Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #2461
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Is there anything special anyone wants news on
What was the movie for the ride home?

Quote:
I'm going to start with the last day at Disney, 7:35 Breakfast at Ohana's with Randall

We got to Ohana's about 7:30 checked in and at 7:35 our buzzer was buzzing, Randall and Jodi were just getting off the Monorail, perfect timing, sat right down, breakfast was great I did not eat much since my stomach was not feeling that great from the night before, but bacon always makes me feel better and that juice I had more then a few glasses, During breakfast I showed Randall the cache of Transportation cards scored during the trip and he can indeed verify that there is a new set of 26 cards ( got 3 from the new set), after breakfast we headed to MK, once we got in we went over to the firehouse and we all got sorcerers cards, while looking at the cards the horse drawn trolly pulled up along with the Dapper Dan's on back, we got the back seat and we all got to wear their hats while be sung to on our ride the castle, then we went on Jungle Cruise (no wait), headed to POTC but it was closed, went to BTM (couple min wait), I thought we were going to get my DS on HM but when we got there it was closed (HM seemed to be closed every time I passed it during the week), then my wife called and said she had a spot in line for the Meredia M&G when we got there we walked rite inside, then we saw Push, it took us awhile to find the guy controlling push but we found him, then we did Monsters Inc, and the People Mover, by this time it was after 11am and we had to part, we had a GREAT time touring with Randall and his wife Jodi, it was the 1st time we did WDW with them and I can probably say it will not be the last

When we went to get our car at the Poly we still had 4QS and 1 snack credits left, we were able to turn in 1 QS for 3 snacks, we took a huge bag of snacks home with us

Did I miss anything Randall
You got it all, but you missed all the shopping Rachel did while we were playing!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #2462
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
What was the movie for the ride home?

You got it all, but you missed all the shopping Rachel did while we were playing!
It was another sleeper Hallmark's November Christmas, i was asleep on the train by 4pm, woke up around 6am missed dinner and everything

If I could play every time she wants to shop, It would work for me
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #2463
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Out of the 2 new restaurants we tried Bongo's & Boma's, Boma's is clearly the winner, lots of great foods, things I would never order just by name but when you try it , it's really good, Bongo's was a nice place but the food was not all that great, I had steak and it was really salty, my wife said what she had was nothing to write home about, and she is Spanish

So for future trips Boma's will be on our list

Total number of Transportation Cards scored this trip 41
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #2464
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Out of the 2 new restaurants we tried Bongo's & Boma's, Boma's is clearly the winner, lots of great foods, things I would never order just by name but when you try it , it's really good, Bongo's was a nice place but the food was not all that great, I had steak and it was really salty, my wife said what she had was nothing to write home about, and she is Spanish

We love Boma as welll...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #2465
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Commando Redux: Son of Commando

My annual solo trip is in two months! A few dear friends are meeting me for a few days out of my seven .... Hope they know what they're in for!

Now that I am 45, I'm totally commando ( rope drop, secret passages and all) through parade time .... then I go back to. My WDW resort for a few glasses on wine and a nap. Until its Commando Part Deux! - The evening!

Planning on a one - day commando-and-lunch tour off all the resorts this time!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #2466
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Sorry to hear about Bongos. We had a really great time and great food there, but it was 12 years ago.

Quote:
Thanks for asking Brian, Our house is fine only a few branches down, power was out for 8 days, we were lucky, a lot of people we know from my son's school lost a lot houses flooded out on 1st floor destroyed, the Barrier Island (something like 9 towns) reminds me of what Katrina looked like, IMO our Governor handled things great he is pretty tough and gave people strict guidelines on when they had to evacuate, this no doubt saved many lives. It is great to see help come from all over the US I've seen power trucks all the way from OK, and State Police from LA, many have not been able to go back to see there homes yet, I lost power for 8 days big deal, others lost EVERYTHING I would like to say things are back to normal but that will sadly be a long time away, Prayers going out to those so close to me that I could walk there in a few minutes
Glad to hear the power is back. Prayers go out to the people in the state throughout the recovery.

Quote:
I'm going to start with the last day at Disney, 7:35 Breakfast at Ohana's with Randall

We got to Ohana's about 7:30 checked in and at 7:35 our buzzer was buzzing, Randall and Jodi were just getting off the Monorail, perfect timing, sat right down, breakfast was great I did not eat much since my stomach was not feeling that great from the night before, but bacon always makes me feel better and that juice I had more then a few glasses, During breakfast I showed Randall the cache of Transportation cards scored during the trip and he can indeed verify that there is a new set of 26 cards ( got 3 from the new set), after breakfast we headed to MK, once we got in we went over to the firehouse and we all got sorcerers cards, while looking at the cards the horse drawn trolly pulled up along with the Dapper Dan's on back, we got the back seat and we all got to wear their hats while be sung to on our ride the castle, then we went on Jungle Cruise (no wait), headed to POTC but it was closed, went to BTM (couple min wait), I thought we were going to get my DS on HM but when we got there it was closed (HM seemed to be closed every time I passed it during the week), then my wife called and said she had a spot in line for the Meredia M&G when we got there we walked rite inside, then we saw Push, it took us awhile to find the guy controlling push but we found him, then we did Monsters Inc, and the People Mover, by this time it was after 11am and we had to part, we had a GREAT time touring with Randall and his wife Jodi, it was the 1st time we did WDW with them and I can probably say it will not be the last

When we went to get our car at the Poly we still had 4QS and 1 snack credits left, we were able to turn in 1 QS for 3 snacks, we took a huge bag of snacks home with us

Did I miss anything Randall
Sounds like a good day. We have met up with different friends from local area at WDW, but none know or want to tour Commando style.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #2467
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
My annual solo trip is in two months! A few dear friends are meeting me for a few days out of my seven .... Hope they know what they're in for!

Now that I am 45, I'm totally commando ( rope drop, secret passages and all) through parade time .... then I go back to. My WDW resort for a few glasses on wine and a nap. Until its Commando Part Deux! - The evening!

Planning on a one - day commando-and-lunch tour off all the resorts this time!
A solo trip Awesome, always wanted to do that but the wife and son would never even consider letting me go by myself
Doing a tour of all the resorts will take more planing then doing all 4 parks, with all the busses you would have to take, unless you have a car then it should be pretty easy, AKL is my favorite to tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Sounds like a good day. We have met up with different friends from local area at WDW, but none know or want to tour Commando style.
One of these days we will be there the same time, then everyone better look out

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #2468
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
One of these days we will be there the same time, then everyone better look out
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #2469
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hey Ron I am glad your back and that you and the family were safe as well as returned to a home Praying for all those affected!!!

Hello there to the rest of my Commando comrades. . . so, we have a commando gone overboard (i.e. ME!, lol). Here's the story. . .
You all know I have been looking for a job, well, while I didn't get the job I interviewed for a few weeks ago, I have a few more opportunities and I am really hoping and believing the job that's meant for me will soon be revealed Soooo, after I finished sulking from not getting the other job, I started to pick myself up again, by returning to planning Disney trips. One problem. . . I had already fully planned not one, but two trips (one for hunny and I and one for us and the kids). So, I tried to look at some TR and DR on here and got the bright idea to plan a trip for my mom and I. So, here I am in full commando-style planning mode planning 3 trips Now I know what you are thinking, "poor thing, she's so sad she's delusional." But no, seriously hear me out. I am naturally a planner anyway so planning all kinds of things is fun for me (My mom just called me a few days ago to plan Thanksgiving dinner, shopping, prep and the actual dinner ). So I looked at the cost of the two trips and what it would take to save up for them as well as my current bills, and it fit in well with the jobs I have been looking for. So then I looked at doing something I have ever really even liked the idea of. . . a short WDW trip, lol. I live so far from WDW, I rather take more time saving for a longer trip. However, when my mom suggested that go to WDW for Christmas ( who is this woman and what has she done with my mother bc she never just wants to go to Disney. It was always my dad's thing, not hers, and especially during the busy Christamas season ) I started thinking. . .. . . then it hit me. . . PAP's and some no expiration tickets and BAM, we're in business!!!

It's all still a dream, but you have to have dreams. Working all day/ searching for jobs all day and taking care of the family, you need to have some fun time I just thought I would share. I look at all the trips and discussions on the DIS and I am thankful that I have the memories to be able to "live" Disney through others reports. Stay happy everyone!!! Hope everyone is well
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #2470
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
) I started thinking. . .. . . then it hit me. . . PAP's and some no expiration tickets and BAM, we're in business!!!
:
Thinking usually gets me into trouble. We've thought about the APs and PAPs, but it's like flying for us, it's the cost times four. We already have the DVC dues annually, and I'm not sure I'm ready to lay out that much cash in advance as well. Good luck on the job search.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #2471
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thinking usually gets me into trouble. We've thought about the APs and PAPs, but it's like flying for us, it's the cost times four. We already have the DVC dues annually, and I'm not sure I'm ready to lay out that much cash in advance as well. Good luck on the job search.
I can understand that especially when you throw in DVC. I have no idea how the PAP's will work after the 2013-2014 year for us, but we are only getting 2 adult ones. We are going to stay for 9 nights just us, then we are going for 10 nights with the kids. With AP discounted rooms, TIW and undercovertourist, the money just works out better for us. If we were'nt going twice within the same 365 day period or if our stay were shorter, I would wing it, lol, with the regular public discounts.
Thanks
Commando Member #216

Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #2472
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
I can understand that especially when you throw in DVC. I have no idea how the PAP's will work after the 2013-2014 year for us, but we are only getting 2 adult ones. We are going to stay for 9 nights just us, then we are going for 10 nights with the kids. With AP discounted rooms, TIW and undercovertourist, the money just works out better for us. If we were'nt going twice within the same 365 day period or if our stay were shorter, I would wing it, lol, with the regular public discounts.
Thanks
This has always been my plans ^ : twice in 365 days with a min stay each time of 10 days. The break even point on AP's is 11 days. Now where mine is a little different is that I ONLY get a AP or PAP for me alone. As you can see from my ticker I don't go with the same people all the time.
When I go with DH, his maximum for the parks is 4 days, so in 2004 (I think) I bought him a 10 day+WP no exp. tickets ( there are still 5 park days and 8 extras) and I've even used his tix in Disneyland for admission too
For DD- we were at wdw for 14 days so I got her UCT- 14days ultimate UK tics, yes they expired but she wasn't going to be there for a few more years.

Remember for your discounts (parking, AP discounts etc.) you only need 1 AP tix
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #2473
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Hi Ron,
So tell us...what was up with the POTC at HS in the old Narnia building? was it open? did you seen it, go thru it????
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #2474
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
This has always been my plans ^ : twice in 365 days with a min stay each time of 10 days. The break even point on AP's is 11 days. Now where mine is a little different is that I ONLY get a AP or PAP for me alone. As you can see from my ticker I don't go with the same people all the time.
When I go with DH, his maximum for the parks is 4 days, so in 2004 (I think) I bought him a 10 day+WP no exp. tickets ( there are still 5 park days and 8 extras) and I've even used his tix in Disneyland for admission too
For DD- we were at wdw for 14 days so I got her UCT- 14days ultimate UK tics, yes they expired but she wasn't going to be there for a few more years.

Remember for your discounts (parking, AP discounts etc.) you only need 1 AP tix
Exactly. We have always stayed for at least 7n/8d usually 10. However that was when I was going with my family and it was once a year. Also we got Military tickets and usually stayed at SOG. Next year will be the first without the fam and without any military discounts.
I would get only one, except I know that hunny will be going on 2 of the three trips. I will probably purchase 10 no expiration tickets through UT though, bc I can use them for my mom and the kids at anytime for any amount of days. I know if I do the trip with mom we would use a room discount anyway. However when we take the kids we may do a split stay which may include the DP (and therefor tickets). One of the kids would be 10 the other 8 in 2014 sooooooo, we shall see. That's the general plan though. If I can keep this going, I may take a trip with hunny and I and then a big family one with the kids, that way I only have to get 2 PAP's. I cannot see getting 4 for any reason.
Commando Member #216

Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #2475
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Hey Ron I am glad your back and that you and the family were safe as well as returned to a home Praying for all those affected!!!

Hello there to the rest of my Commando comrades. . . so, we have a commando gone overboard (i.e. ME!, lol). Here's the story. . .
You all know I have been looking for a job, well, while I didn't get the job I interviewed for a few weeks ago, I have a few more opportunities and I am really hoping and believing the job that's meant for me will soon be revealed Soooo, after I finished sulking from not getting the other job, I started to pick myself up again, by returning to planning Disney trips. One problem. . . I had already fully planned not one, but two trips (one for hunny and I and one for us and the kids). So, I tried to look at some TR and DR on here and got the bright idea to plan a trip for my mom and I. So, here I am in full commando-style planning mode planning 3 trips Now I know what you are thinking, "poor thing, she's so sad she's delusional." But no, seriously hear me out. I am naturally a planner anyway so planning all kinds of things is fun for me (My mom just called me a few days ago to plan Thanksgiving dinner, shopping, prep and the actual dinner ). So I looked at the cost of the two trips and what it would take to save up for them as well as my current bills, and it fit in well with the jobs I have been looking for. So then I looked at doing something I have ever really even liked the idea of. . . a short WDW trip, lol. I live so far from WDW, I rather take more time saving for a longer trip. However, when my mom suggested that go to WDW for Christmas ( who is this woman and what has she done with my mother bc she never just wants to go to Disney. It was always my dad's thing, not hers, and especially during the busy Christamas season ) I started thinking. . .. . . then it hit me. . . PAP's and some no expiration tickets and BAM, we're in business!!!

It's all still a dream, but you have to have dreams. Working all day/ searching for jobs all day and taking care of the family, you need to have some fun time I just thought I would share. I look at all the trips and discussions on the DIS and I am thankful that I have the memories to be able to "live" Disney through others reports. Stay happy everyone!!! Hope everyone is well
Dreams are good I daydream all the time, it keeps you going, a lot of people i know think I have some crazy or stupid ideas but everyday as I look around people watching I have to say some of those crazy or stupid ideas are just plain genius

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: