Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #2131
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Got it now!- I guess I've always been a good trooper and only use it within in window.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #2132
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Ran it past my wife that next year I would like to do a 12day trip, 7days in WDW, 1 Busch Gardens Tampa, 1 Seaworld, 1 Legoland, 1 Gatorland, 1 day water park then see Blue Man group at night, she looked at me a smiled, I think it might happen
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #2133
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Ran it past my wife that next year I would like to do a 12day trip, 7days in WDW, 1 Busch Gardens Tampa, 1 Seaworld, 1 Legoland, 1 Gatorland, 1 day water park then see Blue Man group at night, she looked at me a smiled, I think it might happen
I've done 3 trips, that were 10 days or more, it's awesome! Although I've never made it to any other theme parks, just WDW and surrounding area only. It's really fun because I don't feel (or make those with me) the pressure to do EVERYTHING in a day. I usually buy an annual pass for me & get the UK 10 days tickets from Undercovertourist for the others. So the annual pass will do two weeks at the beginning of the "year" and then I'll book the last two before they expire the next year (it's like getting a free trip the next year)
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #2134
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
We've never done over 10 days. We'd have to go in summer to do that with school schedule. Sounds fun.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #2135
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
That would be fantastic!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #2136
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

That really does sound amazing. I have done Busch Gardens VA but never in Florida and have always thought it might be fun. We are doing two days at Universal this year and HHN (soooo excited). I have never been to the one in Florida but grew up with passes to Universal Studios Hollywood. I am thrilled our trip is coming up so quick but freaked out all the same. Money is really tight right now and we are looking into redoing all the concrete around our house. We are tired of the leaks it is causing to come into the house. With the rainy season coming up it seems like a neccessity...so keep talking about your trip please. After this one I may be living through all of you for a while.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher

Last edited by stitchywoman; 09-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #2137
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

At the end of the month my wife and I are going to Busch Gardens Va for Hallowscream this time we are doing it a whole new way, since we made such good use of our passes, I decided that we would spend the $ and get unlimited front of line access passes for the day it's costing $110 total, but we should be able to do everything 2 or 3 times without waiting, I felt this would be cool and a treat since this our 1 day we visit the park without my son (he would be way too scared)

Now lowballing park admissions if you paid out of pocket this is how far ahead of the game we are for the year

- Seseme Place 11 times and going once for Halloween for a total of 12 times, lowballing at $40 per visit for the 3 of us would have been $1440 + preferred parking at $18 a pop $216

- We went to Busch Gardens Va 5 times, with 4 times at the water park, plus my wife and I are going 1 more time, so lowballing it let's say $50 it would come to $850 + preferred parking at $18 comes to $108

-We did Busch Gardens Tampa once, lets say $50 per person $150 + $18 preferred parking

- In Nov we are doing Seaworld 1 day figure $60 per person $180 + $18 preferred parking

So if we didn't have passes or discount tickets it would have come to at least $2980 we paid $169 per person for our passes when they were 25% off for a total of $507 + tax but basically we are $2473 ahead of the game, I think we got our monies worth

And that's not including the pass discounts on food and merchandise
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #2138
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread and it looks amazing!

I'm a huge planner and I believe I fit right in! Sign me up!

On my next trip I'm introducing Orlando to my DFiancee's family. We're staying for 16 nights and 15.5 days (we're arriving on late evening and leaving on late afternoon).
For now the planning includes:
7.5 Disney park days
3 Universal/IoA days
1 Busch Gardens day
1.5 Sea World days
0.5 Gatorland day
1 full outlet shopping day
2 half day shopping days (specially bridal and wedding stuff as I'm getting married next year and my DFiancee wants at least to look for some gown ideas if she doesn't to buy the gown in this trip! )

I've included more of our plans on my Pre-TR and when I'm done reading this huge thread I'll see if I can contribute with some commando strategies or if I'll have to admit I'm still a beginner!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #2139
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post

On my next trip I'm introducing Orlando to my DFiancee's family. We're staying for 16 nights and 15.5 days (we're arriving on late evening and leaving on late afternoon).
7.5 Disney park days
3 Universal/IoA days
1 Busch Gardens day
1.5 Sea World days
0.5 Gatorland day
2 half day shopping days (specially bridal and wedding stuff as I'm getting married next year and my DFiancee wants at least to look for some gown ideas if she doesn't to buy the gown in this trip! )

I've included more of our plans on my Pre-TR and when I'm done reading this huge thread I'll see if I can contribute with some commando strategies or if I'll have to admit I'm still a beginner!
Welcome. That is a mega trip. Have a great time.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #2140
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

7.5 Disney park days
3 Universal/IoA days
1 Busch Gardens day
1.5 Sea World days
0.5 Gatorland day

You are member #215 And our 1st Commando member from Brazil, This looks like this is going to be a very important trip for you, A lot of places planned and I'm sure you are going for the WOW Factor If you have any questions just ask, we don't bite, and remember the only dumb question is the one not asked

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #2141
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are member #215 And our 1st Commando member from Brazil, This looks like this is going to be a very important trip for you, A lot of places planned and I'm sure you are going for the WOW Factor If you have any questions just ask, we don't bite, and remember the only dumb question is the one not asked
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you all and I hope I can contribute as well!

No other Commandos from Brazil? Well, I know a couple friends that like to plan a lot to go commando style (probably not as much as myself though! ). Completely the opposite of the dreaded Brazilian tour groups! I've always been in WDW in Fall/Winter and will certainly NEVER go in July due to them!

This is my 6th trip to WDW (people keep asking why I want to return to a place I've been many times, but I don't feel that has been many times! )

Last trip my family (DDad, DMom, DSis) got to introduce WDW to my DGF (now DFiancee) and DSis's DBF (now her DH) and even though they were a little skeptics they LOVED it (who wouldn't, right?)
Since them me and DFiancee have been planning to bring her DMom and DBrother to WDW but something always got in the way, but not this time!

I'm sure going for the WOW factor! I'm just laying low with telling them all my plans (besides what park we're hitting each day and briefing them with pics from previous trips) as with just that they are thinking I'm planning too much (DFiancee knows it better as she saw last trip that good planning makes for a great time! )

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #2142
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishduffy View Post
The Dream FP's were part of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion about 2 yrs ago. If you won one, you automatically had FP's for all the major rides in that park. They no longer are around as it was just part of that short promotion.

I basically just read the threads of people who had won and found out most people won them early in the morning (before 10:00 am). I also found out alot of people won them on The Great Movie Ride. So I arranged for my group to ride that ride early one morning, and by sheer dumb luck we ended up winning some! That is one of our funnier Disney moments, they still can't believe it worked.
I loved those Dream FPs!!!

One morning in my last trip (Dec 2007) we were in DHS (MGM Studios back then!) at rope drop, ran to ToT as soon as it opened, got a FP and entered the standby line. We were in one of the first pre-shows of the day and when the pre-show ended and the door opened in came some CMs saying that today a dream was coming true and gave everyone in that room Dream FPs!!!
It was great not having to get FPs for smaller attractions like Indy and Little Mermaid (and still being able to use FP to enter those!) and being able to focus our FPs into ToT and RnRC (rode both about 3-4 times that day!)

Too bad they aren't offered anymore!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #2143
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you all and I hope I can contribute as well!

No other Commandos from Brazil? Well, I know a couple friends that like to plan a lot to go commando style (probably not as much as myself though! ). Completely the opposite of the dreaded Brazilian tour groups! I've always been in WDW in Fall/Winter and will certainly NEVER go in July due to them!

This is my 6th trip to WDW (people keep asking why I want to return to a place I've been many times, but I don't feel that has been many times! )

Last trip my family (DDad, DMom, DSis) got to introduce WDW to my DGF (now DFiancee) and DSis's DBF (now her DH) and even though they were a little skeptics they LOVED it (who wouldn't, right?)
Since them me and DFiancee have been planning to bring her DMom and DBrother to WDW but something always got in the way, but not this time!

I'm sure going for the WOW factor! I'm just laying low with telling them all my plans (besides what park we're hitting each day and briefing them with pics from previous trips) as with just that they are thinking I'm planning too much (DFiancee knows it better as she saw last trip that good planning makes for a great time! )
What do you have planed for dinners A good day of touring deserves a good meal

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #2144
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Speaking of dinner's I'm a firm believer that timing is everything, last trip we only ate at 4 restaurants on property I had a ADR for 3 of them, I always try to get 1st seating since you will be seated quickly, the kitchen is not backed up, and you can be on your way ready for more touring

This was my wait time last trip
- T-Rex had no ADR, since we didn't know what time we would be there, but we walked right
- Shula's had a 5pm ADR at 5pm we were the 1st seated
- Whispering Canyon had a 5pm ADR and once again were the 1st seated
- Teppen Edo had a 4:10pm ADR , checked in around 3:55 and started walking up the stairs to the waiting area, by the time we got to the top of the stairs the pager was going off, we were seated by 4pm

I've done many other times, but have found between waiting to get in and some people taking there sweet ole time eating it backs everything up, and you lose a lot of time you could be spending in the park instead of waiting to eat dinner

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #2145
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
I always try to get 1st seating since you will be seated quickly, the kitchen is not backed up, and you can be on your way ready for more touring
What is 1 seating?? this is my learn something new

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: