Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #2866
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoy View Post
We are approaching our 180-day mark for our 11th trip to Disney, beginning September 6, 2013. All 10 park days are itinerized by best crowd level. Park hopping is assigned by EMH. All dining is accounted for. Boardwalk view at Boardwalk Villas was locked in at the 11-month mark.
Nice to meet you. My avatar is me dressed for MNSSHP and the rest of my family is in my trip report. Have you been DVC all that time? We own at SSR, BLT, & bought at BWV a couple years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My all time favorite nap ride is Universe Of Energy, it's like a solid 20 minute nap, that's really all you need to recharge
We didn't find that ride when the dds were younger. I don't know how we missed it, but it would have been a good one as well.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #2867
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
We are approaching our 180-day mark for our 11th trip to Disney, beginning September 6, 2013. All 10 park days are itinerized by best crowd level. Park hopping is assigned by EMH. All dining is accounted for. Boardwalk view at Boardwalk Villas was locked in at the 11-month mark.
Nice, IMO Boardwalk Villas is one of the resorts that has a lot of great escape routes, you go outside your at the Boardwalk with lots of places to go right outside your door, you can catch a bus or take a boat or even walk to get to where your going, great restaurants close by including my favorite, you can definitely save lots of time with so much close by

Unlike a lot of resorts, that are basically just the resort where you have to jump on a bus to get somewhere
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #2868
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Ron, thinking of taking a trip in Nov and using the Auto Train. Can you give us a review of the Auto Train?

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #2869
NuJoy
First Lady of Kittrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Nice to meet you. My avatar is me dressed for MNSSHP and the rest of my family is in my trip report. Have you been DVC all that time? We own at SSR, BLT, & bought at BWV a couple years ago.
We have been DVC since 2010.
NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #2870
NuJoy
First Lady of Kittrell

Quote:
Nice, IMO Boardwalk Villas is one of the resorts that has a lot of great escape routes, you go outside your at the Boardwalk with lots of places to go right outside your door, you can catch a bus or take a boat or even walk to get to where your going, great restaurants close by including my favorite, you can definitely save lots of time with so much close by

Unlike a lot of resorts, that are basically just the resort where you have to jump on a bus to get somewhere
Definitely, location is a major draw and the theming is such an escape for us. It suits us perfectly. My husband says he isn't really on vacation until he steps out onto the boardwalk. Other than a last minute weekend trip my husband and I made alone June 2011 (only OKW was available), we've never stayed any place else on Disney World property. We do like to host my parents, sister, and niece for a long weekend at HHI also.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #2871
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
We have been DVC since 2010.
Quote:
Definitely, location is a major draw and the theming is such an escape for us. It suits us perfectly. My husband says he isn't really on vacation until he steps out onto the boardwalk. Other than a last minute weekend trip my husband and I made alone June 2011 (only OKW was available), we've never stayed any place else on Disney World property. We do like to host my parents, sister, and niece for a long weekend at HHI also.
2008 for us. BWV is great, but I think I like BLT even better. But, for me, WDW is the MK. The BWV is great and I really enjoy the location and the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night. We've stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts except BC, but hope to get that next year. HHI is really fun and a shorter drive for us. We'll be back there in the future as well.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #2872
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Ron, thinking of taking a trip in Nov and using the Auto Train. Can you give us a review of the Auto Train?
For me The AutoTrain is the way to go, You get the train in Lorton VA (about 10m past DC) Checkin time starts at Noon with last call at around 2:30 or 3, you board the train at 3, car will already be loaded on the train (one great thing is you can bring as much stuff as you want in your car), You can get a coach seat (tilts back pretty good so you can get comfortable) or a sleeper room ( cost is a huge difference), train gets put together between 3:30 & 4 and then departs, Dinner is served at 5,7 &9 depending on time you picked, there is a lounge car that has a small bar and they show a movie during the trip, has one stop for about a hour around 11 -12 (depends on engineer and train traffic on how long the stop is but is usually less then a hour, 6am they make 1st call for breakfast (light continental), The ETA for Stanford FL is 9:30, usually you are there ahead of time, we got there once before 7am

Then they take the train apart, you disembark and they start unloading the cars, when you number is called you load your car and leave you will be 39miles from WDW (pretty much a straight run)

For me the pros are you have your car with as much as you want to bring, you are rested since you don't have to do a red eye driving, and can get right to a park.

Cons, you don't make anytime taking the train vs driving straight trough

Price, depends the earlier you book the cheaper it is, they do have a AAA discount, for our next trip it was $929 coach round trip 2 Adults 1 child and a over sized vehicle
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #2873
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Randall is this the idea behind your hat smiley in your sig You were double hatting that day, I wonder how many people can say they actually wore one of The Dapper Dans hats while they were singing on the trolly

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #2874
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Randall is this the idea behind your hat smiley in your sig You were double hatting that day, I wonder how many people can say they actually wore one of The Dapper Dans hats while they were singing on the trolly
It works, but no. I picked up that little guy over in the DISDads PUB. I use the same sig for both places.

Thanks for the info on the Auto Train. Do you have trouble sleeping in coach, and do you do upper or lower?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #2875
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
It works, but no. I picked up that little guy over in the DISDads PUB. I use the same sig for both places.

Thanks for the info on the Auto Train. Do you have trouble sleeping in coach, and do you do upper or lower?
We get the upper level, if you want to walk the train you have to be on the upper level, the lower level is mostly reserved for those who can't move around well, also the lower level is where all the rest rooms are

I don't have much trouble getting to sleep in couch, but the main things to remember here is that you can BYOB on the train plus they serve wine with dinner so I have some help on the way home I'm so beat up from the trip, sometimes I'm asleep before we leave the station

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #2876
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Limited Time Only update Can it be right and if it is, that's all they are doing From now till May the limited time only promo is the spring trolly show, Now wouldn't they normally do a spring show

Someone in management really needs to grab the bull by the horns and turn this promo into something exciting

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #2877
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
We get the upper level, if you want to walk the train you have to be on the upper level, the lower level is mostly reserved for those who can't move around well, also the lower level is where all the rest rooms are

I don't have much trouble getting to sleep in couch, but the main things to remember here is that you can BYOB on the train plus they serve wine with dinner so I have some help on the way home I'm so beat up from the trip, sometimes I'm asleep before we leave the station
Thanks Ron, this helps alot!

How's the food?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #2878
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thanks Ron, this helps alot!

How's the food?
Food is nothing to write home about, but with the choices of Beef Tips, Chicken Marsala, or Fish. The chicken is the way to go

Breakfast is Bagels, cereal, muffins, fruit, coffee, OJ

Remember you can bring a small cooler on board with you, so you can also bring food to munch on during the trip

I think I forgot to mention the window seats have a power outlet, so if you bring a laptop, or video player you can charge it up

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #2879
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Food is nothing to write home about, but with the choices of Beef Tips, Chicken Marsala, or Fish. The chicken is the way to go

Breakfast is Bagels, cereal, muffins, fruit, coffee, OJ

Remember you can bring a small cooler on board with you, so you can also bring food to munch on during the trip

I think I forgot to mention the window seats have a power outlet, so if you bring a laptop, or video player you can charge it up
Thank you, I've decided, now to talk the women folks into it.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #2880
NuJoy
First Lady of Kittrell

Quote:
Thank you, I've decided, now to talk the women folks into it.
Good luck. My husband has some kind of fascination with this idea of taking the train. It didn't help that we sat right next to a guy at Tune In Lounge last year who worked for the Raleigh or Durham train. I'm like no way! My husband showed me a picture of the sleeping cabin. It only sleeps 2 and the toilet doubles as a chair? I have to sleep within sniffing distance of a toilet? Mmmmm, no. Plus, it is more expensive and takes longer to get there than driving. My car practically drives itself; and my husband thrives on 500 calories and 5 hours of sleep a day anyway.

Gwen

Last edited by NuJoy; 03-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: