Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #121
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

I just adore reading your updates! I don't blame you for not wanting to stand in the Jedi Academy line. Yikes! Connor has never really been interested in doing it which surprises me -- I would think that battling Darth Vader would be right up his alley! DS5 in the Boba Fett helmet cracks me up!

I just read a post on the Disney Food Blog about those carrot cake cookies at the Writer's Spot -- I may have to try one of those.

I have a question for you -- you mentioned driving over to DHS in the morning. We have thought about doing that as well since the CBR transportation seems to be hit or miss and being right there, it's pretty central to all the parks. Did you also drive over to the parks in the evening? I was wondering what parking was like later in the day since we are planning on the mid-afternoon break as well.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #122
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I just adore reading your updates! I don't blame you for not wanting to stand in the Jedi Academy line. Yikes! Connor has never really been interested in doing it which surprises me -- I would think that battling Darth Vader would be right up his alley! DS5 in the Boba Fett helmet cracks me up!

I just read a post on the Disney Food Blog about those carrot cake cookies at the Writer's Spot -- I may have to try one of those.

I have a question for you -- you mentioned driving over to DHS in the morning. We have thought about doing that as well since the CBR transportation seems to be hit or miss and being right there, it's pretty central to all the parks. Did you also drive over to the parks in the evening? I was wondering what parking was like later in the day since we are planning on the mid-afternoon break as well.
OHHHH let me tell you. MY DH is very big on driving. He won't do the busses if he can avoid it. He is not a Disney transportation snob, but we get free parking with the resort, and we have the car, and we brought it, so he would rather use it. With DHS, I would TOTALLY TOTALLY drive. You have got to get there early for TSM. AND send him or you to run with the tickets (we walk quickly and with purpose) and get FPs, and send them into the regular queue. Once you get the FPs and by the time they get there, you will time it more or less fine. It will be a 20 minute wait to get on to TSM, and then you will have one ride plus FPs for later in the morning/noon. Then go get another FP set for whatever else you all like -- RNRC or whatever. He drives as far up as he can (when we come back in the afternoon/evening) and fills in a spot that someone else has already left behind... he avoids the yellow and white "Disney" traffic directors... I can explain this if you are interested. Because otherwise they will have you park way in the back, vs. where there are clearly empty spots, especially at the AK... if you go to Epcot, don't take the first turn into the lot, go to the SECOND turn, and you can get up closer much closer, easier. My point is that there are tricks...

DS5 has not shown a great desire for this either, but it is coming. The only way to do it, IMO, is to make a bee-line there the first thing. While everone else is getting FPs for TSM. (if he wants to do the Jedi thing). That is what we will do next time, if we do. The first show is 9:50 I think, or 10am, so even if you get there "first" you are still waiting 45 minutes.

We ended up with one of those helmets, BTW.... Like we needed that.



Carrot cake cookie = I LOVE them. But they are very rich, I could eat 1/2 at best.
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #123
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Finally getting over here. You started the report while we were in Disney World, so that's my excuse for the first few pages. Getting back into real life, that's my excuse for the next few.

I was supposed to be going to a teacher workshop today, but by chance I logged onto my employee e-mail this morning to see that as of 4:08 yesterday, it has been cancelled. Good thing I looked, because there was a carload of us going, and we would have been pretty aggravated to go all the way downtown and find out it was cancelled. I rarely check my employee e-mail in the summer, so that was just pure luck.

Anyway, I get to have some extra DIS time today. I am going to catch up on all the action I missed while we were gone. I look forward to going along on this trip with you.
Awwww MeMom, I am so glad you are here WOW I would have been fit to be tied too! If I had shown up for a cancelled training grrrrrr would have been me!

Well, glad you had extra time! I loved catching up on all the fun when I got back, too.... I only started it a few days before you got back, I tried to stall a little I am just happy to have you here! I took some photos this trip that reminded me of you and your pics, and I was telling myself, "ooh! Look I am taking MeMom pictures!!!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #124
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I agree there isn't that much at DHS for little ones, but as an adult I love that park!! GMR is one of my faves of all time!!

I so know what you're talking about with the heat...it can be so brutal in Florida!!! The idea of going back to the pool and chilling was a great ONE!!!

OOOH can't wait to hear about dinner at WCC!
I like it too! I agree though, I think there is more for adults, maybe. Or older kids. Nolyn really liked GMR, Jen, wait until you see! He wanted us to take Daddy and Griffin on it again after we went (he and I) as they were on RNRC...

It WAS hot. Yeah, going to the pool and just coming back that evening was a good move. Initally I hadn't planned on a park at all that night, so it worked out really well.

Hey!!! I have training in St. Pete's FL in December! It is official! So I will be MAYBE going to Orlando for a night... if DH is ammenable... it IS close to my Bday... I like St. Pete's!!! So pretty, the sand and water.
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #125
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I just read a post on the Disney Food Blog about those carrot cake cookies at the Writer's Spot -- I may have to try one of those.
Just be aware, they have a thick layer of frosting in the middle. I like them, but I don't love them like most people do. I have had better carrot cake, and I'm just not a frosting person. They have some killer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that I am quite fond of, however.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Awwww MeMom, I am so glad you are here WOW I would have been fit to be tied too! If I had shown up for a cancelled training grrrrrr would have been me!

Well, glad you had extra time! I loved catching up on all the fun when I got back, too.... I only started it a few days before you got back, I tried to stall a little I am just happy to have you here! I took some photos this trip that reminded me of you and your pics, and I was telling myself, "ooh! Look I am taking MeMom pictures!!!
People have been calling all day about what we're going to do. There are no classes open on Friday. Had we known this would happen, we could have gotten some Monday or Tuesday spots and had this over with. We are hoping they don't cancel tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I'm not giving up my WDW fall break trip for this, though, so something better be happening somewhere to help us make this up.

I was glad to have the extra time. I solidified my camp menu for next week and did some more housework. Then I made I pan of taco meat for Drew to do different things with this week. I'm pretty much done for the night now. Too bad I don't have a trip to be packing for.

Wonder what you were photographing when you thought of me? A doorknob? A tile in a bathroom? A bar of soap?
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #126
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

Hey!!! I have training in St. Pete's FL in December! It is official! So I will be MAYBE going to Orlando for a night... if DH is ammenable... it IS close to my Bday... I like St. Pete's!!! So pretty, the sand and water.
I used to live in St. Pete. Beautiful place.
You must go get some Disney time in. If not a park, then eat at a resort and go to DTD.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #127
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Just be aware, they have a thick layer of frosting in the middle. I like them, but I don't love them like most people do. I have had better carrot cake, and I'm just not a frosting person. They have some killer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that I am quite fond of, however.
Oh yes, that is what makes them so rich, I agree! That is why I can't eat the whole thing, but the cookies, and that one (white chocolate macadamia nut) oh yeah, I can manage that alright...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
People have been calling all day about what we're going to do. There are no classes open on Friday. Had we known this would happen, we could have gotten some Monday or Tuesday spots and had this over with. We are hoping they don't cancel tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I'm not giving up my WDW fall break trip for this, though, so something better be happening somewhere to help us make this up.
Nor should you have to give up your break if you scheduled the classes this summer in good faith! Hope it works out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I was glad to have the extra time. I solidified my camp menu for next week and did some more housework. Then I made I pan of taco meat for Drew to do different things with this week. I'm pretty much done for the night now. Too bad I don't have a trip to be packing for.
I do that too!!! I make something for the week so the guys can "figure out" what to do with it for lunches...


Camp? Oh now I seem to think I remember you saying something about camp, but don't remember the details... what are you doing?
I know, I wouldn't mind packing either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Wonder what you were photographing when you thought of me? A doorknob? A tile in a bathroom? A bar of soap?
You are silly! I was taking photos of shopping of course!!!! And window displays.
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #128
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I used to live in St. Pete. Beautiful place.
You must go get some Disney time in. If not a park, then eat at a resort and go to DTD.
I know I know!!! I really will try to talk my DH into it... I was even going to go for broke and see if I could con him into the Christmas Party... WE'LL see...
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #129
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OHHHH let me tell you. MY DH is very big on driving. He won't do the busses if he can avoid it. He is not a Disney transportation snob, but we get free parking with the resort, and we have the car, and we brought it, so he would rather use it. With DHS, I would TOTALLY TOTALLY drive. You have got to get there early for TSM. AND send him or you to run with the tickets (we walk quickly and with purpose) and get FPs, and send them into the regular queue. Once you get the FPs and by the time they get there, you will time it more or less fine. It will be a 20 minute wait to get on to TSM, and then you will have one ride plus FPs for later in the morning/noon. Then go get another FP set for whatever else you all like -- RNRC or whatever. He drives as far up as he can (when we come back in the afternoon/evening) and fills in a spot that someone else has already left behind... he avoids the yellow and white "Disney" traffic directors... I can explain this if you are interested. Because otherwise they will have you park way in the back, vs. where there are clearly empty spots, especially at the AK... if you go to Epcot, don't take the first turn into the lot, go to the SECOND turn, and you can get up closer much closer, easier. My point is that there are tricks...
Good to know!!! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
DS5 has not shown a great desire for this either, but it is coming. The only way to do it, IMO, is to make a bee-line there the first thing. While everone else is getting FPs for TSM. (if he wants to do the Jedi thing). That is what we will do next time, if we do. The first show is 9:50 I think, or 10am, so even if you get there "first" you are still waiting 45 minutes.
Hmmm...I don't think I will mention it to Connor -- if he mentions it then we will cross that bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
We ended up with one of those helmets, BTW.... Like we needed that.

We have a Darth Vader one that is similar. It can make a person do a double-take when you round the corner and see Darth coming in the opposite direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Carrot cake cookie = I LOVE them. But they are very rich, I could eat 1/2 at best.
Yum, yum, yum! Sounds like breakfast for two days for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Just be aware, they have a thick layer of frosting in the middle. I like them, but I don't love them like most people do. I have had better carrot cake, and I'm just not a frosting person. They have some killer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that I am quite fond of, however.
Those sound quite delicious, too!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #130
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

I do that too!!! I make something for the week so the guys can "figure out" what to do with it for lunches...
Yesterday, he made nachos. Today, he can have tacos.
Tomorrow, when he is tired of Mexican, we can throw on some sauce and make spaghetti. (I don't put much seasoning on the meat, so when it turns into spaghetti sauce, it doesn't taste like tacos any more.)


Quote:
Camp? Oh now I seem to think I remember you saying something about camp, but don't remember the details... what are you doing?
I know, I wouldn't mind packing either.
Church camp. I run the kitchen.



Quote:
You are silly! I was taking photos of shopping of course!!!! And window displays.
Well, I do take pictures of doorknobs and bathroom tiles and soap, so I didn't know.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I know I know!!! I really will try to talk my DH into it... I was even going to go for broke and see if I could con him into the Christmas Party... WE'LL see...
Yeah, start at the top, and then maybe he'll bargain for less, but you will at least get something.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Those sound quite delicious, too!
The regular chocolate chip cookies are good, too.
I am just partial to the white chocolate macadamia nut goodies.
You really can't go wrong in that place.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #131
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

END of Day 3! DHS and some fireworks!

So I last left you as we were arriving at the Wilderness Lodge for our BBQ dinner at the Whispering Canyon Café ! We were excited to eat here again. We made our way into the WL, WOW I am always impressed with this resort!!!

We headed over to check in for dinner.



We walked over to the fountain -- this is the gesture I received from my youngest, in an effort to be subtle in his request for a fountain coin...



I just took this quick shot b/c our buzzer went off right away.



We had a very nice server, and the restaurant was hopping! We ordered the skillet and the same for the kids. We all ordered milk shakes. I happen to love their bottomless shakes! Though I have never made it to a refill before! So much good food! Better than Hoop de Do, I think. The skillet comes with all you care to eat samplings of their BBQ, corn, beans, and mashed potatoes, with salad and bread to start. The boys devoured the chicken and ribs. We had a fun time watching the antics in the dining room, including the horse race for the kids… DS8 participated but DS5 wasn’t sure what to make of it and sat this one out.



With dinner in our tummies, we went back to BLT and headed back to Disney Hollywood Studios.



It had cooled off and the park was slowly getting that great late evening light!



This one is a little blurry, but I was laughing about these silly wands, and how excited they were to bring them into the park



And then, basically after this photo, as we started walking into DHS, I lost my camera battery. BOOOOOO. And of course I was hoping to take photos. So instead, I took a few with my phone – something I am not used to, having only had a phone that could do this since February! I have posted them, but I didn’t take too many...

First we went to RNRC, DS5 and I just walked along Sunset Blvd..





I took a photo of TOT, because it looked cool -- thought the photo doesn't do it justice!



And then we went to use our set of FP for TSM. I just LOVE that whole Pixar alley area in the evening, it is so well lit!



Anyhow, we used our FPs, grabbed our dipped Marshmallows (well the boys did – I had my toffee piece!!) and we listened to the music a bit (on the sound stage – they have evening concerts) and then headed back to BLT.

The evening ended with baths for the boys, before I then threw them into bed. DH and I sat outside for a bit and chatted.

DAY THREE RECAP!

DAY THREE - Disney Hollywood Studios Morning and DHS Evening

1. We took our time heading to DHS, enjoyed a few rides, grabbed a few FPs, and had lunch!

2. Lunch was OOP with our TIW card at Sci-Fi Dine in... we actually used two TS meals from the DDP fo the kids since they had an "extra".

3. Dinner was the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge for a DDP TS dinner for all of us.

4. We headed back to DHS for an evening of fun but it was a relatively early night for us. We grabbed treats, had fun on TSM, and enjoyed the evening atmosphere is old HOLLYWOOD!

HIGHLIGHT: Trying Sci-Fi Dine-in! Spending some fun time that evening at DHS -- so pretty at night!

CHALLENGE: Not doing as much at the park as we would have liked, the heat really got to us this day.



The next day we were on our way to EPCOT!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 07-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Happydog is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #132
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

I think DHS looks so pretty at night. I need some night time there next year. I love the swords... I am sure I have a little Jedi who will want one of those. Boys certainly like different things than girls...legos are already something he is fascinated with!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #133
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

DS5 requesting a fountain coin: . He struck quite the pose!

WCC sounds delicious. Can you believe we have never made it over to the WL for anything??? Sure would like one of those bottomless milkshakes right now! Or a dipped marshmallow! Or a toffee piece! (Can you tell it is time for a snack here at the house? )

Sounds like a lovely night at DHS!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #134
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Another fantabulous update! WCC sounds like a crazy fun place to eat dinner! Food and fun all wrapped into one!!!!

DHS at night is so pretty!! Well all the parks are, but DHS is just so cool at night!!! TOT at night is one of my faves! Don't know if I have ever been back to see the Pixar area at night so I will have to do that!!!!

YAY for great evening had by all!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #135
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yesterday, he made nachos. Today, he can have tacos.
Tomorrow, when he is tired of Mexican, we can throw on some sauce and make spaghetti. (I don't put much seasoning on the meat, so when it turns into spaghetti sauce, it doesn't taste like tacos any more.)

Oh I do the same thing with taco meat!!! Spaghetti sauce -- perfect! We also make quesadillas with meat in them for the kids. It gets used up!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Church camp. I run the kitchen.


Well, I do take pictures of doorknobs and bathroom tiles and soap, so I didn't know.
Wow! Church camp cook! Impressive! That is probably a big group to cook for!

I know you take photos of all sorts of things I was just so proud of myself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Yeah, start at the top, and then maybe he'll bargain for less, but you will at least get something.

The regular chocolate chip cookies are good, too.
I am just partial to the white chocolate macadamia nut goodies.
You really can't go wrong in that place.


No, you CANNOT go wrong with the cookies at the Writer's Stop. HOWEVER my favorite all time cookies are the "selma's" at Goofy's.... The peanut butter cookies are the BEST!!!!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.