Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #31
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Yay for shopping-better add some more to the list, sounds like Jas needs more things We arrive in Orlando at 525p on the 18th. Maybe ww will run into eachother at the ME line Let me know when works for a meet. I think we are meeting up with Kathy and her hubby (KatMark) on Sun and then doing EMH. I hope you have better luck with ADR's than I am having. Free dining is making it hard for me to get what I want. Can't wait for the update-I will be on vacation starting tomorrow but hope to check in.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #32
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Have you girls ever tried Narcossee's? It's a lovely restaurant overlooking the water with great service. We've had steak and lobster and crab cakes every visit and they are wonderful. I don't know how the rest of the menu is though since we always have the same thing

Looking forward to hearing your plans!

No we haven't, but it's the one I've really been thinking about! Steak, lobster and crab cakes....how could that possibly not be delicious Have you ever tried Citricos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I second Dawn's recommendation of Narcoossee's. We ate there and loved it. One place I want to try but haven't yet is Jiko. I always hear such good things about it.
It's funny you say that, I have been looking at Jiko but I don't know if Jasmine would like it....we usually do Boma on every visit and I wonder now if we should skip Boma and do Jiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Congrats on another trip! (I'll certainly support your Disney addiction)

I cannot, in good conscience, support the giving up of Timmies. That's just not on my radar, its how I get through the LONG teaching days.

Looking forward to reading along. Grey Goose slushies all around then!

Hello my friend

Thank you so much! I digressed (sp?) today and we stopped on the way to work, then one of my girls who starts at 10 on Friday's brought me one, then when another girl came back from lunch she brought me one I guess I made up for the week of no Timmies

Too bad we all couldn't meet up again.....mmmmmm Grey Goose Slushies, when I have my first (cause there will be lots) I will think of you

Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Yay for shopping-better add some more to the list, sounds like Jas needs more things We arrive in Orlando at 525p on the 18th. Maybe ww will run into eachother at the ME line Let me know when works for a meet. I think we are meeting up with Kathy and her hubby (KatMark) on Sun and then doing EMH. I hope you have better luck with ADR's than I am having. Free dining is making it hard for me to get what I want. Can't wait for the update-I will be on vacation starting tomorrow but hope to check in.

Jasmine can always find more things she 'needs'....she is a shopper!! That would be hilarious if we're in line at the same time! Which airline are you flying in on?

I will get my plans finalized so we can set up a time to meet!

Have a wonderful vacation and I hope you're able to check in!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #34
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm going to hop right in with the suggestion of Narcoossee's as well. It is my new favorite. People kept telling me in Dec last year how much I'd love Yachtsman, but I hated it and loved Narcoossee's. I also liked Flying Fish, but for atmosphere, Narcoossee's can't be beat.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #35
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm going to hop right in with the suggestion of Narcoossee's as well. It is my new favorite. People kept telling me in Dec last year how much I'd love Yachtsman, but I hated it and loved Narcoossee's. I also liked Flying Fish, but for atmosphere, Narcoossee's can't be beat.
Narcoossee's it is!!! I am working on my post for the first five days of our trip so will be up later today. Thanks for your input....there is something so special about the GF that Narcoossee's just seems like a natural choice!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #36
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Narcoossee's it is!!!
I hope you two love it!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #37
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and more importantly great weather! Jasmine is working until 830pm and then her and Aladdin are off to see a movie so I have peace and quiet to write my next update

I met one of my very best friends this morning for breakfast and told her we were booked to go in September and she was so happy for us. After breakfast I headed home and was actually quite surprised to see Jasmine up and about, it was only 10am after all I wanted to discuss the first few days with her and I also wanted to check on the flights. What I really wanted to get out of the way was would she really be ok with flying through Minneapolis and not Toronto. As most of you know, she is not a good flyer and frankly I'm not the best either....and Aladdin won't be there this time to keep her occupied so I can just listen to my Ipod Yup, she actually really likes the idea of that 11am flight....I did point out through that it's actually a shorter flight all around....I think that sealed the deal. The least amount of time in the air the better

With that out of the way, we pulled up park hours including all the EMH. The last time we really took advantage of morning EMH was in 2007 when we went with my BFF and her family. We found on that trip we were better off not attending EMH and I think that's what we'll do this time. Jasmine and I end up staying at the parks later so getting up and about that early gets a little tough.

I figured I would post of first 5 days...mostly because that's all I was able to get to today

Here goes:

Saturday, Sep 18

Arrival Day
Check in at ASMu...which will be either early afternoon or early evening, depending on which flight we get
Go and check out our room, put our carry-ons away and head to DTD
If we take the early flight we will go to WPC for dinner, however, if we take the later flight I will cancel WPC and we'll eat at WPE, either is fine with us, we love both.
Do a little shopping, maybe a margarita by the water for me
Back to the hotel, unpack and get to bed for our first big day

Sunday, Sep 19

EPCOT - FW in the morning, hitting Soarin', TT, MS, and SE
Head back to the hotel for lunch and then an afternoon by the pool
Shower, change and head to Rose and Crown for dinner then we will stay and watch Illuminations....and maybe just maybe a Grey Goose Slushie in France

Monday, Sep 20

Magic Kingdom - make it for rope drop because I love that opening number, makes me cry everytime, Jasmine will make fun of me and we'll move to Main Street where I'll cry some more when I see the castle
We will head to Adventureland for POTC, SM, BTMRR then we normally head to HM and usually by this point it's pretty close to lunch time and we both love CHH so we'll stop there and eat
Head back to the hotel for the afternoon
Dinner this evening will be at Liberty Tree Tavern then we'll catch Spectromagic and Wishes...we missed Wishes when we went in January so we're both pretty excited to see it again.

Tuesday, Sep 21
DHS-we will be there for rope drop and head straight for TSM, grab some FP's then backtrack to ToT and RnRC..Jasmine will try and get me to do these over and over and I will explain the motion sickness for the 100th time...this is when travelling with my sis and her family or having Aladdin along was very helpful!!! They could go on as many times as they wanted and my sis and I could just wander around, people watch...you know fun stuff
Once again, head back to the hotel (beginning to see a pattern here) we will do this everyday we're there, unless of course it's pouring rain, then we will stay at the parks
Dinner on this evening will be at Boma...this is one of our favorites. We had both breakfast and dinner here last summer when we stayed at AKL, it was wonderful to just be able to walk down from our room, but we'll travel there too, we love it!!

Wednesday, Sep 22

Animal Kingdom - the most important part of AK for me is FOTLK, I will grab a times guide and figure out which show we will go to and we'll work the rest of our day around that This is our only planned day at AK, we figured with Kali River, we can stay at this park a little longer because getting soaked helps keep you cool We will get FP's for EE, head to KS, Jasmine will want to do Dinosaur, she'll attempt to get me on Primevil Whirl, it won't happen, then we'll probably to EE a few more times before heading back to get ready for dinner.
Dinner this evening will be at Kona Cafe at the Poly. When we went here last summer it was one of our favorite meals of the trip so Jasmine insisted on it. She had fish that she absolutely loved...it's all she talks about

That is our first five days and I have started working on our next five! Planning really is an obsession for us isn't it

Most of you also know how quickly these plans can change. We will have 2 down days planned, but now I'm seriously considering the MNSSHP on one of those evenings, just not sure which one yet.....

Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #38
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you two love it!
Thanks Dawn

I am so excited to go there...I snagged the ADR so it's all set, I told Jasmine she has to pack a nice dress for this evening! There just may be a surprise here for her on this particular evening
Old 07-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #39
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Plans are looking great! I love that you add in the stops to cry over seeing things. You HAVE to do MNSSHP!! We did last year and had such a great time! We went October 18th. (I'm about to post about in my TR!) Since you're gonna be there earlier, you'll get to have the fun without the crowds that grew as Halloween got closer, too!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #40
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Plans are looking great! I love that you add in the stops to cry over seeing things. You HAVE to do MNSSHP!! We did last year and had such a great time! We went October 18th. (I'm about to post about in my TR!) Since you're gonna be there earlier, you'll get to have the fun without the crowds that grew as Halloween got closer, too!
Thanks so much! When I really think about it, I cry alot at WDW Wishes, Illuminations, Spectromagic....chocolate covered strawberries, grey goose slushies

I am going to order the tickets tomorrow morning for MNSSHP! I just have to figure out which day We did it in 2004 when Jasmine was 12, I think we need to go again
Old 07-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #41
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great! I'll be looking forward to hearing about the surprise!

MNSSHP really is a must do! Does Jasmine just not like dressing up or what is she unsure of about it? Dale and I loved it last year and we're so bummed we're missing it this year!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #42
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your plans sound great! I'll be looking forward to hearing about the surprise!

MNSSHP really is a must do! Does Jasmine just not like dressing up or what is she unsure of about it? Dale and I loved it last year and we're so bummed we're missing it this year!
Thanks Dawn, I'll be working on the next 5 days once Jasmine leaves for work today!

I agree with you! We did it in 2004 when she was 12 and had a blast, not quite sure why she is hesitant this year I have a feeling she may be getting it confused with a Pirate and Princess Party we went to in 2007...it was so crowded you could hardly move. My friends hubby works at Team Disney and he told us because they hadn't sold that many tickets they had opened it up to cast members and that's why it was so crazy. I'm going to ask her this morning....
Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #43
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Looks like a good plan so far. I really like that slushie on the 19th.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #45
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great!

We'll be at Epcot on the 19th too!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: