close. We are going for two weeks, and will be spending 8 days in the major parks, so our "down" time in between big park days will be four water park days, one resort day, one downtown Disney/Disney Quest day. On the water park days we will still do rope drop till close, but those days are our chance to relax

What are your best secrets?
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Disneyland 1987, Disneyland 1995, WDW 1996, WDW 1997 (All Star Music),Disneyland 1997 (Disneyland Hotel),WDW 1999 (All Star Movies), WDW 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), WDW 2003 (Fort Wilderness), Disney Cruise 2005 (Disney Magic)/WDW 2005 (All Star Sports), Disneyland 2007 (Disneyland Hotel),WDW 2013 (Pop) Next trip: June 2014 Disneyland
DisneyFamily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #3007
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily7 View Post
I don't know that I have any secrets . I learn a lot from the boards here I almost always make rope drop. We do not go back to the resort and rest. My little guy can nap in his stroller, and the rest of us don't need the rest. I feel like planning is half the fun. I make plans down to the hour for park days. I study park hours, show schedules, character schedules, get our ADRs and then spend hours planning the best order to do things in to:

See and Do as much as possible. (We like to ride almost everything, see as many characters as possible and see the shows and parades.)

So, as you all know, this takes a ton of planning, (which I LOVE). I don't follow any traditional touring plans, I just make up my own and I can adjust pretty well on the fly to soak up Disney magic when it comes our way

I am not a big park-hopper person. I have done that on previous trips, but I feel like it sucks up so much time in travel, so for this trip in the middle of summer, we will have a WPFAM ticket, and stay in each park from rope drop to close. We are going for two weeks, and will be spending 8 days in the major parks, so our "down" time in between big park days will be four water park days, one resort day, one downtown Disney/Disney Quest day. On the water park days we will still do rope drop till close, but those days are our chance to relax

What are your best secrets?
I like your outlook

My approach is similar but we do Park Hop (it's not for everyone) but I have found that it works well if done a certain way, yes it does take some travel time to do, what we do is hit a park at RD then dig deep into that park, knocking off as much as we can before the crowds get to where we are, usually around 11 or 12 the crowds start be on the same playing field, this is when we hit line rides or shows (rides or shows that let in a big crowd at one time) then around 3 we start to head towards our ADR for the day ( I try to pick something in a resort, since you don't feel rushed and are usually better quality restaurants, unless it's in the WS (those are about the only restaurants we eat in at the parks), I always try to get the 1st seating (usually at 5pm), then after dinner we will hit a totally different park (usually the one that has the EMH's) but it's almost like another day since everything will seem fresh, instead of passing or doing the same things over and over again Park Hopping also gives me opportunity to do one of my favorite activities, collecting Transportation Cards
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 04-12-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #3008
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Great pics Randall, Carsland looks pretty big, what would you compare the size of it to in something at WDW
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #3009
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I think Ron was thinking about photoshopping me into a DL picture. I'll get out there eventually. I'm thinking 2020, for our 20th wedding anniversary.
I'm hoping we get out there for a long weekend in a few years during a spring break.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #3010
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Great pics Randall, Carsland looks pretty big, what would you compare the size of it to in something at WDW
I think you can compare it to any of the lands in MK.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #3011
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily7 View Post
. I study park hours, show schedules, character schedules, get our ADRs and then spend hours planning the best order to do things in to:

?
You have some good ones. As we are DVC, we do a trip once a year. So, we only do the parks every other day, with those off days at the resort spent swimming, playing games, a nice meal, DTD shopping, or some other fun. On our park days, we start at RD and go to close. We also like the 8:00 AM ADR so we can get in the park before it opens and ahead of the RD crowd. Last year, we did Epcot from 8:00 AM (Akershus breakfast ADR) to 11:00 PM EMH. What a day. Like you, we try not to wait for rides and double back thru the park. I think DHS is the most difficult with all the different show times, but it takes planning.

I am definitely not a hopper fan and agree that we lose too much time in exiting the park, riding transportation, re-entering the next park, etc. We don't do water parks as we have Holiday World/Splashing Safari less than an hour away, and they rank even with the Disney water parks.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #3012
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Has anyone seen Pete's silly side show, I've never heard of it so I'm thinking it's something new, Is Pete there, is it worth seeing and where is it at, If it's around in August I'll have to go see it at least to check it out, it would be pretty neat if Pete is there

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #3013
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I was just checking park hours for when we are going to be at WDW, and I found a discrepancy The Disboards and Walt Disney World Resort site are showing different close times with the EMH's, I would say the Resort site would be the correct times, so it looks like I gained at least 3 hours of touring time

Be sure to check both sites for the operating hours

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #3014
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Does anyone know how far in advance I can make reservations for BBB?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #3015
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Harmony Barbershop starts taking them 180 days out, I would think BBB would be the same

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: