Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #196
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Sign me up! Reporting for rope drop racing this November. Commandos beware: arrive late and your plans will wilt in the hot sun and long lines. Became a commando in 1988 before the internet hit my home and Sehlinger's book thickness was only three fourths an inch. Had to storyboard using only that. Worked like a charm until our first-visit-poor planning didn't take into account the need for rain ponchos. Getting wet then going into Horizons froze us out of the park early. Next beware the fatigue factor. Commando two days then expect body rebellion, late sleep and arrival when lines are Maxed out. Commando first two hours after rope drop then go into smell-the-roses mode.
You are member #80. Nov. is a great time to go, as long as you are armed with a poncho & some warm clothes, you never know what it's going to do in FL. Our last 2 trips luckily it didn't rain and it wasn't too hot, got more then planned done The only downfall about Nov. is the EMH's are cut back, since the parks close earlier
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #197
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I see some of you use Ridemax, I'm not familiar with it, what exactly is it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #198
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

This trip I will NOT Commando this time. Nosiree. I think it'll be harder with two kids anyways, in particular a tempermental 2yr old

Well, not much anyways....
BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #199
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

As a child, I always vacationed with my extended family in tow. It was never just me, little bro, Mom, and Dad-- no siree, we had Grandma, Grandpa, aunt, uncle, and two little cousins along for the ride!

Having up to ten people on each vacation, you'd think some serious planning would ensue, but nope. They all had a general idea of what we were going to do, but there was a lot of "Hmm, what do you think, Auntie? Oh, I don't know, what does Grandpa think? How about Lil' Cousin, what does he want to do?" Needless to say, by the time we made a decision, I don't think anyone really wanted to do anything anymore!

Gotta love 'em, but what a crew they were to travel with. I think this endless game of uncertainty and indecision turned me into the planner I am today. I don't schedule down to the minute, but even though most of my vacations are just with my (very meticulous) husband, I always print a basic itinerary. When we go to bed each night, we know what we want to accomplish the next day, and because of this, we usually get everything done but still have some room for flexibility. (I do enjoy the spontaneous surprises that you never plan for, too!)

My big, chaotic family is amazed when I tell them what we manage to do on just a weekend trip. The miracle of planning!

Moving to South Korea in August. Hoping my next Disney trip is to Tokyo DisneySea!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #200
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
This trip I will NOT Commando this time. Nosiree. I think it'll be harder with two kids anyways, in particular a tempermental 2yr old

Well, not much anyways....
You are member #81. I know you say that you will NOT Commando this trip, but sometime during the trip I'm sure some of your Commando ways will come out to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMP03 View Post
As a child, I always vacationed with my extended family in tow. It was never just me, little bro, Mom, and Dad-- no siree, we had Grandma, Grandpa, aunt, uncle, and two little cousins along for the ride!
Having up to ten people on each vacation, you'd think some serious planning would ensue, but nope. They all had a general idea of what we were going to do, but there was a lot of "Hmm, what do you think, Auntie? Oh, I don't know, what does Grandpa think? How about Lil' Cousin, what does he want to do?" Needless to say, by the time we made a decision, I don't think anyone really wanted to do anything anymore!

Gotta love 'em, but what a crew they were to travel with. I think this endless game of uncertainty and indecision turned me into the planner I am today. I don't schedule down to the minute, but even though most of my vacations are just with my (very meticulous) husband, I always print a basic itinerary. When we go to bed each night, we know what we want to accomplish the next day, and because of this, we usually get everything done but still have some room for flexibility. (I do enjoy the spontaneous surprises that you never plan for, too!)

My big, chaotic family is amazed when I tell them what we manage to do on just a weekend trip. The miracle of planning!
You are member #82. Alittle planning goes along way, it's always good to know what you want to see or do next, I see far to often at WDW people with no plan that make a wrong turn and enter ConfusionLand

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #201
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Please add me to the list. I obsess over ADR's to maximize our park touring. I haven't finalized our plans touring plans for September yet. Sigh!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #202
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
Please add me to the list. I obsess over ADR's to maximize our park touring. I haven't finalized our plans touring plans for September yet. Sigh!
That's enough to give me an ulcer! I'm about to make the list for each park of what order to do attractions for my Sept trip. Anyone know how to laminate without a laminating machine? I would hate for my lists to get wet and ruined!

Meanwhile I'm also trying to make the beginning plans for a January trip with my parents and sister. As much as I love planning a Disney trip, planning 2 at the same time just might kill me! We're well within the 180 day window and I can't get the family to agree on our one special dinner spot. I can't believe I don't have an ADR made yet!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #203
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
That's enough to give me an ulcer! I'm about to make the list for each park of what order to do attractions for my Sept trip. Anyone know how to laminate without a laminating machine? I would hate for my lists to get wet and ruined!
Clear contact paper!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #204
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Clear contact paper!
Thanks!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #205
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

jmm476, I ordered self-laminating paper from ebay for about $10 (and that was for several sheets. I got it two years ago and still have some left). I'm not sure if it's the same thing as the contact paper adsrtw mentioned.

Moving to South Korea in August. Hoping my next Disney trip is to Tokyo DisneySea!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #206
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
You are member #83. If it makes you feel any better, I usally don't have finalized plans till the night before I have all the ADR's and any hard ticket events set in stone, but I like to factor in what Mother Nature has in store, I have alot of time to kill getting there, I take the Autotrain in and I can put a plan of action together quickly from my rough drafts, people around me on the train often check some of their plans with me, I also help out if they ask, one family last year asked me to check out their plans (1st trip to WDW wet behind the ear) Well most of their plans got changed to maximize what they could handle. They took the same train home, at the station in FL the husband came up to me shook my hand and thanked me for tips, they had a awesome trip and said drinks were on him all night (let me tell you that's not a cheap night ) But it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-03-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #207
TinkerBellSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMP03 View Post
jmm476, I ordered self-laminating paper from ebay for about $10 (and that was for several sheets. I got it two years ago and still have some left). I'm not sure if it's the same thing as the contact paper adsrtw mentioned.
I was at Target yesterday and in the office supply section they had some "Self Sealing" Laminating paper and pouches. They were right next to the heat lamination stuff but clearly marked. Picked up some small pouches (bag tags) to laminate Lime Green Mickey and a small card with ADR numbers.

5 Days!!!

:
[/url]

TinkerBellSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:59 AM   #208
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

My name is Randall and I am an Incognito Commando. You might ask yourself what an Incognito Commando is. Well, I donít use binders or laminated sheets to plan or carry. Oh yes, I do spreadsheets, calendar and all kinds of info with Word, but when I am done, I move them all over to my Blackberry. Also with my Blackberry I have access to the Internet with all my favorite WDW websites. I just look at my phone for any info I need while in the park with no one the wiser. Plus I have the WDW Map app for it with lots park info wait times, calendars and location where everything is. I plan what parks for which days and then plan ADRís for that day. No set schedule, just what rides and shows we want to see. Of course being an Incognito Commando with a Blackberry helps to make that go smooth.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #209
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
My name is Randall and I am an Incognito Commando. You might ask yourself what an Incognito Commando is. Well, I donít use binders or laminated sheets to plan or carry. Oh yes, I do spreadsheets, calendar and all kinds of info with Word, but when I am done, I move them all over to my Blackberry. Also with my Blackberry I have access to the Internet with all my favorite WDW websites. I just look at my phone for any info I need while in the park with no one the wiser. Plus I have the WDW Map app for it with lots park info wait times, calendars and location where everything is. I plan what parks for which days and then plan ADRís for that day. No set schedule, just what rides and shows we want to see. Of course being an Incognito Commando with a Blackberry helps to make that go smooth.
I love that name! I went "Incognito" last year when I got a blackberry.... away went the laminated plans.... and everything went to the Blackberry. It was great. This year Dh and I have Droids. I guess it will work the same. We even have the "Lines app" to try out, and we are excited to see how that that will work.
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #210
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I use my phone too, just need to find a better app.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: