Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #1606
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Fortunately, mine have not wanted to do too many meet n greets at the MNSSHP and it's all rides, parades, and Hallo-wishes. And, like we really need more candy (but we still get lots).

We did get this one with Maleficent.

Awesome Pic We have never seen her, Great score
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #1607
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I hate to say it, but no amount of Pixie Dust is going to get me out of the mess of the VISA my mother left behind for me to deal with. I've been in a war of words with them for 2 weeks, and it's looking like I'm going to get stuck with a credit card I don't want and a debt that's not mine. My mother knew that she would be leaving this mess for me if she died and did nothing about it. I did file a letter of complaint with the company over the dirty, below the belt, and downright nasty tactics they have used to get their money. They are trashing my credit rating simply because they can to get back at me for standing up for my rights. I fought a good battle, but it looks like I can't dodge it. The whole estate has been a monetary disaster for us, and it's going to be an uphill battle to get the debt paid off before I can start to save for the WDW trip. And it's looking like the trip is going to be delayed for 1 year so I can get rid of this debt and start saving for the trip. At least the Canada Death Benefit will help, but even if I am given the max amt of it, I'm still on the hook for $3500. I'm in a neverending state of frustration over it, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. Thanks for all your support.

Trish

Last edited by BELLEDOZER; 03-12-2012 at 01:36 PM.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #1608
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
I hate to say it, but no amount of Pixie Dust is going to get me out of the mess of the VISA my mother left behind for me to deal with. I've been in a war of words with them for 2 weeks, and it's looking like I'm going to get stuck with a credit card I don't want and a debt that's not mine. My mother knew that she would be leaving this mess for me if she died and did nothing about it. I did file a letter of complaint with the company over the dirty, below the belt, and downright nasty tactics they have used to get their money. They are trashing my credit rating simply because they can to get back at me for standing up for my rights. I fought a good battle, but it looks like I can't dodge it. The whole estate has been a monetary disaster for us, and it's going to be an uphill battle to get the debt paid off before I can start to save for the WDW trip. And it's looking like the trip is going to be delayed for 1 year so I can get rid of this debt and start saving for the trip. At least the Canada Death Benefit will help, but even if I am given the max amt of it, I'm still on the hook for $3500. I'm in a neverending state of frustration over it, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. Thanks for all your support.

Trish
Wow...

That is NOT cool.

Sorry to hear that Trish.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #1609
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Quote:

Trish
So sorry.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #1610
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Trish
Sorry to hear it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #1611
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

Trish
Sorry to hear this Trish Since you can't get anywhere with the CC company, maybe try a accountant, there may be some way to recoup some of the money on your taxes
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #1612
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Made a change of plans for my August trip, instead of 5 WDW days we are making it 4

We figured since we should have everything covered in 3 - 3 1/2 days, we could take a extra day and do something we never did, so the plan looks like this

1st day- Seaworld

3 days of WDW

1 day for either Dinosaur World or Gatorland, leaning heavy towards Gatorland (think me son would have a lot more fun there) Followed by T-Rex cafe for dinner

1 day WDW

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #1613
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
1 day for either Dinosaur World or Gatorland, leaning heavy towards Gatorland (think me son would have a lot more fun there) Followed by T-Rex cafe for dinner
That way, he would get gators and dinosaurs in the same day.
Good thinking.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #1614
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Made a change of plans for my August trip, instead of 5 WDW days we are making it 4

We figured since we should have everything covered in 3 - 3 1/2 days, we could take a extra day and do something we never did, so the plan looks like this

1st day- Seaworld

3 days of WDW

1 day WDW
What day are you doing T-Rex? We are there the 25th at 6:00 pm.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #1615
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That way, he would get gators and dinosaurs in the same day.
Good thinking.
Yes it will be a reptile action packed day

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
What day are you doing T-Rex? We are there the 25th at 6:00 pm.
We will be there on the 23rd

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1616
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

A little update to my Visa woes, I'm still battling them using non-conventional means. Will I win...probably not, but I'm having a great deal of fun making them accountable for the debit, which they are struggling to provide. I figure that there's 1% chance I'm going to win this battle, but it's interesting how things are progressing, so who knows what the outcome is going to be. We've acquired another vehicle for cheap(what can I say...we're Canadian Rednecks), that my DH can fix up and sell. The profit would cover the $3500 I would owe to Visa if I lose. But if on the tiny chance that I win my battle with them, then it would become a back up vehicle for when my van dies, as the parts are interchangeable. Either way there's a chance that the 2015 trip could still be a go. I just need to pay off the estates portion of the cremation costs, which I'm working on and should have paid off by the end of May, then I can start to save for the trip. I'm not making any plans or doing anything regarding the trip as I have to have a certain amt saved for the trip by the end of 2014, so we'll see how it goes. Take care everyone, and have a great day!! Thanks for all your support.

Trish
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #1617
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
A little update to my Visa woes, I'm still battling them using non-conventional means. Will I win...probably not, but I'm having a great deal of fun making them accountable for the debit, which they are struggling to provide. I figure that there's 1% chance I'm going to win this battle, but it's interesting how things are progressing, so who knows what the outcome is going to be. We've acquired another vehicle for cheap(what can I say...we're Canadian Rednecks), that my DH can fix up and sell. The profit would cover the $3500 I would owe to Visa if I lose. But if on the tiny chance that I win my battle with them, then it would become a back up vehicle for when my van dies, as the parts are interchangeable. Either way there's a chance that the 2015 trip could still be a go. I just need to pay off the estates portion of the cremation costs, which I'm working on and should have paid off by the end of May, then I can start to save for the trip. I'm not making any plans or doing anything regarding the trip as I have to have a certain amt saved for the trip by the end of 2014, so we'll see how it goes. Take care everyone, and have a great day!! Thanks for all your
support.

Trish

Hope everything works out in your favor

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #1618
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

A little good news

I went to a gift auction tonight and won 4 more 1 Day Disney Park Hoppers

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #1619
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
A little good news

I went to a gift auction tonight and won 4 more 1 Day Disney Park Hoppers