Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #2371
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
In true Commando spirit, I like to open the park and close the park. But, we only do one park a day.

Never had twins, but we went when my children were 18 months and 3. I got PH once, and then never again. Just like you said, the reason was because we lost so much transportation time. And, it's just not transportation from theme park to theme park, but transportation from wherever you are in the first theme park, out of the theme park, walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus, then bus time, then walk from the bus stop to the new theme park, and then into the new theme park.

With the young ens, if the adults are interested in riding the bigger rides, you can walk over and do the parent exchange thing. We just enjoyed going slow and doing the rides they wanted, then back to the resort for a nap in the heat of the day, and then back for more fun. Then, we stopped going back for naps and youngest would sleep in stroller and oldest would sleep on me, and we would find the AC cold indoor for naps. France movie was a favorite nap place. Then we stopped stroller when youngest was 5.

You'll get different opinions and everyone knows their children best. So, ultimately do what you think is best and have fun with your family, and everything will be fine.
My kids aren't thrilled with the heat so it could be interesting going in early October. I imagine we'll be sneaking into the AC shows to cool off mid afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
I'm not the biggest PH fan for several of those reasons, but we get it because there are some cases where it is really nice to be able to hop.

First is for AK days as it usually closes early (5-6pm) so even if you stay until the park closes you can still enjoy some more hours at another park, specially if it has EMH evening. You could also go to DTD of course and therefore not need/use the Park Hoppers. In our next trip we'll do both of these (1 day hop from AK to HS with EMH and on another go for DTD).

Another great situation where it is great to hop is to eat at one of my favorite WDW restaurants, Beaches & Cream. On our last trip we went to HS in the morning, left for lunch, took the very beautiful boat ride from HS to Beach Club, grabbed some fantastic burgers and desserts and continued on into Epcot. I'm planning on doing this again in January!
I actually was thinking of hitting AK and MNSSHP on the same day and chilling the next day. Still plenty of time to change my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
This is one of those questions where there is no right or wrong answer, There are pros and cons to both sides, IMO I would say go with the way you will be most comfortable with, Everyone has their own way of touring, some like 1 park a day, some like a variety of parks, you have to be comfortable with your touring plan and that is most important
Thanks for the input. Sometimes I get a little too wound up in trying to plan the perfect first family vacation to WDW.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #2372
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
That is the question.

Originally I wasn't planning on doing the park hopper because of the time between resorts and the age of the twins. They'll be just under 5 when we go. Then I read the Unofficial Guide and they recommend getting the park hopper. Now I'm torn. There's plenty to do for a day in each park and we're going at a slower time. Is the the park hopper worth it or should we just stick with the basic tickets?
I enjoy park hopping because my family has always toured that way and now it's just how I commando! With that said, I have decided once I go with little little ones (you know, the ones that are planned for but don't yet exist) I will not park hop. The reason being that even now I do take planned breaks that I insert into my itinerary. Even though I was never the kid to have to stay on a schedule (military kid what can I say, you learn to roll with the punches early), most children need breaks; REAL ONES. I can go to a nearby resort or just sit and have a mickey bar and BAM, got my break in Children are different (and parents are too once they arrive ). Your body/ mind needs that break and so to make a long story short, I find it easier to plan one park at a time one day at a time. You can do a AM tour, go back to your resort (or a nearby one) and sit and truly relax, allow a nap or at least some quiet time away from the more intense excitement of the parks (plus save a little money in the process ) then a PM tour. Traveling with children of any age already includes so much extra (temperament, expectations, limitations, normal schedules, ect. . .) that I personally would not want to complicate it. When you park hop, in the event something happens (sickness, needs to change, anything) your day can easily be thrown waaaaay off. Just MHO. I agree that you should do what makes you most comfortable. Most important, your going to Disney, have a BLAST and make some awesome memories
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #2373
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I got to do 9 days straight of work before my next day off, but on my next day off we will be on our way to WDW,
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #2374
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My kids aren't thrilled with the heat so it could be interesting going in early October. I imagine we'll be sneaking into the AC shows to cool off mid afternoon.

I actually was thinking of hitting AK and MNSSHP on the same day and chilling the next day. Still plenty of time to change my mind.
I've been to WDW twice in early to mid October and the weather was really nice, certainly not too hot!

As for AK + MNSSHP is a great option! Now I'm going on January without any special events , but last time we did AK + MVMCP!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #2375
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

We did a MNSSHP without another park that AM, but went 4 to Midnight. I also should add that we only do theme parks every other day. So, a commando day followed by a day of rest.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #2376
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I got to do 9 days straight of work before my next day off, but on my next day off we will be on our way to WDW,
Congratulations!!! Work your butt off and then live it up playing just as hard in the world!!
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #2377
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Congratulations!!! Work your butt off and then live it up playing just as hard in the world!!
No matter how bad a day you could have at WDW is still better then the best day of work
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #2378
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

For MNSSHP I have done it twice, once was on Halloween, and that was our best Halloween EVER, It will be a few more years before the alignment of days are right again to do it again, if you catch Halloween on a Sunday there is a good chance the 1st MVMCP will be on the following Friday, that's a 2 holiday event week But this will not happen again till 2021

But on the up side If it falls on a Fri or Sat as long as you will be there the following weekend you should be able to get both in also

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-25-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #2379
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Now this changes EVERYTHING

On upcoming trips I check the park hours almost daily to see if there are any changes, and from months back now I've been complaining about the lack of hours the parks will be open especially MK, up till today the latest it was going to be open was 8pm, except for the MVMCP where it would be open till 12, well some pixie dust was spread now there are 2 days MK closes at 10, 3 days they close at 1am and the MVMCP that closes at 12 That's like gaining a whole extra day of touring

My wife is cracking up cause at 6 mths out my plans really look stupid as she puts it with ADR's all over the place, I follow my gut feeling not a book or touring site, I'm starting to really think that my gut knows it's WDW stuff, since it always steers me to a great plan even without knowing what the actual hours of the parks will be at over 6mths in advance

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #2380
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando

The mermaids were added maybe a little over a week ago at WDW on a 1 day refurb, They have Transportation Cards at DL also, glad they let you in with the pass you had
No. I got the boat transportation cards at disneyworld...hahahaha...I was trying to see what I could get this trip and they were all I could manage. I was just updating like I said I would, but apparently my rambling ran together in a confusing manner. Ooooooppppsssss sorry. It was even confusing to me when I went back to read it. Yep, I'm a dork!
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #2381
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
No. I got the boat transportation cards at disneyworld...hahahaha...I was trying to see what I could get this trip and they were all I could manage. I was just updating like I said I would, but apparently my rambling ran together in a confusing manner. Ooooooppppsssss sorry. It was even confusing to me when I went back to read it. Yep, I'm a dork!
For me that's Good news, since that means they got more boat cards in, the majority of the cards I need to complete the 2nd set is boat cards

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #2382
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

If anyone wants to follow along during the trip, send me a PM with your cell # and I'll add you to Live Action, with pics and texts, (I can't do out of the country #'s since the roaming fees will be killer)

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #2383
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
A lot of rumors over at It's A Disney World After All, mostly meet & greets that may be moved, but 1 has my head spinning since I didn't know Disney owned them, The Lone Ranger & Tonto may have a meet & greet at MK
This was something I would have never thought would happen, but I think I'm wrong, but not till June or July, I just read that they finished filming The Lone Ranger and it should be out by July, guess who the Lone Ranger is

I will have to say that I'm really impressed with quality of rumors they have on that site, even if it sounds crazy, there track record so far is pretty good

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #2384
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
This was something I would have never thought would happen, but I think I'm wrong, but not till June or July, I just read that they finished filming The Lone Ranger and it should be out by July, guess who the Lone Ranger is

I will have to say that I'm really impressed with quality of rumors they have on that site, even if it sounds crazy, there track record so far is pretty good
The question is really guess who TONTO is? "Johnny Depp"!!!!
Trailer

So the Lone Ranger is: Armie Hammer a fairly new young actor
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #2385
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
No matter how bad a day you could have at WDW is still better then the best day of work
Commando Rule #3
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: