Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #136
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I think DHS looks so pretty at night. I need some night time there next year. I love the swords... I am sure I have a little Jedi who will want one of those. Boys certainly like different things than girls...legos are already something he is fascinated with!
Oh that is coming I am sure! They really are festive -- different from light sabers. That is why they liked them I guess.

DHS is really pretty at night. Very L.A.... which obviously is on purpose!!! I think the whole "Marvel" comic idea is going to do well at DHS -- already the Streets of America have that "comic book character" feel IMO.

The lighting and the theming really make it feel so Hollywood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
DS5 requesting a fountain coin: . He struck quite the pose!

WCC sounds delicious. Can you believe we have never made it over to the WL for anything??? Sure would like one of those bottomless milkshakes right now! Or a dipped marshmallow! Or a toffee piece! (Can you tell it is time for a snack here at the house? )

Sounds like a lovely night at DHS!
I know -- what a turkey he is.

WCC is really good! If anyone in your family liked BBQ it would be a good place to go some time. The milkshakes are awesome. And yeah, clearly you are ready to get to Disney for serious snacking!!!!!

DHS is so cool at night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Another fantabulous update! WCC sounds like a crazy fun place to eat dinner! Food and fun all wrapped into one!!!!

DHS at night is so pretty!! Well all the parks are, but DHS is just so cool at night!!! TOT at night is one of my faves! Don't know if I have ever been back to see the Pixar area at night so I will have to do that!!!!

YAY for great evening had by all!

I really enjoy dinner at WCC -- it hasn't disappointed yet.

DHS IS really pretty, I agree -- the theming is very neat. I love it at night, too, but NOT TOT! I have only been on that once a LONG time ago, and I don't see myself going on it again any time soon.... not sure about that one!!!

Pixar area is very charming at night -- the lighting is really nice in there.

It was a great evening, that park reminds me of summer, for some reason... maybe the whole LA theme....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #137
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have been following your report. Your boys are cute. We ate at WCC last October for the first time and really enjoyed it. I love all the pictures of the BLT, the views from the top are amazing.

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #138
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Recap from Day 3

SO, like an Um-dumb I forgot to add this to my last post, so I edited it, and posted it here... I will get the hang of this I am sure!

DAY THREE RECAP!

DAY THREE - Disney Hollywood Studios Morning and DHS Evening

1. We took our time heading to DHS, enjoyed a few rides, grabbed a few FPs, and had lunch!

2. Lunch was OOP with our TIW card at Sci-Fi Dine in... we actually used two TS meals from the DDP fo the kids since they had an "extra".

3. Dinner was the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge for a DDP TS dinner for all of us.

4. We headed back to DHS for an evening of fun but it was a relatively early night for us. We grabbed treats, had fun on TSM, and enjoyed the evening atmosphere is old HOLLYWOOD!

HIGHLIGHT: Trying Sci-Fi Dine-in! Spending some fun time that evening at DHS -- so pretty at night!

CHALLENGE: Not doing as much at the park as we would have liked, the heat and crowds really got to us this day.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #139
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Great update. I really like the idea of spending time at DHS when it's dark out. It really is quite pretty with all the lights. I think I might have to remember that in September.

I want to go to WCC so badly! I'm just worried it's one of those places we wouldn't get the biggest bang for our buck.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #140
Happydog
DIS Veteran

EPCOT here we come!

Day four was our first park day in Epcot! I love the entrance music, I love walking past the fountain and the big COTTON BALL, as my DS5 named it, and there is something about the entrance to this park that is so unique! We really like it here, and we were excited to get there in the morning so we could get our rides in!

This morning started the same as the morning before, and we were on our way to Epcot, about 8:45am. Once in the gates, we split and DS5 and I headed to get Soarin’ FPs and DH and DS8 went to Mission Space. We met at Mission Space and headed to Test Track. The wait was posted 30 minutes. But that wait was really long. I am not sure why it took so long, and usually we don’t wait in line, but this time we went ahead and did it and that was a BAD move. It took easily 40 minutes. They didn't have a very good flow for the FP and regular line. Anyhow, we took a few photos to keep us occupied…

Look! A not so hidden Mickey! Well, he was kinda hidden... LOL!

Once we made it through, the kids checked out the cars, as always!, and then we made our way to the car wash!

Here is one big bug I have to scrape off the grill of my car...

DH ran to get another set of FPs for Soarin’, and the boys and I headed towards the World Showcase, we then met in Mexico where we bought quick service meals for all of us. Though the San Angel’s Inn Cantina is closed for refurbishment, they do have a “QS” stand – and the food is better than what they had at the Cantina. They don’t have kids meals, so the boys each had a nice full sized cheese quesadilla with black beans and rice. Fortunately for us, this is one of their favorite meals! So we all had a nice lunch. They do not have tables right now, you have to eat at the “standing” tables around the park, but up on the area outside the Mexico pavilion there are tables in the shade and you can sit on the low wall around the pavilion building. So that worked out well!

With lunch, an important necessity taken care of, and of course Churros in hand, we meandered past the Mariachi band, and headed to Maelstrom…

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Mom, we don't want to watch the movie!!!

We escaped, and took our photo in front of the waterfall...

A funny moment was when DS8 looked up by the waterfall and saw the boat. He was shocked, he said what are those boats doing there??

And I had to remind him that the boats were the boats that he has been on and seen in this exact spot all these visits... here was his sheepish realization…

He called this his big “DUH” moment on our trip!!!

We then made it to Soarin', and decided to call it a mornin'. ( I didn't intend for that to rhyme. Just seeing if you are paying attention ) So we returned out of the park, and make our way back to the pool at the resort. We had dinner in Italy that evening, so we had plans to do a KP mission, as well as use our second FPs for Soarin’, and enjoy a few more attractions that evening… Here are a few shots of my favorite fountains in Epcot.

Bella Italia COMING UP!!! Dinner at Tutto’s and pixie dusted walkways…

Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #141
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great update. I really like the idea of spending time at DHS when it's dark out. It really is quite pretty with all the lights. I think I might have to remember that in September.

I want to go to WCC so badly! I'm just worried it's one of those places we wouldn't get the biggest bang for our buck.
Oh do walk around one evening, I bet you and your hubby would enjoy that! You can get a frozen coke or an adult beverage and just walk around, or grab some bench on that main drag by TOT and people watch! I think it is really well lit and not crowded at night, which makes it a nice place to be.

The gals last fall were there very late one night, and their photos sold me. We were at DHS two different evenings, and enjoyed it tremendously.

Well, we were on the DDP, so it did give us a good value for our TS credits -- We only ate what they brought to us, you can ask for more, but we couldn't have eaten more. We did get one extra slab of ribs, but that was because the guys were eating them too! I would say it is a meal you have to be hungry for. Which is why we didn't have much of a lunch. I would say on free dining it would be good choice, or if you were on the DDP.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #142
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I love how DHS looks at night!! I don't think we've been there at night since we saw Fantasmic in 2006! That's one thing I'm looking forward to in February/March... early sunset... we'll get to experience more night time magic without having to stay up too late!

I love the entrance of Epcot too!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #143
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great updates!
The skillet at WCC is so yummy. And the bottomless milk shakes are the best.

Looks like you had a great Epcot morning. Hmmm, I have to try the QS place in Mexico. We had dinner at San Angel Inn in 2008 and hated it. Sounds like the QS place is better.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #144
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Great updates!
The skillet at WCC is so yummy. And the bottomless milk shakes are the best.

Looks like you had a great Epcot morning. Hmmm, I have to try the QS place in Mexico. We had dinner at San Angel Inn in 2008 and hated it. Sounds like the QS place is better.
Yes, WCC is very tasty! Sorry about San Angel Inn, though... we have eaten there twice and been quite happy with the food. I think they have changed a few things recently.. the menu looked new (from Februrary) and they are serving regular chips vs. those puffy things.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #145
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I love the entrance music, I love walking past the fountain and the big COTTON BALL, as my DS5 named it, and there is something about the entrance to this park that is so unique! We really like it here, and we were excited to get there in the morning so we could get our rides in!
I love the entrance music as well! It's one of my favorite tracks to play on the Four Parks One World CD.

Quote:
The wait was posted 30 minutes. But that wait was really long. I am not sure why it took so long, and usually we don’t wait in line, but this time we went ahead and did it and that was a BAD move. It took easily 40 minutes. They didn't have a very good flow for the FP and regular line. Anyhow, we took a few photos to keep us occupied…
We have had a similar experience with Test Track -- that line can take FOREVER!

Quote:
Looks like DH was having fun playing in the cars, too.

Quote:
Here is one big bug I have to scrape off the grill of my car...

Love it!!!

Mmmm, the Mexican food sounds delish!!!

You are just churning out the updates!!! I am impressed!!!

Can't wait to see what you think of Tutto! I am really sad that we had to replace it with that dang Teppan Edo. I was looking forward to a repeat of my October meal there.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 AM   #146
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Another great update!

Your day at epcot sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing how the evening went!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #147
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Yum - Bella Italia!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #148
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, WCC is very tasty! Sorry about San Angel Inn, though... we have eaten there twice and been quite happy with the food. I think they have changed a few things recently.. the menu looked new (from Februrary) and they are serving regular chips vs. those puffy things.
It may have been just a bad choice from the menu. Eventually, I'll go back and try something else.

Can't wait to read about your dinner at Tutto's.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #150
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

All caught up! WCC looks like so much fun for dinner, I can't wait to see if breakfast is as yummy.

I love DHS at night and the lines are SOOO much better, or at least they were for us last year, really fun. I do agree about the ages, as they get older you may enjoy it more, it's actually a favorite of all of ours.

What a bummer about the TT line, that can mess up your mojo on the first ride of the day.

Good to know about the QS in mexico for lunches, we were just chatting about Mexico last night! the WS version that is Half our group did the cantina for lunch last year and wasn't thrilled but sounds like the options may be a bit better at the QS? I just want to see the New Cava and check out the offerings!

Soarin'

Morning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: