Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #2206
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

In August we had 2 back to back days that we did AK 1st, but were totally different with different planning

Day 1
Started with the safari, saw Brian on line, 1st thing in the morning but there was a EMH that day so really I was a hour behind, Safari was good Lion was already sleeping behind a rock (importance of this will be in day 2), when we got off we hit the trail with Brian and his family, then we headed towards Asia, on the way I told him I was looking for the Thailand booth where they will weave you a fish or bird out of grass, we did find it but it was a little busy couldn't really get quality time there talking to the girl weaving, then they were going on a ride so we split up for the day, my son wanted to do Dinosaur, after Dinosaur we hit the meet & greet with Goofy & Pluto, I went to EE to get FP's while they shopped in a store, then it was off to see the Nemo show, after Nemo, it was time to use the FP for EE, after EE, we headed over to Camp Mickey and saw the Lion King show then did all the meet & greets in the area, watched the parade and left, all in all a really good day

Day 2

Hit the Safari 1st, this time the animals were all out , the lion was sitting on the rock overlooking the safari, all is right with nature, this will be a Great day, when we got off we headed to Rafiki's Plant Watch, we must have been on the 1st train in since when we got up to the little discovery station we were the 1st ones there and my son got a Magic moment certificate, we hit the main station and were ready to go to the petting zoo we were approached by a CM, who asked if we would like participate in a unscheduled show to get a bird use to people, of course we did it, there was about 6 families there, and it turned out to be a vulture named Beaky, he passed the test with people but not the barrel

Next we headed to Asia, went to the Thailand booth and this time got to talk with the girl weaving the grass animals her name was Tessa, she had heard of the Commando Club and was really excited that I was going to post about her skills, she made my son a bird out of grass, if you visit this booth and it's Tessa tell her her your a member of the Commando Club

Then we went to Fights of Wonder, for the 3rd year in a row I was picked for the bird to grab my dollar, for the 2nd time it was a Pie Crow named Harley but this time I didn't have a dollar only 20's, so of course once he brought it to the stage the host joked and said hey Harley were going to lunch, but he brought it back to me, and my wife grabbed it for the scrapbook, anyway you look at it I was out 20bucks Even if she doesn't put it in the scrapbook I'll never see it again Did Dinosaur again, then It's A Bug's Life, Dug & Russell meet & greet, did all the photo pass shots and were out of the park by 1,couldn't ask for a better morning
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-25-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #2207
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
We think alike...I was thinking Teppen Edo, as a "drop in" cause we LOVE Japanese, LeCellier haven't been able to get ADR's (been trying since May), and seriously thinking about Bongo's because of your last post...

I am totally stoked about W&F festival and using "snack credits" for some great grazing/meal options
Some say Commando's don't stop to smell the roses, but we sure know where to fill our bellies
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #2208
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I saw the Zipline, I thought it was crazy Zipping over all those gators.

But some other things you can get in the package is Train ride, Gator food to feed them, & Gator wrestling (you don't really wrestle them, they have a 6-8footer calmed with tape around it's mouth, you can get a pic sitting on it hold it's mouth, it was pretty cool
Found the Grunt Package, guess I'll get that one for us as it includes the Railroad, Wrestling and Food. Maybe 3 of those and a Zipline for me if DFi let's me!

Quote:
I have never visited or plan on ever using any type of touring site, As long as it's not your 1st time there (and it's not) you are your best touring plan you know the layout, think of what other people would do and go with your gut feeling, and be observant you never know what you might encounter, it sounds like really weird advice but it hasn't let me down yet
I agree completely, have never gotten any touring site plans, only my knowledge of the parks, tips gathered on the internet and the gut feelings when I'm in the park as to where is best to go next!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #2209
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Found the Grunt Package, guess I'll get that one for us as it includes the Railroad, Wrestling and Food. Maybe 3 of those and a Zipline for me if DFi let's me!
If you do the zipline your a bigger man then me, I'm not so much afraid of the gators (they are well feed) it's the height issue for me When you feed the gators throw the food to the side of it's mouth they can't see straight on, since there eyes are on the sides

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #2210
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you do the zipline your a bigger man then me, I'm not so much afraid of the gators (they are well feed) it's the height issue for me When you feed the gators throw the food to the side of it's mouth they can't see straight on, since there eyes are on the sides
Thanks for the tip! If I do the Zipline (and survive to tell the tale!) you all from the club will surely know all about it!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #2211
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Evereytime I eat at a park it seems really rushed, If I have a nice steak in front of me I want to enjoy it

For the question you had about QS to go, you can get Earl of Sandwich to go, most of the QS places use black plates & black plates usually have lids to fit them, so before you order I would ask if they have lids for the plates
I completely understand that. I think the rushing comes from within for me, lol. Because I know all those rides are out there

Thanks, I appreciate that. You or anyone else know about snack items like baked goods and such. Being from MI I know most fudge places tend to package fudge quite nicely and I would def bring in with me as carry on. Just curious as I may stop off in France/ Germany to get some baked goods for the road.
Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #2212
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I am very new to DISborads, can anyone point me in the direction of how to add tickers/ pictures/ ect?
Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #2213
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I completely understand that. I think the rushing comes from within for me, lol. Because I know all those rides are out there

Thanks, I appreciate that. You or anyone else know about snack items like baked goods and such. Being from MI I know most fudge places tend to package fudge quite nicely and I would def bring in with me as carry on. Just curious as I may stop off in France/ Germany to get some baked goods for the road.
Go to post #286, don't know if they are still all current, but it might steer you in the right direction Check the last post of thread it directs you to

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-26-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #2214
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
From my memory, we did TSM FP, we usually go there 1st in AM, grab FP, and then ride it standby. I think they were around 1 or 2 PM. For Soarin, FP first thing and then ride is about 11:00 AM.
Yikes! I haven't seen TSM yet, so had no idea about that except it was popular.

Quote:
I have never visited or plan on ever using any type of touring site, As long as it's not your 1st time there (and it's not) you are your best touring plan you know the layout, think of what other people would do and go with your gut feeling, and be observant you never know what you might encounter, it sounds like really weird advice but it hasn't let me down yet

As far as FP times in August, Brian and myself were in line for about 5 mins waiting to get a FP and the time had a 20 minute change within in that time
Yes, you're probably right, I just haven't been to WDW in a while. Looking at the touring plans is a good jog for my memory. Also just to stay organized, since I have to tour a little differently from the rest of the family. But yeah, I've got so many tweaks in the touring plans, they don't look anything like what they started out as!

And thanks for putting me in the Commando Role Call! I shall try to live up to the honor.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #2215
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Ok, so I am very new to DISborads, can anyone point me in the direction of how to add tickers/ pictures/ ect?
Here you go:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947588

Ron, you might want to peek at these too!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #2216
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

So yesterday was insane....I am pretty sure I spent most of the day going " I wanted to do that actually, but....." so hopefully AK will be better.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #2217
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Ok...so after spending most of yesterday trying to actually do something I wanted to do without being rushed through it and then sitting there while everyone else did what they wanted, I got railroaded into 150 dollar dinner for my friend's dad's bday. Then I let myself get suckered into a timeshare presentation. They were 30 minutes late and when we got to the place they were rude and informed us that the 90 minute presentation we were told was going to happen would actually not start until some guy came to get us (who knows how long that would take) then we would get breakfast before the 90 minute presentation! At this rate it would be 11:00 before we got to shades of green to buy our military tickets. So we had to talk to a manager after being ignored by the spanish speaking check in ladies (yes, ma'am I do speak spanish....and no ma'am I don't care why your boyfriend missed dinner yestrday, thank you very much!) Now DH and I are using the time to go get tickets and hopefully manage a nice breakfast at the kona cafe. We kinda have to go the long way since the driver hs no idea where shades of green is so we are getting dropped off at MK! On a lighter note I found I actually do like butterbeer!

Henry Ward Beecher
Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #2218
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Yikes! I haven't seen TSM yet, so had no idea about that except it was popular.
As you walk towards TSM, the line to get a FP is long and backs way up. We've always rode TSM twice - FP for later and then first ride of day - but the new star tours return now has me wanting to ride Star Tours.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #2219
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Asked the monorail driver if he had transportation cards. He said they are on backorder. Boooooo!

Henry Ward Beecher
Old 09-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #2220
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Ok...so after spending most of yesterday trying to actually do something I wanted to do without being rushed through it and then sitting there while everyone else did what they wanted, I got railroaded into 150 dollar dinner for my friend's dad's bday. Then I let myself get suckered into a timeshare presentation. They were 30 minutes late and when we got to the place they were rude and informed us that the 90 minute presentation we were told was going to happen would actually not start until some guy came to get us (who knows how long that would take) then we would get breakfast before the 90 minute presentation! At this rate it would be 11:00 before we got to shades of green to buy our military tickets. So we had to talk to a manager after being ignored by the spanish speaking check in ladies (yes, ma'am I do speak spanish....and no ma'am I don't care why your boyfriend missed dinner yestrday, thank you very much!)!
That doesn't sounds fun. Hope it gets better.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: