Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #61
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love your plans for the first five days! I am also disappointed that I will have already left when you arrive. I always try to build afternoon breaks into my schedule. I know it takes time away from the parks, but I need it to avoid sensory overload!

Your trip is shaping up so nicely!
Hi Mary Ellen!

I'm disappointed too, we are missing each other by a hair I agree, when we went in January and didn't do the breaks in the afternoon, I missed it terribly!

I am hoping to get the next five days up Saturday.....no I will get them up Saturday!!! I am taking my car in for an oil change at 930am then it will be home to post
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #62
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Another week almost over...isn't it funny how we wish them away and then when we actually get to WDW we want time to stand still

Jasmine and I are heading down to Grand Forks ND for the day on Sunday! I was hoping to leave Saturday and stay the night, but Jasmine picked up a shift at work and that comes first! I am going to take the car for an oil change on Saturday morning and then I will get home and post our next 5 days!!!

I am trying to get together a list of things I need (ok want ) in the states. I love Target, have I mentioned that before, I love Target! I have quite the list for that store already! The first thing on my list is an over-the-door shoe organizer....because someone (moi) left it on the back of the door last August at ASMu....didn't realize until I was unpacking when we got home! I also want those 3-in1 Purex laundry sheets...has anyone used those? They just seem so handy!

Jasmine wants to hit Kohl's, Pacsun and TJ Maxx. She informed me today she hardly has any tops does she forget I do her laundry I should have taken a picture of her face when I told her we're taking one suitcase each and I'll just do laundry at the end of the first week. My friend Diamondintheruff taught me all about doing laundry and drinking by the pool...I need to perfect my style

We will also hit Bath and Body Works....they did open a store at one of our malls here, however, they don't have the variety that the states have, so I need to stock up

Still haven't booked flights yet, but I'm really leaning towards that Delta flight that leaves Winnipeg at 11am and arrives in Orlando at 520something. I love the idea of not picking up our luggage and going through customs, never mind not being at the airport at 4am We will see though, you'd be surprised the lengths I'll go to save a few bucks on airfare!!!

I hope you are all having a great week and I promise a post on Saturday!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 AM   #63
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Not having a Target minutes from your house seems so wrong! Our house is set nicely between 2, which I and visit far more often than I should

I've used the 3-in-1 sheets and they work pretty well. I'd think they would be perfect for vacation since it would be so easy to pack!

Have fun on your big shopping excursion!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #64
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

This is Caitlin btw I didn't realize my mom had signed in on the DIS on this comp

I can totally understand where Jasmine is coming from on the having no tops thing I have tons of clothes but it's always nice to have something new for vacation

Have fun on your Sunday trip!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #65
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Enjoy your shopping trip! I hope you find everything you need/want!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #66
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Not having a Target minutes from your house seems so wrong! Our house is set nicely between 2, which I and visit far more often than I should

I've used the 3-in-1 sheets and they work pretty well. I'd think they would be perfect for vacation since it would be so easy to pack!

Have fun on your big shopping excursion!
When we arrive at Target, I feel like I should get down on my hands and knees and kiss the floor.....it is wrong that I don't have one here I go aisle by aisle...looking at everything!!!

Good to know about the sheets, I just thought they would be so much easier to pack that liquid laundry soap and dryer sheets

Think of us on Sunday....stores open at noon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

This is Caitlin btw I didn't realize my mom had signed in on the DIS on this comp

I can totally understand where Jasmine is coming from on the having no tops thing I have tons of clothes but it's always nice to have something new for vacation

Have fun on your Sunday trip!
I kinda thought you might be on her side I think you guys are gonna have so much fun together next year, can't wait!!!

Thanks hon, Jasmine already told me we have to swing by Starbucks to get her venti black tea lemonade for the trip....I will be at our favoritie Timmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Enjoy your shopping trip! I hope you find everything you need/want!
Thanks Denise, I can't wait. It was funny today because I almost left work without getting my USD cash....that would not have been good!!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #67
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I hope you enjoy your shopping trip!

We practically live at Target. There are three of them considerably close to the house.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #68
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Rumour has it that Target is eyeing expansion to Canada. Pooksma can only hope.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #69
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I hope you enjoy your shopping trip!

We practically live at Target. There are three of them considerably close to the house.
Thank you!

I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Rumour has it that Target is eyeing expansion to Canada. Pooksma can only hope.
Pooksma and me both....
Old 07-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #70
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I said I would have the next five days up today and I am keeping to my word I thought I would actually have it up earlier today, but when I took the car in for it's oil change they asked if I wanted them to repair the recall too! Silly me, I forgot my car had a recall for the steering column. The only time we ever noticed this problem was when Jasmine was learning how to parallel park for her road test, but really, who parallel parks after that, certainly not I

Needless to say what I thought would be a half an hour turned into over an hour...but no biggy, hit the service station to fill up, then hit the grocery store. Now it's time to get this post together!

Thursday, Sep 23

EPCOT

We will ride all our fav's...TT, SE, MS, and Soarin (goes without saying)
We have dinner at Les Chefs des France this evening so I think we will actually head back to the hotel closer to noon on this day, swim, shower and change to get back so we can do some of WS before dinner and do some more after dinner. Jasmine and I will stay for Illuninations and I, of course, will enjoy it with a Grey Goose Slushie!!

Friday, Sep 24

Magic Kingdom

We will start the day in Fantasyland! We both love the rides here, I think it makes us both think of how much we enjoyed this when Jasmine was little! What will be interesting is to see if I can get Jasmine on IASW.... We usually exit going towards Tomorrowland and I'm sure Jasmine will want one ride on SM before heading back to the hotel.

This was originally the evening I had booked Narcoosee's.....but I changed my mind I know I know, it's a sickness, I'm always looking at changing our ADR's. I was reading some dining reviews and Flying Fish sounds delicious, we've never been to the Boardwalk ever, so I booked Flying Fish!!! That potato encrusted red snapper was calling my name, never mind the white chocolate peach creme brule..

Saturday Sep 25

DHS

We will do the usual here, go straight to TSM, grab FP's, jump in the standby line, after that back to ToT, RnRC, GMR (this is more for me) and then we'll play it by ear. Now I know I haven't actually added it, but it's a given that we will shop everyday before leaving the parks!

For dinner this evening, we will try another place we've never been before....Captain's Grille and the Yacht Club....very excited to try this.

Sunday Sep 26

DTD/Pool Day
I felt by this point in the trip, we could have a bit of a sleep in today then we are going to head to Kona Cafe for breakfast! We have always wanted to try it out so I will pay OOP for this instead of using a TS credit. From the Poly, we will head to DTD, so a little shopping, then head back to the hotel for some pool time.

Dinner this evening will be at Flying Fish Cafe....we are both very excited about this. We will go early and check out the Boardwalk. Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to stay here!

I'm having a bit of a moment here, I'm missing the paper where I had the rest of our days. I thought I put them all in my binder, but clearly I'm loosing my mind

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! Bon Jovi is here this evening and I can honestly say I'm really happy I didn't get tickets. It's at our outdoor stadium and we've had thunderstorms all day today! Jasmine works pretty close to the stadium so she's thinking she'll drive by on her way home from work!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #71
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great! As for changing your mind on adrs...well you know I COMPLETELY understand! I have changed adrs and resorts so many times Dale can't keep up

I'll be looking forward to hearing about Flying Fish since we've never been there!

As for Jasmine and IASW..she's going to get a break since it will be down for a rehab. I'm so bummed we'll miss it but Caitlin and her dad well not so much

Just think in 2months you'll be back!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #72
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great!

I would love to see Bon Jovi!!!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #73
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Your plans look awesome.

I have to say....I went to Target yesterday and was thinking about you and realized how nuts I'd go if I didn't have them close by.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #74
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=dawnbu40;37429066]Your plans sound great! As for changing your mind on adrs...well you know I COMPLETELY understand! I have changed adrs and resorts so many times Dale can't keep up

I'll be looking forward to hearing about Flying Fish since we've never been there!

As for Jasmine and IASW..she's going to get a break since it will be down for a rehab. I'm so bummed we'll miss it but Caitlin and her dad well not so much

Just think in 2months you'll be back! [/QUOTEI was thinking of you the whole time I was changing, knowing full well, you would completely understand!

Thanks for the heads up on IASW...guess we'll have to do Philharmagic a few times to get out of the heat

Can't believe it's 2 months today

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Your plans look great!

I would love to see Bon Jovi!!!
Thanks Denise!

Turns out we didn't need to see him, we could sit in the backyard and hear him We live about 10 minute drive from the venue and we could hear it perfectly, at first I thought someone was having a party with their music a little loud, then I realized it was Kid Rock...after him we knew it was Bon Jovi, so we set up camp and enjoyed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Your plans look awesome.

I have to say....I went to Target yesterday and was thinking about you and realized how nuts I'd go if I didn't have them close by.
Thanks!

I'm glad you fully understand my love for that store! Jasmine just jumped into the shower and we have plans to be on the road by 9 for store opening at noon....I never know how the border is going to be so I'd rather be early than late
Old 07-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #75
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Queen! I'm all caught up! Your plans look great. I would have loved listening to that concert. I hope you have a great shopping trip. I love Target as well. I have to stay out of there though because I spend too much of my precious Disney money there.

I FINALLY made it to the post office yesterday so Jas' card is in the mail!

Have a great, safe trip!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: