Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #2851
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
Thought you guys would get a chuckle out of this. My foray into a non Disney park (Knott's Berry Farm), has turned into a fact finding mission for the Christmastime thread for the Disneyland forum. So I'm going undercover to get current info on what Knott's has in the way of decorations and entertainment, and what has the park has to offer during Christmas. The DL board's Christmas time thread doesn't have anything current regarding this, so am going to do up an elaborate trip report for it once I get back from my trip, loaded with pics. Time to get out the long trench coat, spy glass, and the secret decoder ring. Have a great day everyone!!

Trish
Hmmm.....

Undercover Commando
Commando Spy
Commando-spionage
Secret Commando
Contra Commando
Commando commando

Starring in .....

Maxwell Commando
Commando Powers
Commando Notice
Commando Vice
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #2852
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I am going to attempt to be a reformed ride Chicken on this trip. My accident has given a fresh perspective on life, and am now ready to at least try some wilder rides on this trip, that I've avoided in the past. However I'm still a photographer a heart, and will always love taking pics. And a closet graphic artist (I can now add that to my resume, as I created a logo for my DH's union, after what they came up with was really bad ). They are going to use one of my designs as their new logo, which is awesome!
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #2853
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Thought you guys would get a chuckle out of this. My foray into a non Disney park (Knott's Berry Farm), has turned into a fact finding mission for the Christmastime thread for the Disneyland forum. So I'm going undercover to get current info on what Knott's has in the way of decorations and entertainment, and what has the park has to offer during Christmas. The DL board's Christmas time thread doesn't have anything current regarding this, so am going to do up an elaborate trip report for it once I get back from my trip, loaded with pics. Time to get out the long trench coat, spy glass, and the secret decoder ring. Have a great day everyone!!

Trish
Commandoing for free is the best way to Commando, or maybe you won those tickets because it's a trap, they want to find out all the Disney info you know about what's going on that week, and what better way then with free tickets
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #2854
BELLEDOZER

The best kind of Commando is when you do it for free!! I need the laugh, as the shoulders are really acting up today. The kids had a hip hop concert yesterday. The darn folding chairs that they provided for the parents watching it, killed my shoulders, the curve and neck (GRUMBLE!!). Sigh...one step forward, two steps back. Hate dealing with the insurance co, but at least I've got DS9 into physio as of next week, which he really needs. The upcoming trip is keeping me sane for the most part, but it get's frustrating with how much I can't do these days. At least the curve in my spine is starting to correct itself, which is something.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #2855
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

A Disney trip always does a body good (well, maybe it does the mind and spirit good so we can psych ourselves into believing the body is good as well). Feel better Belledozer I have a birthday, spring break and maybe even a job response next week I forgot to tell you guys. . . I got a car!!! I am super excited, in fact, it got me to the last minute job interview I had today. I will keep you all posted. I get to finally update my PTR too, it needs it.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #2856
BELLEDOZER

Congrat's on the car!!!! Just be careful out there, and drive as if everyone's out to get you. It's worked well for me over the years, as I rarely have accidents with this mentality. I'm always anticipating what the other driver's around me are going to do. To keep my sanity intact I bought a knitting loom, and have started making scarves for our friends for Christmas to keep me out of mischief. And keep the frustration at bay for the most part. Good luck with the job interview!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #2857
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
A Disney trip always does a body good (well, maybe it does the mind and spirit good so we can psych ourselves into believing the body is good as well). Feel better Belledozer I have a birthday, spring break and maybe even a job response next week I forgot to tell you guys. . . I got a car!!! I am super excited, in fact, it got me to the last minute job interview I had today. I will keep you all posted. I get to finally update my PTR too, it needs it.
Congrats on your car

I was looking at The Flower & Garden Event, and I must say that when you are there something is going on that I got excited about, you may have overlooked it, but it is something your Mom might like more then you

May 10-12 Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone will be performing, They might be way before your time but you might know some of there songs such as Bus Stop, Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter, I'm Into Something Good, I'm Henry The VIII I Am, etc. This is one of those opportunities that you can do , that your Mom and yourself might enjoy and it's free

If nothing else you can actually say that you have seen one of the original British Invasion Bands perform
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 03-02-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #2858
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Congrat's on the car!!!! Just be careful out there, and drive as if everyone's out to get you. It's worked well for me over the years, as I rarely have accidents with this mentality. I'm always anticipating what the other driver's around me are going to do. To keep my sanity intact I bought a knitting loom, and have started making scarves for our friends for Christmas to keep me out of mischief. And keep the frustration at bay for the most part. Good luck with the job interview!!
You should design a WDW Commando scarf, I know there are none of them out there

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #2859
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Congrats on your car

I was looking at The Flower & Garden Event, and I must say that when you are there something is going on that I got excited about, you may have overlooked it, but it is something your Mom might like more then you

May 10-12 Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone will be performing, They might be way before your time but you might know some of there songs such as Bus Stop, Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter, I'm Into Something Good, I'm Henry The VIII I Am, etc. This is one of those opportunities that you can do , that your Mom and yourself might enjoy and it's free

If nothing else you can actually say that you have seen one of the original British Invasion Bands perform
Thanks for the congrats guys Yes, I took my mom for a ride and we were at the light, the car coming to a stop behind me was going too fast so I moved forward a little. My mom laughed and said "I don't blame you hun, your gonna keep your car in tact." Exactly I believe the job interview went well. Good news is they must fill positions to keep up with the demand for their business. They don't have a lot of time to interview and they don't have a lot of applicants. This means I have a pretty good chance qualified or not (which I am, it is a call center) and over time availability and they are flexible while I go to school. Win-win all around

I will make sure we try, thanks for letting me know. I usually do know music before my time, but nope don't believe I know them. It does not look like we will spending too much time at Epcot do to my mom wanting to relax and other stuff I have us scheduled for. I know were not doing too much in FW though. Probably just Captain EO, Journey into Imagination w/ Figment (I heard it changed, don't know how I feel about this), Spaceship earth, maybe energy, Test track and Soarin'. Pretty much if we can get to Epcot both days for a couple hours one day we can do FW and the other day WS and just eat and listen to music.

I agree about the scarf. I crochet, so if you need ideas, let me know.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #2860
NuJoy
But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

Fun has a label?

Who knew we were commandos...we were just trying to soak in everything Disney!

One of our Disney traveling philosophies:
Nap in the room? What? And miss all the FUN! This is a Joyner vacation, baby! NAP AT HOME!

And so, feeling we just might qualify for the label, I humbly request to be a member of this group of like-minded souls.

Gwen

NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #2861
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I will make sure we try, thanks for letting me know. I usually do know music before my time, but nope don't believe I know them. It does not look like we will spending too much time at Epcot do to my mom wanting to relax and other stuff I have us scheduled for. I know were not doing too much in FW though. Probably just Captain EO, Journey into Imagination w/ Figment (I heard it changed, don't know how I feel about this), Spaceship earth, maybe energy, Test track and Soarin'. Pretty much if we can get to Epcot both days for a couple hours one day we can do FW and the other day WS and just eat and listen to music. .
Good to hear about the job progress. Terrible to hear about changes to Figment. That is one of my must do rides. I even have a purple figment on my van radio antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoy View Post

Nap in the room? What? And miss all the FUN! This is a Joyner vacation, baby! NAP AT HOME!

And so, feeling we just might qualify for the label, I humbly request to be a member of this group of like-minded souls.

Gwen
Welcome. Let us know your commando plan/ strategies.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #2862
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoy View Post

Gwen
You are member #228 we tried the whole nap thing a few years ago, it was nothing but a waste of time never again, although I have found a few rides in the parks that make for great naps

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #2863
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
You are member #228 we tried the whole nap thing a few years ago, it was nothing but a waste of time never again, although I have found a few rides in the parks that make for great naps
I've napped in the movie in France a couple times, so that has to be my favorite place. Also,it never has been really crowded.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #2864
NuJoy
But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

Introductions

This is me and DH:

We are approaching our 180-day mark for our 11th trip to Disney, beginning September 6, 2013. All 10 park days are itinerized by best crowd level. Park hopping is assigned by EMH. All dining is accounted for. Boardwalk view at Boardwalk Villas was locked in at the 11-month mark.

NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #2865
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I've napped in the movie in France a couple times, so that has to be my favorite place. Also,it never has been really crowded.
My all time favorite nap ride is Universe Of Energy, it's like a solid 20 minute nap, that's really all you need to recharge

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: