Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #2356
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Please do. A life sized 3D picture would be nice as well.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #2357
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Here's something that might interest some of you, they are now offering frozen beer at the Japan Pavilion
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #2358
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Here's something that might interest some of you, they are now offering frozen beer at the Japan Pavilion
:
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #2359
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Frozen beer? That sounds interesting. I am by no means a beer aficionado. I drink Coronas and can do with or without others, but frozen, hmmm, ok.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #2360
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Frozen beer? That sounds interesting. I am by no means a beer aficionado. I drink Coronas and can do with or without others, but frozen, hmmm, ok.
Corona is pretty good beer to be drinking. Someone went to Raglan Road and asked for a Bud Light equivalent, and the bartender said they had water.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #2361
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Corona is pretty good beer to be drinking. Someone went to Raglan Road and asked for a Bud Light equivalent, and the bartender said they had water.
That was a pretty accurate statement, lol. When I'm on a vaycay, I want to live it up and the college years, they served their purpose but in no way were those days "living it up" ya know? I just don't see me drinking on-specialty stuff (other than pop). But to each his own.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #2362
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

To Park Hopper or not to Park Hopper?

That is the question.

Originally I wasn't planning on doing the park hopper because of the time between resorts and the age of the twins. They'll be just under 5 when we go. Then I read the Unofficial Guide and they recommend getting the park hopper. Now I'm torn. There's plenty to do for a day in each park and we're going at a slower time. Is the the park hopper worth it or should we just stick with the basic tickets?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #2363
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Got back to disneyland for the first time since before we went to disneyworld today....standing inline for pirates now and we went on the ghost galaxy overlay on space mountain. We also did the nightmare before christmas haunted mansion...yay! All the halloween stuff is done! I am wondering if they have done the mermaids here too.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #2364
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

So yeah....the end of that story is no. Not a mermaid in sight...did I miss something somewhere. I haven't been able to get on lately and wasn't aware of the change being made... I only managed to get boat transportation cards this time. On a funnier note we got to the parking structure only to have the attendant tell me it was my old pass and I must not have gotten the new one yet in the mail...he handed me my parking pass and let me go. Since it took us almost 2 hours to get here due to traffic we were a bit worried and figured we would have to talk to guest services and explain I had grabbd the wrong one. I looked at my pass and the number had changed so I was a little worried but the lady at the turnstile didn't even blink, she just told me to have a great day. Who knew? I guess it linked the old one to my new pass and the lite just turned green! Then when I went to guest services to get my disabled guest pass renewed she put the old number on the new card and didn't blink either. Hmmmmm... (as a disclaimer, yes I am disabled. I get people all the time who don't think I am because I look healthy. )
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #2365
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
That is the question.

Originally I wasn't planning on doing the park hopper because of the time between resorts and the age of the twins. They'll be just under 5 when we go. Then I read the Unofficial Guide and they recommend getting the park hopper. Now I'm torn. There's plenty to do for a day in each park and we're going at a slower time. Is the the park hopper worth it or should we just stick with the basic tickets?
In true Commando spirit, I like to open the park and close the park. But, we only do one park a day.

Never had twins, but we went when my children were 18 months and 3. I got PH once, and then never again. Just like you said, the reason was because we lost so much transportation time. And, it's just not transportation from theme park to theme park, but transportation from wherever you are in the first theme park, out of the theme park, walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus, then bus time, then walk from the bus stop to the new theme park, and then into the new theme park.

With the young ens, if the adults are interested in riding the bigger rides, you can walk over and do the parent exchange thing. We just enjoyed going slow and doing the rides they wanted, then back to the resort for a nap in the heat of the day, and then back for more fun. Then, we stopped going back for naps and youngest would sleep in stroller and oldest would sleep on me, and we would find the AC cold indoor for naps. France movie was a favorite nap place. Then we stopped stroller when youngest was 5.

You'll get different opinions and everyone knows their children best. So, ultimately do what you think is best and have fun with your family, and everything will be fine.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #2366
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Got back to disneyland for the first time since before we went to disneyworld today....standing inline for pirates now and we went on the ghost galaxy overlay on space mountain. We also did the nightmare before christmas haunted mansion...yay! All the halloween stuff is done! I am wondering if they have done the mermaids here too.
Quote:
So yeah....the end of that story is no. Not a mermaid in sight...did I miss something somewhere. . )
Glad to hear your having fun at DL. I didn't find any mermaids at WDW a few weeks ago, other than the ones in Peter Pan's flight. And, glad to hear the passes worked for you. That would have been a long drive back.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #2367
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In true Commando spirit, I like to open the park and close the park. But, we only do one park a day.

Never had twins, but we went when my children were 18 months and 3. I got PH once, and then never again. Just like you said, the reason was because we lost so much transportation time. And, it's just not transportation from theme park to theme park, but transportation from wherever you are in the first theme park, out of the theme park, walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus, then bus time, then walk from the bus stop to the new theme park, and then into the new theme park.
I'm not the biggest PH fan for several of those reasons, but we get it because there are some cases where it is really nice to be able to hop.

First is for AK days as it usually closes early (5-6pm) so even if you stay until the park closes you can still enjoy some more hours at another park, specially if it has EMH evening. You could also go to DTD of course and therefore not need/use the Park Hoppers. In our next trip we'll do both of these (1 day hop from AK to HS with EMH and on another go for DTD).

Another great situation where it is great to hop is to eat at one of my favorite WDW restaurants, Beaches & Cream. On our last trip we went to HS in the morning, left for lunch, took the very beautiful boat ride from HS to Beach Club, grabbed some fantastic burgers and desserts and continued on into Epcot. I'm planning on doing this again in January!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #2368
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Totally love it! Being Canadian, and only liking good red wine, dark/flavourful beer & rich chocolate... I agree with Raglan Road waiter!
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #2369
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
That is the question.

This is one of those questions where there is no right or wrong answer, There are pros and cons to both sides, IMO I would say go with the way you will be most comfortable with, Everyone has their own way of touring, some like 1 park a day, some like a variety of parks, you have to be comfortable with your touring plan and that is most important

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #2370
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
So yeah....the end of that story is no. Not a mermaid in sight...did I miss something somewhere. I haven't been able to get on lately and wasn't aware of the change being made... I only managed to get boat transportation cards this time. On a funnier note we got to the parking structure only to have the attendant tell me it was my old pass and I must not have gotten the new one yet in the mail...he handed me my parking pass and let me go. Since it took us almost 2 hours to get here due to traffic we were a bit worried and figured we would have to talk to guest services and explain I had grabbd the wrong one. I looked at my pass and the number had changed so I was a little worried but the lady at the turnstile didn't even blink, she just told me to have a great day. Who knew? I guess it linked the old one to my new pass and the lite just turned green! Then when I went to guest services to get my disabled guest pass renewed she put the old number on the new card and didn't blink either. Hmmmmm... (as a disclaimer, yes I am disabled. I get people all the time who don't think I am because I look healthy. )
The mermaids were added maybe a little over a week ago at WDW on a 1 day refurb, They have Transportation Cards at DL also, glad they let you in with the pass you had

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: