Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #211
Purseval
DIS Veteran

When my kids were young it was our normal routine to do all 4 parks in 1 day. My kids are grown now the Mrs. and I just do 1 park at a time. When we have company I hustle with everyones tickets for fastpasses while wifey acts as tour guide to keep them from getting lost. It's the only way to see everything you paid for. People who knock commando touring are trying to justify the fact that they are too lazy to get up early and move efficiently from place to place.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #212
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I have a confession! I have never been to a rope drop, but that will change in just a few weeks. I'm taking my kids without any "help." We really had a miserable time with my mom and aunt last year, so my kids and me are having a do-over vacation this year. Literally, they would walk a quarter mile then complain. I ditched them regularly only to have them ring my phone constantly. My kids want to go on rides, not sit on a bench. Not a slam on my mom or aunt at all, but they just don't understand.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #213
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBellSam View Post
I was at Target yesterday and in the office supply section they had some "Self Sealing" Laminating paper and pouches. They were right next to the heat lamination stuff but clearly marked. Picked up some small pouches (bag tags) to laminate Lime Green Mickey and a small card with ADR numbers.

5 Days!!!

Darn, I was just at Target the other day! Well I guess I'll head back and hope they have the self-sealing stuff. I was also going to laminate a lime green mickey to hang on my bag.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #214
TinkerBellSam
Mouseketeer

Thats what I just did. Also did a business card with ADRs, to survive the "wet" rides. Good Luck!

:
[/url]

TinkerBellSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #215
TIGGERGUY
Mouseketeer

I'm commando whenever the godchildren are not with me. To me, there's nothing better than getting the most popular attractions out of the way first. Then you get to leisurely hit the rest of the park and watch everyone else wait in long lines.

I hold annual passes for both US and WDW, so commando is the only way to go when you want to see all your favorite attractions in six parks with only two or three days to do it all in.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #216
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Wink

[QUOTE=Disney Commando;37644543] You are member #81. I know you say that you will NOT Commando this trip, but sometime during the trip I'm sure some of your Commando ways will come out to play

Yeah, about that....We have the arrival day pretty much mapped out (even though it's not a park day)...and Our first full day is pretty much set too. We got a 9am haircut ressie for my DD2's first haircut (CM said we can get in 10-15 mins early!), and then beeline to get Splash FPs, ride BTMR while we wait (hopefully), then back to the resort for pool time/naps for the girls to get any jet lag/crankiness out of their system, ADR for 1900 Park Fare for Dinner, then MK again to see Wishes and either the Electrical Parade or Spectro, whichever is going on...so it didn't take me too long after all....
BigTikiDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #217
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

[QUOTE=BigTikiDaddy;37660094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
You are member #81. I know you say that you will NOT Commando this trip, but sometime during the trip I'm sure some of your Commando ways will come out to play

Yeah, about that....We have the arrival day pretty much mapped out (even though it's not a park day)...and Our first full day is pretty much set too. We got a 9am haircut ressie for my DD2's first haircut (CM said we can get in 10-15 mins early!), and then beeline to get Splash FPs, ride BTMR while we wait (hopefully), then back to the resort for pool time/naps for the girls to get any jet lag/crankiness out of their system, ADR for 1900 Park Fare for Dinner, then MK again to see Wishes and either the Electrical Parade or Spectro, whichever is going on...so it didn't take me too long after all....
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #218
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
My name is Randall and I am an Incognito Commando. You might ask yourself what an Incognito Commando is. Well, I donít use binders or laminated sheets to plan or carry. Oh yes, I do spreadsheets, calendar and all kinds of info with Word, but when I am done, I move them all over to my Blackberry. Also with my Blackberry I have access to the Internet with all my favorite WDW websites. I just look at my phone for any info I need while in the park with no one the wiser. Plus I have the WDW Map app for it with lots park info wait times, calendars and location where everything is. I plan what parks for which days and then plan ADRís for that day. No set schedule, just what rides and shows we want to see. Of course being an Incognito Commando with a Blackberry helps to make that go smooth.
You are member #84. Another fellow Dis Dad I love that phrase Incognito Commando I'll have to coin it in on the 1st post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
When my kids were young it was our normal routine to do all 4 parks in 1 day. My kids are grown now the Mrs. and I just do 1 park at a time. When we have company I hustle with everyones tickets for fastpasses while wifey acts as tour guide to keep them from getting lost. It's the only way to see everything you paid for. People who knock commando touring are trying to justify the fact that they are too lazy to get up early and move efficiently from place to place.
You are member #85. I totally agree, also you can plan all you want, but you also have to carry out the plan, you can have the best plan in the world, but if your lazy and don't follow it, a trip can go down hill quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERGUY View Post
I'm commando whenever the godchildren are not with me. To me, there's nothing better than getting the most popular attractions out of the way first. Then you get to leisurely hit the rest of the park and watch everyone else wait in long lines.

I hold annual passes for both US and WDW, so commando is the only way to go when you want to see all your favorite attractions in six parks with only two or three days to do it all in.
You are member #86. If you can bang out the popular rides 1st you are golden for most of the day, it frees up alot of time. HS is usally the worst for lines, always seems to be a 2 rope drop park for us plus a EMH , I just can't bring myself to wait on a huge line, too much yet to cover.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #219
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBellSam View Post
Thats what I just did. Also did a business card with ADRs, to survive the "wet" rides. Good Luck!
Have a AWESOME trip Do you need any last minute support

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #220
TinkerBellSam
Mouseketeer

Only question at the moment is DD16 wants light-up Mickey balloon at the end of our trip (staying at AKL - no balloons) Can you get them at any park, or only MK?

Thanks!!!!!

:
[/url]

TinkerBellSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #221
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Im here!! Im the disney commando in our family and PROUD of it! Thanks to my planning and under my command we have enjoyed much of WDW!

From the moment we pull into the main gates I am ready to go go go! I cant help it!

Now that being said, I plan all our TS meals and make ADRs, plan some of our CS and snacks but leave about half of them to chance.

I do plan what days to be in what parks and a few of the rides that need to be hit first by general popularity, area and then my families preferences. After that (normally around or right after lunch time) we do what ever we want!

I do plan special things to do outside the parks on certain days as well, like pool time, meals and shopping outside the parks etc .

Now the only time schedule I keep is for our ADrs otherwise we normally are at park at RD.

Next months trip is just my DH and I and I promised to keep it low key and relaxed so out of the 8 days we have 2 not in the parks.

I do have a typed out itenerary only b/c I enjoy doing this and I can keep notes to remind myself of little things that we talked about doing.

I wouldnt have it any other way! LOL
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #222
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

It's almost time...I am about to start foaming at the mouth.... My lime green binder with the big stitch on it is put together, most of the print outs are in it, making finishing touches on the rest of the pages that need to go in (with detailed plans you never want to have to go back and cross stuff out later....hahahaha), ADRs have long since been made, menus have been perused to decide maximum monetary value for DxDDP, park hours have been looked at for rope drop times, extra surprises have been booked behind DH and DBFF's backs and....you get the idea. Now to shrink plans and laminate them. I have to go get laminating paper. I was actually going to the store today to buy a machine just for disney (they have a lime green one at the store ) when I read about self laminating sheets on here. Thanks guys. I also made personalized lime green mickey heads with our names on them ( they also have my DIS name and my DBFF actually wanted DBFF on hers...hahaha....so there you go) that I am going to laminate. DH seriously asked if he was supposed to wear it around his neck like a name tag I said, no, on a belt loop so DIS people will recognize you geesh how silly do you think I am...hahahaha....he looked at me rolled his eyes and said in all seriousness "but hun my swim trunks don't have belt loops, remember, we got them with cargo pockets so i could get wet and carry things" I LOVE my husband so much...my commando partner in crime. He actually asked me when I was going to start shrinking and laminating trip plans because he didn't want them to get wet like the maps did in the hurricane last time. He is such a good man. I am at the point where I am showing anyone who will sit still long enough my trip binder. My poor parents not only have to house sit they have to sit through their daughter's ramblings because I need to tell my secret plans to someone and the only people who will normally listen to my crazy planning are the people I am surprising...hahahaha....
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #223
Plucker001
Mouseketeer

It's great to see some fellow Maryland commandos here!

We changed our flight recently so now we leave for Orlando at 6:50 AM... actually my husband's idea!

StitchyWoman, I'll look for you with your LGMH if you're there b/w the 17th and the 24th. I have a laminated one that I attach w/a safety pin to my backpack ( I used to wear it on my lanyard at the bottom w/my KTTW card but it hung so low I doubt anyone saw it...)
WDW Commando Member #59
Plucker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #224
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

first trip but going commando

anyone with ridemax wanna help out a Mac user ... dec 3 MK, dec 4 Epcot, dec 6 DHS and dec 7 AK ... wanna do everything

Oct 2014 - Christina, Heather & Shannon Take Over Europe (including 4 days at Disneyland Paris)
Dec 2013 - TourGuide CH Shows Her Parents the Magic w Free Dinning
Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
switch15foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #225
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERGUY View Post
I knew some locals who would do all 4 Disney parks, Universal and SeaWorld in a day. Last time I chatted with them they were trying to put together a plan to at least set foot in every park, water park and Busch Gardens just to say they did it.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: