Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #2296
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Ha ha!!!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #2297
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Donald has to be our mascot - he isn't wearing underwear.
bwaaaaaaahahahahaha So true tho.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #2298
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Alright my fellow commando's I am going into full commando planning mode now bc I have just received my *drumroll please* UG Color Companion!!! I am too too happy right now

I have a couple of questions tho. . . Hunny and I narrowed the dates down to Nov 9-19, 2013. There will either be a 6night/7day special with tickets for 6 days (we will add more nights at a different resort/ different room type) and/or there will be a 30% off room discount (we are staying at AKL/Villas and if we have to split a stay we would go to BLT). So, we would do 6 days at WDW,1 at UIO, 1 at US and one free day plus the two travel days. My questions are can you all enlighten me a little about the F&W Fest? I am rather sure it will be going on for at least a part of our trip and we already have Epcot worked into our plan, but without the F&W. So since I already included Epcot regular touring in my original 5 day plan (1 morning at FW 1 afternoon at WS) I would use the 6th additional day in the new plan for F&W. I hope that all makes sense. I just need to understand how it works or be directed to an appropriate board because looking through them has been difficult because I don't know exactly what to look for. I will not be using the DDP, but are their vouchers you buy? Or a wristband? What's free? Basically how do I spend a day walking around Epcot eating most efficiently? You know commando style! My next question is when about do they start decorating for Christmas? I mean there will be a few decorations right? I am not going to be there (on purpose) Thanksgiving week because of price increases. But I heard that they decorated throughout Nov. Thanks all.
I have been during during Christmas (the day and all) and right before Thanksgiving (I think we left the day before to head home) but never in between. I could go from Nov 14-24, 2013 if that would give me better chances of seeing a little of both F&W and Christmas. Thanks for any input.
Commando Member #216

Old 10-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #2299
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Alright my fellow commando's I am going into full commando planning mode now bc I have just received my *drumroll please* UG Color Companion!!! I am too too happy right now

I have a couple of questions tho. . . Hunny and I narrowed the dates down to Nov 9-19, 2013. There will either be a 6night/7day special with tickets for 6 days (we will add more nights at a different resort/ different room type) and/or there will be a 30% off room discount (we are staying at AKL/Villas and if we have to split a stay we would go to BLT). So, we would do 6 days at WDW,1 at UIO, 1 at US and one free day plus the two travel days. My questions are can you all enlighten me a little about the F&W Fest? I am rather sure it will be going on for at least a part of our trip and we already have Epcot worked into our plan, but without the F&W. So since I already included Epcot regular touring in my original 5 day plan (1 morning at FW 1 afternoon at WS) I would use the 6th additional day in the new plan for F&W. I hope that all makes sense. I just need to understand how it works or be directed to an appropriate board because looking through them has been difficult because I don't know exactly what to look for. I will not be using the DDP, but are their vouchers you buy? Or a wristband? What's free? Basically how do I spend a day walking around Epcot eating most efficiently? You know commando style! My next question is when about do they start decorating for Christmas? I mean there will be a few decorations right? I am not going to be there (on purpose) Thanksgiving week because of price increases. But I heard that they decorated throughout Nov. Thanks all.
I have been during during Christmas (the day and all) and right before Thanksgiving (I think we left the day before to head home) but never in between. I could go from Nov 14-24, 2013 if that would give me better chances of seeing a little of both F&W and Christmas. Thanks for any input.
I think it may have been our leader (or maybe it was someone else) who made the trip and timed it to capture the end of the MNSSHP and beginning of MVMCP, or did I just dream that.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #2300
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:

Best place to find info on the F & W is to go to the bar on the top of this page and click on Events, then click F&W this will give you everything you need to know about it including menus & concerts

Since you are planning to arrive on the 9th most likely that will be the last weekend of the F&W so you might have to change your plans a bit to catch it, this will also most likely be the weekend of The Festival of Masters in DTD, along with the kickoff weekend of MVMCP, Jingle Jungle Parade in AK, and Osbourne lights in HS, right after the last MNSSHP they start to transform to Christmas, the 1st couple of days you can find some Halloween stuff along with Christmas stuff up at the same time, by the time it hits Thanksgiving everything is done including all the resorts, but basically they end F&W the 2nd weekend of Nov so they can get it ready for Christmas. Everyday after the last MNSSHP it is decorated more and more, when you arrive almost everthing should be in full swing

At the F&W they have booths that represent different countries throughout the WS, you do not need a extra ticket or wristband to get in just your reg admission, all the foods are smaller portions usually priced at under $5, most of them you can use a snack credit on (except liquor) or just pay out of pocket, I have seen some booths handing out free samples but it's not that common
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #2301
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks a lot you guys! Well that's good as far as Christmas decorating goes. I know it will make for some beautiful pictures! I am not so much going FOR the F&W fest as I would not want to not include it if it just so happened to still be going on while I am there. As difficult as it is for a planner like myself, I have to exercise some patience because until I get within a year of the trip (at best) or between 9-6 months, I will have no more than experienced guessing to coordinate what days to do what. That means for now, I am really not tied to anything except going to WDW itself. I am going to check out the link too, thanks. It will allow me to price out a day of eating, lol.
The F&W Fest actually reminds me of this "International Night" we had at my elementary school. Every class in every grade (from 1st-5th) would have a different country they would study; we would do projects (scrolls for Egypt, origami for China) and make our classroom look like a country. Then on the actual event night we would walk around from class to class with a "passport" and look at the "countries" and sample food. It was pretty fun.

I am also semi-panning two trips at once I know I know only a commando. The reason being is because we are going to take the kids, but AFTER hunny and I do a solo trip. So I am trying to incorporate things in our trip that, for the sake of time and the kids, we could skip when we go with them (i.e. eating at mostly TS vs a good mix of pure sugar and adrenaline ). It is hilarious too because I keep finding more and more things for the kids trip and then I'm like "wait a minute, have I even got MY trip out of the way?"
Commando Member #216

Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #2302
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

On our last full day I had a hole in the plan till now, my wife is cracking up since I make most of our ADR's on a gut feeling, but I think it will turn out great, this is our last full day

AK EMH at 8am, leave at noon head to DTD for 1:30 ADR lunch at T-rex cafe and then Build A Dino, now this is where I had the hole, but no longer this is The Festival of The Masters 1st day , so for a couple of hours we can enjoy the exhibits, shows and booths, then at 4 it's time to head to MK for MVMCP till midnight, you can't get a much fuller day than that
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #2303
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

On my last day (Oct 5/12)- remember I said that I was leaving it open to finish up anything I hadn't got too... well I broke my personal best commando record!

DH was "parked out" so as I always say "Those who fall behind get left behind"- I left AKL alone at 7:45 am for EMH at AK, straight through to Safari, did pictures, wanted character photos but none were around so jumped to HS, rode RRR (2x)- did photos at hat, went to draw at Animation Studio, got great photo with the Mouse! Rode Star Tours, ate at Pizza planet....jumped to MK, played Sorcerers', Princess pictures, more Mickey pict. rode the rail train, caught the beginning of parade, went back to AKL to shower for dinner. Went to Epcot for ADR's at 5:00pm at Tutto Italia, caught Starship-with Mickey Thomas after dinner, saw end of "Off Kilter"- rode Mission to Space and back to the hotel.

all 4 parks in 1 day!!!!!! I would have done DTD but DH wasn't up for it.

Yes I am a commando- and I don't want to be rehabilitated!
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #2304
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post

LOVE THIS!!! I may have to borrow if you don't mind

To our fearless leader- I think you handled that "hole" in true commando fashion. That's why we commando's are so awesome. When you plan well, even when something a) goes wrong or b) is not planned, all your doing is leaving time for some Disney Magic and without fail, it happens
Commando Member #216

Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #2305
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
LOVE THIS!!! I may have to borrow if you don't mind
No I don't mind if you use it, but if the the tag fairy tags you with it, I will claim copyright infringement.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #2306
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
On my last day (Oct 5/12)- remember I said that I was leaving it open to finish up anything I hadn't got too... well I broke my personal best commando record!

DH was "parked out" so as I always say "Those who fall behind get left behind"- I left AKL alone at 7:45 am for EMH at AK, straight through to Safari, did pictures, wanted character photos but none were around so jumped to HS, rode RRR (2x)- did photos at hat, went to draw at Animation Studio, got great photo with the Mouse! Rode Star Tours, ate at Pizza planet....jumped to MK, played Sorcerers', Princess pictures, more Mickey pict. rode the rail train, caught the beginning of parade, went back to AKL to shower for dinner. Went to Epcot for ADR's at 5:00pm at Tutto Italia, caught Starship-with Mickey Thomas after dinner, saw end of "Off Kilter"- rode Mission to Space and back to the hotel.

all 4 parks in 1 day!!!!!! I would have done DTD but DH wasn't up for it.

Sweet, and IMO you did it the right way, you did what you wanted without pressure and that's the best way to do it Every once in awhile you will see a thread on how someone did all 4 parks or even all 6, but when you read them they are kind of textbook a really don't get anything done Where you had fun and fulfilled what you wanted to do

Whenever we do the 4 parks we do it the same way , we do it the way we want to, and fill in any voids we feel we might have had or something we want to do again, it makes that much more fun

Great Job on touring all 4 parks, you made your own magic your way

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #2307
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No I don't mind if you use it, but if the the tag fairy tags you with it, I will claim copyright infringement.
The tag fairy? So your saying I can't be like the Milli Vanilli of commando slogans? Darn, No problem!
Commando Member #216

Old 10-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #2308
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I'm bummed now I just found out they discontinued the yellow Mickey ponchos (way back on 03'). Well, we would re-use ours (as millions of others apparently, which may be why I had not noticed a few years back). I really really wanted to get hunny and me one. If anyone knows a trustworthy place where I may still be able to order one, let me know. Ah well.
Commando Member #216

Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #2309
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I'm bummed now I just found out they discontinued the yellow Mickey ponchos (way back on 03'). Well, we would re-use ours (as millions of others apparently, which may be why I had not noticed a few years back). I really really wanted to get hunny and me one. If anyone knows a trustworthy place where I may still be able to order one, let me know. Ah well.
They sell the clear ones with Mickey on them (or at least they did that years ago) in the parks, which are just trash bags with hoods and armholes for lots of $. At my request, DW bought me a nice Lands End rain jacket. It has kept me dry through hour long events outside and has those zipper armpit holes for comfort. That's the only one I wear now.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #2310
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
They sell the clear ones with Mickey on them (or at least they did that years ago) in the parks, which are just trash bags with hoods and armholes for lots of $. At my request, DW bought me a nice Lands End rain jacket. It has kept me dry through hour long events outside and has those zipper armpit holes for comfort. That's the only one I wear now.
I see. I just wanted to be Disney geared down but it looks like I may have to get a poncho and screen print i myself,
Commando Member #216

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: