Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #91
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update!!!

That is such a great view from the Top of BLT!! I would love to stay there someday!!

LOL...glad you and your DH was able to have such a great evening while the boys napped!! That is fantastic! Glad you had such a great meal!!!

I so want to see the Main Street Electrical parade! That picture of the stepsisters is hilarious!! I need to download the music for it and listen to it!!!!

YAY for a great evening!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #92
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie4eva View Post
awww your kids are so adorable.glad you had fun!
Oh it was a great morning, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Your boys are so cute! Your first day looks so much fun! I love CP, too. It's always fun to eat with Pooh & Friends.
It IS a great place. I love the selection and the location is great for midmorning break and refueling!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fun time. Looks like lots of things got done in a little amount of time.
Yes, we did manage to do some rides, not nearly as many as we usually do, but we were fine with that -- it was our first morning there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
i'm here!! alrighty, going back to catch up!

Awww I love that story about your DS!! Soooo cute!! And what a great TR title…I love it! Oooh those beignets look scrumptious!! Yum! Really cute pics of your DSs on the train! I have to agree…I would not like to miss a Le Cellier dinner either! Yum! Great pics of the pool at BLT! I love your idea of a day recap and the highlights of the day! Loving your pics from MK! Especially that pic of DS on Winnie the Pooh! So cute! Can’t wait to see more!
Ha! I wasn't missing dinner The BLT resort are is nice. I really like it. DS5 loves Pooh's adventure. It is one of his favorites for certain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Top of the World Lounge is gorgeous. The view is amazing.
Your dinner sounds devine! Sometimes just a glass of wine won't do
I have a feeling light up wands will also come home with us next month.
Oh that view was amazing. The lounge was amazing! Dinner was great, and yes, sometimes a glass won't do.... Those wands are fine, but not very sturdy.... I would say regular lightsabers, the kind you can make are better at DHS or at Once Upon a Toy are better. They cost more, but they would have them longer, and they could use them in the park then, too... those wands were 10.00 apiece. I had to replace one because the handle wouldn't stay together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
wow what a great first day! I love it, dinner with your kids crashed out in your laps. Didn't they do that at Tokyo Dining once? So cute. And turned it into a date night.

I hadn't even thought that they might crash after mid day swim and sun....hmmmn, that will be interesting to see how it plays our for us.

That dinner sounds divine. Narcoosees is high on my list of places to try. Avoiding signatures this trip but one of these days.....
It was a surprise, to be sure. And no, we didn't question it!! We did end up with a second date night of sorts!!! Griffin did fall asleep at Tokyo Dining, yes, last June/July. Well yours are a little older, so they will probably be okay, but that heat/sun will sock it to you -- never mind the time zone...

It was an amazing meal, and worth going to next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sounds like a fantastic afternoon. The lounge at the top of the hotel is amazing! So happy to hear a great review of Narcoossee's. Too adorable with the boys sleeping in your laps! Looks like they got a second wind for MK!!
Oh yes they were ready to go!!! We got cotton candy and colored m&m's as well, so they had the correct "energy" for MK!!!

The lounge is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, Narcoossee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I would just chalk up the boys falling asleep to Pixie Dust for mom and dad!
Tell me about it!!!! We didn't question our luck

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #93
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a great evening!!!

So you liked Narcoossee's?? Hmmm. I'm still debating doing apps and desserts there one night in September. Still not 100% sure yet though.

Too cute that the boys fell asleep at dinner.
Oh LL it was lovely. I loved being there at Narcoossee's! SO fun to watch the fireworks from their outside area!!! It was really funny we took advantage of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Okay, I am loving the rest of your day!!! You had drinks at the pool, a drink at Top of the World, and wine at dinner! I would have been like Woody at that point!
Um, yeah, your account of my indulgence is correct. It was all SO good, though!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

How lucky that the boys fell asleep at Narcoossee's and you were able to have a nice quiet adult meal! And to top your day off with the MSEP! This is truly my idea of a perfect Disney day!
It was a great way to end that day -- it really was. I didn't expect them to fall asleep by why deal with cranky whiny kids! If they are tired, let them sleep! We had more fun later because of that. It was a perfect day. With a little cotton candy thrown in for good measure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie4eva View Post

hee hee that is funny it makes her look like she gonna you know what ...
lol
It was a silly photo, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update!!!

That is such a great view from the Top of BLT!! I would love to stay there someday!!

LOL...glad you and your DH was able to have such a great evening while the boys napped!! That is fantastic! Glad you had such a great meal!!!

I so want to see the Main Street Electrical parade! That picture of the stepsisters is hilarious!! I need to download the music for it and listen to it!!!!

YAY for a great evening!!!
Hey! Better than the music -- I have the music for my new PHONE ring!!!! I love it!!! I had Spectro, but this is more distinct. The parade was really neat. I hope they have it there for the Fall, too... We did have a great evening uninterrupted! Once in a while it is nice to actually eat dinner without helping someone else eat theirs

The top of BLT was really neat! We were lucky to be there.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #94
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh that view was amazing. The lounge was amazing! Dinner was great, and yes, sometimes a glass won't do.... Those wands are fine, but not very sturdy.... I would say regular lightsabers, the kind you can make are better at DHS or at Once Upon a Toy are better. They cost more, but they would have them longer, and they could use them in the park then, too... those wands were 10.00 apiece. I had to replace one because the handle wouldn't stay together.
My nephew has two regular light sabers and one double. I have the feeling another light saber and a wand may make their way back home. I'm hoping Mr. Potato head comes along too

Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #95
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
My nephew has two regular light sabers and one double. I have the feeling another light saber and a wand may make their way back home. I'm hoping Mr. Potato head comes along too
Oh I keep resisting the Mr. Potato Head!!!! Well then your nephew is like my DS's!!! They have double and singles too! I just had to put my foot down this trip, NO MORE LIGHT SABERS!!!!! So we end up with the silly "wands" Ah well. It's Disney.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #96
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Recap from Day 2

I said I was going to add this today, so here it is...

DAY TWO RECAP

DAY TWO – Magic Kingdom Morning and Magic Kingdom Evening

1. How fun to be in the Magic Kingdom! We missed this place! FPs for later!

2. Breakfast TS ADR at Crystal Palace -- late slot to count more like lunch (DDP).
Morning snacks at the MK included Cream Cheese pretzels and the orange juice slushies in Adventure land.

3. Pool time and Poolside beverages!!! OH yeah... Tangerine Dreams!!!! Please sir, may I have another?? CS meals from the Sand Bar -- two adult Turkey Club meals we split -- came with rice crispie treat Mickeys, and again the Glaceau Vitamin waters, which were refreshing in the heat.

4. Unexpectedly we used a TS meal for ONE adult at Narcoossee's. Expected to pay OOP with our TIW card this meal. Ended up 1/2 and 1/2 (which we usually do with Signature meals). DINNER WAS FANTASTIC.

5. The RAIN held off! No rain to rain on our parade, the MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!

HIGHLIGHT: How DH and I found ourselves unexpectedly having dinner alone! YAY to the TOP of the WORLD LOUNGE! And plenty of fantastic drinks to keep us "happy" in our "happy place"!

CHALLENGE: Getting used to the Florida heat again! We were a little slower this morning that I would have thought, just that forst 30 minutes in the park makes SUCH a difference! BIGGEST let down, was missing Laura (ILUVXU) for a DISMeet this trip!!! BOOOOOOO.... we had a slim window to try and make it work, and it just wasnt in the cards this time -- but we had a great chat on the phone!!!!

I am going to also add this to the bottom of my final post for Day 2 -- to keep my TR format consistent!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #97
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

CHALLENGE: Getting used to the Florida heat again! We were a little slower this morning that I would have thought, just that first 30 minutes in the park makes SUCH a difference! BIGGEST let down, was missing Laura (ILUVXU) for a DISMeet this trip!!! BOOOOOOO.... we had a slim window to try and make it work, and it just wasnt in the cards this time -- but we had a great chat on the phone!!!!
Someday we will meet in person. That was our wild day to at Urgent Care, I had thought maybe we could come and see you at BLT but that got cut out! Both of us had nice night though....I cannot believe the rain held out!...on the poly beach it looked terrible!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #98
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Someday we will meet in person. That was our wild day to at Urgent Care, I had thought maybe we could come and see you at BLT but that got cut out! Both of us had nice night though....I cannot believe the rain held out!...on the poly beach it looked terrible!
Oh I know! I realize that I was not very thoughtful at the time to ask if all was well with the ear! I hope we recovered! It was Luke, right ? I can't remember now!! I know, we were lucky, especially since you hadn't been a few days earlier, so I am glad you got that evening! I saw your photo on Diane's TR, she and I did actually end up meeting afterall, it was so funny, at the IG, just a few hours before we were leaving, I was such a wreck from the pool, but I just wanted to meet in person. So maybe next summer!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #99
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

So much to comment on - what a fabulous day!

I'm afraid my boys are in the same boat as yours where IASW is concerned, they absolutely refuse to ride! I say take advantage of them wanting to ride Fantasyland rides as long as you can

Wow! Crystal Palace looks almost empty! I may need to give that brunch thing a try.....

Perfect afternoon hanging by the pool - almost a necessity in that hot Florida sunshine!

The views from the BLT rooftop are amazing

How great that you guys lucked out and were able to enjoy a nice dinner basically alone! And you still made it over to the MK for the parade and fireworks
Old 07-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #100
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

What a great stroke of luck during dinner!!! Must have been so nice to have some time to yourselves to enjoy that wine! And really like the sound of that raspberry stuff! My favourite when we are over is from the Outback. Its called Wallaby Darned and it a slushie type peach cocktail. Delicious - especially when they are in happy hour (2 for the price of 1)!!!!!!!

Sounds like a perfect day - and although you did have cloudy skies I was so glad it stayed dry.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #101
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hollywood time!

This morning, our third day in Disney, we were headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I have a love/hate relationship with DHS. I mean, I like it. I would probably like it more if there were a few more attractions. I suspect that there will be more coming now that Disney had Marvel comics, but for now, it is the park we spend the least amount of time in. I am hopeful that as the guys get older this will change.

This morning started the same as the day before. I knew if we were late it would be more of a challenge, but we were all on vacation together, and after four trips this year, if we didn’t get to ride TSM more than TWICE that day, well, that would be okay. So this morning, both DH and I hit the gym… guilt factor with all the fantastic eating I was doing!!! Not that it helps!! The boys got their breakfast again, and we popped into the car and drove over to DHS. As I figured, when we got into the park, the FP line for TSM was already showing a 1pm return time So we got our FPs anyhow, DH and DS8 headed for RNRC and DS5 single rider, and I went to look at the situation for the Jedi Training Academy.

For those of you familiar with this show, they made changes to the program sometime this past fall. I understand the reasons, but since they have changed the structure for "choosing" the kids who participate (in essence removing the selection process) you now have to wait in line to be in the show. I am sure this is fair, and more equitable than in the past -- especially if your kid was not selected to do the show, and kids who hadn’t waited as long were picked instead, etc., but the CM said the line was really for the show following the next show (so two hours LATER ) and you couldn’t put your name in and come back, you had to stand in the queue (which was thankfully in the shade near where they have Drew Cary’s Sound Stage). I am willing to stand in line with the best for the right reason. This set up just seemed so terribly wrong, though, that I couldn’t see it working for us. Let alone my DS5 who I KNEW would not tolerate that line or heat for that long… I wish they would come up with a better system. At any rate, he didn’t seem too upset, he wanted to watch the show, so we did, and then we went to the Writer’s Stop for a carrot cake cookie -- SLICE of heaven with cream cheese filling!!! We then headed to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. That worked well as always! I grabbed a few pics there, but mostly just let him run around and checked my phone for updates and email, etc.

We were there for a bit, waiting for the other two. They arrived, they both played a little longer, then we then back tracked to the Writer's Stop -- DH wanted a frozen mocha!
Walking along the Streets of America, I don't remember these "fountains" from last summer. Too cute.

with our frozen drink, we continued around the corner to Star Tours. After Star Tours we checked out the gift shop, Tatooine Traders! Gee, Boba you have gotten short... We promised the boys we would be back to explore that evening...

We watched the end of another Jedi Training Academy, I just love the end with the storm troopers!! "Hello", and ready to get out of the heat we walked over towards Sci Fi Drive-in to check in for lunch. We had a few mintues, so DH went to get another set of FPs. TS ended up already out of FPs but RNRC he could get. So with two sets of FPs, we headed to lunch.

We had never eaten at Sci Fi. The past two trips we had lunch at 50s Prime Time, and really enjoyed it. This time we thought we would try something new. We had a great experience at Sci Fi Drive-in. Both boys ordered cheese burgers, and DH and I split a Rueben and Onion Rings. I grabbed a few photos while we were there. The space for this restaurant was really neat. It was quiet in there! So different from most Disney dining experiences! The food seems always to be hit or miss from what I have read, but we were fine with our lunch. The kids ate all theirs, and the onion rings were good! YUMMO! Here are my pics -- I didn't want to use the flash because of the darkness of the space, and only did on the one of the boys.

Filled up we headed back outside. We started walking towards the main entrance again, thought to see the Indiana Jones show, but the next showing was still 30 minutes away. We didn’t want to try Tower of Terror and I think we were all feeling the heat at this point, so DH suggested that we just head to the pool instead, and come back after dinner that evening. Given that it was really hot this day, his suggestion proved to be wise. As we were leaving these characters pulled up, so we stuck around to watch their skits -- it is always fun watching the entertainment at DHS!!!

After some laughs, we headed back to BLT, and this time we decided to go over and check out The Contemporary’s main pool. We were very excited for that. Again, a Tangerine Dream was in order, and we relaxed for a few hours.

We went back to the room and I went over to The Contemporary shops, to browse... I took a few photos here and there....

Hidden Mickey Carpeting!

Our Studio!

A few as I was heading over to The Contemporary...

This photo from the walkway across, as I was coming back. I made a few purchases, then headed back to the room. This was our next destination.

We had dinner scheduled earlier this evening, at the Whispering Canyon Café. I was ready for BBQ! Because the Wilderness Lodge is boat accessible from the Contemporary, we headed to the dock and took a boat ride over!

The weather was lovely, sun was out again, it had been a little overcast earlier in the morning, but now on the boat with the breeze it was perfect!

We arrived at WCC, checked in, and were seated almost immediately.

Coming UP Next!! Dinner and DHS! Round 2!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #102
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow what an awesome first day!

Awww how cute that your boys both fell asleep at dinner....that sounds like an awesome restaurant!

Looking forward to hearing more

Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #103
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I am behind!!! What a GREAT evening you had with your dionner at Narcoosee's, I LOVE it there! Boys sleeping...BONUS! What a great way to spend the evening! So sorry you missed seeing Laura in person! Glad you were able to get the Electrical parade and fireworks in! Loving all of your BLT and Contemporary pics. I really enjoyed our stay there and would love to go again! Your DHS morning seemed great too..it was HOT!! Glad you liked Sci Fi, I think it is the perfect place to escape the heat and relax!!! Can't wait to try a tangerine dream next time, sounds yummy!!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #104
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great update!
I agree about the Jedi Training Academy. My older nephew would never want to wait that long on line. And the 2 year old doesn't know Star Wars just yet

I love the fire hydrant fountain. It is SO very NYC.
I wish I had a carrot cake cookie for dessert tonight. Definitely heading to the Writer's Stop next month.

Sci-Fi looks like so much fun! It must be so nice to eat in quiet for just one meal.

Can't wait to read about your experience at WCC.

I just looked at our ADR list and we have lunch at Sci-Fi scheduled on the same day as our WCC dinner. Great minds

Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #105
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the TSM craze will ever die down, or if it will always be necessary to get there before rope drop and rush to grab FPs to avoid a late afternoon return or worse no return at all!

Sci-Fi lunch is a tradition for us, love the atmosphere in there and it's so nice to get out of the heat for a bit and sit in some AC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: