Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #2671
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Great thread! Don't know how I have missed this one! We are all 4 TPC's and I am not sure if we would be capable of doing a non-commando trip... Definitely subbing to this one!

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #2672
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
Great thread! Don't know how I have missed this one! We are all 4 TPC's and I am not sure if we would be capable of doing a non-commando trip... Definitely subbing to this one!
You are member #223, I see you have a upcoming trip, care to share any details
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #2673
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

since I was off today and my son was home sick we went over our next Disney trip, He want's to stay at the Herbie Hotel (All star Movies), For some dinners he wants to go to The place with the animals (Boma's), The Hawaii place (Ohana's), & The Chinese place on top of the store in Japan (Teppen Edo)

Besides all the Disney parks, He wants to go to Seaworld, Gatorland, Busch Gardens & Legoland, I asked about Universial he said no I can't stand Harry potter Glad he told me that I was going to get 2day tickets for US
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #2674
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
since I was off today and my son was home sick we went over our next Disney trip, He want's to stay at the Herbie Hotel (All star Movies), For some dinners he wants to go to The place with the animals (Boma's), The Hawaii place (Ohana's), & The Chinese place on top of the store in Japan (Teppen Edo)

Besides all the Disney parks, He wants to go to Seaworld, Gatorland, Busch Gardens & Legoland, I asked about Universial he said no I can't stand Harry potter Glad he told me that I was going to get 2day tickets for US
I love his restaurant descriptions, Disney should use him for their website

@ his opinion of HP. After the first 2 movies I was over it. I want to go see HP at US when I go, but after that I'm going right back over to get on the Hulk! Glad you didnt get those tickets tho. It's amazing what you find out how your kids really feel or think about stuff, 9 times out of 10 parents never have it right It's not our fault, kids are sometimy like that
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #2675
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I love his restaurant descriptions, Disney should use him for their website

@ his opinion of HP. After the first 2 movies I was over it. I want to go see HP at US when I go, but after that I'm going right back over to get on the Hulk! Glad you didnt get those tickets tho. It's amazing what you find out how your kids really feel or think about stuff, 9 times out of 10 parents never have it right It's not our fault, kids are sometimy like that
It's almost a different language, for Big Thunder Mountain he calls it The Dinosaur Train, He calls The World Showcase Players - The Funny Guys, and Expedition Everest - The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride Now I may be guilty of why he calls some things around WDW what he does, He has been going since he was 2 and when he was tall enough to go on some rides I may have changed the name of the ride so he would not be scared, even though he now knows the real name of the rides he still calls a lot of them by what I told him they were to get him on it, I guess this will be something he may always remember

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #2676
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's almost a different language, for Big Thunder Mountain he calls it The Dinosaur Train, He calls The World Showcase Players - The Funny Guys, and Expedition Everest - The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride Now I may be guilty of why he calls some things around WDW what he does, He has been going since he was 2 and when he was tall enough to go on some rides I may have changed the name of the ride so he would not be scared, even though he now knows the real name of the rides he still calls a lot of them by what I told him they were to get him on it, I guess this will be something he may always remember
"The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride" I am sooooooo using this I'm sorry, I won't be much help if I were to meet your son I would just encourage him, because these names my friend are priceless
That's exactly what your doing, building memories for him, more importantly, DISNEY memories and those are precious

"Theme park tickets: $369.96. Project Imagineer: $100,000 salary. Getting your child to enjoy their childhood by telling them the scary Yeti has a toothache. . . PRICELESS"
Commando Member #216

Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #2677
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Welcome.

Quote:

Still haven't done those other areas. Somehow, the power of Disney just keeps me on property. Having second thoughts about our Easter trip. Projections are 9s and even though we are picking the "more recommended" theme parks, it sounds way too crowded.

Quote:
May be guilty?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #2678
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are member #223, I see you have a upcoming trip, care to share any details
Yay!! We are headed out at the end of February and can NOT wait! Needless to say work is suffering due to Disney planning and a SEVERE case of WDW Fever! This will be our first trip with NO stroller for the kids as they are old enough to deal with all the walking. It's been 3 years since our last trip to the World as we took 2 years off to do DCL and last year the DH decided he would rather go skiing. We had already planned a trip to the World, and as you can imagine, the ski trip was the WORST (although most memorable) vacay ever. That is what happens when you cancel on the Mouse!

Sooooo... With no stroller to have to maneuver around, we will be even MORE commando that our previous trips! We'll be sending kids off to collect FPs and all kinds of fun!

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #2679
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Now I know why the Yeti is so grumpy!

About Universal Studios and other parks: I understand the power of Disney, but it shouldn't restrain people from trying all that Orlando has to offer!
I've been to Orlando 5 times, just a few compared with most on the DIS boards and on this thread, but I've tried to get the whole experience on each of those trips.

In my 1st trip in 1989 (when I was 5) we did MK, Epcot, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center. MGM Studios had just opened and my parents didn't know much about it and didn't think it would be very interesting to a kid!

And since my second trip in 1994 we did all available Disney parks, all available Universal parks and Sea World in every trip. Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center where skipped a couple of times each due to being shorter trips and Gatorland I'll visit for the first time in a couple of weeks exactly!

Universal and Sea World are different from Disney, but they are all pretty amazing parks! Some attractions like the Sea World shows, animal experiences and Shark Encounter are unforgettable! As are some of Universal's and IoA's rides like Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Jurassic Park the Ride! I'm sure all of HP's area should be amazing as well (I'm a huge HP fan), but it was still under construction, so I'll finally see it in a couple of weeks!

I believe that everyone should at least make a visit and try out these other parks. You'll probably be surprised!

Ron, I think that even if your DS doesn't like HP, he might love some of the other rides, like those I mentioned and others like Despicable Me (which I'm very eager to try out! )

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #2680
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Yay!! We are headed out at the end of February and can NOT wait! Needless to say work is suffering due to Disney planning and a SEVERE case of WDW Fever! This will be our first trip with NO stroller for the kids as they are old enough to deal with all the walking.

Sooooo... With no stroller to have to maneuver around, we will be even MORE commando that our previous trips! We'll be sending kids off to collect FPs and all kinds of fun!
No strollers. That was a great first for us as well. Last trip was another first for us - no backpack.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #2681
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post

Now I know why the Yeti is so grumpy!

About Universal Studios and other parks: I understand the power of Disney, but it shouldn't restrain people from trying all that Orlando has to offer!
I've been to Orlando 5 times, just a few compared with most on the DIS boards and on this thread, but I've tried to get the whole experience on each of those trips.

In my 1st trip in 1989 (when I was 5) we did MK, Epcot, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center. MGM Studios had just opened and my parents didn't know much about it and didn't think it would be very interesting to a kid!

And since my second trip in 1994 we did all available Disney parks, all available Universal parks and Sea World in every trip. Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center where skipped a couple of times each due to being shorter trips and Gatorland I'll visit for the first time in a couple of weeks exactly!

Universal and Sea World are different from Disney, but they are all pretty amazing parks! Some attractions like the Sea World shows, animal experiences and Shark Encounter are unforgettable! As are some of Universal's and IoA's rides like Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Jurassic Park the Ride! I'm sure all of HP's area should be amazing as well (I'm a huge HP fan), but it was still under construction, so I'll finally see it in a couple of weeks!

I believe that everyone should at least make a visit and try out these other parks. You'll probably be surprised!

Ron, I think that even if your DS doesn't like HP, he might love some of the other rides, like those I mentioned and others like Despicable Me (which I'm very eager to try out! )
I agree with you abut trying new parks, This year our new one to try will be Lego Land (DS loves his lego, the Lego store in DTD is a must do at least twice every time we go to WDW, so he should really love this place)

Sea World & Busch Gardens we have passes for all owned Sea World owned parks so we always visit them whenever we can, hey it's a free day

As far as Universial, we go often enough that we can do it on a upcoming trip, since most of the rides are geared for older kids, he will most likely want to go in future trips, Just gives me another reason to plan another trip

Eduardo I hope you and Bruna have a Magical Time on your trip, and everything you have been planing for months know all comes together with many extra surprises

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #2682
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I agree with you abut trying new parks, This year our new one to try will be Lego Land (DS loves his lego, the Lego store in DTD is a must do at least twice every time we go to WDW, so he should really love this place)

Sea World & Busch Gardens we have passes for all owned Sea World owned parks so we always visit them whenever we can, hey it's a free day

As far as Universial, we go often enough that we can do it on a upcoming trip, since most of the rides are geared for older kids, he will most likely want to go in future trips, Just gives me another reason to plan another trip
I want to try the others, but have been spoiled by Disney transportation. After driving all the way there, I get to park it and forget it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #2683
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hey, guess what i just started??? My very first PTR!!!
I hope to my Commando family proud as I have no idea how this is going to go, but I am excited. My dream is coming true and I am super thankful and super excited!!! Stop by if you can. I am still learning about posting pics and all that so that may take a minute, but this is my first thread (well, other than the test thread I made, but that doesnt count )
Commando Member #216

Old 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #2684
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I want to try the others, but have been spoiled by Disney transportation. After driving all the way there, I get to park it and forget it.
Disney has made me an amusment park snob

We've been to WDW 5x since 2007 and we did Sea World 2x. We'll do it again and prob do Universal when my youngest gets a bit older.

WDW just has soooo much to do and make it so easy to get around via their transportation options.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #2685
songbird123
Missing the mouse!

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am a WDW Commando. LOL Just discovered this thread and I would love to be in the club! I LOVE planning my WDW trip down to the detail...it's just part of the fun!!

POFQ-Nov 2004-Went back for more magic!

Pop Century-Dec 2014-FINALLY going back!!!
songbird123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: