Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #2086
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Have you ever noticed at places such as Tough To Be A Bug, Muppets, Philharmonic, Laugh Factory, little Mermaid etc. There always seems to be people that insist on sitting in the middle even though announcements are made to move all the way down filling all available seats

Why do people feel entitled to just sit anywhere when it's going to be a full house This just gets people trying to find a seat mad and creates a delay in the show starting since they have to wait till everyone is seated, thus makes wait time for those in line that much longer

If everyone just followed the CM's directions things would go a lot smoother, has anyone else noticed this
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #2087
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Have you ever noticed at places such as Tough To Be A Bug, Muppets, Philharmonic, Laugh Factory, little Mermaid etc. There always seems to be people that insist on sitting in the middle even though announcements are made to move all the way down filling all available seats

Why do people feel entitled to just sit anywhere when it's going to be a full house This just gets people trying to find a seat mad and creates a delay in the show starting since they have to wait till everyone is seated, thus makes wait time for those in line that much longer

If everyone just followed the CM's directions things would go a lot smoother, has anyone else noticed this
Always notice this... and we purposely let the bulk of the people in before us, knowing they will be asked to move. Thusly securing us a seat near the centre of the theatre.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #2088
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Time for a rant

I took my munchkins to the State Fair with my parents sister and niece this week. My parents were running the show since they paid for all the tickets. Other than getting there at 8:30 to have mini doughnuts before the Grandstand opened at 9 there was no plan. Once we finished the grandstand it was just meandering up and down the streets. We missed at least half a dozen things that people wanted to do and wound up at the kidway during the heat of the day. We did a great job of eating our way through the fair but missed out on a lot of attractions. Next year I'll be pushing for more of a plan of attack right away.

On the other hand I'll be going to the Renaissance Festival with some coworkers this weekend. I already have a rough plan of attack based on the show schedule and to make sure they see as many booths as possible. If you're gonna pay to get into a place why not plan your work and work your plan to get the most bang for your buck?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #2089
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Because some people think WDW is their personal, private vacation. They expect a free upgrade from POP to POLY, dining without ADRs, and FPs to every ride. Those usually are the ones who go home disappointed. My strategy is to get to the front row, so no tall people in front of dds.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #2090
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I took my munchkins to the State Fair with my parents sister and niece this week. My parents were running the show since they paid for all the tickets. Other than getting there at 8:30 to have mini doughnuts before the Grandstand opened at 9 there was no plan. Once we finished the grandstand it was just meandering up and down the streets. We missed at least half a dozen things that people wanted to do and wound up at the kidway during the heat of the day. We did a great job of eating our way through the fair but missed out on a lot of attractions. Next year I'll be pushing for more of a plan of attack right away.

On the other hand I'll be going to the Renaissance Festival with some coworkers this weekend. I already have a rough plan of attack based on the show schedule and to make sure they see as many booths as possible. If you're gonna pay to get into a place why not plan your work and work your plan to get the most bang for your buck?
Rant away. We understand.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #2091
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Because some people think WDW is their personal, private vacation. They expect a free upgrade from POP to POLY, dining without ADRs, and FPs to every ride. Those usually are the ones who go home disappointed. My strategy is to get to the front row, so no tall people in front of dds.
I like that strategy, it does happen often that a family will sit in front of you and the biggest person winds up sitting in front or a kid, I myself look before I sit since I'm the tallest in our group, I will not sit purposely in front of a child, but once I'm seated whoever sits behind me it's their job to seat their child so he can see
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #2092
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

I will say for these events a rough plan might be all you can do since they are not permanent events, but once you get there they should have some kind of map or event sheet, if you stop take a few minutes and look it over real good you can come up with a plan that you can get to see everything they have to offer and things you might miss if you didn't study the map or event sheet

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #2093
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
I will say for these events a rough plan might be all you can do since they are not permanent events, but once you get there they should have some kind of map or event sheet, if you stop take a few minutes and look it over real good you can come up with a plan that you can get to see everything they have to offer and things you might miss if you didn't study the map or event sheet
I totally agree that you can't have a comprehensive plan. But you need to have some idea what you're going to do. After the grandstand my dad suggested we go down one block without consulting a map or schedule. Turned out we were an hour off for everything the rest of the day. Again if we would have looked at the daily schedule for five minutes we would have a game plan and hit everything.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #2094
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I totally agree that you can't have a comprehensive plan. But you need to have some idea what you're going to do. After the grandstand my dad suggested we go down one block without consulting a map or schedule. Turned out we were an hour off for everything the rest of the day. Again if we would have looked at the daily schedule for five minutes we would have a game plan and hit everything.
Sometimes 5 minutes of quick planning can make the difference

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #2095
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Commando Law!

Can I get a seconded?

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #2096
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Commando Law!

Can I get a seconded?
Seconded

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #2097
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Seconded
All in favor say ARR!
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #2098
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

ARRRR!!! I will admit there are times, when going to a major day event that's impossible to go Commando. Case in point next month. The family is headed to the biggest vintage car parts swapmeet in the Pacific Northwest, in Monroe, Washington in Oct. It's a 3 hr drive from here,(we have to cross over the border, as we're Canadians EH!). It is massive, as it's held at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds (takes it completely over in fact). So we intend to divide and conquer, DH with DS9 and me with DS8. Have to find the walkie talkies to keep in touch. Caught the second day of it last year, when we went to adopt Muttley, our singing Greyhound (howls at the emergency vehicle sirens if they get loud enough), and were hooked. Have a greyt day everyone!

Trish
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #2099
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Quote:
You should see me when I go to a commercial wine tasting event with an entire ballroom of tasting tables. I've got my map, my spread sheets, my plan of attack, the whole nine yards. Every strategy I ever learned at WDW is employed. The folks I go with always laugh at my planning skills and obsessions, but 30 minutes in, they thank me profusely for having a plan that beats the crowds, gets us the best wines, and maximizes our enjoyment. It warms my heart. Or maybe that's just the wine!

P.S. Please add me to the Commando Roll Call. At one time or another, I have been the very first person on Space Mountain as well as the last person off it at night. That has to count for something, right? Pretty cool exiting the ride as the cars are being sidetracked and the floors are being swept.

Last edited by JimmyV; 09-01-2012 at 10:57 AM.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #2100
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
All in favor say ARR!

ARRR! I've spend the entire day (today) planning my trip for the end of the this month. Of course all ADR were made within 3 days of booking, but now the rest of "touring plan" completed.

I downloaded apps from Disney (official one), UndercoverTourist, and full version of Touringplans.com

General outline of plans below, feel free to add any suggestions (e.g.; best places for snack credit & CS in parks)

2 Adults: Me (Disney Freak, 13th trip) Dh- only goes to WDW cuz I drag him with me (6th trip)
7 days/5dayPH/DDP-AKL

Arrive Sat. Sept 29- Travel day, so ME to AKL and the rest of the day enjoying hotel. Dinner at Boma 5:30pm
Sun: MK ( 2 CS meals today somewhere around MK)
Mon: EP (Wine & Food festival) ADR's Narcoossee's 6pm (watch Fireworks & Water Parade from GF)
Tues: Car Rental-shopping DTD- Blue Man Group at 7pm
Wed: DS
Thrus. AK, ADR -Artist Pointe (WL) 7pm
Fri: whatever still hasn't been done: ADR @ Tutto Italia 5pm
Sat: enjoying the last day around the hotel until 3pm- fight out at 5

1TS each still to use "spur of the moment"

this will be more enjoying AKL than heavy duty park touring.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: