Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #2071
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Hey Ron... was nice meeting you and the family...

The kids all enjoyed getting together as well.

And guys... Commando showed me his notebook... he carries it with him, hand written every hour of every day.

We've got the right leader...
It was Great Meeting you guys to, you have to post a pic of all the kids together they had a blast hanging out

I'm pretty sure Brian is the only person who really ever got a good look at my little notebook, It is quite different then you would expect it is in past/future form,nothing is present, all the days and hours are there, but except for ADR's and other reservations it is blank till the end of the day, Why you might ask
You have to keep it real, you never know what you will encounter, that's part of the Magic
It does contain everything I want to get done during the trip, a complete schedule of all the shows and times for every park, things of interest, things to confirm etc

I think on the Nov trip before I leave I'll give the one I do to Randall before I leave and see if it works out for him
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #2072
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

My wife is telling me she wants everything unpacked tonite, but this week I will explain the pics that were posted in detail

Something a lot of people say about us Commandos is that we don't take time to stop a smell the roses, myself smelling roses will make me sneeze, but I can smell a awesome steak a mile away
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #2073
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

Did you get any awesome transportation cards?
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #2074
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Did you get any awesome transportation cards?
Yes I did, we scored 21 cards total, no boat cards (everyone was out of them, but a nice Captain said he would get us all the boat cards if we looked him up when we go back in Nov) We got 7 bus cards 1 complete set with 4 extra Nova cards and 14 monorail cards with 10 different monorails (missing 2) On this pic I purposely put the #25 card on top to show you I got it

After the Nov trip I'll see what double's I have and if you need them I'll send them to you to give your Husband for a Christmas Stocking Stuffer, since I know he really enjoys them.

I told my wife after dinner at Shula's that there would be a lot of Commando's who will most likely want to bring their husbands there after my review, and I will say it now you will be the wife of the century, they will LOVE it and talk about it for a long time, I'll try to get to that 1st this week
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #2075
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

OK let's talk Shula's

This was our 1st time there, and will not be the last, we arrived at The Dolphin around 4:45 and proceeded to the 2nd floor where Shula's is located, at 5pm on the button we were the 1st ones seated As we were walking in we felt a little out of place we were within dress code but for a moment I heard Goofy's voice in my head saying I'll put on my fancy pants

As we were being seated we were told that there would be 3 people taking care of us, about a minute later a man wearing a white jacket came out and asked what kind of water we would like, Ice, Bottled or Sparkling, I've never been asked this anywhere, we chose ice

Then the waiter came over to explain the menu to us, the entrees on the menu do not come with anything, everything is a side dish, and rolled over a cart with all the cuts of meat and what they look like, they were huge, but this was very interesting I've been to a lot of places but once again I've never encountered this. Also if you wanted 2 items on the dessert menu you had to order them while placing your order since they took a while to prepare

I chose the 24 oz Prime Rib, it had no bone, it was ALL meat My wife picked The crab cakes, for sides we split a salad, roasted corn & garlic mashed potatoes, my son ate before we went so we ordered him ice cream

Next the bread came out it was piping hot, I would almost bet it was made there, it was so good we almost finished the 2 loaves

Soon after the salad came out it was a wedge salad with bacon, diced tomatoes and a few other items I'm not sure exactly what they were but it was delicious

When the main course arrived and the prime rib was put in front of me the server asked if I could cut into the center to see if it was done to my liking, as I cut the meat it sliced like butter, and they server pulled out a flashlight so I could see it clearly, yet something else i've never encounteredg

My wife's crab cakes were huge, they were all real meat and she said they were the best she ever had

The sides - Roasted Corn, this is one you would have to try it was amazing, it was corn fresh off the cob with pieces of bacon, pepper, shallots and a couple other things, my mouth is watering just thinking about it My wife said the garlic mashed potatoes were the best she ever had, just enough garlic to give it flavor but not over powering

One thing my wife said to me after the waiter left is that maybe we should have not eaten so much bread

I did finish the whole prime rib, there was only about a ounce of fat on it and my wife was having troule finishing her crab cakes, it was a lot of food:roll eyes: My son's ice cream came in a huge edible almond toffee bowl with 3 scoops of ice cream, he was a bit overwhelmed that he got so much ice cream

When we were finished and the table was cleared, the man with the white jacket came over, put the salt & pepper shaker in his inside jacket pocket and ran a little scrapper along the table cloth to clean off any crumbs

We were beyond full, and turned down dessert, although the choices really sounded good, so we paid the bill and were on our way

It was a bit pricey but worth every penny, if you compared it to LeCeller at 2 TS credits, Shula's would be a easy 5 TS's

They do not advertise a child's menu but they do have one, although next time it will just be my wife and I on a special dinner night, My wife liked it so much that she is talking about going again next year for our 10th anniversary since her parents were thinking about meeting us in WDW next year, so they could babysit while we go eat

Shula's is definitely 5 star high class dining Your Husband or Wife will be most impressed
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 08-27-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #2076
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Something sad to report is that Goofy Candy factory Sour Cherry Balls have been discontinued, but I did find that Mouse Gear in Epcot still has them in the bulk candy section

Also I tried at 5 rides and covered all the parks, The Too Short To Ride Cards do Not Exist, no one ever even heard of them
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #2077
jmm476
DIS Veteran
 
jmm476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 998

Thanks for the report on Shulas I know DH would love the food, but he hates getting all dressed up for dinner. Maybe I can convince him one of these days...
__________________
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #2078
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
OK let's talk Shula's

This was our 1st time there, and will not be the last, we arrived at The Dolphin around 4:45 and proceeded to the 2nd floor where Shula's is located, at 5pm on the button we were the 1st ones seated As we were walking in we felt a little out of place we were within dress code but for a moment I heard Goofy's voice in my head saying I'll put on my fancy pants

As we were being seated we were told that there would be 3 people taking care of us, about a minute later a man wearing a white jacket came out and asked what kind of water we would like, Ice, Bottled or Sparkling, I've never been asked this anywhere, we chose ice

Then the waiter came over to explain the menu to us, the entrees on the menu do not come with anything, everything is a side dish, and rolled over a cart with all the cuts of meat and what they look like, they were huge, but this was very interesting I've been to a lot of places but once again I've never encountered this. Also if you wanted 2 items on the dessert menu you had to order them while placing your order since they took a while to prepare

I chose the 24 oz Prime Rib, it had no bone, it was ALL meat My wife picked The crab cakes, for sides we split a salad, roasted corn & garlic mashed potatoes, my son ate before we went so we ordered him ice cream

Next the bread came out it was piping hot, I would almost bet it was made there, it was so good we almost finished the 2 loaves

Soon after the salad came out it was a wedge salad with bacon, diced tomatoes and a few other items I'm not sure exactly what they were but it was delicious

When the main course arrived and the prime rib was put in front of me the server asked if I could cut into the center to see if it was done to my liking, as I cut the meat it sliced like butter, and they server pulled out a flashlight so I could see it clearly, yet something else i've never encounteredg

My wife's crab cakes were huge, they were all real meat and she said they were the best she ever had

The sides - Roasted Corn, this is one you would have to try it was amazing, it was corn fresh off the cob with pieces of bacon, pepper, shallots and a couple other things, my mouth is watering just thinking about it My wife said the garlic mashed potatoes were the best she ever had, just enough garlic to give it flavor but not over powering

One thing my wife said to me after the waiter left is that maybe we should have not eaten so much bread

I did finish the whole prime rib, there was only about a ounce of fat on it and my wife was having troule finishing her crab cakes, it was a lot of food:roll eyes: My son's ice cream came in a huge edible almond toffee bowl with 3 scoops of ice cream, he was a bit overwhelmed that he got so much ice cream

When we were finished and the table was cleared, the man with the white jacket came over, put the salt & pepper shaker in his inside jacket pocket and ran a little scrapper along the table cloth to clean off any crumbs

We were beyond full, and turned down dessert, although the choices really sounded good, so we paid the bill and were on our way

It was a bit pricey but worth every penny, if you compared it to LeCeller at 2 TS credits, Shula's would be a easy 5 TS's

They do not advertise a child's menu but they do have one, although next time it will just be my wife and I on a special dinner night, My wife liked it so much that she is talking about going again next year for our 10th anniversary since her parents were thinking about meeting us in WDW next year, so they could babysit while we go eat

Shula's is definitely 5 star high class dining Your Husband or Wife will be most impressed
Did you wear pants? I was planning golf shirt and dress shorts.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #2079
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Did you wear pants? I was planning golf shirt and dress shorts.
I wore a polo shirt & dress shorts, and a nice pair of sneakers
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #2080
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

My DH would be elated!!!!
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #2081
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
My DH would be elated!!!!
About the cards or Shula's
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #2082
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!
 
MaMudduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ptbo, Canada
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Did you wear pants? I was planning golf shirt and dress shorts.
when I first read this, I thought you were asking "Did the Commando go commando so he could eat the entire 24oz prime rib without his pants restricting the input"
I didn't see the "dress shorts" part
__________________
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #2083
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
when I first read this, I thought you were asking "Did the Commando go commando so he could eat the entire 24oz prime rib without his pants restricting the input"
I didn't see the "dress shorts" part
It might have been a good idea though, you have to figure with the prime rib, bread and sides it was well over 2 lbs of food
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2084
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
More from Ron.



"Here we are after haircut, barber shop was crazy busy, The Dapper Dans did not show up guess it was too busy? My son rates the Sorcerers game 2nd to Skylanders lol, we ran into a local who gave us like another 30 cards"
Lets do some pics, a couple of points of interest, both of us got the glitter in our hair

The shirt I'm wearing gets the attention of Chip & Dale, sometimes they act mad since they are the Duck, Duck, Goose World Champions, but that day when we meet them near Space Mountain they decided to play Duck, Duck, Goose with me and we were all running around
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2085
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

Came with ketchup.

I think pretty much everyone knows what happens when you ask for ketchup, If you order a large soda they bring it to you in a monster mason jar, it must be meant for someone who just came back from the surface of the sun
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: