Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #2686
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Welcome!!! Well our year has started off with 2 large bangs. First off DH almost drove off a cliff with our 24 foot trailer while driving some friends of ours to pick up a vehicle they wanted to buy in the interior of the province. The truck is a write off, the trailer is repairable, and he is still recovering from the injuries he sustained in the crash. Yesterday I almost got T boned driving the kids home from school. Thanks to some evasive driving tactics I was able to minimize the damage to both vehicle and the people in it. But am still feeling the effects of the crash. DS8 was uninjured, DS9 has injuries as he saw the crash coming and braced for it (the worst thing you can do). His are minor, but he's in alot of pain from them. I've got some minor sprains and strains from it, and am grateful the crash was not worse than it could have been. We figure that my vehicle is going to be written off due to age, and the fact it was a limited production run. So we are now scrambling to find vehicles to use as daily drivers until we can work it out with our insurance agencies. We are running out of vehicles to drive. To have both of us to have major crashes within a week is extremely rare, so we are both joking about it at the moment. Time to get a lottery ticket, as our luck couldn't get any worse.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #2687
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird123 View Post
Hi, my name is Michelle and I am a WDW Commando. LOL Just discovered this thread and I would love to be in the club! I LOVE planning my WDW trip down to the detail...it's just part of the fun!!
Michelle you are member #224 I see you have a upcoming solo trip, care to share any details
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #2688
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Hey, guess what i just started??? My very first PTR!!!
I hope to my Commando family proud as I have no idea how this is going to go, but I am excited. My dream is coming true and I am super thankful and super excited!!! Stop by if you can. I am still learning about posting pics and all that so that may take a minute, but this is my first thread (well, other than the test thread I made, but that doesnt count )
Looks good so far, when you click on your link it only brings you to a single post that you can not respond to, I have no idea how to fix it though
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #2689
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
Welcome!!! Well our year has started off with 2 large bangs. First off DH almost drove off a cliff with our 24 foot trailer while driving some friends of ours to pick up a vehicle they wanted to buy in the interior of the province. The truck is a write off, the trailer is repairable, and he is still recovering from the injuries he sustained in the crash. Yesterday I almost got T boned driving the kids home from school. Thanks to some evasive driving tactics I was able to minimize the damage to both vehicle and the people in it. But am still feeling the effects of the crash. DS8 was uninjured, DS9 has injuries as he saw the crash coming and braced for it (the worst thing you can do). His are minor, but he's in alot of pain from them. I've got some minor sprains and strains from it, and am grateful the crash was not worse than it could have been. We figure that my vehicle is going to be written off due to age, and the fact it was a limited production run. So we are now scrambling to find vehicles to use as daily drivers until we can work it out with our insurance agencies. We are running out of vehicles to drive. To have both of us to have major crashes within a week is extremely rare, so we are both joking about it at the moment. Time to get a lottery ticket, as our luck couldn't get any worse.
That's crazy, I'm glad no one was seriously injured, hope you bought that lottery ticket

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #2690
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
What a terrible chain. I do hope your luck gets better and prayers you recover soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Looks good so far, when you click on your link it only brings you to a single post that you can not respond to, I have no idea how to fix it though
You can click on the thread name in top right hand side to get to thread.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #2691
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I didnt know that. Thanks for telling me, I will go try to fix that.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #2692
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Disney has made me an amusment park snob

We've been to WDW 5x since 2007 and we did Sea World 2x. We'll do it again and prob do Universal when my youngest gets a bit older.

WDW just has soooo much to do and make it so easy to get around via their transportation options.
And, once we did DVC, then we don't want to pay for one of the resorts over by Universal. We've only 30 more years on one contract, so I guess there's a chance.

Quote:
Hi, my name is Michelle and I am a WDW Commando. LOL Just discovered this thread and I would love to be in the club! I LOVE planning my WDW trip down to the detail...it's just part of the fun!!
Welcome and agreed. Planning is so much fun.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2693
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, I fixed it. Thanks for the head's up, it should work now.
Commando Member #216

Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2694
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree with you abut trying new parks, This year our new one to try will be Lego Land (DS loves his lego, the Lego store in DTD is a must do at least twice every time we go to WDW, so he should really love this place)
Hope you enjoy Legoland, it looks amazing, specially with kids! We were planning to go, but it isn't cheap and for a pack of 3 adults and a teen there wasn't a lot to do to justify trading a day at the other parks (or bridal gown hunting!) for it. I guess I'll have to wait until we have kids of our own and take them to Orlando!

Quote:
Eduardo I hope you and Bruna have a Magical Time on your trip, and everything you have been planing for months know all comes together with many extra surprises
Thanks! I'm sure we'll have a great time! I'm taking my iPad and iPhone so I'll try to log in at night to check how everything here is going and post updates (some time this week I have to create a TR thread! )
Can't wait to see what Limited Time Magic will have in store for us!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #2695
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Well we bought the lottery ticket and didn't win anything, but hey it was worth a shot. We've got the 97 Town and Country on the road yesterday. DH has to do some work on the 2001 Jeep we've got over the next couple of weeks and it will be his daily driver until such time as he can find another 1 ton truck to replace his with. We're Canadian Rednecks, and DH's boss was joking he should be using the 52 Chevy Fire truck as his daily driver. I'd love to see try to find parking for that on a daily basis. If the 2000 gold T&C is written off, it's no great loss, as it was always meant to be a back up vehicle in case one of ours died. And I've got the Green T&C to drive. It just means that we're going to be sharing a vehicle for the next couple of weeks until we sort things out with the insurance agency. My accident could have been a great deal worse, and am grateful that it wasn't. I was reassured by the police that the other driver is 100% at fault and they were going to see to it that the other drivers insurance will pay for the repairs to my vehicle. This is the worst accident I've had in over 15+ years. Added bonus is that I did it in front of other drivers that I'm friends with at the school. Fun stuff all around. Let us all hope that my year get's better from here. So says the eternal optimist.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #2696
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Hope you enjoy Legoland, it looks amazing, specially with kids! We were planning to go, but it isn't cheap and for a pack of 3 adults and a teen there wasn't a lot to do to justify trading a day at the other parks (or bridal gown hunting!) for it. I guess I'll have to wait until we have kids of our own and take them to Orlando!

Thanks! I'm sure we'll have a great time! I'm taking my iPad and iPhone so I'll try to log in at night to check how everything here is going and post updates (some time this week I have to create a TR thread! )
I am very excited for you Redoschi !!! The WDW trip, the engagement/ wedding, and all your bight future has in store!!! Can't wait to read your TR and your updates

Quote:
Well we bought the lottery ticket and didn't win anything, but hey it was worth a shot. We've got the 97 Town and Country on the road yesterday. DH has to do some work on the 2001 Jeep we've got over the next couple of weeks and it will be his daily driver until such time as he can find another 1 ton truck to replace his with. We're Canadian Rednecks, and DH's boss was joking he should be using the 52 Chevy Fire truck as his daily driver. I'd love to see try to find parking for that on a daily basis. If the 2000 gold T&C is written off, it's no great loss, as it was always meant to be a back up vehicle in case one of ours died. And I've got the Green T&C to drive. It just means that we're going to be sharing a vehicle for the next couple of weeks until we sort things out with the insurance agency. My accident could have been a great deal worse, and am grateful that it wasn't. I was reassured by the police that the other driver is 100% at fault and they were going to see to it that the other drivers insurance will pay for the repairs to my vehicle. This is the worst accident I've had in over 15+ years. Added bonus is that I did it in front of other drivers that I'm friends with at the school. Fun stuff all around. Let us all hope that my year get's better from here. So says the eternal optimist.
Oh my you have been through a lot a few short days. I am glad everyone is ok and I just have to say I agree with your DH's boss, take the ChevyYou all stay safe and hope you find a new vehicle soon. There is something to be said for that eternal optimism you have. . . it got me multiple trips to Disney this year

Hope everyone else is doing well
Commando Member #216

Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #2697
songbird123
Missing the mouse!

Quote:
Michelle you are member #224 I see you have a upcoming solo trip, care to share any details
YAY! I'm a member! Thank you! Well, I have already a first draft schedule LOL!!

Monday July 1:

Fly into Orlando Airport from Birmingham

Check-in at Pop Century

Downtown Disney including dinner at Planet Hollywood and DisneyQuest

Tuesday July 2:

Breakfast in food court

Epcot-Future World

World Showcase

Lunch at Chefs de France

Dinner at Yorkshire Co. Fish Shop

Illuminations

Wednesday July 3:

Breakfast in food court

Hollywood Studios

Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In

8 pm-Get a seat for Fantasmic

9 pm-Fantasmic

Dinner in food court

Thursday July 4:

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's at The Contemporary

Magic Kingdom

Dinner at Crystal Palace

Fireworks show

Friday July 5:

Breakfast in food court

Animal Kingdom

Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge

Saturday July 6:

Breakfast in food court

Check-out of Pop Century

Fly into Birmingham Airport

POFQ-Nov 2004-Went back for more magic!

Pop Century-Dec 2014-FINALLY going back!!!
songbird123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #2698
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
YAY! I'm a member! Thank you! Well, I have already a first draft schedule LOL!!

Monday July 1:

Fly into Orlando Airport from Birmingham

Check-in at Pop Century

Downtown Disney including dinner at Planet Hollywood and DisneyQuest

Tuesday July 2:

Breakfast in food court

Epcot-Future World

World Showcase

Lunch at Chefs de France

Dinner at Yorkshire Co. Fish Shop

Illuminations

Wednesday July 3:

Breakfast in food court

Hollywood Studios

Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In

8 pm-Get a seat for Fantasmic

9 pm-Fantasmic

Dinner in food court

Thursday July 4:

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's at The Contemporary

Magic Kingdom

Dinner at Crystal Palace

Fireworks show

Friday July 5:

Breakfast in food court

Animal Kingdom

Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge

Saturday July 6:

Breakfast in food court

Check-out of Pop Century

Fly into Birmingham Airport
Sweet your going to be there for 4th of July that's AWESOME I'm sure they will have some kind of cool Limited Time Only thing going on that week

Just incase you did not know Whispering Canyon only serves the Skillet only now at dinner I love it there but we had to change our ADR last trip since the Skillet didn't work for us

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #2699
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post

This week for the Limited Time Only they are doing Winter Wonderland in Canada, with SNOW, They are also doing Character Meet & Greets in Canada which is rare in itself, I can't say I ever did a M&G in Canada,Besides a pic with the Santa during the Christmas Time Storytellers

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #2700
songbird123
Missing the mouse!

Well, I've looked at the dinner menu for Whispering Canyon Cafe and I'm kinda stoked about the skillet! LOL I'm going to have to be careful with having the dining plan on this trip though, so I don't gain 20 pounds! LOL But I've never had the dining plan before and I'm very excited about it! And with all the walking I'll be doing it should (hopefully) even out. LOL

POFQ-Nov 2004-Went back for more magic!

Pop Century-Dec 2014-FINALLY going back!!!
songbird123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: