Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #166
BabyPotatoHead
Earning My Ears

Add me to the commando list! I love using Ridemax to get the most of my day, while ensuring my husband that it is for the best, since we won't have to stand in line. I want to do WDW from sun-up to sundown every day were are in Orlando this Fall, can't wait.

I will be following this thread so I can learn some of the commando strategy.
BabyPotatoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #167
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPotatoHead View Post
Add me to the commando list! I love using Ridemax to get the most of my day, while ensuring my husband that it is for the best, since we won't have to stand in line. I want to do WDW from sun-up to sundown every day were are in Orlando this Fall, can't wait.

I will be following this thread so I can learn some of the commando strategy.
You are member #74. When will you be at WDW
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #168
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Has anyone done MVMCP, I will be going to it for the 1st time this year, I know its a timed event 5hrs, I want to get everything in, Anyone have any tips on MVMCP
dont go on a weekend or the "special ticket price" nights. it can get rather full!
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #169
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

My wife brought up planning for a vacation in 2011 yesterday... She wants to go somewhere for a week. Her idea is we can go to the Orlando (or as I call it, Disney) for a day or 2 and go to a beach for the rest of the week.

How commando can I be with a reluctant wife and an 18 month old with only 2 days in the parks?

It really doesn't work very well though, she doesn't appreciate Disney as much as I do and I get bored to death at the beach after about 2 hours.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #170
TinkerBellSam
Mouseketeer

Hope we are ready!!

Arriving 8:00 am Sunday morning August 8th. Hoping to make 8:45 rope drope at AK, after picking up park passes. What is everyones opinion of on-line check-in?

Hope we have everything ready! This is kids 12 and 16 first trip. DH has only done a day trip to EPCOT!

Wish us luck!!

:
[/url]

TinkerBellSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #171
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBellSam View Post
Arriving 8:00 am Sunday morning August 8th. Hoping to make 8:45 rope drope at AK, after picking up park passes. What is everyones opinion of on-line check-in?

Hope we have everything ready! This is kids 12 and 16 first trip. DH has only done a day trip to EPCOT!

Wish us luck!!
We did the online checkin on our last trip, it worked out much better then I thought it would, It asks for ETA, we put down 10am, we got there around 10:30 to check in, I was only expecting to get our tics and go to the park, but they had our room ready The whole check in process only took a few minutes and we were on our way

I'm thinking they might not have your room ready at 8am, but you never know But you should not have to wait around to get your tics, it should be all printed out and ready on your arrival

Have a great trip, feel free to list your plans, we would love to see them
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #172
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
My wife brought up planning for a vacation in 2011 yesterday... She wants to go somewhere for a week. Her idea is we can go to the Orlando (or as I call it, Disney) for a day or 2 and go to a beach for the rest of the week.

How commando can I be with a reluctant wife and an 18 month old with only 2 days in the parks?

It really doesn't work very well though, she doesn't appreciate Disney as much as I do and I get bored to death at the beach after about 2 hours.
Looks like your going to have to meet somewhere in the middle to keep everyone happy. You could do the beach in the morning & early afternoon and hit the parks after dinner (early one of course), I don't know how far the beach you are going to is from WDW, but even if you have a hour drive, you will be able to get in your week of WDW IMO WDW at night is the best time to be there, when the lights go on it gives you a whole new magical feeling

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #173
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Looks like your going to have to meet somewhere in the middle to keep everyone happy. You could do the beach in the morning & early afternoon and hit the parks after dinner (early one of course), I don't know how far the beach you are going to is from WDW, but even if you have a hour drive, you will be able to get in your week of WDW IMO WDW at night is the best time to be there, when the lights go on it gives you a whole new magical feeling
LOL, good idea, but I'm sure it is going to be a split week between a couple different places... she hates the beachse on the Florida Atlantic coast. Probably end up somewhere on the gulf coast or panhandle. I'm going to fight hard for more Disney days though. I'm considering maybe trying to talk her into a short Disney cruise instead of beach time... I'll just have to do some homework and see what I can come up with.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #174
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
LOL, good idea, but I'm sure it is going to be a split week between a couple different places... she hates the beachse on the Florida Atlantic coast. Probably end up somewhere on the gulf coast or panhandle. I'm going to fight hard for more Disney days though. I'm considering maybe trying to talk her into a short Disney cruise instead of beach time... I'll just have to do some homework and see what I can come up with.
Tell her the beaches on the Atlantic coast will be better, (remind her about the BP spill and possible oil in the water or on the beaches) maybe she will change her mind

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #175
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Hello, my name is Jill and I am a Disney addict

The problem is, I like to do everything commando-style and see and do EVERYTHING. The people I'm with, especially DH hate it and I'm no longer allowed to even speak of Disney in his presence.

So how does everything hide their commando-ness from others who don't "approve" of it?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #176
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
The problem is, I like to do everything commando-style and see and do EVERYTHING. The people I'm with, especially DH hate it and I'm no longer allowed to even speak of Disney in his presence.

So how does everything hide their commando-ness from others who don't "approve" of it?
You are member #75. Try to get everyone going on a one to one and ask them things they want to do at WDW. Tell them you want to make sure everything everyone wants to do is included.(not that it wouldn't be in your plans anyway) But if they feel included and see what they want to do on the list, they will less likely to give the attitude

When you go over the plan of attack with everyone, make sure when you come up to something someone wanted to do, say that was Bob's idea(example) and hopefully everyone will have a great time and be looking forward to what they suggested, even though you were planning on doing it anyway

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #177
BabyPotatoHead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You are member #74. When will you be at WDW
We will be there Oct 13-20, my 40th birthday celebration!
BabyPotatoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #178
DisneyWitch
Mouseketeer

I'd like to join your Disney Commando Club. I'll even wear britches! (trust me, you are all better off for it) The following is only my opinion, so apologies if I offend anyone.

I do dang near everything commando (in the "i can haz underwear" fashion)...if I have a new hobby, I have to read every book and spend countless hours on the intarwebz researching. If I want to learn about a particular topic, I immerse myself in it so I can get the most comprehensive experience possible. Same thing with this vacation. Why go through the hassle and expense of traveling if you're only going to experience a fraction of it? I might as well stay at home and spend the money on ice cream and amaretto sours.

As far as I'm concerned, being Commando is not about being OCD or being a Type A personality. It's not something to be ashamed of, or something we need to explain away to others. We should not feel we have to hide the fact that we feel it's important to plan, friends. This is about wanting to experience life 100 percent! I think it's a good way for us to show our families how much we love them - it shows them that we want everyone to have the best time possible! If we can make educated decisions on how to spend our leisure time - which in the US is precious and all too short - we can make that special time even more memorable. I don't want to remember my vacation as a disjointed mess and missing all the good stuff because I was too lazy to prepare.

OMG I think I just became Braveheart.

I've never been to WDW, but these boards, and all the others I'm on, have been invaluable to me. I've got books, lists, spreadsheets, etc., and am learning as much as I possibly can before going in order to have the best time I can.

Thank you all for listening!

DisneyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #179
Motomom06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are member #73. I see you are going in Oct, great time of the year to go, are you going to MNSSHP
Yep sure am. Sun Oct 17th.
Motomom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #180
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWitch View Post
I might as well stay at home and spend the money on ice cream and amaretto sours.
You say it like that is a bad thing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: