Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #2281
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Back from WDW and another great trip. I was proud of th family,they kept up the commando plan from 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM at Epcot. That's right, the 16 hour day. We found that going over to Welcome Home Wednesday was a nice way to give us a break during the day, and we did boat over to BWV, which provided some extra rest time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post

Can I say that it is scary out their in Disney forum land? People are arguing over EVERYTHING. Can't we just discuss a mouse and get along? ok, NOW I'm done.
Maybe we should go over there and start posting how bad it is. Will everyone cancel their WDW trips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I discussed our QS credits with my wife and we have decided that we would see our TS almost as snacks, Say we have a ADR dinner (the main feast) at 5, around 11:30 we would use a QS and share the meal, then use the other one later in the night, for my son's QS he is a growing boy and will eat whenever he feels like he is ready
You know we don't use DP anymore, and I found myself eating would may be considered a snack credit for lunch some of the time and then dinner at 5. I know people say that is early, but that is our normal meal time with our dds. Also, oldest turned 10 this year and is considered an adult for the meal plans. We paid the adult meal price for her at the buffets, but at some of the other restaurants, they let her order of the kids menu as she really doen't eat that much and her taste hasn't evolved for much more.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #2282
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I was keeping up with your trip report and I am so glad you 1) made it home safely and 2) your family had such a wonderful time. You all participated in things I had no idea about so I am excited to get more info when I go with my hunny, so we will be ready once we take the kids.

I wish all these evil people would cancel their trips I really was just shocked on several sites and forums where people just said whatever. I want a Fairy godmother who can turn them into something, I don't know what but something other than complainers. It's like "Hello, it's Disney! Get a Dole Whip and a smile and sit down."
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #2283
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

I wish all these evil people would cancel their trips I really was just shocked on several sites and forums where people just said whatever. I want a Fairy godmother who can turn them into something, I don't know what but something other than complainers. It's like "Hello, it's Disney! Get a Dole Whip and a smile and sit down."
I kept it out of my report, but I noticed there were some extra rude people there Sunday and Monday. I guess it was due to the holiday. It got better as the week progressed. I just don't get it. They are in the happiest place - be happy or leave.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #2284
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I feel sorry for people who really don't understand the "Magic" of Disney. I love rollercoasters and fun activities a LOT. Nothing compares to the Disney experience tho.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #2285
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Let's see what can make people rude during a WDW vacation, I can't really think of a reason, but maybe a lack of planning could play a factor here, once they realize how much there is to do, and how much they are not getting accomplished, or they planned all the rides down to the order & the minute and it's not going so smooth I can see the rude factor kick in, but then again some are that way all the time
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #2286
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Congratulations to all the members of The WDW Commando Club, we have passed over 100,000 views Over the last couple of years we have shared tips, plans, and basically how to get as much Magic as we can into our days at WDW

With hitting over 100,000 views I would think there are a lot of on the fence Commando lurkers, and it's time for you to come join us

We choose the Commando way of touring not because we have to, but because we want to and we enjoy all the planning that comes with it

Everyone has their own touring style, and there is no perfect plan, so all we can do is keep trying to improve planning strategies

Until the day of the PERFECT touring plan there will always be a Commando Club
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-14-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #2287
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Congratulations to all the members of The WDW Commando Club, we have passed over 100,000 views Over the last couple of years we have shared tips, plans, and basically how to get as much Magic as we can into our days at WDW

With hitting over 100,000 views I would thing there are a lot of on the fence Commando lurkers, and it's time for you to come join us

We choose the Commando way of touring not because we have to, but because we want to and we enjoy all the planning that comes with it

Everyone has their own touring style, and there is no perfect plan, so all we can do is keep trying to improve planning strategies

Congrats....

Hey Ron... go read my TR updates... you made an appearance.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #2288
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

- We did it!
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #2289
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I feel sorry for people who really don't understand the "Magic" of Disney. I love rollercoasters and fun activities a LOT. Nothing compares to the Disney experience tho.
Your're right. I felt that magic on our Disneymoon and then returning with our dds.

Quote:
Let's see what can make people rude during a WDW vacation, I can't really think of a reason, but maybe a lack of planning could play a factor here, once they realize how much there is to do, and how much they are not getting accomplished, or they planned all the rides down to the order & the minute and it's not going so smooth I can see the rude factor kick in, but then again some are that way all the time
I don't think it's planning. On our Disneymoon, I didn't know there were 4 parks or that Disney had transportation. DW had looked some of it up, but she really had no idea either.

Quote:

With hitting over 100,000 views I would thing there are a lot of on the fence Commando lurkers, and it's time for you to come join us

Well said sir.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #2290
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Your're right. I felt that magic on our Disneymoon and then returning with our dds.

I don't think it's planning. On our Disneymoon, I didn't know there were 4 parks or that Disney had transportation. DW had looked some of it up, but she really had no idea either.
Norm your right it's not planning, it's the Lack of planning, without knowing much about WDW it is overwhelming, and could spark the rudeness, I have run into the other side though, the one's who are friendly in lines fishing for any info you are willing to give them, I like this type a lot better I'll give them a few really good tips that will put a little magic in their day

On our Disneymoon, my wife planned out the trip, she made the fancy folder and notecards, but once we got there it just wasn't panning out, it was years since I was at WDW but you can't take away what you know, and was able to salvage the trip, she said I have my folder and notecards I don't know what went wrong

Well back in the day when everyone was into their cars the saying was Chrome Don't Get You Home, So in a WDW aspect I guess you can say fancy folder's and notecards don't make magic happen, you can have all the info in the world but if it's not executed properly it's not worth all that much Since then she leaves 95% of the planning in my hands

I love coming up with new and exciting things to do on each trip, If someone says they have done and seen everything there is to do at WDW, they should be called out on that one since they change and add things all the time, just between our trip in August to the next trip in Nov, I already have a lot of new things planned that were not there in August

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #2291
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Found it!!!!

- Commando, commando Duck
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #2292
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post

- Commando, commando Duck
I like it I wonder if we could get that on a shirt, it could be our club mascot

The 2nd one at least, I don't know about the 1st one Donald looks a little dangerous

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #2293
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
I like it I wonder if we could get that on a shirt, it could be our club mascot

The 2nd one at least, I don't know about the 1st one Donald looks a little dangerous
I've been trying since I became an official commando to find these pictures on the web. This is the link for the youtube video of this short cartoon.... it's totally all of us here! Especially when Donald is given his "assignment"
Enjoy everyone!

Commando Duck Cartoon

After a Day a WDW- Duck Cartoon
WDW Commando Member#199

Last edited by MaMudduck; 10-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #2294
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
I've been trying since I became an official commando to find these pictures on the web. This is the link for the youtube video of this short cartoon.... it's totally all of us here! Especially when Donald is given his "assignment"
Enjoy everyone!

Commando Duck Cartoon

After a Day a WDW- Duck Cartoon
Amazing! I remember seeing those cartoons a long time ago!

Donald has always been my favorite Disney character and as seen in these cartoons, he is the ultimate commando!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #2295
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Donald has to be our mascot - he isn't wearing underwear.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: