Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 05:09 AM   #646
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Dana - Great shots! I love the one of you at the end and your mom and dad are sooo cute!

17 day!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #647
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Hey, for those of you trying to lose weight, I just heard a snippet on the news about a new weight loss study!

Apparently sleeping 8 hours or more will help you lose weight! Gee, I never would have guessed that! Must be why I'm having trouble losing weight!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #648
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Dana - Great shots! I love the one of you at the end and your mom and dad are sooo cute!

17 day!
Thanks! I actually really like how that picture came out! I normally don't like how I look in pictures, but I like that one They're not always that cute, believe me They were both just having a really good time. Between my season pass, a free ticket from Six Flags' "Funatic Rewards" program for passholders, and a half-price ticket from the passholder coupon book, we only paid $50 total to go, including parking! Ordinarily, it would've been at least $110. They're currently running a sale on tickets, so they're $32 plus tax and processing when bought online, plus parking. Tickets at the gate were $56.99 plus tax.

Yes, 17 days!

I also just got off the phone with SW, because my fare for my second seat has gone up $140. I wanted to see if they'd honor the original fare or not, and the lovely lady I spoke to (considering it's 5am ) said they would, I just have to call them and give them my original confirmation number from the first flight and they'll honor the $244 for the second fare as long as there's a seat available

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #649
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Hey, for those of you trying to lose weight, I just heard a snippet on the news about a new weight loss study!

Apparently sleeping 8 hours or more will help you lose weight! Gee, I never would have guessed that! Must be why I'm having trouble losing weight!
Huh, I guess that's why I have trouble losing weight too, I sleep maybe 5 hours a night, 6 if I'm really lucky! I actually just got finished with my elliptical, I only did 20 minutes, but I did intervals where I'd go really fast for 1 minute, then slower for 2 minutes...I'm going to continue to do that all week and hope something happens! I'm also going to get out my Pilates tape tonight and try to do that!

Loved the Six Flags little TR too! I keep wanting to go to Six Flags every year, but we never get there! It looks like it would be fun to go around Halloween!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #650
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'll bite!

Why do you need to have your eyes dilated?

ps. Weather is gorgeous in Melbourne. Sunny, 20 C, blue sky and balmy breezes. Nice acclimatising transitional weather from our winter to Florida!
They found a spot on the back of my eye when I went for my exam last year. They dialated my pupils then so they could take pictures of it and they had to do it again this year to compare this years pictures with last years. That way we can make sure it's not growing into something scary. We've decided it's just pigmentation, but I still have to get pictures taken every year.

Quote:

Wow, somehow I don't think that's the right answer! We skipped the weigh in at work today and I'm so glad. I know I did horribly over the last week! I had Chinese food Thursday, a donut yesterday, a cupcake today, Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #651
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Ahh, I've been so busy and I've missed so much! I totally new Jasper and Horace, too! I love 101 Dalmatians!

Okay I was so far behind I had to take notes while I caught up...let's see...

I loved your top 10 rides list! HM is such a great ride. It has become one of my favorites! I could ride it over and over again.

Fright Fest looks fun! I'm not big on stuff that is actually scary though, so I don't think I could have handled all of those creepy people. That is why I LOVE MNSSHP so much. I really like Halloween, but I'm a total wimp so I don't get to celebrate it a ton. I don't do haunted houses or anything like that, so the Disney celebrations were perfect for me!

Okay, your parents are adorable and your dad looks like the coolest person alive. I love the picture of him on the deer!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #652
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher!
Oooooooh Friendly's, we don't have them out here we used to always stop there on our drives to Cape Cod when I was a kid! I used to love the frankfurter in that weird bun we don't have out West, I always thought it was really cool!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #653
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Huh, I guess that's why I have trouble losing weight too, I sleep maybe 5 hours a night, 6 if I'm really lucky! I actually just got finished with my elliptical, I only did 20 minutes, but I did intervals where I'd go really fast for 1 minute, then slower for 2 minutes...I'm going to continue to do that all week and hope something happens! I'm also going to get out my Pilates tape tonight and try to do that!

Loved the Six Flags little TR too! I keep wanting to go to Six Flags every year, but we never get there! It looks like it would be fun to go around Halloween!
I think it's bull, actually, since every other day there's some new study about weight loss and how no one can do it right.

We had a good time It was a fun few hours.

Quote:
They found a spot on the back of my eye when I went for my exam last year. They dialated my pupils then so they could take pictures of it and they had to do it again this year to compare this years pictures with last years. That way we can make sure it's not growing into something scary. We've decided it's just pigmentation, but I still have to get pictures taken every year.
It's good that they're keeping an eye on it, then! (pun intended ) But seriously, it's good that they're monitoring it! You just never know!

Quote:
Wow, somehow I don't think that's the right answer! We skipped the weigh in at work today and I'm so glad. I know I did horribly over the last week! I had Chinese food Thursday, a donut yesterday, a cupcake today, Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher!
Yeah, I don't, either. It seems too simple. And hey, you could have done worse I had brought soup and a sandwich to work with me yesterday for my lunch and wound up ordering an Italian beef and fries instead I kept the soup for tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Ahh, I've been so busy and I've missed so much! I totally new Jasper and Horace, too! I love 101 Dalmatians!

Okay I was so far behind I had to take notes while I caught up...let's see...

I loved your top 10 rides list! HM is such a great ride. It has become one of my favorites! I could ride it over and over again.

Fright Fest looks fun! I'm not big on stuff that is actually scary though, so I don't think I could have handled all of those creepy people. That is why I LOVE MNSSHP so much. I really like Halloween, but I'm a total wimp so I don't get to celebrate it a ton. I don't do haunted houses or anything like that, so the Disney celebrations were perfect for me!

Okay, your parents are adorable and your dad looks like the coolest person alive. I love the picture of him on the deer!
Hey, life happens No biggie

I absolutely love HM. It's my absolute favorite ride at WDW

I love Halloween! I actually used to volunteer at a haunted trail I can do trails and hayrides, but I won't go in a haunted house. Long story as to why (pm me if you want to know). I just love the Disney party because it's cute and fun

My dad CAN be cool sometimes, but most often lately, he's a bit of a jerk. He was just having a really good time that night. I love my mommy, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Oooooooh Friendly's, we don't have them out here we used to always stop there on our drives to Cape Cod when I was a kid! I used to love the frankfurter in that weird bun we don't have out West, I always thought it was really cool!
You know, I've only been to Friendly's once? I went when I was living in Florida A friend and I went for ice cream

Me DBF
Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #654
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I LOVE Friendly's but it's REALLY not good for you! There is hardly anything on the menu that is less than 800 calories. I always get the Honey Barbecue Chicken Supermelt (without the bacon) and it's 24 Weight Watchers points BY ITSELF. I'm allowed 28 points A DAY! Throw fries and ice cream into the mix and it's pretty much 2 days worth of points in one meal!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #655
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know, I've only been to Friendly's once? I went when I was living in Florida A friend and I went for ice cream
Blasphemer!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #656
DisneyFirefly

So, my tickers disappeared AGAIN, so I made new ones from MagicalKingdoms and won't be changing them unless those disappear on me. I actually really like the one for my DLR trip, so I think I'll keep that.

Also, I called Southwest about my other airfare. They said they can honor the original fare (it's gone up $140 in two weeks) as long as there's a seat available, which there should be. So I'll call them Friday morning and take care of that. I also have to stop by Walgreens and pick up a couple of memory cards and a strip of batteries. Since my laptop died, I have nowhere to transfer my pictures to, so I'm just going to get a bunch of memory cards. I might just buy rechargeable batteries instead of regular batteries, though. I think that would be better than just a regular strip of batteries.

My mom and I finished making my one costume, so I have a 50s-ish skirt and top to wear for one of the parties

I'm going to Six Flags again next weekend (not this weekend, but next), as long as Jacquie can get the day off. It'll probably be Sunday the 17th. Then a friend of mine from Ohio is coming through Chicago on October 30 on her way back from Iowa, so she's staying with a mutual friend that night and then the three of us and the other friend's boyfriend (I guess that's what I should call him, anyway) are going up to Six Flags on Halloween! So that'll be fun

Um... I think that's everything for right now.

17 days! I can do online check in next week, and then a week from tomorrow, I'll be doing a single digit dance!

Me DBF
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #657
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Blasphemer!

Hey, I don't think we have them here in Chicago!

Me DBF
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #658
DisneyFirefly

So I just looked and guess where the closest Friendly's is?

Friendly's Restaurant - 179 miles
Defiance, OH 43512

Me DBF
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #659
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I just Love Friendly's, do they have them in the DC area? We're thinking of taking an April trip there, and I would love to throw them in the mix of the gourmet restaurants. DP would love it too! She has introduced me to all kinds of wonderful non gourmet foods. Corned Beef and Cabbage, Pot Roast, and a number of other Okie style dishes that I never knew existed, being raised by a highbrow Bostonian wanna be vegetarian!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 AM   #660
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:

Glad it's NOT too serious!

Okay. I'm going to be really blasphemous now....I've NOT ever been to Friendly's. Just googled them and OMG....I wonder if it's too late to detour??

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: