Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #226
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer
 
stitchywoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LaLa land....yep. California I love you!
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucker001 View Post
It's great to see some fellow Maryland commandos here!

We changed our flight recently so now we leave for Orlando at 6:50 AM... actually my husband's idea! StitchyWoman, I'll look for you with your LGMH if you're there b/w the 17th and the 24th. I have a laminated one that I attach w/a safety pin to my backpack ( I used to wear it on my lanyard at the bottom w/my KTTW card but it hung so low I doubt anyone saw it...)



We will be in the world from the 15th through the 21st...

I've posted in the August thread, but a quick run down of day to day plans

15th MK
16th AK
17th Epcot going to Flying Fish and hang out at the boardwalk
18th HS
19th Epcot with HS for dinner and night
20th AK
21st DTD and then home...tears already just thinking about it...ick! We do Kona Kafe and Raglan road that day.

On our Epcot days if you see 3 people with LGMH acting like total dorks it is probably us drinking around the world. I have also managed to convince my beloved commandos to wear as much bright green as possible. We will be a DIS beacon! Still trying to find others to do the drinking around the world with us...so if anyone is interested look for the neon people!
__________________
Stitchywoman- DH- DD13- Angel- Khel- Oreo- Thumper-
August 2008-Disneymoon at AKL
August 2010-Anniversary, Birthday, First trip at POR
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!






"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #227
mjp12831
DIS Veteran
 
mjp12831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucker001 View Post
We changed our flight recently so now we leave for Orlando at 6:50 AM... actually my husband's idea!
Nice work on the flight change. Love the late flight out ant the early one in.

On the way down we departed at 6am - entered HS at 10:30am.

On the way back had a 7:55pm home - got off Space at 3:30 to get back to POR and catch the 4:30 ME.

Good flight planning gives us commando's lots of extra park time
__________________
POFQ July '09, POR July '10, POFQ Aug '11, POR Aug '12
DH, DW, DD11, DD10, DD8

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #228
tooh8ful
Mouseketeer
 
tooh8ful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: southern Indiana
Posts: 493

I wanna join!

I start planning our trip a year out, bounceback if possible. By the time we are at 180 days I have the park days, restaurants & times, and special events planned.
I book our airfare to leave as early as possible (7am this time) and come home as late as possible (8:50 pm!)

I then LIVE on this board until time to go. We are at 42 days
__________________
1977, 1981, 1983 off site, July 1993 CBR (yippee, finally on site!), Sept 2007 AKL, Sept 2008 POFQ, Sept 2010 POFQ, Sept 2011 CSR, June 2013 DLR, Oct 2014 DLP, Oct 2015 ASMovies
Me DD(11) DD (7)
tooh8ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #229
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch15foot View Post
first trip but going commando

anyone with ridemax wanna help out a Mac user ... dec 3 MK, dec 4 Epcot, dec 6 DHS and dec 7 AK ... wanna do everything
You are member #87. You picked a good week for your 1st trip You will be able to get huge Commando support that week, I will be arriving Dec 5 - Dec 11, also staying at All Star Movies. dvczerfs, Cinderella's Fella & several member of the Dis Dads Club will also be there. You will be in good company
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #230
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooh8ful View Post
I wanna join!

I start planning our trip a year out, bounceback if possible. By the time we are at 180 days I have the park days, restaurants & times, and special events planned.
I book our airfare to leave as early as possible (7am this time) and come home as late as possible (8:50 pm!)

I then LIVE on this board until time to go. We are at 42 days
You are member #88. Nothing wrong with getting as much time as possible on a WDW trip
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #231
adsrtw
DIS Veteran
 
adsrtw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,788

Here is my rough outline for our first full day at the World:

ADR for Cindy's at 9:20 and Chef Mickey's at 5:50

I will get to rope drop early so that I have a strategic place. If I can get in the early ADR gate, I will. I don't have any experience with ADR's near opening. No matter if we can begin our journey in holding at the castle or at RD, we will head for a FP first (either PP or SM). We only visit a few attractions in Fantasyland, so if we are ok if we skip it. With FP in hand, we will head to the castle for a surprise breakfast. Once breakfast is over, our FP window should be open. Our must do rides are the 3 Mountains, Buzz, HM, PotC, and Jungle Cruise. PP is on the list since it is right there, but I might axe it to get SM FP's. Our goal is to get the 3 Mountains, Buzz, and Jungle Cruise out of the way before the lines get long, then make a trip through to get the other attractions out of the way. During our other attraction loop, I will fit in PotC, HM, HoP, CoP, TTA (a few times ), and the Laugh Floor.

Before we leave for the resort, I hope to grab a few FP for the evening. We might even hop over to Epcot, but I want to hang out in the MK primarily for our first day. We will either head back to MK after Chef Mickey's or use any Epcot FP, then return to MK.

Again this is just a rough outline. My kids want to do as much as possible and will listen to my logic, lol. We won't be on the character hunt in the parks (unless we see a rare character). We will hold off on characters after rides and enjoy them during dining. Please feel free to shoot any holes in this.
__________________
~Amiee, Mom to: DS11 DD7 DChihuahua 4 Princess Half 2012 - Ready to sing loud and off key with Team Goddess
adsrtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #232
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
Here is my rough outline for our first full day at the World:

ADR for Cindy's at 9:20 and Chef Mickey's at 5:50

I will get to rope drop early so that I have a strategic place. If I can get in the early ADR gate, I will. I don't have any experience with ADR's near opening. No matter if we can begin our journey in holding at the castle or at RD, we will head for a FP first (either PP or SM). We only visit a few attractions in Fantasyland, so if we are ok if we skip it. With FP in hand, we will head to the castle for a surprise breakfast. Once breakfast is over, our FP window should be open. Our must do rides are the 3 Mountains, Buzz, HM, PotC, and Jungle Cruise. PP is on the list since it is right there, but I might axe it to get SM FP's. Our goal is to get the 3 Mountains, Buzz, and Jungle Cruise out of the way before the lines get long, then make a trip through to get the other attractions out of the way. During our other attraction loop, I will fit in PotC, HM, HoP, CoP, TTA (a few times ), and the Laugh Floor.

Before we leave for the resort, I hope to grab a few FP for the evening. We might even hop over to Epcot, but I want to hang out in the MK primarily for our first day. We will either head back to MK after Chef Mickey's or use any Epcot FP, then return to MK.

Again this is just a rough outline. My kids want to do as much as possible and will listen to my logic, lol. We won't be on the character hunt in the parks (unless we see a rare character). We will hold off on characters after rides and enjoy them during dining. Please feel free to shoot any holes in this.
I got a couple of ?'s What time is the rope drop, is it a EMH day or a reg. opening time, also are you going to the parade and if you are will it be the afternoon or night,
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #233
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
We will be in the world from the 15th through the 21st...

I've posted in the August thread, but a quick run down of day to day plans

15th MK
16th AK
17th Epcot going to Flying Fish and hang out at the boardwalk
18th HS
19th Epcot with HS for dinner and night
20th AK
21st DTD and then home...tears already just thinking about it...ick! We do Kona Kafe and Raglan road that day.

On our Epcot days if you see 3 people with LGMH acting like total dorks it is probably us drinking around the world. I have also managed to convince my beloved commandos to wear as much bright green as possible. We will be a DIS beacon! Still trying to find others to do the drinking around the world with us...so if anyone is interested look for the neon people!
I found a thread that might be helpful for the drinking around the world the thread title is: A "How -To" Walk Through of Drinking Around the World at Epcot World Showcase. The 1st post has a nice rundown of drinks availible with price
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #234
adsrtw
DIS Veteran
 
adsrtw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I got a couple of ?'s What time is the rope drop, is it a EMH day or a reg. opening time, also are you going to the parade and if you are will it be the afternoon or night,
No EMH for that day. MK will open at 9, we will be at the gate by 8:30. We are holding off on the parade until later in the week (surprised me, but it was a kid vote, lol).
__________________
~Amiee, Mom to: DS11 DD7 DChihuahua 4 Princess Half 2012 - Ready to sing loud and off key with Team Goddess
adsrtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #235
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer
 
stitchywoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LaLa land....yep. California I love you!
Posts: 205

Thank you Disney Commando

Woohoooo....thanks Disney Commando you are my hero....
__________________
Stitchywoman- DH- DD13- Angel- Khel- Oreo- Thumper-
August 2008-Disneymoon at AKL
August 2010-Anniversary, Birthday, First trip at POR
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!






"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #236
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
No EMH for that day. MK will open at 9, we will be at the gate by 8:30. We are holding off on the parade until later in the week (surprised me, but it was a kid vote, lol).
Wow can never tell what the kids are thinking Trying to put myself in your shoes need somemore factors other extrames will pick up on this
- Does MK have fireworks that night
- Is it you and your 2 DD's or are any other adults in your party
- What time are you calling it a night
- are you staying onsite
- if you are staying onsite what park has EMH that night (and till what time), if not onsight is it MK
- Do you have PH's ( I think you do, just want to make sure)
- Most importantly on a scale of 1-5, 1 being beginner and 5 being extreme what level of commando would you like to achive.

It might seem like alot but all these factors can make a big difference, and will help everyone on how to respond in a helpful manner
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #237
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Im here!! Im the disney commando in our family and PROUD of it! Thanks to my planning and under my command we have enjoyed much of WDW!

From the moment we pull into the main gates I am ready to go go go! I cant help it!

Now that being said, I plan all our TS meals and make ADRs, plan some of our CS and snacks but leave about half of them to chance.

I do plan what days to be in what parks and a few of the rides that need to be hit first by general popularity, area and then my families preferences. After that (normally around or right after lunch time) we do what ever we want!

I do plan special things to do outside the parks on certain days as well, like pool time, meals and shopping outside the parks etc .

Now the only time schedule I keep is for our ADrs otherwise we normally are at park at RD.

Next months trip is just my DH and I and I promised to keep it low key and relaxed so out of the 8 days we have 2 not in the parks.

I do have a typed out itenerary only b/c I enjoy doing this and I can keep notes to remind myself of little things that we talked about doing.

I wouldnt have it any other way! LOL
Wow it's getting late, I almost made you a new member, glad I check the list you were a OP you are member #27
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #238
adsrtw
DIS Veteran
 
adsrtw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Wow can never tell what the kids are thinking Trying to put myself in your shoes need somemore factors other extrames will pick up on this
- Does MK have fireworks that night
- Is it you and your 2 DD's or are any other adults in your party
- What time are you calling it a night
- are you staying onsite
- if you are staying onsite what park has EMH that night (and till what time), if not onsight is it MK
- Do you have PH's ( I think you do, just want to make sure)
- Most importantly on a scale of 1-5, 1 being beginner and 5 being extreme what level of commando would you like to achive.

It might seem like alot but all these factors can make a big difference, and will help everyone on how to respond in a helpful manner
Sorry for the choppiness on this email (on my phone at work, lol).

Fireworks at 9 we are doing the dessert party later in the week.
Party is me, my son 11, daughter 6
Calling it a night no earlier than 9 - EP open til midnight
On site at CBR
EMH at EP
10 day PH
3.5-4 on commando style
__________________
~Amiee, Mom to: DS11 DD7 DChihuahua 4 Princess Half 2012 - Ready to sing loud and off key with Team Goddess
adsrtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #239
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer
 
stitchywoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LaLa land....yep. California I love you!
Posts: 205

I am about to commando the UPS man if he doesn't bring my package! I have been waiting for 3 days and they keep claiming they tried to deliver it, but I have been sitting in my house so I wouldn't miss it....they LIE! I need those hair products for Disney or my hair will cause a meltdown. I already know it is gonna get big, but I need all the help I can get to help me be able to not worry about it.
__________________
Stitchywoman- DH- DD13- Angel- Khel- Oreo- Thumper-
August 2008-Disneymoon at AKL
August 2010-Anniversary, Birthday, First trip at POR
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!






"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #240
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
I am about to commando the UPS man if he doesn't bring my package! I have been waiting for 3 days and they keep claiming they tried to deliver it, but I have been sitting in my house so I wouldn't miss it....they LIE! I need those hair products for Disney or my hair will cause a meltdown. I already know it is gonna get big, but I need all the help I can get to help me be able to not worry about it.
hunt him down stitchy!!!!!!
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: