Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #2326
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Yes, we saw them. We did that on the first day after breakfast at Park Fare. I liked the tv screens, but they also had 2 CMs outside directing GF patrons. I figured that the CMs for the wealthy people who stay at GF who have never taken a bus and don't know how to read the signs.
Now that's funny!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #2327
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I'm kind of liking this new Limited Time Magic promo It is something you really can't plan out since it seems like you never know what to expect, but us Commando's are in observant mode at the parks anyway, so it would be in our favor

I've seen some threads on it and they are pretty negative, mainly because you don't know what will be going on for sure in advance, well all I can say is If You Snooze You Loose

I think this promo sounds exciting , I love unexpected magic, for me it's the best kind
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #2328
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I'm kind of liking this new Limited Time Magic promo It is something you really can't plan out since it seems like you never know what to expect, but us Commando's are in observant mode at the parks anyway, so it would be in our favor

I've seen some threads on it and they are pretty negative, mainly because you don't know what will be going on for sure in advance, well all I can say is If You Snooze You Loose

I think this promo sounds exciting , I love unexpected magic, for me it's the best kind
I'm also pretty excited about this! It reminds me of a Year of a Million Dreams when anywhere, anytime someone could show up with special dream stuff for you like Mickey Ears or Dream Fastpasses (I'll never forget getting Dream Fastpasses as we were heading leaving the pre-show of ToT! )

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #2329
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I just heard about his today. So is that the theme for 2013? My only complaint (especially as a marketing enthusiast) is that the name "Limited time Magic" sounds like something's going away. Which especially coming from Disney makes you feel sad. I like how someone else put it "Spontaneous Magic", now that's a proper theme title! Knowing how Disney is about criticism from their patrons, it may undergo a name change once 3013 get's here.
Other than that, I think it sounds great! People are complaining about not knowing when to go. I agree with our leader, that's where Commando's have the upper hand. We are so planned we ca maneuver much better than those without plans. I also think our appreciation of Disney as a awesome place to go period, makes us appreciate "Disney Magic" much better. If you don't get the extra special whatever, your happy for whomever did. At the end of the day just being there is one heck of a consolation prize IMHO.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #2330
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I'll agree a lot of people are complaining about the word Limited, but I see where WDW is coming from also, Limited is restricted in size, amount or extent, where Spontaneous is performed or occurring without premeditation or external stimulus, so I would say there is a difference, Spontaneous can be found around the parks everyday (if you are observant to your surroundings, but a lot of guests are not) Where limited is something special that may not happen again, It's sad to say but it probably comes down to some kind of legal aspect

If anyone wants to read up a little more about it visit "It's A Disney World After All" there is a little more detail about it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #2331
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I will look into it. I am all for any bit of extra Disney wants to give me. I am trying to finalize my budget now so that I can begin to save properly upon employment. So far it's at approx $6500 for essentials (lodging, travel, food) and $8300 total including essentials plus souvenirs and excursions. I am sure we will sped less (well, mostly sure). I am looking forward to getting a lot of Disney and Coach items on this trip since we won't have the kids.
Commando Member #216

Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #2332
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Thanks. I will look into it. I am all for any bit of extra Disney wants to give me. I am trying to finalize my budget now so that I can begin to save properly upon employment. So far it's at approx $6500 for essentials (lodging, travel, food) and $8300 total including essentials plus souvenirs and excursions. I am sure we will sped less (well, mostly sure). I am looking forward to getting a lot of Disney and Coach items on this trip since we won't have the kids.
That seems high where are you planning to stay, is a lot of that travel

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-18-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #2333
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

2 adults staying at AKL Savanna View (non-specific of which savanna) for 9 nights/ 10 days.
These are approximates based on available information
Room- $2950
Food (including alcohol and tips)- $1500
Flight- $700
Transportation (from wdw to universal)- $50
Tickets- WDW $700 (5 days, hopper, water park+) and Universal $255 (2 days no hopping)
That's $6155. Plus $1500-$2000 for souvenirs and excursions. Now hunny say's he won't spend a lot o souvenirs, and perhaps he won't, but between the Richard Petty Experience and Para-sailing and Spa, even with my discounts the only place I see cutting costs is food, which is where I suspect we may not spend as much (maybe).
I'm getting a Chase Disney Debit card for the excursions, shopping, the room and lunch at Sanaa and Target gift cards to put on my KTTW card for the food.
Commando Member #216

Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #2334
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'll agree a lot of people are complaining about the word Limited, but I see where WDW is coming from also, Limited is restricted in size, amount or extent, where Spontaneous is performed or occurring without premeditation or external stimulus, so I would say there is a difference, Spontaneous can be found around the parks everyday (if you are observant to your surroundings, but a lot of guests are not) Where limited is something special that may not happen again, It's sad to say but it probably comes down to some kind of legal aspect

If anyone wants to read up a little more about it visit "It's A Disney World After All" there is a little more detail about it
Yeah, limited might seem like they'll remove something, but if they're doing something for 1 week and 1 week only, then it really is limited.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #2335
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
2 adults staying at AKL Savanna View (non-specific of which savanna) for 9 nights/ 10 days.
These are approximates based on available information
Room- $2950
Food (including alcohol and tips)- $1500
Flight- $700
Transportation (from wdw to universal)- $50
Tickets- WDW $700 (5 days, hopper, water park+) and Universal $255 (2 days no hopping)
That's $6155. Plus $1500-$2000 for souvenirs and excursions. Now hunny say's he won't spend a lot o souvenirs, and perhaps he won't, but between the Richard Petty Experience and Para-sailing and Spa, even with my discounts the only place I see cutting costs is food, which is where I suspect we may not spend as much (maybe).
I'm getting a Chase Disney Debit card for the excursions, shopping, the room and lunch at Sanaa and Target gift cards to put on my KTTW card for the food.
Wow you got that down to the dime, Is this a package with the room, food & tickets or priced separately, hopefully they will have some kind of promo and you can save some extra$$$

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #2336
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow you got that down to the dime, Is this a package with the room, food & tickets or priced separately, hopefully they will have some kind of promo and you can save some extra$$$
The room from Disney (including a 30% off discount that they have had for the last several years this time of year). Tickets from undercovertourist and food OOP bc the dining plan, while I could make it work, was just not a wise choice because there was a whole lot I could save because some places I would get alcohol only with the meal or no app at lunch, or multiple apps, ect. . .
Commando Member #216

Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #2337
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
The room from Disney (including a 30% off discount that they have had for the last several years this time of year). Tickets from undercovertourist and food OOP bc the dining plan, while I could make it work, was just not a wise choice because there was a whole lot I could save because some places I would get alcohol only with the meal or no app at lunch, or multiple apps, ect. . .
That's a nice savings at 30% off for the room

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #2338
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

A few rumors that have not happened yet but still have time before Nov trip I saw them awhile ago but with so many rumors, if they are going to happen nothing is posted till it's ready to happen if at all

- The Jack Sparrow thing that is replacing Narnia, are they still doing it
- Perry meet & greet heard about it once and nothing new about it
- Phineas & Ferb interactive spot in DTD next to Bongos - if it's there I'll find it since we are eating at Bongos
- Wreck it Ralph meet & greet, I think this one is going to happen

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #2339
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A few rumors that have not happened yet but still have time before Nov trip I saw them awhile ago but with so many rumors, if they are going to happen nothing is posted till it's ready to happen if at all

- The Jack Sparrow thing that is replacing Narnia, are they still doing it
- Perry meet & greet heard about it once and nothing new about it
- Phineas & Ferb interactive spot in DTD next to Bongos - if it's there I'll find it since we are eating at Bongos
- Wreck it Ralph meet & greet, I think this one is going to happen
I saw something from Disney about the Jack Sparrow thing. I didn't know it was replacing something else. I will have to see if I can find it.
Commando Member #216

Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #2340
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

I can confirm that there is definitely a Pirates of the Caribbean replacing Narnia set at HS. When we were there ( 2 weeks ago) the plywood boards were up around the Narnia "set" with a Pirates map painted on the outer wall of the building. I heard, somewhere not sure where, that they were moving the ACTUAL "BlackPearl" filming ship/prop into that building, sooooo cool if it's true!

BUT here's the rub...I think it isn't openning until Summer 2013
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: