Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #1516
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Ron, let's make our August 21'st rope drop announcement here...

Over to you...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #1517
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toystoryfan32 View Post
Hi everyone. What a great club! We have always thought of ourselves as park commandos because we love to spend a lot of time in the parks and really enjoy staying in the MK after midnight. We confirmed we were commandos when our touring plan did our family in on a trip we took on 2010. We were only taking a short weekend trip that allowed for only one day in the parks. By 6:00 pm on the first day at Disney my husbands family went back to the hotel for the night due to exhaustion and chaffing. We could not comprehend calling it quits on our one and only day to visit the parks! So my hubby and kids and I headed back to the park and stayed until 2:00am. Headed back to the hotel for showers and a 1 hour nap as we had to be at the airport by 5:00 am. My in laws still think we are Disney crazy. I think they are crazy, they couldnt even hack it for one day!
Hey - looking at your signature - looks like you won the OMDD trip.

Congrats... Care to share the strategy?

Oh, and to the Commando Club...

Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #1518
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I tried to check out your PTR, but it said server not found
Oops! Ok....just edited the link. Try it again

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013
Curoly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #1519
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

Pre-Trip Report

I promise to make one as soon as my ADR window opens. I wouldn't want to make one, change it, change it again, and again and again and scare all the nice people.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #1520
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

Over to you...
Brian it was your idea so I think you should make the announcement
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #1521
Toystoryfan32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey - looking at your signature - looks like you won the OMDD trip.

Congrats... Care to share the strategy?

Oh, and to the Commando Club...
Thank you! Sure, I texted every morning as soon as I woke up. On Jan. 25th I received a call from a 212 are code. I didn't answer because I was home with a sick child. A little while later I received a text saying to call within 2 days in regard to the One More Disney Day sweepstakes. I called immediately and they emailed me an affidavit and Fed Ex return mailing form. I mailed it on Thursday, they confirmed me as a winner on Friday, and I was listed on the website on the following Monday. It is just so unreal. We are very excited. We chose WDW and they are currently planning our trip. Just waiting to hear back on the official dates we get to travel and where we get to stay. There are several Disers that won by email too. So keep trying everyone there are 10 more days left to win!

Toystoryfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #1522
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:

Over to you...
Quote:
Brian it was your idea so I think you should make the announcement
Wow, that's a lot of build up...

The Commando Family and The Twokids Family will be meeting up for a joint "Commando Club / DISDad" Meet.

On Tuesday August 21st, we will be doing a Rope Drop (or the current facsimile of Rope Drop) together at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Where we will then head straight over to The Jedi Training Academy, and the kids will all battle (and hopefully defeat) the Evil Sith Lord Vader together.

The Entire Dis Community is counting on these kids to defeat the emperor, and bring balance to the force.

May the Force be with them.

Member #561
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #1523
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Hi everyone. What a great club! We have always thought of ourselves as park commandos because we love to spend a lot of time in the parks and really enjoy staying in the MK after midnight. We confirmed we were commandos when our touring plan did our family in on a trip we took on 2010. We were only taking a short weekend trip that allowed for only one day in the parks. By 6:00 pm on the first day at Disney my husbands family went back to the hotel for the night due to exhaustion and chaffing. We could not comprehend calling it quits on our one and only day to visit the parks! So my hubby and kids and I headed back to the park and stayed until 2:00am. Headed back to the hotel for showers and a 1 hour nap as we had to be at the airport by 5:00 am. My in laws still think we are Disney crazy. I think they are crazy, they couldnt even hack it for one day!
You are member #185 With one day, I think they were crazy for heading in, you can always sleep on the plane Congratulations on your win, when do you get to take your Epic trip
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #1524
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Wow, that's a lot of build up...

The Commando Family and The Twokids Family will be meeting up for a joint "Commando Club / DISDad" Meet.

On Tuesday August 21st, we will be doing a Rope Drop (or the current facsimile of Rope Drop) together at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Where we will then head straight over to The Jedi Training Academy, and the kids will all battle (and hopefully defeat) the Evil Sith Lord Vader together.

The Entire Dis Community is counting on these kids to defeat the emperor, and bring balance to the force.

May the Force be with them.
That's just for starters, there is going to be some time to kill between sign up and the show

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #1525
Toystoryfan32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are member #185 With one day, I think they were crazy for heading in, you can always sleep on the plane Congratulations on your win, when do you get to take your Epic trip
Thank you! I agree! There is always time to sleep on the plane! We had to select three dates that we would like to travel as well as list the Deluxe resorts we would like to stay at etc and submit those to Disney. Right now I am still waiting on Disney to confirm, so hopefully we will get our first choice which is early June. We would like to be there for Star Wars Weekends!

Toystoryfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #1526
phillyteamhater
Mouseketeer

I would say I am commando as well. This is my 3rd trip to WDW but first as an adult and it will be for my honeymoon, future DH has never been and laughs and calls me OCD for all the spreadsheets, the folder I've started to put together, reading the Unofficial Tour Guides and being on the DIS so much.

My first trip I really didn't have a say about planning as I was only 10 and it was my first time there and as any 10 year old kid was just super excited to be there and it didn't matter as long I got character autographs and rode lots of fun rides.

My second trip I did research, I was 16, and this was an extended family trip, it included my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins (ages 10mo and 7 at that time). I learned all about fast pass as I knew it would be crowded since it was week of July 4. We are AAA members so took advantage of diamond parking and the early entry for Universal and their free express pass at that time. I can't remember exactly but I think I used some sort of crowd calendar type advice to pick which days we would go where and same for which attractions to see first and get FP for first. Surprisingly my family went along with all my plans and they couldn't of been more happy and still talk about that trip as the best WDW/US trip they have been on and that they couldn't believe they saw everything in all the parks without having to wait in line all the much, except for Spiderman as it was new and the wait was ridiculous. I didn't know about ADRs plus now that I do I just don't like the concept of booking a time for my meal or sitting down with more food than I can eat that imo is overly priced, and that's taking time out of my "ride time", it's hot in Orlando in the summer and snacks, small QS meals just seem better for us.

So based off of that experience and now being 12 years older and wiser(hopefully). I am planning my third WDW/US trip which is also my honeymoon, we are going June 18-25 and it will be first for future DH and first for staying onsite for me, so I definitely want to make sure we get to see and do as much as possible from morning to night as chances are we won't get back to WDW til we have a child old enough to go which imo is 5 or 6, but who knows what our financial situation will be by then so we want to make the most of this trip that we can afford although we are still being very frugal to stay under our $3500 budget.

So far I have excel spreadsheets with our reservations for flight, hotel etc. and then several tabs from that for each day, a week at a glance, and packing list. For each day I have listed park, itinerary, FP rides, QS restaurants we wouldn't mind eating at, and a schedule on how to attack park, starting at RD and ending with nightly show with no breaks. We will carry backpack each day to park with essentials(meds, sunscreen, ponchos, etc) as well as snacks and drinks. I have already read Unoffical tour guide and made customized tour plans. The only thing I have yet to do is order the park tickets, which I will do next month.

Glad I found the commando club as I think I qualify and I can't wait for my honeymoon and look forward to finish reading this thread to know I am not the only one out there.

Last edited by phillyteamhater; 02-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.
phillyteamhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #1527
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyteamhater View Post
I would say I am commando as well. This is my 3rd trip to WDW but first as an adult and it will be for my honeymoon, future DH has never been and laughs and calls me OCD for all the spreadsheets, the folder I've started to put together, reading the Unofficial Tour Guides and being on the DIS so much.

My first trip I really didn't have a say about planning as I was only 10 and it was my first time there and as any 10 year old kid was just super excited to be there and it didn't matter as long I got character autographs and rode lots of fun rides.

My second trip I did research, I was 16, and this was an extended family trip, it included my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins (ages 10mo and 7 at that time). I learned all about fast pass as I knew it would be crowded since it was week of July 4. We are AAA members so took advantage of diamond parking and the early entry for Universal and their free express pass at that time. I can't remember exactly but I think I used some sort of crowd calendar type advice to pick which days we would go where and same for which attractions to see first and get FP for first. Surprisingly my family went along with all my plans and they couldn't of been more happy and still talk about that trip as the best WDW/US trip they have been on and that they couldn't believe they saw everything in all the parks without having to wait in line all the much, except for Spiderman as it was new and the wait was ridiculous. I didn't know about ADRs plus now that I do I just don't like the concept of booking a time for my meal or sitting down with more food than I can eat that imo is overly priced, and that's taking time out of my "ride time", it's hot in Orlando in the summer and snacks, small QS meals just seem better for us.

So based off of that experience and now being 12 years older and wiser(hopefully). I am planning my third WDW/US trip which is also my honeymoon, we are going June 18-25 and it will be first for future DH and first for staying onsite for me, so I definitely want to make sure we get to see and do as much as possible from morning to night as chances are we won't get back to WDW til we have a child old enough to go which imo is 5 or 6, but who knows what our financial situation will be by then so we want to make the most of this trip that we can afford although we are still being very frugal to stay under our $3500 budget.

So far I have excel spreadsheets with our reservations for flight, hotel etc. and then several tabs from that for each day, a week at a glance, and packing list. For each day I have listed park, itinerary, FP rides, QS restaurants we wouldn't mind eating at, and a schedule on how to attack park, starting at RD and ending with nightly show with no breaks. We will carry backpack each day to park with essentials(meds, sunscreen, ponchos, etc) as well as snacks and drinks. I have already read Unoffical tour guide and made customized tour plans. The only thing I have yet to do is order the park tickets, which I will do next month.

Glad I found the commando club as I think I qualify and I can't wait for my honeymoon and look forward to finish reading this thread to know I am not the only one out there.
You are member #186 Congratulations on your upcoming Honeymoon trip I also spent my Honeymoon at WDW and I have a tip for you Make sure you buy the Bride & Groom Ears, they bring much Magic Lot's of cool stuff happened including my 1st encounter with The Dapper Dans

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #1528
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thank you! I agree! There is always time to sleep on the plane! We had to select three dates that we would like to travel as well as list the Deluxe resorts we would like to stay at etc and submit those to Disney. Right now I am still waiting on Disney to confirm, so hopefully we will get our first choice which is early June. We would like to be there for Star Wars Weekends!
I hope you get the date in June, I've never been there for Star Wars Weekend, but hear you have to be a Commando to get some of the Meet & Greets done

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1529
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonstar View Post
I promise to make one as soon as my ADR window opens. I wouldn't want to make one, change it, change it again, and again and again and scare all the nice people.
That's part of the fun, tons of new stuff pops up in that 180 day time, 99% are things no one knows about yet

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #1530
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

I am a WDW Park Commando (against DW's wishes). May I join the club? Why didn't I find this thread earlier?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: