Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #271
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys View Post
Yeah....we all want to know!!!! (I'm leaving on Friday and getting the commando plans in order!!!)
Don't worry, No Commando left behind here, if I don't hear back in a few days we will get the info to you and stitchy in time for your trip

You might want to make sure you have enough ink in your printer it is like 30 pages long, and like 150 in index card form
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #272
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Don't worry, No Commando left behind here, if I don't hear back in a few days we will get the info to you and stitchy in time for your trip

You might want to make sure you have enough ink in your printer it is like 30 pages long, and like 150 in index card form
Awesome!!! The printer is ready to go!!! (Now I just might have to take it into school and laminate it too.... )
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #273
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

I suspected it when I first posted in this thread, based on my meticulous planning. But now, I'm sure.

I also post over at TGM a bit. I recently revised my trip plan, because I decided we didn't want to miss the Parade (whether it's Spectro or MSEP) and the regular Wishes fireworks. I posted the revised plan, and every response was that I was trying to do too much and I'd regret it.

I talked to my wife, and she agrees that the schedule I came up with makes sense with our kids. So, though I appreciate TGM's info, I guess that officially makes us Commandos. :D
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #274
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Awesome!!! The printer is ready to go!!! (Now I just might have to take it into school and laminate it too.... )
I don't know if you will get it laminate everything, it's a lot to take in, making Cliff notes might work.

I like to go through the proper channels, I highly respect all of her hard work that went into this, I'm sure you understand my position Things are updated and takin off quite often so I would like to see everyone get the updated version
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #275
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
I suspected it when I first posted in this thread, based on my meticulous planning. But now, I'm sure.

I also post over at TGM a bit. I recently revised my trip plan, because I decided we didn't want to miss the Parade (whether it's Spectro or MSEP) and the regular Wishes fireworks. I posted the revised plan, and every response was that I was trying to do too much and I'd regret it.

I talked to my wife, and she agrees that the schedule I came up with makes sense with our kids. So, though I appreciate TGM's info, I guess that officially makes us Commandos. :D
I know exactly where you are coming from, that's the main reason why I started this thread Why is it if you you want to achive more than someone else the plan is crap If they are alittle lazy in their planning that's their problem , they should not try to hold you back with them. If you are in a more tight unit you can work as a team, and I know you heard me say it before but:

T- Together
E- EVERYONE
A- Achives
M-More

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #276
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if you will get it laminate everything, it's a lot to take in, making Cliff notes might work.

I like to go through the proper channels, I highly respect all of her hard work that went into this, I'm sure you understand my position Things are updated and takin off quite often so I would like to see everyone get the updated version
I completely understand... give us only what you can and what you feel comfortable sharing! I would never want to step on anyone's toes...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #277
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

For me, planning is a challenge - thrill of the hunt. A DISer friend and I tackled 3 parks all before lunch before our other teammates arrived in Orlando. We made a list of must do rides and hit each one. That did it for me! I knew that having a better than expected time was also doable with my kids. Why spend as much money as we do on our WDW trips and not have some kind of a plan? Sounds wasteful to me.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #278
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I completely understand... give us only what you can and what you feel comfortable sharing! I would never want to step on anyone's toes...
Like I said you will not be left behind

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #279
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like I said you will not be left behind
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #280
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
For me, planning is a challenge - thrill of the hunt. A DISer friend and I tackled 3 parks all before lunch before our other teammates arrived in Orlando. We made a list of must do rides and hit each one. That did it for me! I knew that having a better than expected time was also doable with my kids. Why spend as much money as we do on our WDW trips and not have some kind of a plan? Sounds wasteful to me.
I like your thinking, I don't have a million bucks or live close by where I can go when ever, so to me I like to try to get my monies worth and if I don't get everything done I gave it my best shot ( something to do next time) , One of my mottos is if you can do it at home you don't need to spend a mint to do it on vacation

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #281
Ginny

DIS Veteran

The Legacy of a Disney Commando

I am definitely a Disney Commando........raising a Disney Commando Olympian!! We have been lovingly indulged and supported by DH and DS (23) who go along for the ride but love to see us happy!! One caveat: I better schedule fishing one morning of every trip!!

We get to the parks an hour early, the words "rope drop" are magic to our ears and there is no better exercise than weaving down Main Street to Fantasyland to enjoy Early Entry (okay.....EMH)! Then, after experiencing that little bit of heaven....., continue our efforts by making the sweep around to Tomorrowland before heading to Crystal Palace to make good use of the calorie cushion we just created by our "commando walk."

I joined the DIS in February of 1999 - I know it says August but the DIS upgraded or maybe it kind of crashed (due to it's peerless popularity) in the summer of 99 and I had to start over! We had planned our first family vacation in 10 years and decided on WDW and a new offering back then........a Disney Cruise! Well, 11 years, multiple DCL and WDW adventures later..............we are heading "home" to celebrate DD's 16th Birthday. And, we are taking her three closest friends with us! Her dream: To be in the MK when the clock strikes 12!

For our very special 16th Birthday Celebration: The Excel spreadsheet for the 6 days is complete, color-coded and confirmation #'s noted: all ADR's made (all first choices), special excursions arranged AND, I didn't forget the Fishing Trip!!

DD has briefed her friends (who seem to enjoy our lunacy)......."no sleeping in, this is WDW.....you can sleep in your next life. We will be there well before the parks open.......it may be dark but you will thank me later." I'm guessing I know where she's heard that speech before..........

But, the highlight of this trip...........so far: I had a big event at work during our "Ressie" week and I couldn't make the 0700 calls or On-line Ressies for three "critical" days - so......... DH juggled the computer and telephones to make sure that we got what we needed for all meals for those days................not to mention our Illuminations Cruise (quite a feat for a "novice!") I noticed the sense of pride and a huge twinkle in his eye....I'm thinking we may have another Disney Commando in the making.

Thanks so much for letting me share our fun. The DIS is and always has been a wonderful gift!!

Ginny

Ginny

Yacht Club 8/09: The Girl's Summer Adventure...one more time! / Old Key West 4/09 / Hilton Head DVC 8/08 / Wilderness Lodge Villas 3/08 / Beach Club & DCL Magic 1/07 / DXL 8/06: The Girl's Summer Adventure / Yacht Club & RCCL Mariner 11/05 / WL & DCL Magic - Christmas 2003 / Contemporary 5/02 & 12/02 / Beach Club 1/02 / Disney Magic Halloween 2001 / DXL & Disney Magic 2000 / DXL/GF & Disney Wonder 99
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #282
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Love your comments Ginny!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #283
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tonite I PM'd a DisBoard friend, She is the holder of what IMO is the WDW Bible, I 'm not promising anything, I invited her to our thread, or she might say it's ok for me to give you the info, or we might not hear anything at all, any way is fine I respect her hard work and privacy so I won't do anything without her blessing As far as I know out of our 88 members, besides myself only 2 others know of what I am refering to (I could be wrong) This could change alot of your plans in a more fullfilling positive way

If you get the "go ahead", I would love to receive this information.

We have just under three weeks to go. We have our ADRs all set, park days figured out, and we finished typing up our itinerary last night. Honestly, I'm not sure how we are going to manage it all, but we are quite determined. We have either early morning ADRs or rope drop planned for every morning. This is going to be a nightmare for me because I'm a late morning sleeper, but I insist on trying to do it all!!!

Now we just have to finalize our touring plan! I'm so excited that we are getting so close!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
TaraBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #284
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
I am definitely a Disney Commando........raising a Disney Commando Olympian!! We have been lovingly indulged and supported by DH and DS (23) who go along for the ride but love to see us happy!! One caveat: I better schedule fishing one morning of every trip!!

We get to the parks an hour early, the words "rope drop" are magic to our ears and there is no better exercise than weaving down Main Street to Fantasyland to enjoy Early Entry (okay.....EMH)! Then, after experiencing that little bit of heaven....., continue our efforts by making the sweep around to Tomorrowland before heading to Crystal Palace to make good use of the calorie cushion we just created by our "commando walk."

I joined the DIS in February of 1999 - I know it says August but the DIS upgraded or maybe it kind of crashed (due to it's peerless popularity) in the summer of 99 and I had to start over! We had planned our first family vacation in 10 years and decided on WDW and a new offering back then........a Disney Cruise! Well, 11 years, multiple DCL and WDW adventures later..............we are heading "home" to celebrate DD's 16th Birthday. And, we are taking her three closest friends with us! Her dream: To be in the MK when the clock strikes 12!

For our very special 16th Birthday Celebration: The Excel spreadsheet for the 6 days is complete, color-coded and confirmation #'s noted: all ADR's made (all first choices), special excursions arranged AND, I didn't forget the Fishing Trip!!

DD has briefed her friends (who seem to enjoy our lunacy)......."no sleeping in, this is WDW.....you can sleep in your next life. We will be there well before the parks open.......it may be dark but you will thank me later." I'm guessing I know where she's heard that speech before..........

But, the highlight of this trip...........so far: I had a big event at work during our "Ressie" week and I couldn't make the 0700 calls or On-line Ressies for three "critical" days - so......... DH juggled the computer and telephones to make sure that we got what we needed for all meals for those days................not to mention our Illuminations Cruise (quite a feat for a "novice!") I noticed the sense of pride and a huge twinkle in his eye....I'm thinking we may have another Disney Commando in the making.

Thanks so much for letting me share our fun. The DIS is and always has been a wonderful gift!!

Ginny
You are member #90. What a awesome 16th B-day, looks like you have trained her well

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #285
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Does anyone Commando Food Credits

Does anyone else do this, or I'm I really crazy

On a TS do you order the most expensive thing on the menu, seems like I get steak or prime rib everynight

QS I usally get ribs, but since you can only get them at like 3 places, usally go for the top dollar item

Snacks, This one I need to work on, this year I won't be there during the F&W fest, (found they were the best deals), I did find that the Giant pretzel in Germany is included on the snack plan, (1 will fill all 3 of us) besides the normal stuff (ice cream, soda, water, popcorn, fruit) Does anyone know of other items that a snack credit will work on that is a good deal

I know alot of you got the free DP they are offering, Oh yeah I get to pay this trip, we have one of those blackout weeks
But if you got it for free or if you have to pay, do you try to beat the system , dollar wise and eat like King or Queen

Now of course when I stay off site, I use my Disney Visa points and go on the cheap, You can order a double cheeseburger and ask for a extra bun, it will cost a extra $1, but it will save 7 or 8 bucks, and if they have a fixin bar

I guess what I'm looking for is, If you get the DP, do you Commandotize it and how. And if you pay as you go, what tips do you have to get the best value for the least $$$.

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: