Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Continuing our First day of fun!

It had rained in Orlando right before my plane had landed, and so I think that cooled things off a little. It was still humid, but not with a blazing sun, and t didn’t rain on my way over or at Epcot. In fact, it rained hardly at all our whole 10 days. We lucked out with the weather with out a doubt!

I made it to Le Cellier at 6:15. Seriously. JUST in time. Here we are hanging out in front of the restaurant waiting to be seated.

I just love the gardens in Canada!!!

Shortly after, we were called inside, and my dreams of cheddar soup, tomato stacks, filets with mushroom risotto, and SMORES, came to life!

These are a few table pics, before food arrived. Again, I think this day was so much about me and my guys I just didn't haul that camera out at first.

Keeping DS5 entertained...

After a scrumptious dinner, we loitered around the WS just soaking in the beginning of our great Disney trip. I just love dusk in the Parks, so so pretty!!! My DS8 really wanted a churro… of all things!! So we strolled to Mexico and got him one, and leisurely made our way back to the IG.

This is a photo of nothing I have decided, but since I have so few photos, I figured I better include them!!!

We caught some of Illuminations, but the boys really wanted to go swimming, so we saw the opening sequence of the show, and headed back to BLT.

AND, that is where I am going to leave you. Oh come on now, don't be too disappointed! I have to spread my Disney Magic out a little...

I will leave you with this one glimpse of BLT, though. Just one of the many examples of cool contemporary Disney art on display throughout the place! I just loved this Donald, and some nifty prints of the monorails all stacked together!

Coming up next BLT!!!!! And the Happy Dog ending to a dog-tired, but happy day... Well isn't that clever...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 07-08-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #32
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

What a perfect way to kick off the trip - dinner at Le Cellier, yum!!!

Looks like the boys had a ton of fun on the train, and obviously your DH survived
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #33
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Joining in! Love the reason for the TR title! That is such a cute moment! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! It worked I thought!! Coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww, that is such a sweet sweet story.
Thanks, LL! It was pretty cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here!!! Can't believe you started this last night! If I had only stayed on a little bit longer!

Love the story about DS5 and the pixie dust!!! Could that be any cuter??? Of course, the image I have in my mind of him scooting around on his hiney trying to get pixie dust for flying is hilarious!
Oh he was scooting! It was pretty funny. He just didn't understand why the pixie dust on his butt was not working!!!

I was excited to get my TR started, I just needed to wash the campfire out of the clothes and my hair!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here! And page 2, not too bad!!!!!!

I LOVE the story, you will never forget that moment.
Nope, not too shabby! It was a fun moment between us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh my gosh, that is one of the cutest, sweetest stories I've ever read! I would have melted too, probably into a puddle of happy tears!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Oh yeah it was just that kind of moment He was so insistent that he could fly if he could just learn the ingredients for Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm here I'm here!!! I just adored the story of how this TR got its title!! HOW CUTE!!!! That is one of those convos you'll remember forever!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Oh definitely. That is why I thought it would work perfectly for this fun TR... SO happy you are here Jen, here is a "WOOOOOOOOOT!" for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Awwwww that is such an adorable story I love that he was scooting along the ground!!!!
I can't wait to read all about your adventures!!! AND you never disappoint with alcohol reviews and pictures

Tracy
Oh you know I never want to disappoint my readers!!!! Yeah it was a fun moment with my little guy. I have lots to share. Fun to find you on FB, too! I got some good pics of DH this time, he was full of antics this trip...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
That story about your son is absolutely too too adorable! Can't wait to read your report.
Oh Thanks!!! He is a cutie when he wants to be... Welcome and I am glad you are here to read along!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
No TR this year. I am starting a class in two weeks.
Oh nuts, well I will pick your brain about Vero, then. We are looking at five nights there after the Cruise in June! A class?? What kind??

Quote:
Love the Disney magic... it is the best magic of all. Those memories are the reasons why I go back and back and back again.... so sweet!
You know you are preaching to the choir on this... you are soooo right. Such a special place to be, especially with younger kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
so unbelievably adorable!!! That story is priceless!!
Thank you! And WELCOME!!!! I hope you will read along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
What a delightful story! Super cute! x
Thank you! Glad to see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Joining in!
Oh my gosh, that is too cute! If only he did Soarin' or Peter Pan right after he rubbed himself with pixie dust.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Barbara
Oh I agree! Seeing him on Soarin is fun, too! More TRIP coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I just found your report and am along for the ride... Your son is adorable - love the pixie dust story. Disney Magic is special!!!!
It is the only kind of magic if you ask me!!!! WELCOME! Glad you are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I'm in the midst of my post-Disney depression and need to get back in the groove!

That story was adorable!
Hey! What about yours!!?? So I need to see a TR link for your trip, too! I always think writing these helps to stave off the Disney Blues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Hey hey hey! Glad you are here!

Last edited by Happydog; 07-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #35
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Vero was great. We hated to leave. Lots of great activities. We did not eat out much though... we cooked it was just easier. Great pool and slide, great great great CM. We were not great at the beach though.

The sea turtle stuff was the best part... Hannah was really into it. I would suggest more if you do go there!

I am starting some admin classes...
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #36
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Cafe du Monde is the best!
The train seems like a fun way to get to Disney. I'd love to try it.
Love the Donald print. Can't wait to read more about BLT!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 AM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'd recognize that Cafe du Monde table anywhere! The picture of you with your friends on Bourbon Street is fabulous! Such fun! Makes me want to head to New Orleans again!

Emperor Zurg appears to be doing his very best to sass the boys! Not sure how successful he is since the boys are laughing at him.

Hurray for being reunited with all your boys and enjoying dinner at Le Cellier! I agree that dusk in the parks is one of the best times! Adore it!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #38
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in too!

Great start so far, and what an awesome story to base your title off....too cute!

Your boys are adorable and I'm looking forward to hearing more

Old 07-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #39
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

You look like you are having too much fun for a work trip!

Sigh....Cafe DuMonde.....lucky lucky girl!

The boys look like they had a great time on the auto train down and I love your dash to dinner, what a perfect first night dinner! Not to mention creative in terms of how you made it there on time!

Emperor Zurg

Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #40
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
What a perfect way to kick off the trip - dinner at Le Cellier, yum!!!

Looks like the boys had a ton of fun on the train, and obviously your DH survived
Oh yes, we had to go there of course! We made TWO reservations this trip! Oink oink!

Oh I am sure they had fun. DH managed okay, though I never thought to ask him why he didn't change their outfits from the train when they got to the resort! That is such a mom thing I am sure. Travel-worn outfits!

Quote:
Vero was great. We hated to leave. Lots of great activities. We did not eat out much though... we cooked it was just easier. Great pool and slide, great great great CM. We were not great at the beach though.

The sea turtle stuff was the best part... Hannah was really into it. I would suggest more if you do go there!

I am starting some admin classes...
Oh you will have to share ideas, I will get them from you once I know we are going to get in. We should know by October. I am looking forward to it then!

Oh ADMIN, well, welcome to the dark side!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Cafe du Monde is the best!
The train seems like a fun way to get to Disney. I'd love to try it.
Love the Donald print. Can't wait to read more about BLT!
I bet you would like it! It starts your vacation, and is relaxing. If you only have so many days and have to maximize, then flying is best, but if you are going to drive anyhow, it is definitely nice.

There is some COOOOOL art at BLT! I am afraid I didn't get the photo of my favorite print, the one of the monorail! I thought I had. BUT the whole place is really nice.

Quote:
I'd recognize that Cafe du Monde table anywhere! The picture of you with your friends on Bourbon Street is fabulous! Such fun! Makes me want to head to New Orleans again!
Oh we had fun in the evenings, for certain. I ate at some INCREDIBLE restaurants and we had a great time. And the training was really amazing so it was a great end of the year professional experience as well.

Quote:
Emperor Zurg appears to be doing his very best to sass the boys! Not sure how successful he is since the boys are laughing at him.

Hurray for being reunited with all your boys and enjoying dinner at Le Cellier! I agree that dusk in the parks is one of the best times! Adore it!
Yeah, he gets NO respect Even now, at home -- he seems to be relegated to a shove OFF the shelf now and then

It was great fun seeing them there waiting for me I was so into being back at Disney and with them, I just plain forgot to take photos!

Such a pretty time of night, as the lights start to appear and the air cools down. I WS at that time best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I'm joining in too!

Great start so far, and what an awesome story to base your title off....too cute!

Your boys are adorable and I'm looking forward to hearing more
Thank you and WELCOME!!! I have lots to share!

Quote:
You look like you are having too much fun for a work trip!

Sigh....Cafe DuMonde.....lucky lucky girl!

Yeah, well.... No it was a great trip and the professional opportunity was really satisfying. Cafe DuMonde, NOLA's, Bacco's, etc. etc. we ate REALLY well.

Quote:
The boys look like they had a great time on the auto train down and I love your dash to dinner, what a perfect first night dinner! Not to mention creative in terms of how you made it there on time!

Emperor Zurg

Oh I think they did. DH, well... he had fun locking them in the roomette!!! We didn't know how to get me from the airport to BLT BACK to Epcot in time for the ADR. So, we tried this. It worked perfectly. He was able to park there at the BCV, and they let me hold my luggage while I met them in the park. Disney CM's were very helpful! It was a good plan!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #41
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

First of all...I sat in Cafe Du Monde just a few short days after you did!! I loved the warm beignets...loved walking in the French Quarter...it was a great time!!

OOH dinner at LeCellier sounds amazing right now!! I would love to eat there!!

Can't wait for more pics of BLT!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

great timing. I love starting a trip with a little relaxation, dinner and a leisurely stroll sound great

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 07-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #43
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

subbing! what a sweet family you have! the pixie dust story was too cute.

cant wait to read more!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #44
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Toy Story MANIA. Literally!

So DH dropped me and my carryon bags off at the BLT entrance and then I waited for him to park the car and meet me in the lobby. Here is an amazing light fixture that I saw as I waited with DS8... there were several at this resort! I have better pictures in daylight! They will come in the next few days.

And another photo in the lobby area waiting with DS8 (who is acting the loon here...) You get a glimpse of my toe...

That night I wasn't in full picture taking mode, just snapped a few here and there. I did get a photo of the room while was still presentable! I was told there was a Mickey on the bed!

This cabinet is really nice. It has LOTS of storage space.

Here is DS5 waiting to head to the pool, notice the hidden Mickey's in the bedding?

This is the "sink/kitchen" area in the BLT Studio. The boys wanted to show me their jumping LGM!!! (More on him later! )

Once we all got into our suits, we headed out to the pool! We spent an hour there, and DH and I relaxed on the lounges chatting while the boys played at the pool! While we didn’t see Summer Nightastic that evening, we sure heard it!!! Talk about the BOOM of fireworks without a glimpse! But again it is little details like this which reminds me that we are in Disney! Where else are you accustomed to seeing or hearing lavish fireworks nightly??!! As we were leaving, we caught the Electric Water Pagent as it went by. I seemed to have missed taking pics this evening, so here is the pool at night, I borrowed this shot so you could at least see the light up features!

And the Pagent! Well part of it!

Since we were going to try and make an early morning to the MK, we decided it was time to hit the hay. So we headed back to the room, I got the kids dressed for bed, and into the fold out they went! DH went to the market store in the Contemporary and bought some milk. I had brought cereal from home.

While he was out, I unpacked a little, DH had aready unpacked our Disney box, putting all the toys in the TV cabinet, and the big “Disney goodie bag” in the closet. We gave that to them the next night. He left me a few drawers, so I took care of my clothes, hung up swim suits, and we both hit the pillows! Our studio was on the ground floor. It was on the side facing the Contemporary, and the view was nice, because you could see the Marina. The walk to either pool area was quick! We tried out both pools, so I have pics to share.

Before I end this update, I want to share a few photos of the new Toy Story toys which found their way into our house the week I was gone… TS3 came out on my DH’s birthday. I wasn’t there to celebrate, nor see the movie with my family , but for his Birthday, the boys were given money to “celebrate” by taking their dad out for the movie and for lunch at Red Robin. So, the “boys” – and that is all three of them – had a great afternoon. My DH was so moved by this film, that he was inspired into retail therapy immediately following. He took the boys to Target and bought these action figures… We already owned Woody and Buzz (having bought them for the Halloween and the Christmas trip goodie bags/stockings). Not only did he buy them, he carted them all the way from Maryland to Disney. We looked high and low for the toy set that had Jessie and Bulls Eye, but we couldn’t find it in Disney. We have since ordered it on Amazon!

It just made me laugh how my DH can get into something, and really it takes on a life of its own! i.e., FIVE trips to Disney in a year... And with the TS enthusiasm came the two mega TS lego sets for DS5 ...

NEEDLESS to say, the silly bandz that Ms. Anita WigD sent us have been a BIG hit... THANK YOU WigD!!!!!

So that evening, I fell asleep happy to be back with my family and so excited to be in Disney. I was excited for what tomorrow would bring, especially since I was waking up in Disney World, at the resort we both had been waiting to stay at!!! While we didn’t do too much this first day, tomorrow would bring our first full park day, and our first day at the MK!!

DAY ONE RECAP

This TR I am going to try something new. At the end of each “DAY” I am going to recap the events, including the highlights and the challenges. We were on the basic DDP the whole trip, but we did do OOP a few times. I will indicate this as well.

SO…..

DAY ONE – Arrival Day!

1. A great introduction to BLT – easy checkin, nice first floor room (even though we had requested a higher floor, we liked the location.

2. QS Lunch for the three boys at Contempo Café (DDP) the beverage selection in the cases at Contempo Café is GREAT, btw. Kids had cheeseburgers and DH had a flatbread pizza. Dessert was a worms in dirt cupcake and since we had refillable mugs, DH grabbed a glaceau vitamin water.

3. Attempt #1 for pool time, lasted 30 minutes before the rain came! A drive to BC and a rendezvous in Epcot!
4. TS Dinner (DDP) at Le Cellier, minimal wait, great meal! Appetizer was OOP with our TIW card. Dinner didn’t disappoint, AS ALWAYS!!!
5. Pool time at BLT, GREAT pool, not crowded, easy atmosphere, bar was closed, BOO, but a relaxing evening with the added fun of the Electric Water Pagent rolling past in the lagoon!

HIGHLIGHT: reuniting with my family after FIVE days!!!!

CHALLENGE: deciding whether to have the filet or the coffee rubbed strip at Le Cellier… HA HA HA. Well, I had to add something!!!

Actually I can only say nice things about BLT generally speaking, but I do feel that the exercise facility, the food court and shopping, seems farther away than in other resorts we have stayed at. All of this was stationed at The Contemporary. It cannot be helped, and it isn’t that bad, but we had to take the elevator to the 5th floor, then walk the sky bridge then go to the stores, etc. to get coffee, soda, or other items. I was able to get soda at the drink refill station by the pool. It was a little closer, but not by much. Beds were very comfortable. I was not really liking the bathroom slider, but also wasn’t sure what to make of the vanity area and the wet bar area using the same space.

Oh. And two more random photo that I took of DS8 as we were on our way back from dinner...

I had to laugh at that one.

Up NEXT! Day TWO! FIRST official day in a park!

Last edited by Happydog; 07-08-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #45
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great ending to your first Disney day!
Your tr is definitely helping to get me even more excited about our first BLT stay. The decor is beautiful. Love the light fixtures.
The vanity/wet bar area is a bit odd. I wish the vanity area was IN the bathroom.
TS3 was such a great movie. It inspired some retail therapy here too

Can't wait to for your next update. The walk to the MK from BLT/CR is so great. That is the one reason we our stay at the CR a couple of years ago.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: