Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Can't believe you started this last night! If I had only stayed on a little bit longer!

Love the story about DS5 and the pixie dust!!! Could that be any cuter??? Of course, the image I have in my mind of him scooting around on his hiney trying to get pixie dust for flying is hilarious!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, that is one of the cutest, sweetest stories I've ever read! I would have melted too, probably into a puddle of happy tears!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #20
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here I'm here!!! I just adored the story of how this TR got its title!! HOW CUTE!!!! That is one of those convos you'll remember forever!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
manntra
DIS Veteran

Awwwww that is such an adorable story I love that he was scooting along the ground!!!!
I can't wait to read all about your adventures!!! AND you never disappoint with alcohol reviews and pictures

Tracy
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #22
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

That story about your son is absolutely too too adorable! Can't wait to read your report.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

YOU are fast... So glad to "friend" you on FB!!! I hope you are planning your own TR??!! Or did I miss it? You have been watching!!!!
No TR this year. I am starting a class in two weeks.

Love the Disney magic... it is the best magic of all. Those memories are the reasons why I go back and back and back again.... so sweet!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #24
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

so unbelievably adorable!!! That story is priceless!!

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

What a delightful story! Super cute! x
Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #26
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Oh my gosh, that is too cute! If only he did Soarin' or Peter Pan right after he rubbed himself with pixie dust.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Barbara
Old 07-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #27
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

I just found your report and am along for the ride... Your son is adorable - love the pixie dust story. Disney Magic is special!!!!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #28
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I'm in the midst of my post-Disney depression and need to get back in the groove!

That story was adorable!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #30
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A reunion and let's eat!

So before I really start my first day at Disney, I guess I should revisit the trip I took BEFORE my Disney vacation. If you were following my PTR, that would be a business trip to attend a workshop in New Orleans, LA. I had been once before, back a few years ago, but that was in the fall. Here it was the week before my vacation began, and I was on my way to another state! I not only had to pack and plan for this work-related travel, but also for our vacation -- for myself and my kids! – before I left Maryland! While I was away, my DH and my DMIL held down the fort for the final two days of school and my husband had his final staff day before the year officially ended. My end of the year was spent in a climate-controlled conference center on Canal Street!!!! Now I really didn’t take pictures people, sorry to disappoint. I managed to take a few of the movie they were filming in the lobby, and a few of my surroundings, but generally I left my camera alone. I ate some great food, had fun with some colleagues, and overall had a fabulous professional experience. It got me relaxed for sure, and really ready for my Disney trip. Here are a few that I was able to scrounge up...

OF course the most important icon of New Orleans:

So we made the trek to Cafe Du Monde twice ... we got up early and skipped the conference breakfast, opting instead for Beignets!!!!

Here is a random photo of me, with my friends (whom I don't think will kill me for posting this on the DIS ) This is somewhere on Burbon Street... YES, we walked up and down that street a few times... I am on the far left...

HERE is the view from the window of my room... DONT laugh. You would think I could have remembered to, oh, OPEN the blinds!!!

The pics from the movie they were shooting in the lobby are on my phone. I have to email them to myself before I can add them to Photobucket. I will fill you in later this week in a separate update.

So my workshop ended on the 20th of June. The day before, my DH and two boys drove down to Lorton, VA, a few hours from our house, and boarded the Amtrak Auto Train. Now, we all took the autotrain last year, on our first summer trip. If you want to see photos, check out my TR in my signature We LOVED it! Or, better yet, check out DDisrunner's new TR! She has train photos, too! I did entrusted a small camera to my DH, however, and asked him to take a few train photos. Here is what he was able to come up with…

(notice in this photo they are getting "sassed" by Evil Emperror Zurg. More on HIM later)...

And here I think they are watching Clone Wars or Toy Story.

SO, initially we were all going to drive down to Disney, but because of the training, and not wanting DH to make the drive solo, we went with the family taking the train down. They arrived in the morning of the 20th, and drove to Bay Lake Towers!!! Me, well I caught a 2pm plane bound for Orlando. I then went from the airport via taxi to the BCV. I didn’t take ME because I was afraid that I would miss dinner. I know I know funny, right?? Well, missing Le Cellier for dinner was NOT an option for me. We had a 6:15 reservation… DH and the boys checked in at BLT, went to the pool, then changed and drove to the Beach Club. They left my AP at the front desk, and headed to Epcot to catch a ride or a pavilion, and check in for dinner. I took my cab to BCV, left my luggage with bell services, collected my AP from the front desk, and walked out BC and over to the IG (or Anita and Christine’s PRIVATE entrance! ) my sights on …

Continued in the NEXT post...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 07-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: