Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #2506
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Thurs Nov 8th

- Bus to MK, got off bus headed to the Boat transportation info booth, like 7 boat CM's hanging around asked if they had any cards one took out some cards in a rubber band and said that is ALL the Boat cards
- Now the answer to the Who is the CM It is Barbara you can find her on Main Street driving a vehicle, is a Main Street icon, has been there for years

- Sorcerers cards
- Jungle Cruise
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Alladin & Jasmine M&G
- Woody & Jess M&G
- BTM
- Haircut at noon Dapper Dans did not show (but they made up for it on Sat)
- After haircut took the monorail to T&T and got on a bus to AK for awhile
- FOLK
- Camp Mickey M&Gs
- Pocohantis M&G
- My son and I had Guitar Dan sing to my wife that she was the best Mom in the world
- Russell & Dug M&G
- Jingle Jangle Parade
- off to AKL for a 4:55 add at Boma's we were a little early so we toured the safari area in the back

- After dinner back to MK open till 1am
- Jungle cruise
- Tiki Room
- BTM
- Buzz SRS
- Monsters Inc Laugh Factory
- Space Mountain
- Castle pics
- Fairy M&G
- BTM
- Buzz SRS
- Princess M&G
- Pics on Main Street
- a little shopping, park closed, back to the resort
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 11-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #2507
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
From Disney Commando

Game Time Who is the CM? hint can be found on MS in MK leavaing MK for AK just got our haircut & scored ALL the boat & bus cards today so far

Answer - The CM is Barbara she has been working for WDW for many years, you can find her on Main Street driving the vehicles, this is one of the few CM's we get to sign our book, since we ride the Main Street vehicles all the time we have talked to her a lot, she is very friendly and knowledgeable always enjoy talking with her
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #2508
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I didn't know they knew what resort the mug came from We got the mugs free last trip it was included in the package, I ended up filling them around 6am for breakfast, got my wife coffee but she really didn't like the brand, I got coke and mixed it with some rum as a morning wake me up before we left Unless you plan on staying at the resort all day at $15 I really can't see them being worth it since you can't refill them at the parks

We got a stroller for my son after the 1st day, just so he could take cat naps along the way, he was full of energy but he did bomb out every once and awhile, that was shopping time, he is 7 but I really don't want to have to carry him around when he got tired, my back would have been shot
Well, yeah depending on how often you go and if your going to be staying at the resort a lot, the cost is pretty high. He was talking about filling them up at other resorts i.e. staying at POP but filling up at AoA. Like I said, perhaps the DIS may not like me saying that, I'm not condoning (or condemning) that choice, I was just noting that they did not say the name of the resort where the mug was purchased.

They don't have Mom strollers, darn (at just under 45, she might not appreciate that joke)
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #2509
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando

Unless you plan on staying at the resort all day at $15 I really can't see them being worth it since you can't refill them at the parks
I dunno, I think I probably come pretty close. I drink a LOT ... And not just adult beverages. LOL

I'll normally have coffee and a cold drink at breakfast, I go back to the resort for a few hours midday and might have two cups full by the pool and in my room, and I get back from the parks before nine and probably have some hot choc and a cold drink or two. How much are sodas and water and coffee if you bought them?
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #2510
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
I dunno, I think I probably come pretty close. I drink a LOT ... And not just adult beverages. LOL

I'll normally have coffee and a cold drink at breakfast, I go back to the resort for a few hours midday and might have two cups full by the pool and in my room, and I get back from the parks before nine and probably have some hot choc and a cold drink or two. How much are sodas and water and coffee if you bought them?
For myself it would be well worth it if they did like other parks, bigger cup with 99cent refills that you could get at any of the parks, but leaving the resort by 8 and not getting back to at least 12midnite there is not a big window to use the mug, since we drive I keep a few 12pks of soda in the car that we can bring to the parks, I think a soda in the parks is like $3

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #2511
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When are you going? How many in your party? I can tell you the way I figured to get all the meet & greets, parade and fireworks done if you like, I think it will work I was not able to complete since I went back to the room ill, but my wife and son left at around 11pm and pretty much got everything done, minus a couple of meet & greets that my son just didn't want to do
Sorry, somehow missed your post. DH, DD and I are going on Dec 11. Did you happen to keep a times guide? Is there a times guide just for the party? It's is our first MVMCP!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #2512
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Sorry, somehow missed your post. DH, DD and I are going on Dec 11. Did you happen to keep a times guide? Is there a times guide just for the party? It's is our first MVMCP!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I do have maps with the time guide, see your PM's

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2513
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:

For myself it would be well worth it if they did like other parks, bigger cup with 99cent refills that you could get at any of the parks, but leaving the resort by 8 and not getting back to at least 12midnite there is not a big window to use the mug, since we drive I keep a few 12pks of soda in the car that we can bring to the parks, I think a soda in the parks is like $3
I can totally understand that. If most times I had anyone with me, I'd surely lose bucks on the cup. I like to be in the resort early (ish?) by nine, and even that one change would make the cups not worth it each day.

Now. If only they had a gin & tonic fountain ... That would be another thing entirely!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #2514
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I can totally understand that. If most times I had anyone with me, I'd surely lose bucks on the cup. I like to be in the resort early (ish?) by nine, and even that one change would make the cups not worth it each day.

Now. If only they had a gin & tonic fountain ... That would be another thing entirely!
This trip was kinda funny at the end we had 4QS and 1 snack we still had to use Go figure we were eating all the time, we just couldn't use all our credits with such long days

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #2515
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

Yes if they had something like a bar mug, I might make a effort to be at the resort more, I would buy one from a resort on the monorail line I'd hate to see the price of it though

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #2516
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This trip was kinda funny at the end we had 4QS and 1 snack we still had to use Go figure we were eating all the time, we just couldn't use all our credits with such long days
Can I ask how you all used the remaining QS credits? There is a snack credit thread on here, but I think we need a QS/CS thread because when you have those leftover, I much rather use them on something I am actually going to eat. I think Disney needs to overhaul their Dining Plan again. It can be a savings (if you really plan right) but for far too many it's not that much of one and now has too many restrictions. Bring back including tips, lower the cost of the plan or being able to trade for snack credits. Something will have to change in 2014-2015.
Commando Member #216

Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #2517
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Yes if they had something like a bar mug, I might make a effort to be at the resort more, I would buy one from a resort on the monorail line I'd hate to see the price of it though
It would keep the bars a lot more crowded and the parks a lot less empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Can I ask how you all used the remaining QS credits? There is a snack credit thread on here, but I think we need a QS/CS thread because when you have those leftover, I much rather use them on something I am actually going to eat..
We used to get all the Mickey Krispie Treats as they survived the travel home. But, after more trips, we just stopped doing the dining plan. I added it up two trips (right, what a nerd) and the difference between what we bought and ate vs dining plan was the snack credits. I know that there is some money savings, but if I am dropping that much coin at WDW, credits are one less thing I really need to worry about.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #2518
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Can I ask how you all used the remaining QS credits? There is a snack credit thread on here, but I think we need a QS/CS thread because when you have those leftover, I much rather use them on something I am actually going to eat. I think Disney needs to overhaul their Dining Plan again. It can be a savings (if you really plan right) but for far too many it's not that much of one and now has too many restrictions. Bring back including tips, lower the cost of the plan or being able to trade for snack credits. Something will have to change in 2014-2015.
Thay morning I was playing lets make a deal, at breakfast I asked if 2 could be used as 1 TS, she said they can only be downgraded not upgraded, so I asked at a few snack stands in the park but no one knew how to do it

We were parked at the Poly so when we were leaving we stopped at Capt Cooks to get whatever we could, we were told we could get 3 snacks per QS credit, so we ordered 2 flatbread pizza QS's to go and got a variety of snacks for the train ride home, we walked out with a huge bag of food

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #2519
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It would keep the bars a lot more crowded and the parks a lot less empty.

We used to get all the Mickey Krispie Treats as they survived the travel home. But, after more trips, we just stopped doing the dining plan. I added it up two trips (right, what a nerd) and the difference between what we bought and ate vs dining plan was the snack credits. I know that there is some money savings, but if I am dropping that much coin at WDW, credits are one less thing I really need to worry about.
Your not a nerd at all, as I did the exact same thing (or perhaps I'm a little nerdy too ) In the end, exactly what you said 1. I HATE to waste, it's just not ok for me to do it, especially if I can help it 2. Who has money to throw away? If I am spending that much money on Disney, I want to spend it MY way, not Disney's way.

Quote:
Thay morning I was playing lets make a deal, at breakfast I asked if 2 could be used as 1 TS, she said they can only be downgraded not upgraded, so I asked at a few snack stands in the park but no one knew how to do it

We were parked at the Poly so when we were leaving we stopped at Capt Cooks to get whatever we could, we were told we could get 3 snacks per QS credit, so we ordered 2 flatbread pizza QS's to go and got a variety of snacks for the train ride home, we walked out with a huge bag of food
See, that's what I would do. I wish they would bring back the "snack exchange" as I called it. Where you could sub 3 snacks for 1 QS. They claim it's not allowed anymore, but from what I hear it's hit or miss. I'm glad it was a tasty hit for you guys
Commando Member #216

Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #2520
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

See, that's what I would do. I wish they would bring back the "snack exchange" as I called it. Where you could sub 3 snacks for 1 QS. They claim it's not allowed anymore, but from what I hear it's hit or miss. I'm glad it was a tasty hit for you guys
I guess it pays to keep asking, If you are going to try this it also pays to find someone who has worked their awhile that would know how to do it

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: