Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #2701
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post

Thanks! I'm sure we'll have a great time! I'm taking my iPad and iPhone so I'll try to log in at night to check how everything here is going and post updates (some time this week I have to create a TR thread! )
Can't wait to see what Limited Time Magic will have in store for us!
Eduardo,I was just checking out It's A Disney World After All, and if rumors are true The Limited Time Only for Jan 21-26 is long Lost Friends Week, with rumored Meet & Greets with, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Scrooge McDuck, Ludwig von Duck, also expected characters from Robin Hood, Pinocchio & 3 Little Pigs

This sounds like a great week to be there for Limited Time Only
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #2702
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
This week for the Limited Time Only they are doing Winter Wonderland in Canada, with SNOW, They are also doing Character Meet & Greets in Canada which is rare in itself, I can't say I ever did a M&G in Canada,Besides a pic with the Santa during the Christmas Time Storytellers
That's too funny, where I live in Canada we've had 1 snowfall that left snow on the ground for more the 1 day...and for the past 2 days it's been in the mid 40's, raining, leaving no trace of snow. I find it funny that if I want snow, I should go to Florida...but I'm totally fine if we don't see any snow but that's not likely to happen.

Commander- I went through all my SoMK cards and I don't have any of the ones your looking for (I have all the same doubles that your trading, sorry )

So today, my dd's boss stopped me at church and asked me to help her do a disney plan for her family's first trip to WDW at the end of Feb. Husband, wife, 3 daughters ( 7,9,11)- 9 days at AKV (2brd. savanna)Full dining. I asked her what is she looking forward to doing the most at WDW. She said "having unique experiences that most people wouldn't know about at Disney"- I can totally plan that! especially when I'm spending someone else money.
I did tell her that she should have just booked a ticket for me and I would be their personal tour guide and book everything and get them into see everything- COMMANDO STYLE!!!!
My only concern is that I'm not going to get her good ADR's in this short a time range....but I'm up for the challenge.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #2703
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Eduardo,I was just checking out It's A Disney World After All, and if rumors are true The Limited Time Only for Jan 21-26 is long Lost Friends Week, with rumored Meet & Greets with, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Scrooge McDuck, Ludwig von Duck, also expected characters from Robin Hood, Pinocchio & 3 Little Pigs

This sounds like a great week to be there for Limited Time Only
Yeah, I saw that too last night! But it seems it will be restricted to MK and we won't go into MK until Jan 31st!

We'll change hotels and enter Pop Century on Jan 25th (that's when we get our QSDP and tickets) and we have a bridal shop appointment on the mornings of both the 25th and the 26th so we were planning on doing gatorland on the afternoon of the 25th and sea world on the 26th (our second day there).

I even thought of adding a day to our 8-day hopper, but it wouldn't be fair to them to go into the MK for the first time for half a day! All our parks are planned as full day parks on our first visit!

This week seems incredible!!!

I remember seing lots of those from the list in the parks when I was a kid. I have pics with the Robin Hood and Pinocchio guys! Never seen Ludwig von Drake in the parks though! Would be amazing to see him as he is such a peculiar character, loved reading comics with him and seeing his cartoons.

And my favorite Disney character is on this list and I'll miss him: Uncle Scrooge! I'm a huge Scrooge fan, from Ducktales and his early cartoons to, specially his comics. The comics of Uncle Scrooge and Donald by Carl Barks and Don Rosa are some of the best comics stories of the 20th century! If you haven't read them, make sure to check some out! Apparently Fantagraphics is issuing a Complete Carl Barks hardcover library in the US like our publisher here in Brazil did about 5 years ago (ours was paperback though)

If anyone know of a place that Scrooge makes semi-regular appearances I'd love to know! (besides special events like MVMCP as there aren't any in January!)

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #2704
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Well I got something in the mail from AAA today about the Jan promotion, it contained a scratch off section to see what special promo you got, I got a $100 GC if booked by end of Jan (I don't know if they are all the same, or if you get the same deal if you never booked with them before, or if there is even more that will be offered when I go to book)

So as of now it looks like I'd get the regular discount (since Disney has no offers as of now) a $100 GC, Storytime & Preferred Fireworks Viewing for wishes, no matter how you look at it your not going to get a much better deal then that
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #2705
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
That's too funny, where I live in Canada we've had 1 snowfall that left snow on the ground for more the 1 day...and for the past 2 days it's been in the mid 40's, raining, leaving no trace of snow. I find it funny that if I want snow, I should go to Florida...but I'm totally fine if we don't see any snow but that's not likely to happen.

Commander- I went through all my SoMK cards and I don't have any of the ones your looking for (I have all the same doubles that your trading, sorry )

So today, my dd's boss stopped me at church and asked me to help her do a disney plan for her family's first trip to WDW at the end of Feb. Husband, wife, 3 daughters ( 7,9,11)- 9 days at AKV (2brd. savanna)Full dining. I asked her what is she looking forward to doing the most at WDW. She said "having unique experiences that most people wouldn't know about at Disney"- I can totally plan that! especially when I'm spending someone else money.
I did tell her that she should have just booked a ticket for me and I would be their personal tour guide and book everything and get them into see everything- COMMANDO STYLE!!!!
My only concern is that I'm not going to get her good ADR's in this short a time range....but I'm up for the challenge.
Make sure she knows if she wants to have a "unique experience that most people wouldn't know about Disney" she going to have to work for it, it just doesn't happen, Better yet you should drop hints to her that if you went with them, you could pretty much say you will find The Disney Magic

It can't hurt you might get a trip out of it

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #2706
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Make sure she knows if she wants to have a "unique experience that most people wouldn't know about Disney" she going to have to work for it, it just doesn't happen, Better yet you should drop hints to her that if you went with them, you could pretty much say you will find The Disney Magic

It can't hurt you might get a trip out of it
I'm in total agreement with that! and I didn't just drop hints...I told her straight out..."take me and I'll make it happen!"
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #2707
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I'm in total agreement with that! and I didn't just drop hints...I told her straight out..."take me and I'll make it happen!"
You never know maybe she will bite, I've tried telling people I know that, and I always get the same answer, We know you would show us a Amazing trip, but we couldn't afford you, I will not go without my Team (wife and son), or I get your agenda would put us in a coma, I have no idea what they are talking about

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #2708
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
You never know maybe she will bite, I've tried telling people I know that, and I always get the same answer, We know you would show us a Amazing trip, but we couldn't afford you, I will not go without my Team (wife and son), or I get your agenda would put us in a coma, I have no idea what they are talking about
I'm pretty cheap... I don't need Dh or Dd to come with me, but yes my plan would put them into a coma, BUT... it would still be a magical coma that they'll never forget, actually isn't that what a "dream" is....
yeah, yeah...I'm just making dreams come true
WDW Commando Member#199

Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #2709
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I'm pretty cheap... I don't need Dh or Dd to come with me, but yes my plan would put them into a coma, BUT... it would still be a magical coma that they'll never forget, actually isn't that what a "dream" is....

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #2710
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We had a ton of snow that came Christmas Eve and stayed the first week of July, then around last Friday the sun was so hot I turned the heat off inside the house . It was like 50-60 degrees all weekend and today. . . it's FREEZING. MI weather, you don't like it? hang around 5 minutes it will change.

Quote:
That's right

Quote:
Spoken like a true man who knows he must keep his wife. . .

Quote:
Spoken like a true woman. . . yeah, that's all, spoken like a true woman (You know, what's yours is mine and what's mines is mine)
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #2711
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Our temps have been 3 to 5 degrees above 0 for the past 3 weeks. We are in an unique situation where we live on an island close to the water, so when everyone get's snow, we'll either not get any, or not get as much as the rest of the lower mainland. We did have a dusting yesterday, along with freezing rain, which made things fun on the roads. I did feel bad when DL had the cold spell, as it can be a bit of a shock on the system, especially if you are not used to it (please send some warm weather up here, as I'm tired of the cold....BRR!). Have a great day!!
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #2712
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
Our temps have been 3 to 5 degrees above 0 for the past 3 weeks. We are in an unique situation where we live on an island close to the water, so when everyone get's snow, we'll either not get any, or not get as much as the rest of the lower mainland. We did have a dusting yesterday, along with freezing rain, which made things fun on the roads. I did feel bad when DL had the cold spell, as it can be a bit of a shock on the system, especially if you are not used to it (please send some warm weather up here, as I'm tired of the cold....BRR!). Have a great day!!
We haven't had anything that cold here this year YET, the last week it has been in the 50's & this week they are saying it will be in the 40's, we did have a pretty big snow storm (about 10inches) a week after the hurricane, but luckily we were at WDW and when we got back it was all gone, I know my son would like it if we got a snow storm but it would be a lot better if we didn't get any, since they are now going to school till the end of June, to make up for the 2 weeks they had off due to the hurricane

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #2713
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

My kids love snow, but we don't get that much of it, compared to the rest of the lower mainland, much to their dismay. The van (or as I call it the Clonemobile, hey I've got a weird sense of humor) has gone extinct due to lack of parts available for it. We are waiting to see what the insurance company is going to offer us for it sometime next week. I talked to the person who witnessed my accident that I happened to be friends with (hey if you are going to wipe out, why not doing it in front of a bunch of people you know and scare the heck out of them). She feels that there were Angels surrounding the van, as there is no way we should have walked away from the crash with minor injuries and the little damage to the van. According to her, had I not done the evasive manuver to avoid the collision the other driver would have launched himself into the middle of the van, killing DS8 and severely injuring both DS9 and myself. Apparently when he pulled out, he did so at a rate of high speed, so any crash is a good one if you can walk away from it. So let this be a lesson to other drivers on this thread. Always approach driveways of malls, and other businesses with caution if there is a driver in their driveway, and mentally try to calculate what the other driver may do.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #2714
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

If you didn't think there were enough little things around the parks to collect (sorcerer cards, transportation cards, pressed pennies,etc) it looks like there will be another, AK is going to be starting a game soon and you earn badges (like Russell from UP) And there is only 30 different badges

It looks like my next trip no matter where we are I'll be looking for some kind of card, badge or trinket

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #2715
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you didn't think there were enough little things around the parks to collect (sorcerer cards, transportation cards, pressed pennies,etc) it looks like there will be another, AK is going to be starting a game soon and you earn badges (like Russell from UP) And there is only 30 different badges

It looks like my next trip no matter where we are I'll be looking for some kind of card, badge or trinket
Good! I love that WDW is coming up with games to play in the parks. Now if only I could convince DH to stop running from ride to ride long enough...

Although to be fair, he did let me play the Agent P game in Epcot. We tried it in France, and only got halfway through the game before our device stopped working. He made me turn it in and said he didn't want to play again! Until we had some time to kill in Norway later and then he let me play there. So maybe one day he'll let me play the Sorcerers game at MK and this new game at AK.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: