Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #2656
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Just checked AAA to see what kind of offer they are giving for the month of Jan, this is there big Disney push for the year, all it is saying is receive a special gift card if you book your trip before Jan 31, guess I'll have to stop by the local office and see my TA to find out exactly what this gift card is about
There is a thread that is talking about FD changing to: No FD for Value resorts and QSDP for Mod and Dlx resorts. I guess it's a rumor but the person who made this statement, I guess tends to be accurate. I say that to shed some light on why the AAA offer may lack details and possibly (though I truly hope not) also may be lacking in true value.
I LOVE Disney! BUT while I don't mind no discounts or stingy ones (ok, I mind a little bc I shop for deals) I DO mind the ridiculous price hikes AND lack of discounts. Mind you, I'm not even really into FD. I just hope as the year goes on, they will surprise us with different and just as good or better deals. Keep us posted on what you find out.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #2657
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
There is a thread that is talking about FD changing to: No FD for Value resorts and QSDP for Mod and Dlx resorts. I guess it's a rumor but the person who made this statement, I guess tends to be accurate. I say that to shed some light on why the AAA offer may lack details and possibly (though I truly hope not) also may be lacking in true value.
I LOVE Disney! BUT while I don't mind no discounts or stingy ones (ok, I mind a little bc I shop for deals) I DO mind the ridiculous price hikes AND lack of discounts. Mind you, I'm not even really into FD. I just hope as the year goes on, they will surprise us with different and just as good or better deals. Keep us posted on what you find out.

The one great thing about booking with AAA is after you book if Disney offers a new promo they will honor it, of course Disney's requirement is that the vacation must be booked with non discounted rate, but if they offer FD it's goining to cost me about $100 more, but it will be equal to the price if I booked with Disney, now say the AAA promo is a $50 GC even if Disney comes up with a promo later on you still get to keep it along with any other AAA perk
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #2658
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The one great thing about booking with AAA is after you book if Disney offers a new promo they will honor it, of course Disney's requirement is that the vacation must be booked with non discounted rate, but if they offer FD it's goining to cost me about $100 more, but it will be equal to the price if I booked with Disney, now say the AAA promo is a $50 GC even if Disney comes up with a promo later on you still get to keep it along with any other AAA perk
Wow. That's cool, I'm confused , but it sounds like a win win
Commando Member #216

Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #2659
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Wow. That's cool, I'm confused , but it sounds like a win win
Basically, you are not supposed to be able to get Free Dining and a discounted room. Disney will change it to let you have one or the other. With AAA, you can still make the change and get to keep the gift card.

We haven't done dining plans for several years now and are much happier without it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #2660
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Basically, you are not supposed to be able to get Free Dining and a discounted room. Disney will change it to let you have one or the other. With AAA, you can still make the change and get to keep the gift card.

We haven't done dining plans for several years now and are much happier without it.
Got it!
Commando Member #216

Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #2661
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day OMG, I am hoping and praying this will work out for me. I was hoping that my refund from school would help me with the trip for hunny and I in Nov and then my mom and I in Dec. I am still looking for work as well, but this is just such a great opportunity!!! I had to share with my commandos first. Now I will be stalking the conference site to see when they announce what tickets and tours are included My mom is going to be super surprised!!!
Commando Member #216

Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #2662
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day OMG, I am hoping and praying this will work out for me. I was hoping that my refund from school would help me with the trip for hunny and I in Nov and then my mom and I in Dec. I am still looking for work as well, but this is just such a great opportunity!!! I had to share with my commandos first. Now I will be stalking the conference site to see when they announce what tickets and tours are included My mom is going to be super surprised!!!
That's awesome!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #2663
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Cool, when is the conference
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #2664
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Cool, when is the conference
Oh, sorry, May 8-12. The Flower and Garden Festival will be going on and that's cool as I have not been to see that in eons!
Commando Member #216

Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #2665
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Oh, sorry, May 8-12. The Flower and Garden Festival will be going on and that's cool as I have not been to see that in eons!
Awesome, I have never been there during F&GF, I would love to go check it out one of these years, just afraid of how my hay fever would react to it

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2666
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day ibes
That would be a great Mother's Day gift. Congrats.

Quote:
Awesome, I have never been there during F&GF, I would love to go check it out one of these years, just afraid of how my hay fever would react to it
We have been then a few times and I survive. I don't know Disney's policy, but you de-pollen a flower to lower allergies.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #2667
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hardly remember it because it was from one of our trips a loooooooong time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That would be a great Mother's Day gift. Congrats.

Thanks, I hope so. I haven't been able to provide a mother-daughter activity in awhile. She took me with her to Baltimore last year and we usually do one play a year at least, but I am excited to surprise her again because she does like surprises, so inset Disney magic

We have been then a few times and I survive. I don't know Disney's policy, but you de-pollen a flower to lower allergies.
I will be bringing plenty of Allergy aids as well as my inhaler, but after the first travel day, I should be just fine.
My major concern right now is that the schedule of events is not up yet so I can't make any ADR's I have planned our arrival and departure day events a little but I want to do BOG dinner and the dessert party as well as the Fantasmic! dinner package. I especially want to get the Fantasmic! package together it would get it out of the way for Dec trip and open some time.
Commando Member #216

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #2668
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I hardly remember it because it was from one of our trips a loooooooong time ago.

I will be bringing plenty of Allergy aids as well as my inhaler, but after the first travel day, I should be just fine.
My major concern right now is that the schedule of events is not up yet so I can't make any ADR's I have planned our arrival and departure day events a little but I want to do BOG dinner and the dessert party as well as the Fantasmic! dinner package. I especially want to get the Fantasmic! package together it would get it out of the way for Dec trip and open some time.
We did the Fantasmic deal a couple years ago. I would not recommend eating at Hollywood & Vine (had to be the worst place we ever ate at in WDW), I can't say anything either way about Mama Melrose or The Brown Derby since I never have been to either one

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #2669
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did the Fantasmic deal a couple years ago. I would not recommend eating at Hollywood & Vine (had to be the worst place we ever ate at in WDW), I can't say anything either way about Mama Melrose or The Brown Derby since I never have been to either one
I want to try Mama Melrose's, I had heard bad things about HV and since I do not have little ones that young, I was more thank ok with avoiding it. I have to wait and see if there will be a wishes dessert party or not though. Since this came about at the last minute (i.e. within 180 days ) I now have to put everything together and i will start making ressies next month once I have all my finances together. Good thing I have been planning trips huh? I am much more prepared than I would have been and that's good because my mom is NOT a commando and I know she wants to relax so I can plan a nice relaxed pace.
Commando Member #216

Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #2670
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Ok, I did it, I made ***cue the music*** DINING RESERVATIONS Awww yeah, it's official now, I'm going to the world ya'll! Thanks for keeping my hope alive guys. I really appreciate it. I start school next week so I may not be on as much (I may be as much , I mean I probably should try not to, ya know, I may want to study, ). I just wanted to say how much I really appreciate you guys sharing in the Disney love with me. When I came to the Dis, I was just planning to keep my spirits up. Now, I have 3, count em, 3 tentative trips, I am able to be in school full time AND though I am still looking for work, I am very hopeful and feel confident. We don't know one another but through cyber space, but I really thank God for you folks. I just really wanted to let you all know
Commando Member #216

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: