Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #2596
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I thought it was just being re-located somewhere else within the park.
The original rumor a few months back was they were doing away with the show all together, but since then and during my Nov trip I did notice a big push on FOLK by CM's in AK including the bus drivers when you got dropped off, It would make sense for them to keep the show, especially now with the extra awareness of it, I haven't heard of them moving location, but they are up to something since they have now extended a extra 9 months
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #2597
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Just wondering if anyone who has gone to WDW in the last few months is collecting the Sorcerers of The MK Game Cards, and if you have any doubles if you would be willing to trade them,

Since a lot of Commando members are also DisDad members (including myself) what I was thinking was having the 2 clubs Team up to trade cards, I know there is a tread that does trading, but I for one don't know who I'm trading with, With this we are familiar with some of the posters and would be more comfortable with completing a trade
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #2598
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Alrighty my Commandos, how about a little pre-trip planning?
Now I know you all are going to think me a little crazy ya know, with me being a unemployed about to be FT student and all However, I was looking over the plans that hunny and I had for our (prayerfully) 2013 Nov trip and I looked at the Platinum dining plan. I could add a night to our 8-night trip and do 3 nights at AK Villas value studio for $300 and then a 3-night AK villa 1 bedroom with a room discount and THEN 3-nights at BLT with a lake view some-kind-of-room I can afford, lol. I will purchase tickets (since I have to) for the Platinum plan and upgrade them to the PAP's. Now I lose the $65 discount per PAP I could have gotten by purchasing through UT, but I save a whoooooooole lot on the excursions we had wanted to do. For the price I was going to pay for 1 of us (him) to do the RP Exotic drive, parasailing for us both and the upcharge for switching to BLT, I now get La Nouba, a few tours, a few more water activites AND free deluxe-style dining that includes V&A's!

So this is what the plan looks like so far:

Friday Day 1: Arrival (AKL) Platinum
 Arrival via ME
 Upgrade tickets to PAP and check-in
 Lunch @ Fulton’s ($25pp)
 Sightseeing around DTD/Shopping
 5:30p.m. La Nouba
 Illuminations Cruise
 9:30p.m. Dinner @ Marrakesh ($40pp)
 Snacks: Goofy’s, Ghiradelli’s
Saturday Day 2: Platinum
 8:05a.m. Breakfast @ Crystal Palace ($23pp)
 MK touring
 Parasailing
 Noon Epcot Aqua Seas Tour
 5:30p.m. V&A’s
 (*Optional: EMH/Disney Quest/Splitsville)
 Snacks: Aloha Isle, Boulangeri
Sunday Day 3: Platinum
 7:30a.m. Breakfast @ Boma ($31pp)
 9 a.m. Church @ Main Gate COC
 10:15a.m. RP Experience
 1:30p.m. Lunch @ Teppan Edo ($40pp)
 Behind the Seeds
 Spa
 Horseback riding/Biking/Water Excursion
 8:45p.m. Dinner @ Cali. Grill ($60pp)
 Snacks: Boulangeri, Karamel Kuche
Monday Day 4: Platinum
 8:15a.m. Backstage Magic Tour (Includes Lunch @ Whispering Canyon)
 4:45p.m. Dinner @ Mama Melrose ($40pp)
 6:30p.m. Fantasmic! Priority Seating
 11p.m. In-Room Service Breakfast
 Snacks: Cupcakes, Beignets

Now I figure a taxi to V&A's, we already have to get a taxi for church and I can bring our clothes to change for Cali Grill later. I have pretty much a hour planned (at least) in between each activity. The times I did put down, are the times I want to arrive (for example the excursion Saturday starts at 12:30 but I plan to get there by noon). Soooo what say you all? Thanks guys!!!
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #2599
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Now I know you all are going to think me a little crazy ya know,

 Arrival via ME
 Illuminations Cruise
 MK touring
 Parasailing
 Behind the Seeds
 Spa
!!!
What a mega touring plan! It sure does sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of $. I really want to try V&As. Maybe one day.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #2600
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
What a mega touring plan! It sure does sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of $. I really want to try V&As. Maybe one day.
Hi Norm!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #2601
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You got that right on the money part. I'm going to wait to post full totals because I have not broken down the true cost of the PAP's (I will be using mine 3 times and hunny will use his twice). It looks to be $3400 for the 9 nights (3 on Platinum plan, 6 on discount). Just round up to $4000 because of the Chef's Table upgrade, the RP experience upgrade, incidentals and Emergency money. Add about $800 for round trip airfare for 2 from MI (still looking for deals). Add approximately another $500 for food, $1200 for spending (hunny thinks I am ridiculous, but hey this is my go-hard-or-go-home trip, lol I doubt if I spend that much) and about $800 for the ticket upgrades and we have oooohhhh around $7300 which we can round to $7500. That's also 2 days at Universal. Not too shabby considering my VERY first plan was looking closer to $9000. I'm cutting funds everyday too, I promise!
I have not been to Disney in a very long time and it is a family tradition. Two days before my last trip I had to cancel because of a very horrendous event that happened to me. It has taken time for that wound to heal AND for me to get back to WDW dreaming let alone the world. I have done $500 trips and trips I'm sure granny paid far above in the 5 digit thousands for other trips we took as a family. This trip is not about the money, it's about time. I'm doing it right ya know? Making the most while I can, when I can.
Commando Member #216

Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #2602
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Now I know you all are going to think me a little crazy ya know, with me being a unemployed about to be FT student and all However, I was looking over the plans that hunny and I had for our (prayerfully) 2013 Nov trip and I looked at the Platinum dining plan. I could add a night to our 8-night trip and do 3 nights at AK Villas value studio for $300 and then a 3-night AK villa 1 bedroom with a room discount and THEN 3-nights at BLT with a lake view some-kind-of-room I can afford, lol. I will purchase tickets (since I have to) for the Platinum plan and upgrade them to the PAP's. Now I lose the $65 discount per PAP I could have gotten by purchasing through UT, but I save a whoooooooole lot on the excursions we had wanted to do. For the price I was going to pay for 1 of us (him) to do the RP Exotic drive, parasailing for us both and the upcharge for switching to BLT, I now get La Nouba, a few tours, a few more water activites AND free deluxe-style dining that includes V&A's!

 Arrival via ME
 Illuminations Cruise
 MK touring
 Parasailing
 Behind the Seeds
 Spa

Now I figure a taxi to V&A's, we already have to get a taxi for church and I can bring our clothes to change for Cali Grill later. I have pretty much a hour planned (at least) in between each activity. The times I did put down, are the times I want to arrive (for example the excursion Saturday starts at 12:30 but I plan to get there by noon). Soooo what say you all? Thanks guys!!!
Wow with all the tours and extra activities, you sure are planning to take advantage of all WDW has to offer

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #2603
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Wow with all the tours and extra activities, you sure are planning to take advantage of all WDW has to offer
You bet your bottom dollar (or mine, ) The spa we were going to do, the boat to see Illuminations I wanted but refused to pay that much and we usually eat at least 1 TS a day. So by adding an additional day and looking over what was offered, I figured best to take full advantage as I don't see doing this again anytime soon. This is hunny's first real vacation in years though, so I know it's worth it.
Commando Member #216

Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #2604
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
You bet your bottom dollar (or mine, ) The spa we were going to do, the boat to see Illuminations I wanted but refused to pay that much and we usually eat at least 1 TS a day. So by adding an additional day and looking over what was offered, I figured best to take full advantage as I don't see doing this again anytime soon. This is hunny's first real vacation in years though, so I know it's worth it.
You probably have more scheduled in this one vacation than we have done in all the times we have visisted WDW. I want to eat at V&A, safari trek, segway tour, parasail, and behind the seeds. Maybe one day.

Keep us posted and post pics. I would enjoy following this trip report.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #2605
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
With the Platinum package all these things are included right, now how much does the Platinum package cost per day

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #2606
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
You probably have more scheduled in this one vacation than we have done in all the times we have visisted WDW. I want to eat at V&A, safari trek, segway tour, parasail, and behind the seeds. Maybe one day.

Hey Norm one day when we are there at the same time we should rent the Grand One and drink Johnny Walker Blue, figure for the two of us with family, it would be $260 each family for a hour

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #2607
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am going to do my very first TR with this trip. I am waiting until I book the rooms/ pkg to start an official PTR and then the trip is set to happen in Nov.
I really had no compelling desire to visit V&A's. I love food, and trying new foods and fine dining is wonderful, it just has never really appealed to me. However, after seeing that it is included (although I plan to upgrade to the Chef's Table) I would think it a waste to pass up.

Quote:
With the Platinum package all these things are included right, now how much does the Platinum package cost per day
The Platinum pkg is $250pp/ per day and requires a 3 night minimum. And yes everything is included. Ignore my numbers next to some of the restaurants, that was my approximate OOP amount based on we would order. 3 meals (app, entree, dessert, drink) and 2 snacks, however Sig meals are only one credit instead of 2. One of the tours a day covers the cost of the Platinum pkg. Although you have to pay rack rate for a room at a Deluxe, you can easily just get the cheapest room in that category for a few nights and then change to a discounted rate for the rest of the trip. The cost of paying rack rate more than makes up for the food portion of the package. It's like getting free deluxe dining.
I have heard a lot of people get upgrades (even outside of the Dis) by going Platinum. I am ok with the $300 value studio villa, but I booked this portion of our trip first for two reasons. 1. Perhaps they just upgrade me to the room I am going to pay for (with a AP discount of course) on the second part of my trip and that way I don't have to change rooms. 2. We could get a lot of our jam packed days out of the way and focus on touring/ relaxing the rest of the time.
Commando Member #216

Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #2608
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey Norm one day when we are there at the same time we should rent the Grand One and drink Johnny Walker Blue, figure for the two of us with family, it would be $260 each family for a hour
Not to move in on the boys club but since we all seem to go around the same time of year, I can share the fireworks boat. As the time gets closer, you guys let me know. Plus it's always good to have a Dis meet.
Commando Member #216

Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #2609
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Sounds good, but we'll have to pick something different than scotch. Although, as I've tried the black label and red label, is the blue that much better? I'm making my way through the bourbon bar and have a new favorite now.

Quote:
I am going to do my very first TR with this trip. I am waiting until I book the rooms/ pkg to start an official PTR and then the trip is set to happen in Nov.
I really had no compelling desire to visit V&A's. I love food, and trying new foods and fine dining is wonderful, it just has never really appealed to me. However, after seeing that it is included (although I plan to upgrade to the Chef's Table) I would think it a waste to pass up.
I love food too and trying new foods sounds great. Also, I would do the wine pairings. I have a co-worker who goes every year or so, and her whole family does the chef table. She has told me about all the courses and I can only imagine the price tag. I think DW and I will just try it one year.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #2610
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Not to move in on the boys club but since we all seem to go around the same time of year, I can share the fireworks boat. As the time gets closer, you guys let me know. Plus it's always good to have a Dis meet.
I'm always up for a Dis meet, Thanks for the offer but this year it looks like we will be there August 4-14, this year we will be there for my Son's 8th Birthday & Our 10th Wedding Anniversary, I'd rather go in the fall but it's not often you can bang out 2 big days in one trip,

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: