Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #2191
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I canceled our Whispering Canyon ADR due to the menu change, this the ADR's for the week (hope there are no more menu changes)

Sun - Bongo's - 4:55 dinner
Mon - Ohana - 5:10 dinner
Tues - Le Cellier - 1:20 lunch
Wed - Teppen Edo - 4:00 dinner
Thurs - Boma - 4:55 dinner
Fri - T-Rex - 1:30 lunch
Sat - Ohana - 7:35 breakfast

Now I have to figure out the what park when, there are not a lot of EMH,s going on this week (this is the week they take down the Halloween & transform to Christmas) + I want to get my fill of the Food & Wine Fest
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #2192
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Ok guys I am finally out of the hotel! Woohoooooo. Had to wait for my friends parents thi morning. They were supposed to go on an hour timeshare mandatory presentation for their club and it ended up being 3 hours instead. So yay. Ugggg. We are now sitting inline at the parking gates at universal. We start at animal kingdom tomorrow! B-)
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #2193
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I canceled our Whispering Canyon ADR due to the menu change, this the ADR's for the week (hope there are no more menu changes)

Now I have to figure out the what park when, there are not a lot of EMH,s going on this week (this is the week they take down the Halloween & transform to Christmas) + I want to get my fill of the Food & Wine Fest
We went to Bongos on our Disneymoon and thought it was great. We keep saying we will return when dds are old enough. Great music and great food.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #2194
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
So far I am looking to a 9 night/ 10 day trip. I will be using the DxDP as it comes out slightly better than breaking even (that's me looking at the menus and ordering what I would normally not what's included. Sometimes I may not order an appetizer and dessert so really my savings on the DP are going to be pretty substantial to the experience hunny and I will get to have.) I plan on doing 5 WDW park days, staying on base, lol, I mean on-site and having one full free day at WDW and 2 days at Universal. No car (this could change later but for now not including it) and I am looking between AK or BLT (my current planning goes off of a AK stay as the resorts location presents the bigger challenge). Arriving early on arrival day and leaving late on departure day. Rough sketch of plans is as follows:

Day 1: Arrive, eat lunch at Fulton's. DTD and mini golf. Dinner at Jiko. AMC movie at Fork and Spoon or just dancing around DTD (or both )

Day 2: MK- Crystal Palace Bfast either prior/ at RD or late if MK has am EMH. Dinner at Be our Guest. DQ after unless EMH in PM. Will probably hit everything in the am a few times, then go to a nearby resort or something midday, then finish the park later in the afternoon. As a family we always started at MK and I like it that way so EMH is not a necessity on this day.

Day 3: Epcot (FW)- RD arrival (of course, we are commando-ing after all). Lunch at Coral Reef. Head to MGM (DHS for post 00's DISers) and Dinner at Mama Melrose's (with Fantasmic pkg). I need this to be a EMH day (preferably a pm EMH for MGM for late night TOT rides!).

Day 4: Early Bfast at Boma. Day at Universal Studios and night time at City Walk.

Day 5: Free Day! (Sunday) Brunch at House of Blues, Spa, Para-sailing, Hotel Pool, Dinner at CG. Hoping this will be a MK fireworks night. Stop at QS (ESPN/ Boardwalk area/ EoS) for sandwiches for Day 6.

Day 6: Universal IOA. Dinner at Chef Mickey's and dessert at Citricose.

Day 7: AK- RD arrival (morning EMH) late breakfast at Tusker House. Blizzard Beach. Late Dinner at Marrakesh.

Day 8: Tongo Toast stop at Captain Cook's. MK. Lunch at Kona. Epcot (WS)- Dinner at Teppan Edo.

Day 9: BB. Lunch at Sunshine Season's. MGM. Dinner at Cape May. end at whichever park has pm EMH.

Day 10: WGP Bfast and Fork and Spoon (if we didnt get in on day 1). This day has some built in lee-way. I figure hunny can choose a resort breakfast buffet we go to WGP for lunch.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo. . . I know it's a lot to take in, but this is where my head's at. I tried to plan things in the same area, even if I listed it in wrong order, similar locals tend to be on the same day to avoid too much ripping and running. My two major questions are: Will all/ most QS locations pack items to-go even if they are hot? (e.g. WGP). I plan on taking snacks home. In the event I fly which snacks travel well and how? Thank you!
Looks good, I see you are a park hopper, I always park hop, some will say it takes time to hop, but I like to do it to keep things fresh during the day, I'll make up the time lost somewhere during the course of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Yeah, we're planning of going to Gatorland, it will be a first for us. Always heard of it, but when we got to it we couldn't find a time slot to insert it!

The only package I've read about was the Zipline one, what kinds of things are a la carte if you have the regular ticket?
Has anyone here done the Zipline? I'm thinking of doing it, but my DFi isn't buying that idea! For her, anything that could get me killed before the wedding is a no-go!
I saw the Zipline, I thought it was crazy Zipping over all those gators.

But some other things you can get in the package is Train ride, Gator food to feed them, & Gator wrestling (you don't really wrestle them, they have a 6-8footer calmed with tape around it's mouth, you can get a pic sitting on it hold it's mouth, it was pretty cool
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #2195
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Nah, I didn't really go to Africa, but that's the only thing I could think of with similarly complicated logistics!
OK you got me good on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Ok guys I am finally out of the hotel! Woohoooooo. Had to wait for my friends parents thi morning. They were supposed to go on an hour timeshare mandatory presentation for their club and it ended up being 3 hours instead. So yay. Ugggg. We are now sitting inline at the parking gates at universal. We start at animal kingdom tomorrow! B-)
Timeshare presentations, they are only quick if you buy, otherwise they try to pressure you to buy, guess they figure you will give in if they keep you there, Have a great time, AK love that park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We went to Bongos on our Disneymoon and thought it was great. We keep saying we will return when dds are old enough. Great music and great food.
That's good to hear, We have never been there before, but we try to add at least one or two places we never ate before into the mix

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #2196
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
I once got up and walked out of a timeshare sales pitch at Westgate. The salesman literally tracked us to the parking lot and tried to flag down the minivan- we nearly hit him on our way out!

I'm having trouble making a touring plan and have a question for you Commandos-

I can't ride anything rough- consequently I am the designated FP fetcher most of the time. I've been trying to incorporate this into my touring plan at touringplans.com but it's not working. Is there any other touring plan that works better, or do you use any commercial plan at all?

Also, if I get a FP at TSM or KS right when the park opens on a moderately busy day, when will the return time be? How about Soarin' on a slow day?

Thanks!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #2197
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

I am indeed a park hopper and proud I find that it actually saves time because I can eat a park where I may not want to spend the day. That comes in handy whether you use a DDP or not because some parks (AK and DHS for example) I don't eat too much in, atleast not TS meals. Yes, it also breaks up the trip quit well
Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #2198
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Also, if I get a FP at TSM or KS right when the park opens on a moderately busy day, when will the return time be? How about Soarin' on a slow day?

Thanks!
From my memory, we did TSM FP, we usually go there 1st in AM, grab FP, and then ride it standby. I think they were around 1 or 2 PM. For Soarin, FP first thing and then ride is about 11:00 AM.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #2199
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I am indeed a park hopper and proud I find that it actually saves time because I can eat a park where I may not want to spend the day. That comes in handy whether you use a DDP or not because some parks (AK and DHS for example) I don't eat too much in, atleast not TS meals. Yes, it also breaks up the trip quit well
My excuse to park hop is dinner, besides Epcot I always eat at a Resort or DTD I want a really good meal and so far I have not found it in AK, HS or MK, they all have a couple of good QS restaurants, IMO for really good food you probably would have to leave the park (unless your in Epcot), if you are looking for high end the Dolphin with Bluezoo & Shula's is a good place to go

Evereytime I eat at a park it seems really rushed, If I have a nice steak in front of me I want to enjoy it

For the question you had about QS to go, you can get Earl of Sandwich to go, most of the QS places use black plates & black plates usually have lids to fit them, so before you order I would ask if they have lids for the plates

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-25-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #2200
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:

COMMANDER! you need to update your "ticker" when exactly are you going again?
I keep trying to figure out if you're there at the same time as me?

Off topic- where's Bongo's-never been there, DTD?
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #2201
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I once got up and walked out of a timeshare sales pitch at Westgate. The salesman literally tracked us to the parking lot and tried to flag down the minivan- we nearly hit him on our way out!

I'm having trouble making a touring plan and have a question for you Commandos-

I can't ride anything rough- consequently I am the designated FP fetcher most of the time. I've been trying to incorporate this into my touring plan at touringplans.com but it's not working. Is there any other touring plan that works better, or do you use any commercial plan at all?

Thanks!
I have never visited or plan on ever using any type of touring site, As long as it's not your 1st time there (and it's not) you are your best touring plan you know the layout, think of what other people would do and go with your gut feeling, and be observant you never know what you might encounter, it sounds like really weird advice but it hasn't let me down yet

As far as FP times in August, Brian and myself were in line for about 5 mins waiting to get a FP and the time had a 20 minute change within in that time

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-25-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #2202
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
COMMANDER! you need to update your "ticker" when exactly are you going again?
I keep trying to figure out if you're there at the same time as me?

Off topic- where's Bongo's-never been there, DTD?
Bongo's is in DTD near the movies

I will be there Nov 4-10

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #2203
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

3 days to go...please throw in a suggestion for my 1 TS credit left.
ADR- Boma's, Tutto Italia, Artist Pointe (2x), Narcoossee's (2x)
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 09-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #2204
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
3 days to go...please throw in a suggestion for my 1 TS credit left.
ADR- Boma's, Tutto Italia, Artist Pointe (2x), Narcoossee's (2x)
Let's see you got your African ,Italian, High end specialty, And High end seafood

I would go for one of these - Teppen Edo for a Japanese Habachi - A LeCeller Lunch for steak, and although I've not yet been there Bongo's for Spanish (Cuban)

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #2205
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
Let's see you got your African ,Italian, High end specialty, And High end seafood

I would go for one of these - Teppen Edo for a Japanese Habachi - A LeCeller Lunch for steak, and although I've not yet been there Bongo's for Spanish (Cuban)
We think alike...I was thinking Teppen Edo, as a "drop in" cause we LOVE Japanese, LeCellier haven't been able to get ADR's (been trying since May), and seriously thinking about Bongo's because of your last post...

I am totally stoked about W&F festival and using "snack credits" for some great grazing/meal options
WDW Commando Member#199

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: