Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #61
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I understand the feeling about not planning a WDW trip! Our AP certificates were delivered yesterday and I'm already plotting how to make more trips throughout the year. I'm even debating attending the NCTE conference at CSR in November and getting a discounted room at the YC. Luckily, my principal and our PTA is VERY generous when it comes to attending conferences.

Where are you staying for your visit to Disneyland? I LOVE it there. It's so different than WDW, but still fantastic. I love the west coast Fantasyland so much more.

Hi! We loved those APs. We really used them well!!!! I have to check that NCTE conference out.. hmmmmmm... We have two nights at the Grand Californian. We walked the Downtown Disney area and through the resort last January, well two years ago it was, when I was at a training conference in LA. So it was a great way to check things out -- having not been there since I was a twenty something! Like DTD didn't exist then... We are going to stay at the Four Season Resort in San Diego the rest of the week, and go to Lego Land, the zoo, aquarium, etc. We are in Disneyland the 29th - 31st. Going to go to the Halloween party on the 31st, and then drive down to San Diego. LATE, I know, but I want to go to that party and see the fireworks. We don't get to Disney on the 29th until mid day, so we will have time then too. the 29th and 30th we are in the GCV... The 31st is going to be a little challenging, b/c we wont have a room after noon, but DH said if I want to stay for the party we could, but I just have to keep this in mind, so I will be planning that day carefully!

The AP discounts in the fall are AMAZING. The flights to Orlando in the fall are CHEAP. we had a great short trip at the end of Sept with those discounts!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #62
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait for your BCV & SAB updates. We're at BLT for 7 nights and then 2 nights at BWV. We want to try the Epcot resort area this trip and figured 2nights is enough to try it. Also, there are 2 bathrooms in the BLT 1 bedroom villas. I'm not sure if we'll be able to give that up for longer stays at BWV or BCV. And BLT has the rain shower. Love that.

BCV is on the short list for next summer's trip because of SAB. My nephews LOVE the water, so I think it would be a good fit. Have the rooms been refurbed at BCV?
I didn't respond to this one! DH wants to stay next in the 1 bedroom there at BLT. We got a great deal for our five nights in the studio, so we couldn't pass it up, but next trip, for sure there! I have to say, the BC, once it is refurbished (I think it is next) b/c the just finished the BWV, will be hard to pass up. At least for us with the kids, the pool area was great. I really really liked the split stay. 5 in each was perfect. I love those shower heads, we have them at home. They are nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a great first night! That is a bummer that the pool bar was closed but it still sounds like some lovely wind-down time after 5 days apart.

In general the DVC studios seem small when I read reviews, I hope to check out BLT one of these days but it will be in a 2b.

The "far awayness" of it is a consistent review but it sounds like you enjoyed your time there quite a bit.

LOVE that the boys saw TS3 and it inspired retail therapy. As it should!
Actually the bar was open, I think the first few minutes we were there -- but it closed at 10ish, and when I really thought about it, at that point it was closed. Anyhow, it was fine, I had a glass of wine when I got back to the room! It was a great place to wind down, yes. Loved it. The studios are small, heck, the deluxe room at the AKL seemed small, AFTER a 1 bedroom. Someone said once you try a 1 bedroom you will have a hard time going back, and they were right!!! BUT small is fine, if it is Disney, so I wasn't complaining! AND OKW has a great set up, TWICE as large as any room we ever had. And the studio too, I bet.

I really am glad we had the time there at BLT -- I liked two resorts, seriously. I am glad we did it this way, and I think when we go again I would do the same thing. That walk wasn't a big issue, just strange to take the elevator! I imagine the haul from YC to BC will be the same way, I didn't realize that the only services/shops were in BC...

Yep, more toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
The pool bar was closed!? What's up with that!? Still sounds like you had a very relaxing evening just catching up with your boys
Oh, well it WAS late!!!! But we did enjoy it. Don't worry. We made up for it on many evenings...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #63
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I am SO loving your TR! Don't you just love it when kids do something out of the ordinary (like interacting with the parade CM's?)!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #65
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi! We loved those APs. We really used them well!!!! I have to check that NCTE conference out.. hmmmmmm... We have two nights at the Grand Californian. We walked the Downtown Disney area and through the resort last January, well two years ago it was, when I was at a training conference in LA. So it was a great way to check things out -- having not been there since I was a twenty something! Like DTD didn't exist then... We are going to stay at the Four Season Resort in San Diego the rest of the week, and go to Lego Land, the zoo, aquarium, etc. We are in Disneyland the 29th - 31st. Going to go to the Halloween party on the 31st, and then drive down to San Diego. LATE, I know, but I want to go to that party and see the fireworks. We don't get to Disney on the 29th until mid day, so we will have time then too. the 29th and 30th we are in the GCV... The 31st is going to be a little challenging, b/c we wont have a room after noon, but DH said if I want to stay for the party we could, but I just have to keep this in mind, so I will be planning that day carefully!

The AP discounts in the fall are AMAZING. The flights to Orlando in the fall are CHEAP. we had a great short trip at the end of Sept with those discounts!!
Definitely check out the NCTE conference. Disney and professional development, does it get any better?

Our chess coach invited me to Nationals in December (also at CSR). I should go and support our chess team

I hope you're going to do a DLR/San Diego tr. Can't wait to read a review of GCV. The Halloween party sounds like fun. I've seen photos of the DLR Halloween decorations and they're amazing. You're going to have such a great time.
I The Four Seasons. It is my favorite. And San Diego is just beautiful!

Legoland looks like a lot of fun. Shopping is going to be dangerous!

I am trying to get in a fall trip, but I don't have much time off from school. The first day of school is September 13th (teachers are in the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day). There's Columbus Day weekend and Thanksgiving and that's pretty much it. I'll have to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I didn't respond to this one! DH wants to stay next in the 1 bedroom there at BLT. We got a great deal for our five nights in the studio, so we couldn't pass it up, but next trip, for sure there! I have to say, the BC, once it is refurbished (I think it is next) b/c the just finished the BWV, will be hard to pass up. At least for us with the kids, the pool area was great. I really really liked the split stay. 5 in each was perfect. I love those shower heads, we have them at home. They are nice!
I hope BCV gets refurbished by next summer. 5 nights at a MK resort than 5 nights at an Epcot resort seems like the perfect balance. I may just have to throw in a couple of nights at AKV

Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #66
manntra
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful way to start off your night with a perfect meal at LC I must admit the decor of BLT is really growing on me.....I did not like it at all when I first saw the pictures and models but the more I see of it the more I like it
As always your boys are just adorable.....I really like the picture of DS5 on his favorite ride
Isn't it just wonderful walking down Main Street the first time and rounding that corner....the sights, the smells, the smiling faces Ahhhhhh
Looking forward to your (1st ) night at Narcosse's

Tracy
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #67
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I bedrooms do spoil you... and it is hard to go from one to a studio! Glad you liked BLT. I hope we stay there sometime soon, I would love to walk to MK!

The boys are getting so big, and hooray for a rider on Space Mountain... we had one that chickened out!

Glad you had Pooh riders... I say ride it now too, because someday they won't want to!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #68
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I am SO loving your TR! Don't you just love it when kids do something out of the ordinary (like interacting with the parade CM's?)!!
Hi and THANKS! Yes! My guys just don't do character meets. I can't get them to show an interest, but at character meals they seem willing to. That they actually watched the parade and were engaged was nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Your DS8 is starting to look so old... he doesn't look like a little boy anymore... especially in this picture with the glasses on his head.

Sounds like you had a great MK morning!!
BOOO!! Hush you! He has to stay 8 forever! I can't STAND that he is growing up so much. The younger one even more surprising to me.

We did have a great MK morning!

Quote:
Definitely check out the NCTE conference. Disney and professional development, does it get any better?

Our chess coach invited me to Nationals in December (also at CSR). I should go and support our chess team

I hope you're going to do a DLR/San Diego tr. Can't wait to read a review of GCV. The Halloween party sounds like fun. I've seen photos of the DLR Halloween decorations and they're amazing. You're going to have such a great time.
I The Four Seasons. It is my favorite. And San Diego is just beautiful!

Legoland looks like a lot of fun. Shopping is going to be dangerous!

I am trying to get in a fall trip, but I don't have much time off from school. The first day of school is September 13th (teachers are in the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day). There's Columbus Day weekend and Thanksgiving and that's pretty much it. I'll have to see what happens.
That is so funny -- I am going to training in St. Pete's Dec 1 - 4 . I doubt DH would go for a Disney pit stop, but we'll see.

Yes, we are excited for our trip! We the Four Seasons, too. We have mostly stayed at the resort in Scottsdale, AZ, but have always wanted to be at the resort in San Diego. This worked out well for us. You do start late! But I guess you get out late too. One of those conferences would help

Quote:
I hope BCV gets refurbished by next summer. 5 nights at a MK resort than 5 nights at an Epcot resort seems like the perfect balance. I may just have to throw in a couple of nights at AKV
JUST for good measure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
What a wonderful way to start off your night with a perfect meal at LC I must admit the decor of BLT is really growing on me.....I did not like it at all when I first saw the pictures and models but the more I see of it the more I like it
As always your boys are just adorable.....I really like the picture of DS5 on his favorite ride
Isn't it just wonderful walking down Main Street the first time and rounding that corner....the sights, the smells, the smiling faces Ahhhhhh
Looking forward to your (1st ) night at Narcosse's

Tracy
Oh yes Le Cellier was not to be missed!!

I think it is neat, but it isn't really very themish, that is a common criticism. Thanks for the compliments on the boys - they are good guys. I have several photos from each trip of DS5 in Winnie the Pooh's Hunny pots! I just love that stroll down Main Street. YES, it is the best.

Oh that was a great restaurant and a great meal. WE loved it.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #69
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a great morning at the Magic Kingdom! How heavenly to be able to walk from BLT right on over!

DS5 is so cute on the Pooh ride -- he is just oozing happiness!!!

Of course, I always love seeing your boys trying to pull the sword out! One of these days they will succeed!!!

Our CP ressie is for 10:25, also, so I liked seeing exactly how much you were able to accomplish beforehand. I can only hope we are as productive as you were!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #70
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a great morning at the Magic Kingdom! How heavenly to be able to walk from BLT right on over!

DS5 is so cute on the Pooh ride -- he is just oozing happiness!!!

Of course, I always love seeing your boys trying to pull the sword out! One of these days they will succeed!!!

Our CP ressie is for 10:25, also, so I liked seeing exactly how much you were able to accomplish beforehand. I can only hope we are as productive as you were!
HI! Yes it was a great morning. It was hot, though. I have to say we really didn't have our full groove that morning. I like being there at or right before 9am. We were a little late, that was okay, but I felt a little "off" if you know what I mean. We collected two fast passed from the time we got there to the time we had our ADRs. DH had to go get them while I was checking in. DS8 and DH did single rider with Space, Fantasyland was pretty empty. So depends on if you linger/meander. Eitherway, if you can get a set of FPs before or after, that hour for breakfast is a great way to pass the time waiting for FPs, and a great way to cool off!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #71
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I bedrooms do spoil you... and it is hard to go from one to a studio! Glad you liked BLT. I hope we stay there sometime soon, I would love to walk to MK!

The boys are getting so big, and hooray for a rider on Space Mountain... we had one that chickened out!

Glad you had Pooh riders... I say ride it now too, because someday they won't want to!

I would think a one bedroom to studio would be hard. BOOOOO! The location is pretty awesome.

Oh I get my fantasyland fix still, don't worry! Yeah, he tried Space, I was glad he did! I don't know why they like that ride so much (Pooh) but I am not going to question it.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #72
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Another great Happydog update!!

Don't you just hate how your camera lens fogs right up first thing when you get it out in a humid Floridian morning!! LOL!!! Drives me crazy!

Love the pictures of the boys trying to be the next King of Camelot...so cute!! You have the cutest boys!!!

Hmmm...Crystal Palace so yummy!!! LOVE IT!

HM...YAY for loving it!!!! SO happy to hear that!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #73
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

About Vero.... today Hannah asked if we were going to Vero next summer. I said probably not. Her next line shocked me... and I am glad I was sitting down. She said she liked it better than Disney. There was so much to do was what she said! Mind you she cries when we leave WDW... so she must have really loved that place!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #74
burly
DIS Veteran

finally jumped over. I'm in...
Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #75
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

I'm here, a bit late in arriving Well impressed with your progress Sounding like heaps of fun so far. Looking forward to reading more. I'll will miss alot thought but I will be sure to catch up when we return. You have done a great job with the pictures, BLT looks wonderful.

Been MIA on DIS not getting time to fit everything in, with that big run up to departure. We'll be home just as you are coming over to our country. Hope we bring the weather back home with us from sunny florida

Oh CP breakfasts are just the business

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: