Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #1621
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Way to go Ron!! Congrat's on the tickets!
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #1622
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I'm almost at my goal, I need to win 1 more 4 one day tickets for my son, then the whole family will be free I got 2 more gift auctions in the next 2 months I'm going to, but will not know if they have them till I'm there, so I guess I'll see what happens
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #1623
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Brian, I came up with a rough morning plan for HS, if everything works in our favor we can get it done in no time

Rope drop head to Jedi training sign ups, once the wives and kids are in line we head to TSM for FP, meet them at Star Tours hit that, if they are able to get the 1st Jedi training do that and hit Star Tours again after the show, by that time it would be nice if our FP was ready to use, head to RNRR get FP's then use the TSM FP, after TSM head back over to RNRR, if the FP is not ready to use do TOT, even if we are delayed I'm confident we could have all the major stuff done by noon You in
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #1624
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Brian, I came up with a rough morning plan for HS, if everything works in our favor we can get it done in no time

Rope drop head to Jedi training sign ups, once the wives and kids are in line we head to TSM for FP, meet them at Star Tours hit that, if they are able to get the 1st Jedi training do that and hit Star Tours again after the show, by that time it would be nice if our FP was ready to use, head to RNRR get FP's then use the TSM FP, after TSM head back over to RNRR, if the FP is not ready to use do TOT, even if we are delayed I'm confident we could have all the major stuff done by noon You in
That's a lot of running. But I am in. Gotta make sure DW is cool with that, as she doesn't ride TOT or RNR, maybe she will take DD to animation academy during this.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #1625
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
That's a lot of running. But I am in. Gotta make sure DW is cool with that, as she doesn't ride TOT or RNR, maybe she will take DD to animation academy during this.
It's really not that bad, considering everything is really not that far apart, as compared to AK where everything is so spread out

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #1626
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post

YOu tired me out just reading that. Good thing about DHS is that it is not that spread out. Bad thing is that it's impossible to hit every show. The times overlap too much. Plus, the FP end time frame is impacting my strategy.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1627
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
YOu tired me out just reading that.
I look at it, as official Commando Club initiation...

Member #561
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #1628
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Hi All! I got back from my WDW trip on Sunday but I managed to come down with a nasty sinus infection so I hadn't checked in to fill you in on what I did and didn't do. One of my son's (DS9) was suddenly nervous to ride several rides and the time change (which happened on the day we arrived- so we really lost 2 hours because of the time zone difference) apparently made him extra grumpy! I had to deviate from my original plans but it was ok, I didn't want to deal with a grouchy pants kid all week.

Here's the short-ish version:
DisneyQuest...... Even with the discounted tickets I got, I don't think it was worth it at all. The most fun games had lines and as it turned out, my boys wanted to play the games like Air Hockey or Skee ball that they play all the time at home when we go to pizza places or Main Event. We didn't even do 3 of the better rides because the lines were so long and/or the game/ride was closed for whatever reason.

Characters in Flight.... I liked this alot but with the wind speed that day we waited for about 45 minutes because they were taking less than 10 people up at a time. I hadn't counted on that long of a wait.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom..... I'm so sad because we did not do this at all! Both of my kids literally said "Do we HAVE to do that?" I was way pouty and said "YES!" but I could tell they were gonna be party poopers so I skipped it.

I've decided I have to take a solo trip!! My kids didn't cooperate with my Commando plan this trip. Now I'm suspicious that they are not really my kids....
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #1629
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianha View Post
Hi All! I got back from my WDW trip on Sunday but I managed to come down with a nasty sinus infection so I hadn't checked in to fill you in on what I did and didn't do. One of my son's (DS9) was suddenly nervous to ride several rides and the time change (which happened on the day we arrived- so we really lost 2 hours because of the time zone difference) apparently made him extra grumpy! I had to deviate from my original plans but it was ok, I didn't want to deal with a grouchy pants kid all week.

DisneyQuest...... Even with the discounted tickets I got, I don't think it was worth it at all. The most fun games had lines and as it turned out, my boys wanted to play the games like Air Hockey or Skee ball that they play all the time at home when we go to pizza places or Main Event. We didn't even do 3 of the better rides because the lines were so long and/or the game/ride was closed for whatever reason.

Characters in Flight.... I liked this alot but with the wind speed that day we waited for about 45 minutes because they were taking less than 10 people up at a time. I hadn't counted on that long of a wait.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom..... I'm so sad because we did not do this at all! Both of my kids literally said "Do we HAVE to do that?" I was way pouty and said "YES!" but I could tell they were gonna be party poopers so I skipped it.

I've decided I have to take a solo trip!! My kids didn't cooperate with my Commando plan this trip. Now I'm suspicious that they are not really my kids....
My daughter is not very adventurous.

On our first trip, she was 6. And EVERY attraction, she was hesitant to ride.

I always got the exact same questions:

Is it Fast? Does it go High? Do I have to go on it?

I reassured her that I wouldn't put her on anything Fast or High, that would scare her.

The WORST was a couple of days in, and I had enough of hearing it. I thought by this point I had earned her trust to not put her in danger. But we went to The Jungle Cruise, and she FREAKED OUT while boarding. She didn't know what it was, and it was like I was killing her. I couldn't let her "not go on", because that would be her crutch for the rest of the trip (so I apologized to those who rode with us in our boat), but after that we had a "talk". I told her she didn't have to go on anything she didn't want to, but assured her I understood her hesitancy, and wouldn't hurt her. But if she kept up the drama, no one would have a fun vacation, and we probably wouldn't return. Needless to say from that point on, she was an angel and had a great vacation.

Member #561
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #1630
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

we didn't like Disney Quest when DW went there on our honeymoon, so have not taken dds there. Dds and I liked character in flights, but we had no line and beautiful weather. I was glad we did it, but probably won't again. I want to try the eat in movie place.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #1631
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

Hope your feeling better:good vibes

Sorry to hear that the kids were giving you resistance, go figure you would think they would want to more then us I bet they will learn there lesson real quick if you start saying to them they aren't going next time

Characters In Flight - you are much braver then me, no way I'll go on that I'm a zoo pass member and I can go on the one at the zoo, but that's one thing I will not do

What is your input on the new FP system, does it work in our favor, mess us up big time, no big deal

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #1632
mickeymom629
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the question, but what is Characters in Flight?

2014 Feb AKV/BLT for PHM!!; 2013 Jan ASM/BWV grand villa!!; 2012 April DL/DCA GCV (spring break); 2010 March Princess Half Marathon POFQ/BWV; 2009 May SSR villa; 2008 June OKW; 2008 March (Spring break) BWV; 2007 Dec. Quality Suites; 2007 July POP/OKW; 2006 April (Spring break) Quality Suites/OKW; 2005 June/July ASSp/OKW; 2005 March - (Spring break) OKW;2004 June/July CBR/OKW; 2003 Dec. BWV; 2003 Jan. Wonder Cruise/HH; 2002 Apr. (Spring break) VWL; 2001 July OKW; 2000 Aug. FW cabin/BWV; 1999 Oct./Nov. ASM/ASSp Became DVC owners!; 1998 Apr./May FW Cabin; 1993 Dec. Travelodge
mickeymom629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #1633
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymom629 View Post
Sorry for the question, but what is Characters in Flight?
A balloon ride over DTD...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/des...ers-in-flight/

Member #561
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1634
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
we didn't like Disney Quest when DW went there on our honeymoon, so have not taken dds there. Dds and I liked character in flights, but we had no line and beautiful weather. I was glad we did it, but probably won't again. I want to try the eat in movie place.
Do you mean Sci-Fi Dine In Theater at DHS? We ate there last year. I liked it mostly cuz I loved the car tables and old movie trailers playing!
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #1635
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Do you mean Sci-Fi Dine In Theater at DHS? We ate there last year. I liked it mostly cuz I loved the car tables and old movie trailers playing!
I like sci-fi. Food is not great but it is really cold in there. A great place to cool off and rest. I was thinking about the new dine in movie place in DTD. I think it is AMC? You get to sit and eat dinner while you watch a new movie release.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: