Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #2896
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixrising View Post
BELLEDOZER is no more,
her broken name riddled with Cyberbullets
laying on the floor

A victim of a vicious attack
a victim of a Cyber attack

Her email hacked and raided
trails of chaos everywhere

As I rise from the ashes
with a new user name

Can I still come and play??

This is Trish as you can tell
Having one H****ll of a year so far

And lastly still can I keep my Commando #
or Will I have to get a new one??

Trish
Sorry to hear that Trish you just can't catch a break. I listed your new user name with your number with a FKA (formerly known as) wow now your like Prince Even if one day we had a million members you would always carry your number, As MaMudduck suggested I will give you a question that you will know the answer to, but just for fun If you were going to get a haircut at Harmony Barbershop what would be the best time and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
Sorry that this happened to you Trish, maybe when it all over you can let us know how it happened & how we can avoid it happening to us.

- Commander-make sure you give her the "Commando test" to verify her commando rank & serial number -just kidding!

So my little "adoptive" grandson was born today! Emerson Mark David Walker, the Mark David is after my husband, his first trip to WDW will be in Dec/13. - (with Mom,Dad,DSis(6) DSis (5) Dbro (3) & the Mudducks) so I'm off to get a new ticker since he's here now!
Congratulations You got some big planning ahead of you with all those little ones, but that's why you do it for them
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #2897
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

My sad tale of woe started on Sat when I received a Delivery Status Failure, you know the notice you get when a email fails to deliver your email. It looked "official" and everything looked right so I opened it. It was after I opened it that I smelled a rat so to speak and deleted it a couple of mins after opening the offending file. By that time it was too late. I'm extremely cautious about what I open in my email accounts, especially after my cc got skimmed in Jan. On Sunday after returning home from a meeting, I got a email from Amazon stating that another person had transferred all their personal info into my account and ordered a book on my email address. The address it was transferred from was not mine, and it was a person in CA that was attacking me. I was able to get the number for Amazon and gave them H@LL over what happened and they suspended the fraudsters book order. I contacted the police and since no money was involved they gave me some really good advice. I had to create a new email account, and was partially locked out of my old account by the hackers. I had to contact all our friends and warn them about the Cyberattack. I'm going to do this in 2 parts so it doesn't time out on me.
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #2898
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

I had to attempt to change my email account in all the various websites and things online that I belong to. I had to contact my airline and hotel to change my email address and warn them of the Cyber attack. I had to then contact all the websites I have my personal info with that I couldn't change the email manually with myself. My CC wants to lock down the account AGAIN and issue me with a new card, the second one in 3 months. We reached a compromise on this issue. I'm going out on Weds to pick up DS8's birthday gifts, then on Saturday will lock down the CC again and have them reissue me a new card with a new card number. I have to change my CC number with the hotel, but when I have the new number will contact them direct to change the CC # with them. It's realistically going to take another 3 to 4 weeks to get this all sorted out, but it's about 90% completed at this point.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #2899
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

I tried to get a hold of GOOGLE to attempt to delete the compromised email account. What an exercise in frustration that was. Was told at one point that it was going to cost me $100 for them to delete the account, so I told them to take a flying leap off the nearest cliff. I did find that I had partial control of my email account, and found a way to delete the email account myself. This royally scr@@@ws up the fraudsters, as they used my email account to buy the book on Amazon, and now they don't have an account anymore. Score one for me. I spent 6 hrs on Sunday and 2 1/2 hrs yesterday trying to repair the damage that the hackers did. I have no idea if my webshots account is even there anymore as they managed to hack into that. I contacted them but have yet to receive a response. It may be easier just to set up an new Webshots account under the new email account if they don't get back to me. I didn't have many pics in there anyway, other than some Halloween ones. It's something I'm going to have to look into later today. What a right royal pain. They tried to hack into my Best Western Rewards card as I was on the phone to them, so they've put fraud alerts up. Just as bad as ID theft.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #2900
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

So I tell my tale of Cyberhacking, so that others are aware of what can happen if you let your guard down for one split second when it comes to online and personal info security. I'm extremely cautious, and I still managed to get hit 2 times in the last 3 months, one with a CC being skimmed, now this Cyberattack by hackers. Just be very cautious out there, and don't open any file that you suspect might be suspicious. My CC has blocked all online purchases as a precaution until I give them permission to lock down the account and reissue me a new card with a new number. What a royal mess. I felt the new user name for me was appropriate as with all the stuff I'm going with this year, it feels like a fresh start and new beginnings.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #2901
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

I'm healing but it's going to take another couple of months before I'm fully recovered. DS10 started physio today with me, so he's going to start the healing process from the crash. He really enjoyed the water walking (although I had to constantly remind him it's water walking, not water running ). Have a great day everyone!!

Trish
Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #2902
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
So I tell my tale of Cyberhacking, so that others are aware of what can happen if you let your guard down for one split second when it comes to online and personal info security. I'm extremely cautious, and I still managed to get hit 2 times in the last 3 months, one with a CC being skimmed, now this Cyberattack by hackers. Just be very cautious out there, and don't open any file that you suspect might be suspicious. My CC has blocked all online purchases as a precaution until I give them permission to lock down the account and reissue me a new card with a new number. What a royal mess. I felt the new user name for me was appropriate as with all the stuff I'm going with this year, it feels like a fresh start and new beginnings.
I am so sorry to hear you got hijacked. I know it is a lot of work to get all of it cleared up. Hang in there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #2903
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

Well I've lost control of my Webshots account and the hacker has gained full access to it. I'm completely locked out of it, which royally ticks me off. I guess it was their parting shot after I closed my email account. I've tried at least 3 times over the past couple of days for Webshots to do something about it, and they've done nothing. I didn't have more than 20 pics in there, as I didn't feel comfortable with posting pics online. So does anyone know of a safe place to put my pics online??? Open to suggestions at the moment. I've emailed them to close the account, but since they did nothing about the getting hacked issue, I doubt they'll do anything about it. If they don't I'm going to have to attempt to find a phone number for them and give them a piece of my mind over this.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #2904
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Well I've lost control of my Webshots account and the hacker has gained full access to it. I'm completely locked out of it, which royally ticks me off. I guess it was their parting shot after I closed my email account. I've tried at least 3 times over the past couple of days for Webshots to do something about it, and they've done nothing. I didn't have more than 20 pics in there, as I didn't feel comfortable with posting pics online. So does anyone know of a safe place to put my pics online??? Open to suggestions at the moment. I've emailed them to close the account, but since they did nothing about the getting hacked issue, I doubt they'll do anything about it. If they don't I'm going to have to attempt to find a phone number for them and give them a piece of my mind over this.
I use photobucket for my photos, but they are just connected to an email account as well. I think you might be able to have a secondary email account with them so you can retrieve your pictures if something happened to the other one.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #2905
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info Norm, I'll look into it. I think when I closed the hacked email account, it locked both me and the hacker out of the Webshots account (at least I hope so). Without a valid email attached to the account I think it automatically locked down on it's own. If that's the case I hope that the hacker can't get access either. If this indeed the case, while it bites that I've been locked out of my pics, I take comfort in the fact that they can't get access either. I'm in no rush to open another online photo account, but I know that I'm going to have to in the coming months. I promised the person that runs the DL Christmas thread a trip report heavily loaded with pics from Knotts Berry Farm, and I intend to honor that promise. To do so I'm going to have to open another online pics account sometime before my trip.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #2906
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thanks for the info Norm, I'll look into it. I think when I closed the hacked email account, it locked both me and the hacker out of the Webshots account (at least I hope so). Without a valid email attached to the account I think it automatically locked down on it's own. If that's the case I hope that the hacker can't get access either. If this indeed the case, while it bites that I've been locked out of my pics, I take comfort in the fact that they can't get access either. I'm in no rush to open another online photo account, but I know that I'm going to have to in the coming months. I promised the person that runs the DL Christmas thread a trip report heavily loaded with pics from Knotts Berry Farm, and I intend to honor that promise. To do so I'm going to have to open another online pics account sometime before my trip.
I hope you can retrieve all your pics, I must say after all the stuff that has happened you always pick yourself up quickly and try to resolve the situation, this is true Commando attitude
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #2907
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Looking ahead a couple years, finally in 2015 both my son and wife should be off from school at the same time for Easter vacation, I've always wanted to go at that time so this could be my chance

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 03-12-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #2908
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

The pics that I uploaded into Webshots are gone, as is the account. They finally got a hold of me telling me to change the password. After a couple of attempts I gave up and emailed them to close the account. So I'm on the hunt for another place to upload my pics into. I will admit that I did a rare thing when I discovered the Cyberhacking, I did panic briefly, then set to work on locking everything down online. When you've been through ID theft a couple of times, you get to know what steps to take to resolve it. And Cyberhacking the steps are the same in that you put alerts up everywhere, then lock down as much stuff, change email addresses etc to avoid any further raids. The Easter 2015 trip sounds like alot of fun, especially since you've been wanting to go during that time. Have a great day!!

Trish
Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #2909
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Looking ahead a couple years, finally in 2015 both my son and wife should be off from school at the same time for Easter vacation, I've always wanted to go at that time so this could be my chance
Cool! Should be a fun time to go there! And it will probably be during Epcot's Flower & Garden festival which seems really beautiful!

Except for Christmas and Halloween, I have never seen any other festivals/holidays in WDW! And my october trip in 2000 didn't even coincide with the Food & Wine festival (at least I didn't remember any booths besides those of the Millenium Village as part of the millenium celebration).

I need to find a way to visit during both F&G and F&W (with MNSSHP)!
And to squeeze a visit during Star Wars weekends as well! (less likely, because as much as I love SW, I hate hot weather and to leave Brazil in late fall/early winter for the really hot Floridian early summer would be tough!)

I hate not having any Disney trips to plan in the foreseeable future! I'm loving planning my Honeymoon in South Africa though!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #2910
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Cool! Should be a fun time to go there! And it will probably be during Epcot's Flower & Garden festival which seems really beautiful!

Except for Christmas and Halloween, I have never seen any other festivals/holidays in WDW! And my october trip in 2000 didn't even coincide with the Food & Wine festival (at least I didn't remember any booths besides those of the Millenium Village as part of the millenium celebration).

I need to find a way to visit during both F&G and F&W (with MNSSHP)!
And to squeeze a visit during Star Wars weekends as well! (less likely, because as much as I love SW, I hate hot weather and to leave Brazil in late fall/early winter for the really hot Floridian early summer would be tough!)

I hate not having any Disney trips to plan in the foreseeable future! I'm loving planning my Honeymoon in South Africa though!
Wow South Africa, are you doing a safari, now is South Africa closer then WDW from where you live. If you go to the cape be sure if you see any penguins to take pics, I know some people who think they live in Canada Truth is penguins live closer to you in Brazil then Canada, when is your big day

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: