Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #1651
jmm476
DIS Veteran

When we met Mary Poppins and Burt, I asked her to say supercali.... backwards. Which of course she did wonderfully. Then Burt said "your turn!" and I did not have any response for that.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #1652
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Meridia is the main character from the new Pixar movie BRAVE (coming this June to a Theater near you)
It will be a a movie coming to my DVD a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
When we meet a character in the park I like to try to spice it up instead of the run of the mill meet & greet, a lot of times it is pure accident, here are some things that have happened, maybe give you a idea, or if you had a interesting meet & greet lets hear it, maybe we can all have some extra great meet & greets:good vibes2
I have shown Goofy my watch that has Goofy on it and shared a laugh.

My dds told Donald Duck that I ate duck for dinner the night before. He made a gasping gesture.

My youngest dd wears a Minnie t-shirt and when we have dinner with Minnie, they "talk" about her shirt.

The fairies and dds have had quite a many conversation, although, I really couldn't keep up with it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #1653
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
When we met Mary Poppins and Burt, I asked her to say supercali.... backwards. Which of course she did wonderfully. Then Burt said "your turn!" and I did not have any response for that.
Awesome I have trouble saying it the normal way, all the times we have met Mary Poppins we never saw Burt, Nice Score
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

My dds told Donald Duck that I ate duck for dinner the night before. He made a gasping gesture.

The fairies and dds have had quite a many conversation, although, I really couldn't keep up with it.
I can just picture Donalds expression, kids will say the darnest things

I have noticed the fairies are a chatty bunch, reminds me of DDC
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #1654
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It will be a a movie coming to my DVD a bit later.

I have shown Goofy my watch that has Goofy on it and shared a laugh.

My youngest dd wears a Minnie t-shirt and when we have dinner with Minnie, they "talk" about her shirt.

breakfast at crystal palace, tammy offered piglet some bacon. (she didnt even think of it. piglet was looking at the table doing the rubbing the belly thing like he was hungry) he just put his hands over his eyes. briana and i couldnt stop laughing.
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #1655
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I can just picture Donalds expression, kids will say the darnest things

I have noticed the fairies are a chatty bunch, reminds me of DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
breakfast at crystal palace, tammy offered piglet some bacon. (she didnt even think of it. piglet was looking at the table doing the rubbing the belly thing like he was hungry) he just put his hands over his eyes. briana and i couldnt stop laughing.

As I was updating photos this weekend, I remembered two others. Back when Park Fare had the mice, one of them tried to eat my oldest's m&m. Then, at Garden Grove, Goofy took a drink of youngest's Sprite. They still talk about it from time to time.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 04-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #1656
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

The ultimate commando day. Unfortunately, I couldn't get both in since DW wanted to do 2 MNSSHP this year. So, Wed in Epcot in October:

8:00 AM Akershus ADR
9:00 AM Park opens
1:00 Pm ESPN lunch
2:00 Pm WHW
6:30 Pm Chefs de France ADR
9:00 to 12:00 EMH at Epcot

Nothing like a 16 hour day.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #1657
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

There is a thread called the Disney Commando Strategy, check it out, since we are the one's who know
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #1658
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to a WDW trip without my kids so I can do a real commando touring plan without them sabotaging my plans??

Did any of you hear that Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom has been switched back to the "easy" mode because apparently it was taking too long and I guess it was causing delays or something? If that's true, I'm even more sad that I didn't do it in March!
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #1659
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianha View Post
Is it bad that I'm looking forward to a WDW trip without my kids so I can do a real commando touring plan without them sabotaging my plans??

Did any of you hear that Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom has been switched back to the "easy" mode because apparently it was taking too long and I guess it was causing delays or something? If that's true, I'm even more sad that I didn't do it in March!
Not at all This could be a life learning lesson for them, play by your rules or stay home

I'm going to try the Sorcerers game if for noting else, well you know I can't resist the cards

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #1660
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

zianha, there's nothing wrong with going solo to WDW. I did a solo trip to DL for 9 blissful days in Oct/10 to DL, and had a blast. I could go Commando to my heart's content, without the family complaining about it. Go and have a blast, then go bug the kids when you get back about how much fun you had without them. Maybe it will give them the incentive to get with the Commando plan for the next trip.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #1661
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
zianha, there's nothing wrong with going solo to WDW. I did a solo trip to DL for 9 blissful days in Oct/10 to DL, and had a blast. I could go Commando to my heart's content, without the family complaining about it. Go and have a blast, then go bug the kids when you get back about how much fun you had without them. Maybe it will give them the incentive to get with the Commando plan for the next trip.
I've been dreaming about a solo trip! My kids think it's gotta be a crime if I go without them. I told them I WILL have my solo trip eventually. My sister even offered to keep them if I can work out a Summer trip since my kids go to school in a different town than my nieces and nephew.
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #1662
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Shandale if you ever have the opportunity for a solo trip to WDW or DL for that matter, no matter how much the kids whine and complain about it go. From my experience it's worth it. For me it's cheaper to go to DL than WDW, and the photo geek in me demands some solo time to take pics to my hearts desire, without the family rushing to the next attraction. It give you a different perspective on things, and gives you some badly needed time for yourself. My solo trip I took over 1700 pics over 9 days. The average is around 300 on a family trip. Need I say more??
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #1663
Pmctn
Mouseketeer

Well I think based on the reactons of friends I'm a commando. When I showed the daily plan spreadsheets on my phone to some friends who go to Disney a lot, I got the "Wow, you even have free time built in" response. I guess we'll find out in 18 days.
Pmctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #1664
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmctn View Post
Well I think based on the reactons of friends I'm a commando. When I showed the daily plan spreadsheets on my phone to some friends who go to Disney a lot, I got the "Wow, you even have free time built in" response. I guess we'll find out in 18 days.
You are member #190 I know what you are talking about with the "free time" I try to give myself a few hours of "free time " a day, my friends can't figure out how we get so much done and still get to ride a lot of rides multiple times

What are your plans, we would love to hear them

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #1665
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I did a quick VA trip this weekend (Kings Dominion & Busch Gardens) one thing I love is finding out new things even though I've been there many times

Kings Dominion - this is a park for the roller coaster lover, by far some of the best coasters I've been on, Characters are Snoopy & Gang

What did I learn- this year they added Dinosaurs Alive, this has got to be the best display of Dinosaurs I've come across, (my son loves Dinos so I've been to many), they are life like, they breath, move, and even roar, it is $5 extra per person, but well worth it

Busch Gardens - this park has some of the best shows and landscaping, I really didn't learn anything new except for the new coaster that will open next month is nothing like I thought it would be, in fact I really didn't see much of it at all, seems like it is inside and below ground level I guess I'll be able to tell you more in June, since 95% of the ride was well hidden

I did learn on Sat mornings from April till Oct Historic Williamsburg has a Farmer's Market, we loved it everyone is so layed back and friendly, a lot of great homemade items, we picked up Pumpkin bread, Coconut pound cake (reminds me of O'hana's so we got 2) also a crab salsa

We still have Jamestown & Yorktown to visit, but my wife is leaning on my side to buy property in the area

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 04-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: